/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on yawning

Ummu Sufyaan
12-09-2006, 12:45 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters

is there anything that one is supposed to say when yawning?
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-09-2006, 12:50 PM

No I dont think you have to say anything, you just had to try to hold it back and cover your mouth:

Hadith - Bukhari 4:509, Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."

Hadith - Bukhari 8:242, 8:245, Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, Satan will laugh at him."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri

Allah's Apostle said: When one of you yawns, he should try to restrain it with the help of his hand since it is the Satan that enters therein.

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

Our Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam said: "When one yawns, cover the mouth with the hand, as the full opening of the mouth allows the Shaytaan to enter the mouth. (Muslim)
It is narrated in a Hadith, that when one yawns, one should not make the sound 'Haa', as this causes the Shaytaan to laugh.

Ma'assalama

Ummu Sufyaan
12-09-2006, 11:40 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair
and brother lolwatever, what i meant was a dua.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
12-09-2006, 11:46 PM
I say "La hawla Wa La Quwwata illah billahil Aliyul Adheem"
There is no power and might except from Allah.
:w:

Al_Imaan
12-13-2006, 03:18 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him." (Book #54, Hadith #509) ('Ha' means the sound of yawning)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The yawning as from the devil. So when one of you yawns he should try to restrain it as far as it lies in his power. (Book #042, Hadith #7129)

The son of Abu Said al-Khudri reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said. When one of you yawns while engaged in prayer, he should try to restrain so far as it lies in his power, since it is the Satan that enter therein. (Book #042, Hadith #7132)

The son of Abu Said al-Khudri reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When one of you yawns, he should try to restrain it with cue help of his hand since it is the Satan that enters therein.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-13-2006, 03:37 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
jazakallahu khair

syilla
12-13-2006, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
I say "La hawla Wa La Quwwata illah billahil Aliyul Adheem"
There is no power and might except from Allah.
i read somewhere you have to read something....so that shaytan would not any opportunity to disturb.

M.I.A.
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
as'salaam alaiqum

i read of the dua you are to say when yawning and also that you should cover your mouth with your left hand.
question is why the left hand?

m102313
04-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Wa Alaikumus Salam

Im not sure but i think its becuase when you yawn the shaytaan urinates in your mouth and you should use the back of your left hand to cover it and not your right hand becuase it is used for good purposes (Prophet used right hand/leg/side (pbuh) e.g eat, drink, sleep e.t.c)

If im wrong correct me

M.I.A.
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
thanks for that:thumbs_up

Ghira
04-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Narrated by Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, Satan will laugh at him."

Previous post is talking about this hadith
Narrated by 'Abdullah:
A person was mentioned before the Prophet (saw) and he was told that he had kept on sleeping till morning and had not got up for the prayer. The Prophet said, "Satan urinated in his ears."

What is the cause of yawning??

Abdul-Raouf
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
cause of yawning is ..

i think when the oxygen content in ur body reduces.... u yawn...

FatimaAsSideqah
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Hadith - Bukhari 4:509, Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: ‘Ha’, Satan will laugh at him.”

Use left hand because we used right hands for good purposes..left hand are for bad purposes..when you yawning then Satan would go inside your mouth..use upper left hand to cover..try it best you can..

Let me know if any incorrect..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.