/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Qur'an

Ar-RaYYan
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
:sl:

I have got this important question to ask you brothers and sisters. : I have got this christian friend and she starting showing interests in Islam.
So I was wondering if I was allowed to give her the holy Qur'an: I have got the Qur'an on one side and the tafseer on the other. I'm confused, some people told me that you are allowed and some said a kafir isn't allowed to touch the Qur'an.
So I would appreciate if anyone could answer my Question. Jazzakallah Khair:)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warabarakathuhu
if her intention is to know more about Islam then she can touch it the Qura'an which is in english && arabic inshallah, but she can not touch the one which is plain arabic unless she has reverted to Islam && done ablution i guess.
Allah Hu A3lim
Ma'assalama

Ar-RaYYan
12-11-2006, 08:36 PM

Jazzakallah Khair for the answer ukhti!;D
I have U got any evidence - its Not that I don't believe you , its just that I need to give the answer you gave me to the people who told me that you ain't allowed to give the Qur'an and the tafseer to a kafir and when I tell them I got this answer from a forum :heated: -they are not likely to believe the answer is true!Jazzakallah Khair

Hijrah
12-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't thnick qur'aan with any arabic is permissible unless she is clean (after all Umar Bin Al-Khattab ra touched it when he was a mushrik) otherwise plain english without arabic is good

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
:sl: sisters and brother.
hey sis, look up islam-qa.com. if you don't know it is a fatwa website. its really good. i know they have the answer you are looking for, 'cos i researched the same qn a few months back. if it don't work, let me know.

Ar-RaYYan
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
:sl: sisters and brother.
hey sis, look up islam-qa.com. if you don't know it is a fatwa website. its really good. i know they have the answer you are looking for, 'cos i researched the same qn a few months back. if it don't work, let me know.

soz sis, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for and I can't write a question on the site - how come?

Ummu Sufyaan
12-13-2006, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by proud_muslimah

soz sis, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for and I can't write a question on the site - how come?
:sl: sis.
I couldn't find the exact fatwa i found a few months ago, but here are two links to the closest thing:
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=3100&ln=eng

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=10199&ln=eng

hope that helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.