PDA

View Full Version : Judmental people...Grrrrrr



AnonymousPoster
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Sick of judemental people :offended: ...Why do they always think u you got a hidden agenda or somthing? cant they fix themselves up before jumping to diss others?! :heated:
I mean i just read that thing about slang...raas if i chat lyk dis and that mean i iz a slag? ...whoeva said that to a gyal [yeh notice i said GYAL] then u probably will end up getting your teef nocked out :rollseyes True say, you dont understand the violent chicks out there :rollseyes
Thats nothing though, theres bare people jus always lukin for faults in others and they always pick them out before even looking at themselves GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
annoyz me bareeezzzzz
I just need to let my anger out :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
12-12-2006, 06:23 PM
pray for them
may Allah guide us all
its not nice to judge others

wasalaam
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
maaaaaan im wiv u 10000%.. im sik of dem kinda ppl so ima ignore dem :D
Reply

anonymous
12-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Ameen, but i swer it pi55ez me off, because even if your out and about people just luk at you always trying to pick faults, :heated: cant they shut der cakeholes and luk at themselves?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 06:27 PM
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN I jus read dat thread wats wid dat man?! Im so wid ya, how da hell can u judge a person by the way they talk?! Me speaks alotta slang and me 4 one aint no slag so 2 da person hu wrote that thread UP URS :p

nah man seriously, wen sum1 judges me widout knowin nutin bout me, iit really does get2 me, its like doooooo1 dont wna know yaaa
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by anonymous
Ameen, but i swer it pi55ez me off, because even if your out and about people just luk at you always trying to pick faults, :heated: cant they shut der cakeholes and luk at themselves?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!
muahahhah nyyyyyyc1!
Reply

anonymous
12-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by -----------
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN I jus read dat thread wats wid dat man?! Im so wid ya, how da hell can u judge a person by the way they talk?! Me speaks alotta slang and me 4 one aint no slag so 2 da person hu wrote that thread UP URS :p

nah man seriously, wen sum1 judges me widout knowin nutin bout me, iit really does get2 me, its like doooooo1 dont wna know yaaa
Gal its not even about slang, its just generally
because i'm not the paranoid kind of person...infact i am but i just hide it and i hate people, minor people judging me, then they act all blessd ^o) :grumbling
take the mickkkk!
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:31 PM
it used 2 propa P me off 2 da max.. but now i juz tink dey loserz, judgin me on da way i look/speak innit :S sooo dey cnn.. 8-) go away lol.. :p
Reply

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
lol make dua?

:)

Tc peepz...well this the second time i've come across a thread like that, i've kinda cut down on text ryting that was the main focus of the other one :D

Tc AsalamuAlaykum!





imsad:offended:imsad:rollseyes:D
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
yea i know wer u cumin 4rm, Sumtyms on thos forum I feel that ppl think their superior over me coza da way they act in comaprison wid me? Its like jus cos I act all immature n dumb dont mean Im like that in reali life!... well ok dats a dumb example cos thats true, i am like that in real life muhhahaha :p but anyways, wat annoys me is wen ppl like that annon dude or dudette open threads like dat, judge others, then dont luk upon their own actions, i mean callin da sisters slags cosa da way they talk?! thats jus totally outta order man. And dat oda thread ages bak, da 1 i had a fit over, mannn bet its da same person hu opened it. ANNONYMOUS ACCOUNT SHUD BE BANNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD PPL ABUSE IT!!
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
it used 2 propa P me off 2 da max.. but now i juz tink dey loserz, judgin me on da way i look/speak innit :S sooo dey cnn.. 8-) go away lol.. :p
think u meant they cann.... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1! muahaha
Reply

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
oww hurt ma brain! wacked ma head propa,

urm...yeah sis, Anon should be banned for those who use it to...*ahem* peep people off, and use it to b.... talk about the sisters, and brothers likewise, tis not necessary!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah!
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
lollllll ^ :p

innit, usin anon 4 dt.. tut tut at dem, let dem keep mkn stupid thredz like dat 1, we aint gona change so dey wastin der tym, or mayb dey like people arguin?

and wen she/he sed da sisters especially or sumfin like dt.. she meanin sisters especially aka ME rofl :p
Reply

anonymous
12-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by -----------
yea i know wer u cumin 4rm, Sumtyms on thos forum I feel that ppl think their superior over me coza da way they act in comaprison wid me? Its like jus cos I act all immature n dumb dont mean Im like that in reali life!... well ok dats a dumb example cos thats true, i am like that in real life muhhahaha :p but anyways, wat annoys me is wen ppl like that annon dude or dudette open threads like dat, judge others, then dont luk upon their own actions, i mean callin da sisters slags cosa da way they talk?! thats jus totally outta order man. And dat oda thread ages bak, da 1 i had a fit over, mannn bet its da same person hu opened it. ANNONYMOUS ACCOUNT SHUD BE BANNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD PPL ABUSE IT!!
:uhwhat *yawns* :p BANNED? thats means people like me cant use it, you meany imsad
that was just an examplel, i meant the peeps in person. swear down when you out and ting they just try to take a friggn bullet pointed notepad of what you do, where you do it...blah blah blah...its true "well if u dont do nafn bad then they cant really annoy u right?" ..
well to an extent buh most people just manipulate things...& mosta all they act lyk they sum shareef blessd person :grumbling :grumbling & it gets you bare paranoid :@ Grrrrrzzzzzz
Reply

lolwatever
12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
Sick of judemental people :offended: ...Why do they always think u you got a hidden agenda or somthing? cant they fix themselves up before jumping to diss others?! :heated:
I mean i just read that thing about slang...raas if i chat lyk dis and that mean i iz a slag? ...whoeva said that to a gyal [yeh notice i said GYAL] then u probably will end up getting your teef nocked out :rollseyes True say, you dont understand the violent chicks out there :rollseyes
Thats nothing though, theres bare people jus always lukin for faults in others and they always pick them out before even looking at themselves GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
annoyz me bareeezzzzz
I just need to let my anger out :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling
:sl:
chill sis, maybe we're being judgemental of dat prsn :lol:.... who knows maybe they got bad taste, so wt :p i spk slang too u know :D

we shoudlnt get annoyed at dunay opinions lol....
:w:
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
das y am not :D
Reply

Sabbir_1
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Sis Asian queen no offence but is it neccessary for u to always end the words wid oooos and eeees. whats wid dat.. your the only one on this forum that does that.. seriously theres no need for it.. we understand what you trying to say so plz stop that.

and for the slang business i agree wid da anonmous person who created that thread. non on the slag bit thats was a bit too far.. but we as muslim should be representing ourselves in a good way.. there are also non muslims on this forum and none of them use slang one even started a thread complainin about the muslims using slang and in fthere is a hadith that prohibits muslim using it..i was shocked when i read that.

I know where u coming from wid da sland cuz i use it myslef bevcause its much easier to use type using slang, but dont use too much of it.. . thats all i can say about the sland..
Reply

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by khalil27
Sis Asian queen no offence but is it neccessary for u to always end the words wid oooos and eeees. whats wid dat.. your the only one on this forum that does that.. seriously theres no need for it.. we understand what you trying to say so plz stop that.

and for the slang business i agree wid da anonmous person who created that thread. non on the slag bit thats was a bit too far.. but we as muslim should be representing ourselves in a good way.. there are also non muslims on this forum and none of them use slang one even started a thread complainin about the muslims using slang and in fthere is a hadith that prohibits muslim using it..i was shocked when i read that.

I know where u coming from wid da sland cuz i use it myslef bevcause its much easier to use type using slang, but dont use too much of it.. . thats all i can say about the sland..
no*

slang*

AsalamuAlaykum bro,

Post the hadith please!

or the thread link,

jazakhala,

we're all entitled to our own opinions, let us decide what we like and what we don't, thanks :)

Tc man!
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
bcuz we spk in slang means dat we r setin a bad impresion 2 muslims? well if non muslim fink dat den dey got sum serious issues
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
and bro khalil u wer a lil harsh on sis asian.. remember she ma sissss respect yh
Reply

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
^^ aww mashaAllah sheffy :) das soo cute :wub:
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
hehehehe :giggling:
Reply

AnonymousPoster
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
I mean i just read that thing about slang...raas if i chat lyk dis and that mean i iz a slag? ...whoeva said that to a gyal [yeh notice i said GYAL] then u probably will end up getting your teef nocked out :rollseyes True say, you dont understand the violent chicks out there :rollseyes
There must be some irony here, when you are complaining about being stereotyped and in that complaint you actually fit the stereotype.

"teef nocked out", "violent chicks out there" - a gang member as well!

Imagine how the noble Prophet (peace be upon him) would speak. Would he emulate the street urchin/hip-hop/bhangra/gang/hood type speech? Would he promote the idea of talking and writing in a way that shows ignorance is cool?
Reply

Skillganon
12-12-2006, 06:57 PM
I suggest people to speak properly. People are less likely to take you seriousely when speaking slang. You can speak with your freinds but when you wan't to communicate with people speak & write properly.

You never know you might see an improvement in your spelling.
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:58 PM
let her spk da way she wntz blad.. nah i onli sed dt 2 P u off evn more.. jokes.. anyway, leave her alone man, i dnt like u mean people pikin on us.. :-\ leave uz b innit..!

if we ignorant, ignore us.. simple as :D
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
my spellin iz perfectly fine believe it or not.. thank u :-\
Reply

Umar001
12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Sometimes as a new muslim it makes me sick the way people talk about others.

It's like theres a 'us' and 'them' mentality when truly in islam we are all one, but I guess some Muslims dont know that, to me this thread only has proved to some extent that alot of us need to change ourselfs before we can even begin to raise our eye brows at others.


Edit: Oh man, actually wallahi, I love you all for the sake of Allah but some people are the excat reason why I dont want to have kids.

The whole attitude, confrontational behaviour, and the rest. May Allah save me and my kids from any sort of ignorance.
Reply

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 07:02 PM
awwk i'm sure it is sweety! hehe
Reply

anonymous
12-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
There must be some irony here, when you are complaining about being stereotyped and in that complaint you actually fit the stereotype.

"teef nocked out", "violent chicks out there" - a gang member as well!

Imagine how the noble Prophet (peace be upon him) would speak. Would he emulate the street urchin/hip-hop/bhangra/gang/hood type speech? Would he promote the idea of talking and writing in a way that shows ignorance is cool?
WHY THA HECK U STEROPTYPING FO THEN INI?!?
GETA LYF :rollseyes :grumbling
yes u got meh, i'm a gang member that goes noking peoples teef out if they kal me a slag :uhwhat
wake up smell the cofee, i waz chattn bout people in general aswel...sigh...................................
why is this turnin in2 boycotting of slang?
allow
peace outtttttt...are they tha words of sum1 that iz a 'violent' chik? :grumbling
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 07:05 PM
calin sum 1 slag iz takin da P propa bad, u crossin da limit.. man datz so unaceptable ur pathetic if u tinkn we slagz
Reply

anonymous
12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
calin sum 1 slag iz takin da P propa bad, u crossin da limit.. man datz so unaceptable ur pathetic if u tinkn we slagz
getttttttt muuuuuuuh!!!!
ah well, stoopid judgmental mentality, blaaaaaaaaaaaad they need 2 wake upppppppppppppppp n smeeeeeeeellllllll the chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai [tea] LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO

I WERNT CHATIN BOUT SLANG ONLI, I DUN FINK THIS IS GNA GET ANYWER, JUST GONA GET BOMBARED WITH SLANG H8ERZ ...ALLOW THE BEEF
THREAD CLOSEDD:rollseyes
Reply

Skillganon
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
let her spk da way she wntz blad.. nah i onli sed dt 2 P u off evn more.. jokes.. anyway, leave her alone man, i dnt like u mean people pikin on us.. :-\ leave uz b innit..!

if we ignorant, ignore us.. simple as :D
The word Blad is bit outdated and stopped using that word here in London.

Back to the point, I was giving a piece of advice to people. People can take it or leave it.
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
dont hate juz appreciate ;)
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Skillganon
The word Blad is bit outdated, we stopped using that word here in england.

Back to the point, I was giving a piece of advice to people. People can take it or leave it.

we stil use it :rollseyes we outdated den init.. let uz b
Reply

anonymous
12-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Skillganon
The word Blad is bit outdated, we stopped using that word here in england.

Back to the point, I was giving a piece of advice to people. People can take it or leave it.
YEH WELL WE JUST BEGININ 2 USE IT NOW...SUE US :rollseyes
JAZAKZ FO NASEEHAH...BYE BYE BUTTERFLY
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 07:19 PM
lol :p innit blad^
Reply

*charisma*
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
Sick of judemental people :offended: ...Why do they always think u you got a hidden agenda or somthing? cant they fix themselves up before jumping to diss others?! :heated:
I mean i just read that thing about slang...raas if i chat lyk dis and that mean i iz a slag? ...whoeva said that to a gyal [yeh notice i said GYAL] then u probably will end up getting your teef nocked out :rollseyes True say, you dont understand the violent chicks out there :rollseyes
Thats nothing though, theres bare people jus always lukin for faults in others and they always pick them out before even looking at themselves GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
annoyz me bareeezzzzz
I just need to let my anger out :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling
I don't think when we tell each other advice about slang it is because we are judging each other, nor is it it because we think we are arrogant or "too perfect" for those who can't type in proper English.

I'm not saying by using slang I'm judging you for who you are, but rather what you sound like. You're getting angry over this, but how do you think we feel everytime we have to try to read a post filled with all those unncessary letters/numbers and meanings? It sounds ridiculous.

Some of us strive to show our personalities in the posts with emoticons, colors, smileys, slang, etc, but you kill the whole purpose of getting your point across, whatever it may be. We aren't on the streets, and this is a learning environment, so why are some making it quite the opposite?

Now if some of you want our respect as fellow members (I'd give you it either way though) then why would you try to justify a point about slang using slang or advise someone on a serious issue using slang?

There are members on this board who aren't fluent in English and some members who are much older than most of you and aren't into this slang trend going on, do some of you understand how much harder some of you are making it for them just because you refuse to type properly?

This forum has a great potential in teaching everyone something and it's getting lowered because not many are able to get through the first page of a thread.

If you can't type properly because it's a habit, then break the habit; If it's because you're lazy, don't let your laziness affect the rest of us; and if its soley because "it's your choice", then don't complain about us judging you.

You know how crazy it sounds when you are trying to justify using slang over a language that everyone could equally partake in? There's more cons than pros ya ukhati.

This post is for everyone inshallah, not just the thread starter.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by anonymous
:uhwhat *yawns* :p BANNED? thats means people like me cant use it, you meany imsad
that was just an examplel, i meant the peeps in person. swear down when you out and ting they just try to take a friggn bullet pointed notepad of what you do, where you do it...blah blah blah...its true "well if u dont do nafn bad then they cant really annoy u right?" ..
well to an extent buh most people just manipulate things...& mosta all they act lyk they sum shareef blessd person :grumbling :grumbling & it gets you bare paranoid :@ Grrrrrzzzzzz
EXCUSES MOI I AINT NO MEANIE TOTALLY DA OPPOSITE :p

nah i meant sum ppl abuse it, they shudnt be allowed 2 use it. Plus I think that if any1 has gt sumat 2 say tjhat aint personal but regards this forum then cum out wid it yaselffffff initt instaeda postin as annon lol annoys da hek outta me wen i dunno hu it is, esp wen i wana batter em lol
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by khalil27
Sis Asian queen no offence but is it neccessary for u to always end the words wid oooos and eeees. whats wid dat.. your the only one on this forum that does that.. seriously theres no need for it.. we understand what you trying to say so plz stop that.
STOP BEIN JUDGEMENTAL :p

i didnt say u cudnt understand me jus ma way of expressin ma views ya gets meeee

muahahah

ok i wont

its only u hu has a prob wid dat tho :p
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
and bro khalil u wer a lil harsh on sis asian.. remember she ma sissss respect yh
;) ;)
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Skillganon
I suggest people to speak properly. People are less likely to take you seriousely when speaking slang. You can speak with your freinds but when you wan't to communicate with people speak & write properly.

You never know you might see an improvement in your spelling.
yo yo yo, u tlkin to dee officvial member of dee slang crew ya gets moiii but me also an A grde studnt, inittt, me gtza A in eng lit n A in eng lang, dnt judge ma brain on d way me writz ok, me cn spelllll btta then u

lol :p
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
let her spk da way she wntz blad.. nah i onli sed dt 2 P u off evn more.. jokes.. anyway, leave her alone man, i dnt like u mean people pikin on us.. :-\ leave uz b innit..!

if we ignorant, ignore us.. simple as :D
initttttttttttttttt lol
Reply

Sabbir_1
12-12-2006, 08:48 PM
''muahahah''

whats that supposed to mean.. i think u mean ha ha why you add the mu before it.


''its only u hu has a prob wid dat tho''

no its not only me i think its other people too. but they too afraid to say it to you.. I was brave enough to come and say this.. muhahaha.


''and bro khalil u wer a lil harsh on sis asian.. remember she ma sissss respect yh''

i dont care if she's ur sis, and i wasnt harsh to her.. what i said what was wright.. Tell your sis to stop using too much slang...

the sis here are worse than the bros in using slang.. astaghfirullah where did this come from....

May allah help us all. ameen.
Reply

Umar001
12-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Personally on this forum I think it's a matter of respect. People need to understand and remember that we are family and that there are things that annoy others and that if we can we can try to make life easier for others.

For example, I, because of where I've been brought up and because of the way I have been brought up have always used slang and if I spoke on here 'normally' as I normally would not alot of people would understand me and they would get annoyed because that is something that annoys them, so I stopped speaking like that and only do so sometimes in the right threads.

I think it's part of Islam that you make things easy for your brothers and sisters, so why not make it easy, if you know that saying something will make upset your sister or brother or that speaking in a way will upset them then would it not be better for us to not say it or for us to not speak in that way.

Anyhow, I'll leave it there, its upto the individual and how much they love their friends and community to change the way they speak or what they say so not annoy others.
Reply

AnonymousPoster
12-12-2006, 08:52 PM
:sl:

Slags, chavs, idiots behave in a certain way. Do you want to copy them?
Reply

jzcasejz
12-12-2006, 08:56 PM
^^ Well Behaviour And Your Language Is Different...As Kidz...We May Have Grown Up with Our Mates At School And Learnt Slang Off Them...And We Use It...Its Just Something That Naturally Came With Us As We Grew Up...I Understand There's A Problem About It...But Calling Someone A Slag/Idiot Just Because Of That...There's A Difference Between A Slag Talking Slang And A Normal Person Talking Slang...BIG DIFFERENCE...

Not Justifying It To Be Used On The Forum...But Im Just Saying...Know That It's Common With Them People To Speak Slang..You Can't Dub Them Chavz/Idiotz Or Whatever...A Simple "Come Again?" Or "Could You Explain What This Means Please" Would Do...

btw...thread should be closed...
Reply

*charisma*
12-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

well said ekhi, I second that.

this isn't getting anywhere, and some need to stop being selfish inshallah or not post at all.

There's a bad rep feature, i might start using it instead. Some of us need to grow up inshallah..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
xcuse me bro khalil u hav no ryt 2 speak 2 sis asian like dat, i seriously fink u shud apologize..

obviously in serious discusions i spk properly, and not in slang, but in thredz such as da games thred etc etc i dont find it necessary so in yo face :)
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
u can call me wateva u want, slag, chav, ''gangsta'' it aint gona go 2 ma hart cuz i kno, and Allah nowz dat i aint :) and can i juz ask da HATER aka anonymous person, why u postin in anon 4? what u frightened of? im sorry, but if u got sumet 2 say why dont u juz say it as u and stop abusin da anon account..

the anonymous system is 4: I am hoping this will allow people who have very sensitive issues to use this account without feeling their identity compromised.
so do u hav a feelin ur identity is compromised??? wat u scared of?
Reply

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Assalmualikum.
Ukthi don't let this get to you because ONLY Allah subhnawatallah can judge people just remember them in your du'ah that they understand.
Ma'assalama
Reply

AnonymousPoster
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
:sl:

UK's Vicky Pollards 'left behind'
Britain's teenagers risk becoming a nation of "Vicky Pollards" held back by poor verbal skills, research suggests.

And like the Little Britain character the top 20 words used, including yeah, no, but and like, account for around a third of all words, the study says.

Lancaster University's Professor Tony McEnery who conducted the research said vocabulary size was defined early on.

His study of blogs, questionnaires and speech found teenagers used half the words of average 25 to 34-year-olds.

When things are funny it is because they ring true with people
Prof McEnery

His study of a database of teenage speech suggested teenagers had vocabulary of just over 12,600 words compared with the nearly 21,400 words that the average person aged 25 to 34 uses.

Prof McEnery said in his study: "Of note when examining the word 'no' is the frequency with which the word is accompanied by the word 'but'.

"These words occur in the sequence 'but no' or 'no but' almost twice as frequently in teenage speech as it does in young adult or middle aged speech."

The sequence is particularly reminiscent of Vicky Pollard's trademark "Yeah but, no but".

"I think it was extremely well observed as most comedy often is.

"When things are funny it is because they ring true with people," said Prof McEnery who conducted the research conducted by Tesco Internet phone.

Verbal skills

But he says there is a serious point to the research, which is to highlight what he sees as the neglect of verbal communication skills in schools.

"While the school curriculum shows a strong focus on literacy, speech has been relatively neglected in the curriculum," he said.

Employers often complained that new employees were unable to answer the telephone in the formal way required of them for work and that they were also intimidated by speaking formally in meetings, the professor added.

He put this down to a lack of training and the overuse of technologies such as computer games and MP3 players.

"This trend, known as technology isolation syndrome, could lead to problems in the classroom and then later in life.

"Employers are already complaining that first jobbers are lacking basic verbal communication and it seems things could be set to get worse.

"Kids need to get talking and develop their vocabulary."

Tesco, which commissioned the report, said it was responding by launching a scheme which allows all UK comprehensive schools to interact and communicate with other schools around the country using its internet phone technology.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...on/6173441.stm

Published: 2006/12/12 18:24:06 GMT
Reply

Umar001
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
xcuse me bro khalil u hav no ryt 2 speak 2 sis asian like dat, i seriously fink u shud apologize..

obviously in serious discusions i spk properly, and not in slang, but in thredz such as da games thred etc etc i dont find it necessary so in yo face :)

Assalamu Aleykum,

Sister just for the record don't think I'm against anyone or that I'm with a group saying this or that.

I do wonder though, are you taking this thread as a sort of joke? A place to score points? Because I, personally, find this thread upsetting, when I read you say 'so in yo face' I can understand that two ways, either your joking around and well I mean this is hardly the place or your being serious and if you were then again it's not an 'us' against 'them' or a point scoring thread sister.

Maybe I've understood wrong, please correct me.

Your brother,

Eesa.
Reply

chacha_jalebi
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
well :p

typical anon lol :p always hidin :D:D

this is what i said in the slang thread, just cos someone talks in a certain way it cant make them a certain type of person, what happen to the "dont judge a book by lookin at the cover" or or "before you look at others, look at yourself"

i think most of the people that use slang here, use it in their own groups, like people they are familiar with, and if they replyin to someone they dont know they will most probably not use slang! same with a discussion, if a serious discussion is happenin, people will be serious :D

but back on topic, agreed :D we shouldnt judge anyone :D
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by khalil27
''muahahah''

whats that supposed to mean.. i think u mean ha ha why you add the mu before it.


''its only u hu has a prob wid dat tho''

no its not only me i think its other people too. but they too afraid to say it to you.. I was brave enough to come and say this.. muhahaha.


''and bro khalil u wer a lil harsh on sis asian.. remember she ma sissss respect yh''

i dont care if she's ur sis, and i wasnt harsh to her.. what i said what was wright.. Tell your sis to stop using too much slang...

the sis here are worse than the bros in using slang.. astaghfirullah where did this come from....

May allah help us all. ameen.
WAT THEEEEEE...!! WAT IS UP WIT U MAN! ILL TALK HOWEVER I LIKE IF U DNT LIKE SIMPLY DOOOOOOO 1 DONT READ MA POSTS, GO 2 YA PERSONAL PAGE N BLOK YASELF 4RM SEEIN MA MSGS, N IF ANY1 ELSE HAS A PROB WID DAT, U CAN DO DA SAME, I AINT GNA CHANGE DA WAY I TALK OR ACT JUS COSA FEW KNOBS ON HERE WAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLL IS UP WIT U MAN
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 09:12 PM
oki dt woz a lil out of order.. but so woz calin da slang people a slag :-\
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
xcuse me bro khalil u hav no ryt 2 speak 2 sis asian like dat, i seriously fink u shud apologize..

obviously in serious discusions i spk properly, and not in slang, but in thredz such as da games thred etc etc i dont find it necessary so in yo face :)
thanks sis glad theres sum decent peeps around ere
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Assalamu Aleykum,

Sister just for the record don't think I'm against anyone or that I'm with a group saying this or that.

I do wonder though, are you taking this thread as a sort of joke? A place to score points? Because I, personally, find this thread upsetting, when I read you say 'so in yo face' I can understand that two ways, either your joking around and well I mean this is hardly the place or your being serious and if you were then again it's not an 'us' against 'them' or a point scoring thread sister.

Maybe I've understood wrong, please correct me.

Your brother,

Eesa.
bro i aint tryna score any points.. why wud i? what hav i got 2 gain? :? dont mke me any more kooler dan i am.. nah joke.. ermmm, well da amount of times thredz like that 1 has been opened i cant help but find it hilarious :?
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:sl:
and ur point being...? :rollseyes

look u can try all u wnt, say wateva u want, i aint gona chnge people.. why dont U anon juz accept da fact? neither of us r gona change 4 anyone, except Allah..

like i sed:

if we ignorant.. ignore us..
Reply

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Assalmualikum,
this thread should be closed now it's not right to argue please talk in a civil manner && remember why are we fussing over little stuff? come on we are muslims so act like one inshallah :)
sis Queen cheer up Ukthi && chiilax :wub:
Ma'assalama
Reply

Umar001
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by -----------
WAT THEEEEEE...!! WAT IS UP WIT U MAN! ILL TALK HOWEVER I LIKE IF U DNT LIKE SIMPLY DOOOOOOO 1 DONT READ MA POSTS, GO 2 YA PERSONAL PAGE N BLOK YASELF 4RM SEEIN MA MSGS, N IF ANY1 ELSE HAS A PROB WID DAT, U CAN DO DA SAME, I AINT GNA CHANGE DA WAY I TALK OR ACT JUS COSA FEW KNOBS ON HERE WAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLL IS UP WIT U MAN
You see sister, do you think this is a way for a Muslimah to act? Forget what others say, I want to ask you about what you've just said, do you think it is right and a sign of taqwa for a Muslim to say "A FEW KNOBS..." or even "WAT THEEEE......" be honest with me, am your brother, am not trying to score points or nothing, but do you think you should refer to people as 'KNOBS'??


Your Brother,

Eesa.
Reply

afriend
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:sl:

Slags, chavs, idiots behave in a certain way. Do you want to copy them?
How do you expect a kid who's grown up in a NORMAL, STATE SCHOOL all their lives to NOT pick up this stuff. Just Becuase they speak like that it doesn't make them what you say they are. There are quite a few decent brothers who speak like that, but they know how to speak to their elders...They also know where to speak properly.......Even I speak like that among my friends. What are you going to do about that? It just shows that we're not so proud of our status (Being an upper class, stuck up, spoilt fool)

Stop being such a stuck up person. I take it you're extremely rich and spoilt. Go to chess clubs after school, go to a school like Dulwich college and pay over £25,000 every term. Not everybody has that sort of money.
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Certain Ppl On Ere Gta Stop Actin Like They All Flippin Dat N Luk At Themselves B4 Judgin Odas,
Reply

Hijaabi22
12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
You see sister, do you think this is a way for a Muslimah to act? Forget what others say, I want to ask you about what you've just said, do you think it is right and a sign of taqwa for a Muslim to say "A FEW KNOBS..." or even "WAT THEEEE......" be honest with me, am your brother, am not trying to score points or nothing, but do you think you should refer to people as 'KNOBS'??


Your Brother,

Eesa.
nah i dont, but then again, he asked 4 it
Reply

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Iqram
How do you expect a kid who's grown up in a NORMAL, STATE SCHOOL all their lives to NOT pick up this stuff. Just Becuase they speak like that it doesn't make them what you say they are. There are quite a few decent brothers who speak like that, but they know how to speak to their elders...They also know where to speak properly.......Even I speak like that among my friends. What are you going to do about that? It just shows that we're not so proud of our status (Being an upper class, stuck up, spoilt fool)

Stop being such a stuck up person. I take it you're extremely rich and spoilt. Go to chess clubs after school, go to a school like Dulwich college and pay over £25,000 every term. Not everybody has that sort of money.
Salam.
lol ;) this thread is a waste of time && may i say 'anon' please show us who you are :hiding: .
Ma'assalama
Reply

*charisma*
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

ok everyone chill. Let's call it a day inshallah and move on. No one was meant to judge anyone else, we just hate the slang.

Just forget it. If you don't care, then do as you please inshallah.

May Allah forgive us if we have wronged each other intentionally or unintentionally ameen.


The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy.
49:10

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah loves those who do good;-[B]3:134[/B]

We asked you all for the sake of Allah to stop. It's up to you to do it or not.

I'm through with this thread, all that needs to be said has been said inshallah.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

aamirsaab
12-12-2006, 09:20 PM
:sl:
Thread locked upon request.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2014, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 09:32 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 04:22 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 11:18 PM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 11:52 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!