/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does this Quote fit in with today's political climate?

Dahir
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
"They plot and scheme and so does God . God is the best schemer." [SURA 8:30]
What's your take on that quote?

My idea on that quote is very detailed and certain. It seems to me that Islam, despite the hampering its reputation was given because of 9/11, and despite the high climate of Islamophobia and outright paranoia, is growing at rates higher than before, and the knowledge of Islam is being rapidly proliferated by none other than typically anti-Islamic media outlets.

Despite all that the faith has gone through in past years, Muslims are compelled to fight harder to protect their faith and to preserve it.

The new outcries from the international community for Islam to 'reform' has only pushed Muslims to follow a more fundamentalist route, even in secular nations like Somalia and Iraq.

Conclusion - does the quote above hold any weight in today's [Islamic] political climate?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
12-08-2006, 03:28 AM
I don't quite see what the quote has to do with anything you mentioned, but then again I'm not Muslim.

Dahir
12-08-2006, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I don't quite see what the quote has to do with anything you mentioned, but then again I'm not Muslim.
It can be best termed as a statement to the reality of FATE.

Yes, fate.

Everything that happens, from the positively progressive to the horrifically tragic. From the development of an Iraqi parliament to the disastrous death toll. From your daily routines to shocking world events.

This is especially crucial in the Islamic world today.

Many Muslims, after seeing 9/11, the chaos in Iraq, and the rhythmic international backlash against Islam, have lost hope. But it seems that the same number who have lost hope, is doubled by the number of people who have worked EVEN harder to preserve the fundamental Islam that the world has forgotten.

The most chaotic Muslim nation in the world (Somalia) has found a pro-Muslim path, and the most secular Muslim nation in the world (Iraq) has found a fundamentally-Islamic way of life.

What I mean to say, is that, in spite of all that the Islamic religion and Muslim world have gone through in recent years, certain large arenas of life have gotten brighter and look to get brighter than before the calamities of past years.

I hope you understand now. *wipes sweat off forehead*

Keltoi
12-08-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm afraid I don't. How has Iraq somehow embraced the fundamental truth of Islam? They are butchering each other in the streets like dogs. I'm sorry to describe it that way, but I don't see a single thing spiritually uplifting in Iraq. No, I'm not Muslim, but surely a state of chaos and mass death isn't evidence of Islam at work.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.