/* */

PDA

View Full Version : persian language...need of the hour

rameen
12-12-2006, 07:49 PM
AOA
all iranis,help ,required regarding persian language.i need to learn it,i have a liking for it too.
SALAM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Sis I don't know if any Irani's are here.

mahdisoldier19
12-14-2006, 04:25 AM
You do not need to be iranian to speak persian. I am afghan, and i speak persian.

snakelegs
12-14-2006, 04:33 AM
is there much difference between farsi and dari?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Farsi, Dari and Tajik - what's the differences?

snakelegs
12-14-2006, 04:37 AM
http://www.farsidic.net/
handy farsi-eng. dictionary

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 04:39 AM
I love Iranian movies... they made their movies with no ending....

Angelzz
12-14-2006, 04:55 AM
LOL @ north malaysian --- i know it fustrating at times - my parents watch them for hours and im like ok what was the ending ???

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
LOL @ north malaysian --- i know it fustrating at times - my parents watch them for hours and im like ok what was the ending ???
actually, my parents and sisters .... were like... "is it finish already? what happen to that person etc?"

For me... they dont want to give endings because they give us power to determine how the ending should be ... bad endings, or good ones...:giggling:

Angelzz
12-14-2006, 05:09 AM
yep thats what my parents do --- they sit there and discuss how it was supposed to end lol.

Erundur
12-14-2006, 05:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
is there much difference between farsi and dari?
Dari is language which Afghans speak its more pure by that I mean how the Brits and the Americans speak or even Australians speak., there are similarities but farsi (Iranian) has many words and vocabulary mixed in with other languages like french. The pronounciation and stuff is a bit different.

snakelegs
12-14-2006, 06:55 AM
thanks erundur.
is dari very different from pashto - i mean, can the 2 understand each other?

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Sometime, when watching Iranian movies ... they sounded like Hindi..

Erundur
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
thanks erundur.
is dari very different from pashto - i mean, can the 2 understand each other?

No they are different, some of the words are the same but thats because when living so close together with each other both languages accept either sides version of a word and go with it. Pashto is mainly spoken in the Southern regions of Afghanistan and across the border into eastern pakistan.

Dari, Uzbeki, etc are mainly spoken towards the north, from the areas of Kabul and east to the border regions connecting to Iran and up to its border regions in the north.

Al_Imaan
12-15-2006, 04:41 AM
erundur...r u afghan or something?..u seem to know so much..

ژاله
01-20-2007, 09:01 AM
assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
sis rameen, heres a beneficial link to learn persian.........
an iranian teaches there online and his way of teaching is very beautiful,simple and interesting......
after learning just a few lessons u will be able to translate a whole para into english...:) :)
so the link is
www.easypersian.com
best wishes
wassalam

RiMa AlI
01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Sometime, when watching Iranian movies ... they sounded like Hindi..
Have u actually watched Indian filmz coz there r alwayz music of love wiv bright colour saree n itz all about love...Itz so SAD..... They shud relli chnge the genre 4 once.. It would be a great success in the movie industry...

Rainbow
08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
i watched an iranian movie "Maryam" (saint mary)
movie trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ncag7Kb1A
it is pretty good i think..

IslamistheTruth
08-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Dorud Bar Shoma!!! Chetori?? :) make some persian friends and they will help you out. inshAllah.

Rainbow
08-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Khobam. means fine i think?
Tashakkormekonam.. Thanks..
i watch iranian tv channels.. don't understand much but it is pretty good..
Persian and Turkish languages have many words in common..

IslamistheTruth
08-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I believe khobam is correct. Thank you is usually just, "Merci" or "Merci va Khoda" I know it sounds french..but it's become the norm.

IslamistheTruth
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Rosetta Stone has an excellent program you can learn from. It's expensive but I think it's worth the money.

The Shah
08-27-2007, 10:32 PM
:D :D :D

Chetori - Hello

Halet chetori - how are you

Chekar Mikoni - What are you doing

Chand Salet - How old are you

Esmet Chiyeh - whats your name

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.