/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facts about Jesus (Please add more)

AvarAllahNoor
12-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong to God And Victory To God)

This struck a chord with me - Maybe more people can add videos/clips which are imformative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBORi7HYnQM&NR

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong to God And Victory To God)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grace Seeker
12-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Just a quick note to his first point:
Jesus taught his disciples when they asked to pray:
"Our father...", not "my father".
Well, remember who was to pray the prayer....the disciples. This was to be their prayer, when they prayed, not Jesus' prayer. If you want to see Jesus' prayer, go to John 17.

And how does Jesus himself pray?
He [Jesus] looked toward heaven and prayed:
"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.... And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Just a quick note to his first point:

Well, remember who was to pray the prayer....the disciples. This was to be their prayer, when they prayed, not Jesus' prayer. If you want to see Jesus' prayer, go to John 17.

And how does Jesus himself pray?

Why was this not the thought of Christians thousands of years ago?

Grace Seeker
12-10-2006, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor

Why was this not the thought of Christians thousands of years ago?
I believe it was. That is when these prayers were recorded. I am sorry if you were taught differently.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I believe it was. That is when these prayers were recorded. I am sorry if you were taught differently.
Thosands of Christans will dis-agree with you - You have far too many denominations :)

Grace Seeker
12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Thosands of Christans will dis-agree with you - You have far too many denominations :)

Well, poll the Christians on this board. See what you get. We represent many denominations, many cultures, many nationalities.

AvarAllahNoor
12-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Well, poll the Christians on this board. See what you get. We represent many denominations, many cultures, many nationalities.
You cliam that all Christians believe Jesus is God? Think you'll find most say he's the Son of God, and not God incarnate!

north_malaysian
12-11-2006, 06:40 AM
We represent many denominations, many cultures, many nationalities.
And Muslims too.... but we just dont use the word "Denominations":giggling:

Ayesha Rana
12-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Heres a fact
Jesus peace be upon him will return to earth to lead the believers against the Anti-Christ (Insha'Allah)

Grace Seeker
12-12-2006, 04:26 AM
You cliam that all Christians believe Jesus is God? Think you'll find most say he's the Son of God, and not God incarnate!
First, I should be careful not to use terms like "all", "always", "none", and "never" as there always seem to be one or two exceptions to all of these terms so that none of the are a good choice, never.

Second, I don't believe the terms "God" and "Son of God" are mutually exclusive.

Third, yes I am of the opinion that Christians believe Jesus is God incarnate, that is exactly what Christmas is all about -- he shall be called Emmanuel, God with us. I also believe that believers will call Jesus the Son of God. I believe that we see Jesus called both in scripture:

Thomas said to him [Jesus], "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28)

Not only did Thomas address Jesus as God, but Jesus accepted it and told Thomas that other who would believe as he did blessed for doing so. Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

Then, John, the author of this Gospel, goes on to say that all that we have read in his Gospel is written so that we may believe that Jesus is the Son of God: Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 28:30-31)

So, you see that BOTH are part of our Christian belief system. They are not mutually exclusive thoughts -- at least not for those of us who would be called people of the Book.

Avar, I am not here trying to convince you that the statement that "Jesus is God" or that "Jesus is the Son of God" is a true statement, or a "fact" as is presented here. But it is a fact that Christians believe they are true. If you believe otherwise, then you are not as familiar with Christian beliefs as you might think you are.

Has this ever been discussed and debated among Christians? Yes. And at the time they were debated, those who thought otherwise found themselves in the minority and were labelled as heretics. You are entitled to think that the minority was right and the majority wrong. But you are being dishonest with yourself and with Christian history if you think that Christians think other than what I have hear restated: Jesus is God incarnate among us. Jesus is the Son of God. jesus is "True God from true God", "Of one being with the Father". As to his nature, both divine and human.

Grace Seeker
12-12-2006, 05:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
We represent many denominations, many cultures, many nationalities.
And Muslims too.... but we just dont use the word "Denominations":giggling:
OK. I admit you're funny. :giggling:

Just in case you weren't aware of why I made that comment, it was because AvarAllahNoor suggested that because there are so many Christian denominations that thousands of Christians would disagree with my previous comments regarding how to understand what is commonly called "The Lord's Prayer", even though, as I pointed out, it isn't a prayer the Jesus himself ever prayed.

While it is probably true that given the couple of billion Christians in the world, surely Avar could find a few thousand, maybe even 10,000 who would disagree with me, I think that the vast majority would agree. Now I don't intend to prove my point, but I thought if Avar really wanted to discredit me, he could simply poll the Christians present on this board. And I was suggesting, that because they are from many different denominations and other widely divergent backgrounds, they would make a fairly representative (even if small) sampling to test his theory. Perhaps he has not had the time, perhaps not the inclination, but I notice he has yet to find anyone who identifies themselves as a Christian on this board to disagree with me on this particular issue as he suggests they might.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.