/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

Curious girl2
12-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I had just taken my daughter to bed last night and come back down stairs when I heard that delightful sound of someone being sick upstairs! My son, who's been a bit off colour for a few days had tried to make it to the toilet but ended up being sick all over the place :-(

I started to dash up stairs to try and get him to the toilet, tripped, and managed to fall down 6 stairs, bumping my ribs on every stair - ouch!

So spent the next 4 hours in hospital getting xrays and being told I now have 2 cracked ribs:cry:

It is sooooo painful! I cant get comfortable in bed, or sitting or anything. Painkillers are only doing so much and then they wear off before its time to take more.

Peace CG
<feeling a bit sore to say the least>

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
12-10-2006, 11:46 AM
salam,

awww...habibati *hugs*. Okay, I'll switch the sobbing side off. *turns a screw on her head*
I would ask how you are but you've already said so...what was the cause of your son vomiting?

what did the doctor say about the cracked ribs? Anything they can do?

wasalam

The Ruler
12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
:sl:

:ooh: i hope you get well soon ukhti...it is typical for us to get hurt...i mean we are not machines neither is our body built up of some tough substances. so it is only expected that we would hurt ourselves once in a while...i know it hurts, but ukhti think about the times when the Companions of the Prohet (saw) and the Prophet (saw) got hurt during battle...the battle of uhud where the Prophet (saw) lost his teeth...and his armour pierces through him i think :?...and i know it hurts a lot...i mean i got my teeth broken the other day playing basketball and it hurt...but i remembered the Prophet (saw) and his broken teeth and i thought this is nothing :)...

i am really sorry to hear about that...and i hope that you and your son get better soon insha'allah :)

:w:

Ameeratul Layl
12-10-2006, 12:00 PM
salam,

:eek sis Glacier, you broke teeth during basketball. Yikes! *huggles* Sorry to hear about that.

SubhanAllah everyone here seems to be so....strong!

I forgot to add earlier, I heard that when we hurt ourselves (not on purpose), some of our bad deeds are wiped waya. So, if you think about it.cracked ribs are VERY painful...imagine the bad deeds taken away for going through such pain. And sis galcier, broken teeth...compensation with the wipe away of some of your bad deeds. Im not calling you bad people. :giggling::love:

wasalam
p.s: Hope you both get better soon.inshAllah. :rose: :wub:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
12-10-2006, 12:01 PM
woa sis inshalah u get well soon! that sounds so painful :offended:

i guess its a comfort that the pain from sickness is translated into rewards for the believer :)

all the best!

tc ws wr wb

Indigo
12-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Ack! I hope you feel better soon! There's not much they can do for cracked ribs but bind them. Pain meds are like that. I work in long term care, and people with chronic pain have the same problems with them. They wear off before next dose. I cracked my tailbone once and it was like that...hurt to sit for like 3 months.

Curious girl2
12-10-2006, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
salam,

awww...habibati *hugs*. Okay, I'll switch the sobbing side off. *turns a screw on her head*
I would ask how you are but you've already said so...what was the cause of your son vomiting?

what did the doctor say about the cracked ribs? Anything they can do?

wasalam

My son is much better thanks! He has a bad cold and cough and was coughing which is what made him sick I think. Wonder why children are always worse in the night when they are ill?

The doctor gave me some painkillers but cant do anything else. They dont bind ribs anymore as it can cause pneumonia. The painkillers are helping, I just wish they last longer.

Peace CG

Curious girl2
12-10-2006, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

:ooh: i hope you get well soon ukhti...it is typical for us to get hurt...i mean we are not machines neither is our body built up of some tough substances. so it is only expected that we would hurt ourselves once in a while...i know it hurts, but ukhti think about the times when the Companions of the Prohet (saw) and the Prophet (saw) got hurt during battle...the battle of uhud where the Prophet (saw) lost his teeth...and his armour pierces through him i think :?...and i know it hurts a lot...i mean i got my teeth broken the other day playing basketball and it hurt...but i remembered the Prophet (saw) and his broken teeth and i thought this is nothing :)...

i am really sorry to hear about that...and i hope that you and your son get better soon insha'allah :)

:w:
In the grand scheme of things, there are lots of people who are worse off than me, I keep trying to bear that in mind. The worst part at the moment is that I cannot pray properly :imsad: I cant get down to prostrate properly. I'm still reciting my prayers but I cannot get down to do them properly.

I must be so clumsy! I cannot beleive I broke ribs tripping UP stairs!

Peace CG

Curious girl2
12-10-2006, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indigo
Ack! I hope you feel better soon! There's not much they can do for cracked ribs but bind them. Pain meds are like that. I work in long term care, and people with chronic pain have the same problems with them. They wear off before next dose. I cracked my tailbone once and it was like that...hurt to sit for like 3 months.
Ooooh that must have been painful! The doctor has said that it will take about 4 to 6 weeks for my ribs to heal. Cant come soon enough for me!

Peace CG

Pk_#2
12-10-2006, 01:16 PM
AsalamuAlaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Get well soon sis.

Hugz!! :p

Take care! :D All the best,

May Allah ease ur pain for you! Ameen.

Tania
12-10-2006, 03:33 PM
in how many days the ribbs will be well again :?
hugz
the husband should do something with the stairsimsad

allah-akbar
12-10-2006, 05:04 PM
aww.. i am sorry. how are you feeling now?

hope you are well now!

Aisha20
12-10-2006, 06:02 PM

aw... :( get well soon!

Hijaabi22
12-10-2006, 06:08 PM
OUUCHHH! aaaw that sounds painful, hope u recover soon inshaAllah!

(P.s. theres so many sisters out theer hu are wifes n mothers mashaAllah, its so hard 2 tell unles they mention it .lol that sounded stupid dint it. ah wel u knw wat i mean!) lol

learningislam
12-10-2006, 07:59 PM
:salamext:

Its so sad to hear this sis . May Allah swt give you health ameen.
Sis how often do you have to take pain killers?
Get well soon.. :)

:wasalamex

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Yikess!!! Hope you get well soon sis, I broke my leg a few months back and now how it feels when the pain just strikes all of a sudden when the pain killers wear of. Just one bone can restrict us from soo much and the things we woudlnt think twice about doing become super obstacles. I hope you get better soon Insha'Allah

snakelegs
12-11-2006, 03:16 AM
ribs are no fun. i just banged mine on a car door once, didn't even crack anything, and the pain lasted for weeks....esp. lying down and getting up from lying down.
so i can imagine how much worse cracked ribs would feel.
i hope you get some relief from the pain medication - you are in for some rough weeks....

Tania
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2
Ooooh that must have been painful! The doctor has said that it will take about 4 to 6 weeks for my ribs to heal. Cant come soon enough for me!

Peace CG
6 weeks imsad Its a very long time. At least have you got sick leave:? or its supposed to go to work like nothing had happened.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!