/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wot dse the black mark on ppls forehead represent?

Helena
12-12-2006, 09:33 PM
:sl:

well....as u are aware of wot my question will be.....

so......wot does the mark represent?....have any idea?.....

i've seen many middle aged/old have dis mark is it due to prayer?......

any special reasons...why?......

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Assalmualikum,
i don't have one humm :confused: i think ya mean a birth mark Allah Hu A3lim
Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
:wasalamex

Try checking this thread out sister insha'Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...d-sujood.html?

chacha_jalebi
12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
it dont represent anythin its just a mark of protrastion :D

as it says in surah al fath - "you see the marks of prostration on their faces"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
united
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
in sajdah your forehead touches the ground
and over time the mark becomes permanent.

Helena
12-12-2006, 09:43 PM
okie dokie.....

jazkakillahu kairan sharing all ur views....

and bro fi sabs jazaks for the article....

subanAllah...............:)

cihad
12-13-2006, 03:03 PM
how come everybody doesnt have it *(everybody that makes salaah)
mabye some ppl rub their head on the ground?

united
12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
it takes time. it also has something to do with bone density.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Perhaps this is related? or maybe not :? :?

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.
-Surah Al-Fath Verse 29

afriend2
12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
Salaam,

:lol:

I think it's just one of those things, that not everyone gets.

Some of the men in my family have one, however I haven't seen any of my female relatives with it. Allahu Alam

Wassalam :peace:

Mawaddah
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Perhaps this is related? or maybe not :? :?

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.
-Surah Al-Fath Verse 29
I read the Tafseer of this ayah brother, and in particular this part about the marks of prostration, and it is not the dark mark that you see on some peoples faces. Ibn Hajar said that what it actually means is that when a person does alot of Ibaadah with full sincerity, then there emits from his face a 'light' which when we look at him we can see on his face the sign of a pious person.

Wallahu A3lam

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
Skin contains a pigment called melanin. That's what determines our skin/hair colour. The more the pigment the darker your skin and vice versa. It also protects against sunburn..thats why people with dark skin rarely get sunburnt.

And if I rememeber this bit correctly too, melanin is produced upon friction of the skin, hence the dark patches from prostrating. It's just the skins way of protecting itself. I think the people who get them have higher levels of pigment and may also be prostrating for a longer period. They may also have been praying for years before the mark developes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.