/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Tips: In your places

north_malaysian
12-11-2006, 07:08 AM
I hope we can share some tips when having vacation in your respected places......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
12-11-2006, 07:26 AM
PENANG ISLAND, MALAYSIA

- Peak holiday season -- DECEMBER

- avoid the traffic in City area, jetty and Penang Bridge between 5.00 PM to 8.00 PM. During that time, Muslims should perform their Asr and Maghrib prayers. If you're stuck in the traffic, you might lost your Asr and Maghrib prayer time.

- haggling for the price, at least 25%

Tania
12-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Peak holiday season -- DECEMBER: Poiana Brasov, Romania
In winter its an excellent place to practice the winter sports - sky

Traffic: very buzy in each weekend (The Bucharest road), so its better to take the train when you wish to travel there :)
Wild life: The bears are very friendly and the tourists likes to take pics with them:) - in winter they are sleeping but in the rest of the year

north_malaysian
12-12-2006, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania

WOW!!!! Feeding a bear..... that's great!!!

Are Muslims welcomed to visit Romania? Are there any "halal" food there...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-12-2006, 06:23 AM
wow....wild bear. it can be friendly??? wow....maybe nm can sponsor me to go there and feed the bear.

north_malaysian
12-12-2006, 06:33 AM
but.. what a bear doing by the street at nite?:rollseyes

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 11:37 AM
i would have to go on a holiday

Tania
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
wow....wild bear. it can be friendly??? wow....maybe nm can sponsor me to go there and feed the bear.
You are welcomed to come:) here we have some police which is kind agressive toward tourists and loco people but hopefully you will manage to feed them.

They are walking only during the night when the streets are empty and the people are sleeping because they come to eat from....garbage. :-[
Due to this new - not natural food resource their population increased :) and right now the authorities took some measures to give them food in the forest, so they are hoping the bears will not come again in town.
Here you can see them eating from the bin :-[

Tania
12-12-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
WOW!!!! Feeding a bear..... that's great!!!

Are Muslims welcomed to visit Romania? Are there any "halal" food there...
We have natural food, great kitchen, there is halal food. Near to Poiana Brasov is the Dracula castle

More muslims are living in the south east part of the country.

soulsociety
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM
:sl:

I want to go somewhere.

No visa requirements for UK people and easily available halal food...?

starfortress
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
We have natural food, great kitchen, there is halal food. Near to Poiana Brasov is the Dracula castle

More muslims are living in the south east part of the country.
Like a Walt Disney castle too lol,which castle does belong to Vlad Dracula,and where is Transylvania, trip to eastern Europe difinitely not costly as western Europe like Paris and London.

Wild bears:uuh:

p/s-Transylvania/Pensylvania lol like a sister and brother;D

syilla
12-13-2006, 12:57 AM
interesting....it really do look like an old castle.

ermm...is it haunted?

btw....can anyone post the halal restaurant at their place.....

maybe....maybe i'll go there someday InshaAllah.

north_malaysian
12-13-2006, 04:51 AM
Most of Muslims live in Constanta, right? Are they immigrants or Romanians?

Skillganon
12-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Oyeah, don't feed the bear. That is a good holiday tip.

north_malaysian
12-13-2006, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Oyeah, don't feed the bear. That is a good holiday tip.
or... dont eat the bear...:giggling:

itsme
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulsociety

I want to go somewhere.

No visa requirements for UK people and easily available halal food...?
Ok. Go to Mauritius. No visa required. Halal food available everywhere. white sandy beaches, natural parks, places where you can kite-surf or wind-surf. more commonly known as Paradise of Indian Ocean. Currently peak season. 25-34 degrees celcius.

otherwise u can go to Seychelles as well. made up of lots of small islands. very beautiful.

Tania
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Like a Walt Disney castle too lol,which castle does belong to Vlad Dracula,and where is Transylvania, trip to eastern Europe difinitely not costly as western Europe like Paris and London.

Wild bears:uuh:

p/s-Transylvania/Pensylvania lol like a sister and brother;D
The pic posted earlier is Dracula castle. During his time definetly didn't wake up nice memories for those who had some business inside. (it was a prison too) .Transylvania is in Romania, the castle is near to Poiana Brasov, the first picture posted by me. So who goes to Poiana Brasov , should visit this castle also.
The name of the castle is Bran. It seems this stairs inspired the author to write in his book about vampires :)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 03:19 PM
is there any place with a beautiful amazing waterfall with lush green scenery i can visit?

Tania
12-13-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
interesting....it really do look like an old castle.

ermm...is it haunted?

btw....can anyone post the halal restaurant at their place.....

maybe....maybe i'll go there someday InshaAllah.
I never heard about haunted castles over here. The castle was build in 1377 but he had only few chambers. It was designed to be a commercial place. Upto 1625 was build in this rectangular shape.:)

Tania
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Most of Muslims live in Constanta, right? Are they immigrants or Romanians?
Yes ,they live there. We have borned muslims, i think they are from the turkish occupation. And we have immigrants muslims. This is the mosque, the biggest from Romania, after my knowledge:

Tania
12-13-2006, 03:43 PM
or... dont eat the bear...:giggling:
We don't eat the bears. We have 5500 bears - which make us to have the largest bears population from Europe. we like the bears, we gave to bears food, left overs, sometimes honey - but mostly that they get from tourists. A restaurant from that place had a special menu for bears. But this summer our authorities became very....cenzurated....and its not allowed anymore to feed them, take pics with them and so on. The restaurant owner got only a warning or he was fined.. i don't remember to clearly. The forest keepers were asked to relocate the bears which came in town. They did it but still are few which remained in their places. :)

Tania
12-13-2006, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
is there any place with a beautiful amazing waterfall with lush green scenery i can visit?
I was here:
Padis - Romania

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
it looks a little gloomy, is there anything more bright ? :)

Tania
12-13-2006, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
it looks a little gloomy, is there anything more bright ? :)
How about this one: the waterfall is in the mountains, the green is coming from the trees

Fishman
12-13-2006, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme
Ok. Go to Mauritius. No visa required. Halal food available everywhere. white sandy beaches, natural parks, places where you can kite-surf or wind-surf. more commonly known as Paradise of Indian Ocean. Currently peak season. 25-34 degrees celcius.

otherwise u can go to Seychelles as well. made up of lots of small islands. very beautiful.
Unfortunately places like this won't exist for much longer if current CO2 emissions continue...

I want to go to Iceland, and see the mid-Atlantic ridge. Or Hawaii, which has lava lakes. But Iceland has little halal food, and I don't think the locals like Muslims very much after the Barbary Coast slave-raided the place in the 18th century. And we all know that Hawaiian beaches and hotels are stuffed with imodestly-dressed tourists in bikinis...
:w:

:w:

starfortress
12-13-2006, 07:02 PM

1,300 years Cengal Tree found in 2004

If i could be there for a picture:grumbling ,but the excact location is secret to public.Im waiting for that tree..or Redwood who knows InshaAllah..

Location-Malaysia,Terengganu State,Dungun District,Mandi Angin Mountain.
Height-65mtr
Diameter-16.75

Another giant,got from internet:giggling:

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress

1,300 years Cengal Tree found in 2004

If i could be there for a picture:grumbling ,but the excact location is secret to public.Im waiting for that tree..or Redwood who knows InshaAllah..

Location-Malaysia,Terengganu State,Dungun District,Mandi Angin Mountain.
Height-65mtr
Diameter-16.75

Another giant,got from internet:giggling:
I wonder if "Giants" live there....:uuh:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.