/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Qu'ran In Poetry

Umar001
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rhametulah,

If I am writing a song can I quote Qu'ran in it, or is that disliked?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
12-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Allahu A'lam bro you will have to check on the opinions of the scholars on this. But from what I can tell you now is that if the song you are writing is a song in which the lyrics are against Islam etc then it is definitely not allowed to include Qur'anic verses in such a song as it will degrade the quality of those verses. The same goes with Allahs name actually.

But as for poems such....eg. a poem which is talking about Islam and such, then it is allowed and I can bring you many examples in which scholars such as Ibn al-Qayyim used bits and pieces of Qur'an inside their poems.

Wallahu A3lam.

Umar001
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Allahu A'lam bro you will have to check on the opinions of the scholars on this. But from what I can tell you now is that if the song you are writing is a song in which the lyrics are against Islam etc then it is definitely not allowed to include Qur'anic verses in such a song as it will degrade the quality of those verses. The same goes with Allahs name actually.

But as for poems such....eg. a poem which is talking about Islam and such, then it is allowed and I can bring you man examples in which scholars such as Ibn al-Qayyim used bits and pieces of Qur'an inside their poems.

Wallahu A3lam.

This is part of the verse:

We still stressed though we know every soul shall taste death
Possest by a materialistic quest which we persue with zest
Life's a test, Wa Al-'Ākhiratu Khayrun Wa 'Abqá...

It's all good.

Mawaddah
12-12-2006, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

This is part of the verse:

We still stressed though we know every soul shall taste death
Possest by a materialistic quest which we persue with zest
Life's a test, Wa Al-'Ākhiratu Khayrun Wa 'Abqá...

It's all good.
Yes it's all good bro. No problem at all to use it like that Insha'allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
12-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Coolio thanks, I thought so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.