/* */

PDA

View Full Version : written and oral texts

kitten
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
:sl:

can anyone list the advantages and disavantages of wriiten text as opposed to spoken /oral.

?

Please

Any linguists out there?:)

:j:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
12-09-2006, 11:31 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

spoken texts are usually informal and conversational more interesting whereas written texts would usually be formal and boring

Written texts can be edited whereas what you said can't be taken away

Hmm... LOL :p

Musaafirah
12-09-2006, 11:33 PM
:sl:
Goodness gracious..this kinda reminds me of summit we had to do during a level english Language..
Umm..
Advantages of written text over oral..
1- You can take as long as you want to write something, without making someone wait for you (?)
2- You can edit whatever you've writen
3- Can use it as a method of communication, when you don't want to face another person..
4- Recorded document..can be read over and over again..
Can't think of any more pros off the top of my head
Disadvatages
1- The person reading won't know what you felt at the time (?)
2- More of a chance of having the text interpreted incorrectly
3- Don't have the advantage of body language..
And i honestly cant think of any more at the mo..
I don't know If I've helped you much, but bear in mind I did this in the beginning of AS, over 3 years ago now! (Wow, I feel old!:uuh: )
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.