/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Leave no gaps...

AnonymousPoster
12-11-2006, 06:36 PM
:sl: hey well when people pray they make sure their shoulder and toes touches, my lil sis asked me why and all i could say its sunnah.
Has any1 got a better answer, cuz shes a bit confuse and so am I, i started practising recently and i dont know very much jazakallah khair.:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
eh i ddint understand that, can u clarify pweez? shoulders n toes touch? :?

The Ruler
12-11-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
i think she meant it as in when we pray in jama'ah :?...the shoulders and toes touches...

:w:

Umar001
12-11-2006, 06:59 PM
When men pray, I dont know about women, they pray so in a way that there is no gap, or so its meanto be, so shoulder to shoulder toe to toe, thats how it is meanto be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
12-11-2006, 06:59 PM
theres a hadiths which says

"fill the gaps during salaah, otherwise the shaytan tries to come in between the gaps" :D:D

so thats why they do it sista :D

Hijaabi22
12-11-2006, 07:01 PM
call me dumb or wareva but i am like so confused???

The Ruler
12-11-2006, 07:03 PM
call me dumb or wareva but i am like so confused???
ok...look you have been to a congregation before right :?...right...so when the imaam recites the iqamah, everyone shuffles and stands closer together and makes their sholder touch and also their little toe (too much detail, but hey)

The Ruler
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol...mmm...yuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

but you do get it right :)...:D:D:D:D:D

Hijaabi22
12-11-2006, 07:24 PM
yh i gerrit but i aint never seen it in practise??? i mean yh sure shoulder 2 shoulder but toe 2 toe??

ah well alls kewl. U gna tell me hu u r!

The Ruler
12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
yh i gerrit but i aint never seen it in practise??? i mean yh sure shoulder 2 shoulder but toe 2 toe??

ah well alls kewl. U gna tell me hu u r!
yes toe to toe too :)....and guess ;)...cause i aint saying it

Hijaabi22
12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
i know now

vpb
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
this is the problem with muslim cuz for everything they come up with the "why, why why why why", you know sahabs, whenever something was reveleaed and as long as they heard "Allah swt or prophet saws said so" , it was done for them, there was no more question about why. this is same thing as math, basiclly "la ilahe ilallah muhammedu resulullah" is the theorem of pitagora, and all the thoeries that come after are proved using the pitagora's theorem, so same thing is with our religion as long as you prove and believe on Allah and his prophets, there is nothing to ask why, Allah knows the wisdom for what He ordered. There are some 'why's in Islam but not for every single detail.

jazkallah

syilla
12-12-2006, 01:09 AM
:sl:

just tell her that...it is to prevent shaytan from sitting in the middle of jama'ah...

(if i'm wrong please correct me)

Dhulqarnaeen
12-12-2006, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:sl: hey well when people pray they make sure their shoulder and toes touches, my lil sis asked me why and all i could say its sunnah.
Has any1 got a better answer, cuz shes a bit confuse and so am I, i started practising recently and i dont know very much jazakallah khair.:w:
Dont you have sahih Bukhari at home bro? Every muslim must have Quran and then sahih Bukhari at home so they can have references to the problems they have.
And about this "shoulder and Toes", like Rasulullah said "shollu kamaa roaytumuuni usholli", means "pray like you see me pray". And from this hadith we know theres no differences between men and women in salah. No difference at all. ALL must do it according what Rasulullah did.
And in jamaah, men and women must make the shaff dense, cause in some hadith if its not dense then Allah will make our hearts become devided, and in another hadith its said syaiton will come between jamaah whose shaff not dense and disturb them. And then after heard the hadith, the companions touch their shoulders and their toes to the brothers beside them, right and left. (Read Bulughul Maram concern this matter by Amirul mu'minin fil hadith Al Imam Ibnu Hajar Al Athqolany).
And then Shaff started from the middle, behind the imam and then jamaah start to fill the shaff to the right side of the shaff. And if the right side full, then continue to the left side.

Dhulqarnaeen
12-12-2006, 04:14 AM
And if its only two persons salah, then theyre standing on the same row, paralel and dense.
But...rarely muslims know about sunnah in making the shaff in jamaah. My friends got stepped on his foot when he tried to dense the shaff by someone next to him :D If you try to dense the shaff and touch your feet to someone next to you, and they refuce then just touch the shoulder :D Or else Im afraid they will stepped on our foot hard. And the best is you can explain to them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.