/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BOXING: Amir Khan rule the world!

England
12-10-2006, 11:59 AM
KING KHAN A BELTER!

By Fred Burcombe

AMIR KHAN celebrated his 20th birthday this weekend by landing his first professional title and beamed: "I'm so proud — I hope this will be the first of many".

It came at embarrassing cost of being sent to the canvas for the first time since leaving the amateur ranks.

But he still emerged triumphantly from his first 10-rounder and his step up to light-welterweight to win the IBF inter-continental championship against Rachid Drilzane.

Khan, now unbeaten in 10 fights, was an overwhelming 99-91 winner with all three judges in the News of the World-sponsored bout.

But the Bolton boxer was adamant he had not been floored and insisted: "That was never a count. I wasn't knocked down.

"My foot got caught in the rope and there was no punch thrown. Even the ref said ‘sorry'."

However TV pictures showed the Frenchman had landed and Khan's glove touched the canvas.

Referee Paul Thomas seemed to begin the mandatory standing eight count — and then abandoned it.

Former world champion Barry McGuigan said: "If you want to be pedantic, it was a knockdown. But Amir was nice and sensible with his punches. It was a magnificent performance against a big fella."

Olympic silver medallist Khan will be told by his harshest critics that he still has work to do on his defence and stamina.

But he hit back: "It was my first 10-rounder — I've never even done 10 rounds in a sparring session. The most I've done is eight.

"I stepped up from lightweight to fight this bigger guy and I've shown I've got the fitness, mental strength and stamina. And I can take a punch.

Caught

"If you take a shower you know you're going to get wet — and when you step in the ring you know you're going to get hit.

"Before this fight I was knocking over everyone promoter Frank Warren gave me.

"But everyone wants to see Amir Khan go the distance."

Delighted Warren added: "Amir got caught with a couple of shots but he is going the right way.

"Everyone likes him, wherever he goes — and he will now step back to lightweight.

"But I don't know whether he will be fighting for a world title this time next year."

Drilzane kept on his sun hat during the pre-fight instructions. But the Frenchman might have been better off with a crash helmet and armour for the opening exchanges.

Khan peppered him for the first six rounds with only momentary lapses, picking his punches, switching from head to body and looking calm and collected throughout.

He drilled combinations into Drilzane's head, which had his opponent rocking back and forth.

The Frenchman was trying to get into the fight for six rounds, with his best weapon a right hand — but in the seventh he opened with a whirlwind flurry and Khan went down on the deck.

Khan recovered well from the interruption to his in-control flow by banging away at his gallant opponent throughout the eighth and ninth rounds.

Drilzane, who never sat down between rounds, was still trying to bang in long and lunging rights, which was a surprise because he has never stopped a pro opponent.

Khan's work-rate — a variety of punches — had the Frenchman blinking and pawing at the bruises around his eyebrows.

But you could not fault him for his gutsy determination.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FBI
12-10-2006, 05:02 PM
:sl:

Two things wrong with this, 1. Nationalism Is Haraam 2. Boxing Is Haraam.

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Great. He's what we need (don't forget Monty)

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I was watching the match. I thought he did extremely well for his first serious match.

He need's better stamina and more strength.

Couple of time it came close for the other geezer landing a knock out blow on Khan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
12-10-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
Two things wrong with this, 1. Nationalism Is Haraam
Well if you want to go down that route, living in a non-muslim country is also haram as is purchasing from "kufars who use this money to fund killing of muslims"

2 Boxing Is Haraam.
How is male boxing haram?

As for the actual fight: Khan did what he does best: beat the crap outta people. In the frenchy's defence however, he did put up quite a fight.

FBI
12-10-2006, 05:38 PM

Visit the below link bro, Islam doesn't tolerate harm to others in the name of entertainment.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ghlight=boxing

Rabiyal
12-10-2006, 05:43 PM
^^^ it's an entertainment for others if they want it to be. For him it's his way of living!! He makes money using his strength what's wrong in that?? He's not there to amuse people, he's doing it for himself.
Who likes to get beaten up?!?!

Keltoi
12-10-2006, 05:54 PM
There has been a shift in boxing lately. The U.S. no longer dominated the sport like they once did. Wladimer Klitschko is now the heavyweight champ, the British fighter Calzaghe?...not sure of the spelling...looks great too.

FBI
12-10-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
^^^ it's an entertainment for others if they want it to be. For him it's his way of living!! He makes money using his strength what's wrong in that?? He's not there to amuse people, he's doing it for himself.
Who likes to get beaten up?!?!

• Alexander McKay (1804 - 1830) was a Scottish heavyweight bare-knuckle fighter.

• James Murray (boxer).Benny Paret

• Benny Paret
You wanna know what they have in common they all died due to injuries resulting from boxing, it's a dangerous sport, sis boxing today is entertainment doesn't matter who's prespective you take.

H4RUN
12-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Driving a car is dangerous, heck stepping outside to get a loaf of bread is dangerous.....breathe the wrong stuff and breathing is dangerous...it's his way of life....
You mention these 'fighters' yet although 1 of my all time sporting heroes Muhammad Ali is missing from there....i believe his disease 'parkinsons' was caused becuase of boxing....all those shots to the head [he still floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee:D].....the world can be a dangerous place....
As for Amir, indeed quick, just has to prove himself now, much like Naseem Hamed back in the day :D
:w:

Hijaabi22
12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
WARA MATCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LAS NYT!!! Me was glued 2 da telly, this guy is jus awesome man, luved da way he swung 4 da guy towarsd the end, lol was funny wen he tripped tho. but yah man, Amir Khan wikd :shade:

wat happedned 2 danny tho. lol

Hijaabi22
12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
one more thing, why is it that wenever a topic is raised sum1 always has to raise the issue of whetehr its halal or haraam?? i mean alls well in discussin that but open anoda thread mannnnnnn. No offence to any1

FBI
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
one more thing, why is it that wenever a topic is raised sum1 always has to raise the issue of whetehr its halal or haraam?? i mean alls well in discussin that but open anoda thread mannnnnnn. No offence to any1

Isn't the whole point of a forum to learn and debate stuff, just dropping in some knowladge :)

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2006, 06:29 PM

Isn't the whole point of a forum to learn and debate stuff, just dropping in some knowladge :)
Thats true, but know i'm infallible, and all that i post :D

Keltoi
12-10-2006, 06:31 PM
How popular was Prince Haseem Hamed in the Muslim community in Great Britain?

FBI
12-10-2006, 06:32 PM

I'd also like to add that I know 4 boxers personally, and the amount of times I heard them say man I can't do such and such a thing today, due to either a head-ache or sum cut or sumthing is countless.

H4RUN
12-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Nas was popular all over the show, you should see the amount of 'white' supporters he got.....most most probably non muslim.....and then the masses of muslim supporters aswel...

Keltoi
12-10-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Nas was popular all over the show, you should see the amount of 'white' supporters he got.....most most probably non muslim.....and then the masses of muslim supporters aswel...
oops..it was Naseem wasn't it? Haven't seen him in awhile so I don't remember his full name.

Hijaabi22
12-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Down wer I am, we alwasy used 2 go eat in this chocken place yeah, n the owner used 2personally know prince naseem hamid, he used 2 tell us his whole liffffeeeeeeeeeeee story we wud be like hello do we wna know?

Zone Maker
12-10-2006, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Driving a car is dangerous, heck stepping outside to get a loaf of bread is dangerous.....breathe the wrong stuff and breathing is dangerous...it's his way of life....
You mention these 'fighters' yet although 1 of my all time sporting heroes Muhammad Ali is missing from there....i believe his disease 'parkinsons' was caused becuase of boxing....all those shots to the head [he still floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee:D].....the world can be a dangerous place....
As for Amir, indeed quick, just has to prove himself now, much like Naseem Hamed back in the day :D

The situations you mentioned are different from boxing. Car accidents happen unintentionally and it involves something we call Quder while in boxing it's obvious that both opponents (who are completely strangers to each other) are trying to knock out the other with the intention to do so. I mean can't you see that they are striking each other intentionally yet you are comparing it with driving a car. If people use cars to crash each other (for money) I would've agreed with you but fortunately they don’t. Don’t you think that you have made a strange logic here?:? Using your logic I can do every thing that is haram and harmful. And for those who say that it is a way for living why don’t we become robbers (it causes no physical harm) many take it as an easy way of living these days. Muslims are becoming disturbingly more illogical as the time goes.:heated:

Muezzin
12-10-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
There has been a shift in boxing lately. The U.S. no longer dominated the sport like they once did. Wladimer Klitschko is now the heavyweight champ, the British fighter Calzaghe?...not sure of the spelling...looks great too.
Yeah, Calzaghe's pretty darn good.

Also, the Naseem you mentionined is 'Prince' Naseem Hamed ;) He was very popular in the Muslim community.

Amir Khan performed very well in his match last night. Drilzane went nuts in the last round though. Whoah.

It came at embarrassing cost of being sent to the canvas for the first time since leaving the amateur ranks.
Meh, it was more of a slip than anything. Technically it was a knockdown because his glove touched the floor, but he wasn't really 'sent' to the canvas. Ah well.

Rabiyal
12-10-2006, 08:36 PM

• Alexander McKay (1804 - 1830) was a Scottish heavyweight bare-knuckle fighter.

• James Murray (boxer).Benny Paret

• Benny Paret
You wanna know what they have in common they all died due to injuries resulting from boxing, it's a dangerous sport, sis boxing today is entertainment doesn't matter who's prespective you take.
Yes brother I know about their injuries, but Aamir Khan choses to play, and it's his choice who are we to judge him right?!?! Plus IF he calls him then he should know it's a death sport and he can choose to do something else. Otherwise he's going to get his share from Allah.
Rabiy

FBI
12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes brother I know about their injuries, but Aamir Khan choses to play, and it's his choice who are we to judge him right?!?! Plus IF he calls him then he should know it's a death sport and he can choose to do something else. Otherwise he's going to get his share from Allah.
Rabiy

who are we to judge him
Not Judging but advising.

Keltoi
12-10-2006, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, Calzaghe's pretty darn good.

Also, the Naseem you mentionined is 'Prince' Naseem Hamed ;) He was very popular in the Muslim community.

Amir Khan performed very well in his match last night. Drilzane went nuts in the last round though. Whoah.

Meh, it was more of a slip than anything. Technically it was a knockdown because his glove touched the floor, but he wasn't really 'sent' to the canvas. Ah well.
Well, in boxing it isn't about whether you get knocked down, it's about whether you get back up.

Rabiyal
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM

Not Judging but advising.
Do you really think he will care about our advise?!?! especially when he's making so much money.

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Skakeen

The situations you mentioned are different from boxing. Car accidents happen unintentionally and it involves something we call Quder while in boxing it's obvious that both opponents (who are completely strangers to each other) are trying to knock out the other with the intention to do so. I mean can't you see that they are striking each other intentionally yet you are comparing it with driving a car. If people use cars to crash each other (for money) I would've agreed with you but fortunately they don’t. Don’t you think that you have made a strange logic here?:? Using your logic I can do every thing that is haram and harmful. And for those who say that it is a way for living why don’t we become robbers (it causes no physical harm) many take it as an easy way of living these days. Muslims are becoming disturbingly more illogical as the time goes.:heated:

Concerning the permissability of boxing is provided here: http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...&main_cat_id=1

FBI
12-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Do you really think he will care about our advise?!?! especially when he's making so much money.
That's in our job description as muslims, that's all we have to do and is require of us.

chacha_jalebi
12-10-2006, 09:12 PM
amir khan is heavy :D and boxin is fun :p jus punchin sumone up :p lol naa it keeps you fit, and its not haram :D

amir khan is good mashallah :D but but nuttin compared to good old prince naseem :p and mike tyson :p :D:D:D

FBI
12-10-2006, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
amir khan is heavy :D and boxin is fun :p jus punchin sumone up :p lol naa it keeps you fit, and its not haram :D

amir khan is good mashallah :D but but nuttin compared to good old prince naseem :p and mike tyson :p :D:D:D

If only it was innocent as you make it out to be

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/me...tes/363957.stm read this article about boxing injuries, islam clearly prohibits self injury and putting your self in harms way for no good reason.

chacha_jalebi
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
the link dont work, so i dont have any evidence :p therefore i will continue boxin :p lol

na lol theres two ways to look @ it, like you can go outside & get gunned down by sum nex man called dave! :D theres always that possibility innit? same with boxin :D you dont know the future, only Allah (swt) does :D

imagine someone had a brain tumour, and they boxed and it got betta :p :D see we cant predict the future, only Allah (swt) knows it, like they say, live each day as its ur last :D

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
the link dont work, so i dont have any evidence :p therefore i will continue boxin :p lol
Here's one that I posted earlier and that work's. http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...&main_cat_id=1

Muezzin
12-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Well, in boxing it isn't about whether you get knocked down, it's about whether you get back up.
Oh, he got back up. It looked like he just slipped and got his foot stuck between the ropes, because in the slow motion replay, he was not hit. His glove touched the mat for about a second and then he got up. But rules are rules I guess.

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 09:50 PM
A bit clumsy. Imagine he got his nads stuck on the rope and his opponent just rains in blow after blow. Would that be counted or allowed?

Helena
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
gotta question.....

is boxing acceptable in Islam?....

erm i mean beating the heck out of someone....to become a winner?.....entertaining others?......at the end theres a winner or loser.....

plus health wise?.......is it appropriate?....... just risking ur own life to be part of this society....famous legend....

dnt have anything against him......support him all da way....

but its a serious issue....

Skillganon
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
gotta question.....

is boxing acceptable in Islam?....

erm i mean beating the heck out of someone....to become a winner?.....entertaining others?......at the end theres a winner or loser.....

plus health wise?.......is it appropriate?....... just risking ur own life to be part of this society....famous legend....

dnt have anything against him......support him all da way....

but its a serious issue....
Sister I posted a Link above, twice on this thread. check it.

Helena
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Sister I posted a Link above, twice on this thread. check it.
yeap i checked it bro.....dats wot i thought soo....

at the end its their choice.......

look at muhammad Ali or prince naseem(think so) how their lives have ended.....

Trumble
12-10-2006, 10:21 PM
look at muhammad Ali or prince naseem(think so) how their lives have ended.....
Muhammed Ali was Nation of Islam rather than a 'proper' muslim, I think.

Hijaabi22
12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
im not bein a cow but sum ppl on here, im surprised they think that ANYTHING is halal, always find sumthin or oda to make it haraam, :p :p :p

one thing Iv wondered tho, is it permissable 4 gals 2 watch these men in shorts punchin the lights outta each oda? cos im propa in2 ma amir khan n thart :D

Keltoi
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Maybe they should research and see if typing in internet "gangsta" lingo is haraam.....that was a joke.

Hijaabi22
12-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Maybe they should research and see if typing in internet "gangsta" lingo is haraam.....that was a joke.
hmmm sure surprized that aint bin mentioned b4... anyways i dunno of any1 on here hu uses gangsta lingo do u? :? :p

Helena
12-10-2006, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
im not bein a cow but sum ppl on here, im surprised they think that ANYTHING is halal, always find sumthin or oda to make it haraam, :p :p :p

one thing Iv wondered tho, is it permissable 4 gals 2 watch these men in shorts punchin the lights outta each oda? cos im propa in2 ma amir khan n thart :D
sorry to be rude sis....but wot do u mean by ur above sentence u mentioned?

as u've stated: 'sum ppl on here, im surprised they think that ANYTHING is halal, always find sumthin or oda to make it haraam',.....erm is it meant to be a joke?......well am not getting it.....

all i can say we need to help each other, guide each other from the unlawful things in islam, we need to be aware..inshAllah......need to be on the safe side.....above there....someones watching us...all our actions are being recorded...we cant hide from it...it will all be displayed on the day of judgment.....

remember there is haraam/halaal in islam...which all of us muslims need to take it in account/need to study it......

am sorry but am not directing it at u.....

H4RUN
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Muhammed Ali was Nation of Islam rather than a 'proper' muslim, I think.
Muhammad Ali was introduced to the nation of islam...'was'....He then left and joined the 'proper family'...he became a proper Muslim....a sunni muslim as it stands....
In the nation it was an on or off job, whenever Elijah Muhammad said he can practice and not practice was how it went down....Few times he was suspended from being a 'muslim' as was Malcolm X aka Malik Shahbaz....although Muhammad Ali himslef did not stop being a muslim....
so to sum it up, he was in the 'nation of islam' but now is a sunni muslim....some of the nations beliefs were a bit contradictory..
:D

Hijaabi22
12-11-2006, 11:49 AM
sorry to be rude sis....but wot do u mean by ur above sentence u mentioned?

as u've stated: 'sum ppl on here, im surprised they think that ANYTHING is halal, always find sumthin or oda to make it haraam',.....erm is it meant to be a joke?......well am not getting it.....

all i can say we need to help each other, guide each other from the unlawful things in islam, we need to be aware..inshAllah......need to be on the safe side.....above there....someones watching us...all our actions are being recorded...we cant hide from it...it will all be displayed on the day of judgment.....

remember there is haraam/halaal in islam...which all of us muslims need to take it in account/need to study it......

am sorry but am not directing it at u.....

NO WORRRRRRIEEEZZZZZZZZ SIS, was jus sayin, Course this is an issue that needs 2 be discussed but if u wanna deb8 bout whether its halal or haraam, it shud be done on another thread cos everyyyyyyy1 ends up goin off tiopic n the point of the thread is lyk totally changed. And the only reason i made dat remark was because it happensssss aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll da tymmmmmmmm esp wid my threads :rant:

Amir Khan Rox :shade:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-11-2006, 01:50 PM
:salamext:

it might be weird but i cant stop wondering as a muslim why doesnt he use his popularity for dawah, Muhammad Ali mentioned Allah swt quite a few times when he lost and stuff mashaAllaH :) in fact check this out:

before Muhammad Ali's illness:

I'm a baaaadd man!!

To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are.
Superman don't need no seat belt. [Comment to flight attendant, who replied, 'Superman don't need no airplane, either.']

"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." <--- HOW COCKY DOES THAT SOUND!!

After his illness:

Pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.

There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.

God gave me this illness to remind me that I'm not number One; he is.

Allah guided him Alhamdulillaah, May Allah forgive us if we go astray !
AMEEN !

Sis786
12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I thought the match went well but credit to the frenchman he did put a few good punches in esp in the last 2 rounds.

I think Amir is a good guy it doesnt seem he lets the fame get to this head and hes never to tough to bend over after a match and let his Amee (mom) give him a sloppy wet kiss

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 11:48 AM
i really don't like boxing

Umar001
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Well if you want to go down that route, living in a non-muslim country is also haram as is purchasing from "kufars who use this money to fund killing of muslims"

Wa Aleykum Salam Akhi,

Please provide me proof. Make another thread or re-direct me to one.

Are muslims allowed to hit other people in the face?

aamirsaab
12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

Wa Aleykum Salam Akhi,

Please provide me proof. Make another thread or re-direct me to one.
I was taking the mick out of certain people who start parading those sorts of comments to justify their stupid and illogical reasoning of keeping as far away from kafirs (and any action they perform) as possible.

Are muslims allowed to hit other people in the face?
If you've actually seen Khan's matches, the ref ends up breaking the match up before any boxer actually draws blood (well, at least in the featherweights) - this explains why he usually has such short matches that end within the first 2 or so rounds. The way I see boxing is the same way I see tae-kwon-do or karate competitions: score points via hitting your opponent. As far as the amount of damage is delt it is considerably less than you'd think, for two reasons:
* padding (boxing gloves) is used to reduce the damage to both opponents - believe me, if you punch someone, you'll hurt your own hand as much as the body part you hit.
* the ref ends the match before any real damage is dealt.

Just as a point in general: all backbiting posts will be deleted, If it pursues, thread will be locked.
Oh and another point in general: what happened to the 70 excuses rule? You know, the ones that prevent us from judging people so quickly.

Umar001
12-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Assalamu aleykum Brother :)

I was taking the mick out of certain people who start parading those sorts of comments to justify their stupid and illogical reasoning of keeping as far away from kafirs (and any action they perform) as possible.
Oh sorry, well it seemed like you were serious.

If you've actually seen Khan's matches, the ref ends up breaking the match up before any boxer actually draws blood (well, at least in the featherweights) - this explains why he usually has such short matches that end within the first 2 or so rounds. The way I see boxing is the same way I see tae-kwon-do or karate competitions: score points via hitting your opponent. As far as the amount of damage is delt it is considerably less than you'd think, for two reasons:
* padding (boxing gloves) is used to reduce the damage to both opponents - believe me, if you punch someone, you'll hurt your own hand as much as the body part you hit.
* the ref ends the match before any real damage is dealt.

Just as a point in general: all backbiting posts will be deleted, If it pursues, thread will be locked.
Oh and another point in general: what happened to the 70 excuses rule? You know, the ones that prevent us from judging people so quickly.

Just for the record I am not talking about Amir Khan, I'm just wondering about boxing in general, am guesing that your speaking in general too about the 70 escuses and so forth, coming to the point,

Is the aim in boxin to hit the oponent, especially around the head to cause a knock out? That is the main aim, some might have lesser goals and so forth of just scoring other points, but the main aim I guess everyone agrees is getting a knock out. One of the methods is hitting the face, either to get a knock out or a 'point' so if we establish that muslims are not allowed to hit in the face then it would mean it's haram, thats one small aspect.

If people want to tell me there are Muslim boxers who never aim for the face of their oponents then I'd be amazed and would love to see such statements from them, plus I'd expect a beard and proper hearcut.

But the last two are just my requests.

FBI
12-12-2006, 02:23 PM

was taking the mick out of certain people who start parading those sorts of comments to justify their stupid and illogical reasoning of keeping as far away from kafirs (and any action they perform) as possible
Instead of going off on a rant lets address the issue you qouted me on.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2006, 02:28 PM
:salamext:

its haram to slap the face let alone punch it or draw blood.

SAHIH MUSLIM

Book 032, Number 6324:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When any one of you fights with his brother, he should not slap at the face.

aamirsaab
12-12-2006, 02:33 PM

Instead of going off on a rant lets address the issue you qouted me on.
Ok, just this once. You said nationalism is haram, correct. Therefore, is not living and simultaneously supporting, via tax money, obiding by it's laws etc, a "kafir" country, a form of nationalism? Surely if you're not proud of your country (i.e the one you live in) you wouldn't support it (via living in the land and obiding by its laws) and therefore not be a nationalist. If that is the case: my parents and other relatives (infact, any muslim family that legally lives in the UK or other "kafir" country) are nationalist and according to your statement are commiting haram actions.

As you can see, that argument doesn't wash and will not wash.

FBI
12-12-2006, 02:35 PM

I was taking the mick out of certain people who start parading those sorts of comments to justify their stupid and illogical reasoning of keeping as far away from kafirs (and any action they perform) as possible
Just for the record you say my arguments are illogical, how mine are supported by islam, yours seem to be from your own reasoning, I challange you to bring islamic text to support your argument cause at the end of the day that's all that matters.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Aamirsaab bro i thought a nationalist is someone who prefers one nation over the other. By living in a nation and abiding by its laws and trying to respect its people does not make one a nationalist.

sorry if i have misunderstood, i seem to be doing a lot of that recently

FBI
12-12-2006, 02:37 PM

Ok, just this once. You said nationalism is haram, correct. Therefore, is not living and simultaneously supporting, via tax money, obiding by it's laws etc, a "kafir" country, a form of nationalism? Surely if you're not proud of your country (i.e the one you live in) you wouldn't support it (via living in the land and obiding by its laws) and therefore not be a nationalist. If that is the case: my parents and other relatives (infact, any muslim family that legally lives in the UK or other "kafir" country) are nationalist and according to your statement are commiting haram actions.

As you can see, that argument doesn't wash and will not wash.

You joking bro, hows that being nationalist, seriously bruv common, you can live here abide by it's rules and whatnot, but when you start waving the union Jack around that's when your nationalist lol :giggling:

aamirsaab
12-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Oisky. You guys are so lucky that i'm too lazy to delete these posts as off-topic.

Just for the record you say my arguments are illogical, how mine are supported by islam, yours seem to be from your own reasoning, I challange you to bring islamic text to support your argument cause at the end of the day that's all that matters.
Ok first of all this is no place to challenge anybody. Secondly, I don't need to use Islamic text to support my argument - i've just provided a suitable answer to your question that contained no hadith or quran references at all, but merely logic. The mere fact that you'll only read and listen to my statements if I use Islamic support indicates that you are not willing to accept my answer (yet you still wish to ask me questions) and that you're very narrow minded. Simultaneously, this goes against one of the many teachings of Islam which is to not be narrow minded and take all views into account (note, however this is not the same as agreeing to them). Thirdly, you misinterpreted my original post.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Aamirsaab bro i thought a nationalist is someone who prefers one nation over the other. By living in a nation and abiding by its laws and trying to respect its people does not make one a nationalist.
Yes you are correct, however the way brother FBI was in a different cotent. My point was to show that by using that logic, i.e by calling Aamir Khan a nationalist (or rather accusing him of being nationalist) is wrong.

sorry if i have misunderstood, i seem to be doing a lot of that recently
Ah don't worry about it. I gaurantee you i've probably made twice the amount of mistakes over the past few years :D

format_quote Originally Posted by F.B.I
but when you start waving the union Jack around that's when your nationalist
Flag waving doesn't seem to be a problem when Pakistan is playing cricket. Or when chicken cottage is brandishing it's newly purchases and whiter than white cross of England. Besides, waving a flag of a country is no more nationalist than physically supporting your country through monetary values - same intention, different action.

FBI
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM

Ok first of all this is no place to challenge anybody. Secondly, I don't need to use Islamic text to support my argument - i've just provided a suitable answer to your question that contained no hadith or quran references at all, but merely logic. The mere fact that you'll only read and listen to my statements if I use Islamic support indicates that you are not willing to accept my answer (yet you still wish to ask me questions) and that you're very narrow minded. Simultaneously, this goes against one of the many teachings of Islam which is to not be narrow minded and take all views into account (note, however this is not the same as agreeing to them). Thirdly, you misinterpreted my original post.
Narrow Minded I refered back to the deen in this issue instead of using my own reasoning and you call me narrow minded :rollseyes

The mere fact that you'll only read and listen to my statements if I use Islamic support indicates that you are not willing to accept my answer
I'm debating from a religious prespective what else do you expect for me to ask for.

you misinterpreted my original post
In what way?

FBI
12-12-2006, 02:55 PM

flag of a country is no more nationalist than physically supporting your country through monetary values - same intention, different action
Again you seem unable to accept the truth, Providing for your family, abiding by laws of the country and waving a flag of a nation are two diffrent things.

Umar001
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I really want to post but this is going off topic guys.

I think we've established that boxin, i.e. the 'sport' of knocking oponents out by landing blows to the body and face of the opponent, goes against the Islamic prohibition of not hitting the face.

As for nationalism I suggest someone creates another thread if need be.

FBI
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I really want to post but this is going off topic guys.

I think we've established that boxin, i.e. the 'sport' of knocking oponents out by landing blows to the body and face of the opponent, goes against the Islamic prohibition of not hitting the face.

As for nationalism I suggest someone creates another thread if need be.

I agree, hope I havn't offended anyone if so I'm sorry :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.