/* */

PDA

View Full Version : want to tell mum how i feel about islam but scared to

nicegirlaaya13
12-12-2006, 11:36 PM
hi everyone

my name is aaya and im 13 years old, my parents are catholics. they dont know how i feel about islam. want to tell mum but to scared to. can anyone help me plz! i dont know how to break it to mum. cannot tell my dad as he does not like muslims.

aaya

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Hiya sis,

well if your sure that you want to be Muslim, then you must tell them you would like to be one, you can't decide thier reactions for them sis, maybe they will be okay, well atleast your mum, maybe she wil be proud of your independance and your way of thinking as an individual, rather then being angry or mad at you, she could be quite happy and maybe even proud of you.

Instead of going alone you could take your best friend/nieghbour with you, to help you explain your thoughts on Islam with you,

Then if your Mum is happy, she can talk through with your dad (God willing)

I hope it works out for you,

All the best :)

Your in my prayers sis, don't worry too much :D

Tc of yourself xx

nicegirlaaya13
12-12-2006, 11:48 PM
thank you.

Pk_#2
12-12-2006, 11:50 PM
pleasure, also pray to God for answers, Allah answers the prayers of non-Muslims too :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nicegirlaaya13
12-12-2006, 11:54 PM
my best friend at school is called thaliyah do u think it would b ok to take her to see mum or do u think it might make it worse with her being a muslim. thaliya knows how i feel. it means so much to me. i took my shahada 4 months ago

nicegirlaaya13
12-12-2006, 11:57 PM
i promise to pray to allah to help me.

Abdul Fattah
12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Don't fight them. You defenitly don't want to get stuck inbetween a fight between your parents and Islam. When they ask these questions they are doing that because they are trying to understand what brought you to Islam despite of certain prejudgeses they have. If there's a question you don't know the answer to, don't be afraid to say: "I don't know." D
In retrospect that didn't came out exactly as I intended it to. What I meant was, when you talk about Islam only explain it, Don't try to Justify it, the more you justify it the more they will try to look for flaws. SO instead just tell them how it is and allow them to make judgements on their own.

Skillganon
12-13-2006, 12:17 AM
If you think telling anyon will cause you harm, than you don't have too until you think the time is right.

Anyway just hang in their, be patient and inshallah everything will be OK, sis.

syilla
12-13-2006, 12:52 AM
:sl:

MashaAllah...congratulations on your reversion.

Anyway...maybe you can learn from brother Fishman on how he break the news to his parents.

wassallam

nicegirlaaya13
12-13-2006, 12:55 AM
thank you. yes

aaya

nicegirlaaya13
12-13-2006, 12:56 AM
hav to go to bed now or wont get up for school

bye aaya

Daffodil
12-13-2006, 01:11 AM
salaams, breaking it to the parents is the hardest part, its like a plaster/bandaid, just pull it off strate away n ull realise it wasnt so bad.

yes there reaction might not be so gud but leave everything in the hands of allah swt, he bought u to islam n he will make it easy for u inshallah.

hidden_treasure
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nicegirlaaya13
hi everyone

my name is aaya and im 13 years old, my parents are catholics. they dont know how i feel about islam. want to tell mum but to scared to. can anyone help me plz! i dont know how to break it to mum. cannot tell my dad as he does not like muslims.

aaya
Are u muslim already? or interested in Islam? Whatever the case, you are such a sweetheart, masha allah.

I remember telling my parents when i reverted. Dads face went pale, as he thought i was gunna be a terrorist, and mum wasnt happy. I wish that i had waited just a little bit, until i had more knowledge, and also so i could compare the two religions, that of Islam, and also theirs. The reason being, that they kind of hassled me, esp. my father.

In the end, they got used to it. They thought it was something i was going through, and would soon get over it..lool..not likely!

Whatever you decide to do, may Allah make it easy for you. Also know this, that Allah tests the believers, to see who really believes. Im sure you will be fine, insha Allah.

Umar001
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I read this thread last night, I was going to post but someone phoned, I had the same exact problem, I live with my mom only and brother, my brother knew already, but it took me a year before I could tell my mom.

I wish I could tell you there's an easy way, I wish I could do it for you but I can't it can be very hard, my mum cried as if someone had just told her I had died, seeing the one that gave birth to you cry like that because of you is hard, don't be afraid to cry too, I did and am a guy lol.

Anyhow, it will in alot of cases be a difficult thing to say and do, Abraham, peace be upon him, had the same with his dad. When Abraham told his father,

When he said to his father; O my father! why do you worship what neither hears nor sees, nor does it avail you in the least, O my father! truly the knowledge has come to me which has not come to you, therefore follow me, I will guide you on a right path, O my father! serve not the Shaitan, surely the Shaitan is disobedient to the Beneficent Allah, O my father! surely I fear that a punishment from the Beneficent Allah should afflict you so that you should be a friend of the Shaitan.

We are not Prophets or Messengers but guidance has come to us also, we have had Islam told to us and we are following it and by embracing Islam we are indirectly telling our parents 'Follow me your on the wrong path' if that make sense. But look what Abraham, peace be upon him, had to deal with from his father,

He said: Rejectest thou my gods, O Abraham? If thou cease not, I shall surely stone thee. Depart from me a long while!

Stone!! Anyhow, we can take some comfort in known people before us had parents who became angry, it helped me to read this story. Don't worry, just be strong sister and keep safe and don't crumble under pressure by family to leave Islam insha'Allah.

Fishman
12-13-2006, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Anyway...maybe you can learn from brother Fishman on how he break the news to his parents.

wassallam
I got a teacher to tell them, rather than telling them directly.
:w:

zaria
12-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Salaam,

Welcome to Islam, May Allah (swt) guide you and keep you strong. Ask Allah (swt) for strenght, courage and wisdom and it will work itself out and once your parents see that this is not a faze for you and this is what you truly want, they will get better with it and except your more

The Ruler
12-13-2006, 06:53 PM

you added me onto msn...:)...i cant wait to talk to you...but do you live in the UK :?

glo
12-13-2006, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
[B]I had the same exact problem, I live with my mom only and brother, my brother knew already, but it took me a year before I could tell my mom.
Eesa, how did you manage at home for a whole year without telling your mum?
I mean, did you still go to church with her? Did you still participate in Christian festivals and celebrate your birthday?

Peace

Umar001
12-13-2006, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Eesa, how did you manage at home for a whole year without telling your mum?
I mean, did you still go to church with her? Did you still participate in Christian festivals and celebrate your birthday?

Peace
Well my little brother knew so he covered for me when I needed to pray and so on, also being at college meant that I wudnt be home alot of the time, as for church I went there, done alot of stuff, they asked me to teach some kids but I felt guilty lol, I stopped going church and told mum I didnt believe what she believed, but that was gradual anyway, and Christmas wasnt a problem just acted like a normal day, and birthday well we dont really do much for birthdays.

nicegirlaaya13
12-15-2006, 07:40 PM
yes! i do live in the uk. its friday and its 7.35 here. will wait for u.

please try to come online to help me.

aaya

nicegirlaaya13
12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
hi

its aaya again. i hav been trying so hard to find a sister group online to help me with my islam or a sister teacher online. sometimes i find is so hard to understand things when im reading about islam. could u help me plz.

salaam

netprince
12-23-2006, 11:54 PM
May Allah (SWT) make it easy for you. Inshallah your family will accept your decision, but whatever happens, always remember Allah(SWT) is very close. You have but to pray.

Curious girl2
12-24-2006, 12:03 AM
As-Salamu Alaykum

Dont worry sis, I can understand how scared you are. Our families hold so much respect and influence for us, and rightly so. If you can make your mum understand how much this means to you and how much this has changed your life then Inshallah she will understand and support you.

I go to a new Muslims class at my masjid and there is a girl there not much older than you. She is 15 and has recently reverted herself. She has had such a hard life, she is in social services care as her mum couldnt look after her. Lots of issues around alcohol and drugs etc. She is going to be fostered and I really hope a good muslim family will take her and guide her.

Peace CG

anonymous
12-24-2006, 06:54 PM
:salamext:

well you know theres a God and theres enough signs to say thats a fact and a half (no matter which pride filled man might come and say SHUT ITT) so end of the day you know that its God who created you and God alone who deserves your utmost obedience, you cant be obeying the creation when your disobeying God thats like me obeying an ant over my father, lol now thats a funny thought.

I sincerely hope you do that which feels spiritually right sis, you know the chance for heaven comes only once... just like the chance for hell :offended:

Regards

Another anonymous member

lolwatever
12-25-2006, 03:11 AM
hi everyone

aaya

all the best sis, dont worry just go ahead with it insahalh, life is full of tests, so if they're happy that's cool, if not, that's also a test 4 u and you get rewarded for beign patient and nice to them :)

all the bset!
salams

Ashley
12-27-2006, 05:39 PM
woow sis , thats soo good i was like u 2 or 3 months ago ,i wanted to be muslim bt was very scared 2 tel my mum and dad. i thought they would hate me or ne angry with me but thnak allah they didnt react as bad as i thought they would so who knows yours might not be soo badd about it either.
you know the thing that makes un-muslims hate muslims is cuz of media they here about people being blown away with boombs and they say its muslims and people get very scaredd:cry: *sighs*
sis insh allah i wil pray for you and ask god to make this easy for you:) :)

by the way is there another eidd celebration or something like da one after ramadan
i heard it but dunt kno when can any1 tel me plzzz:statisfie

glo
12-27-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashley

by the way is there another eidd celebration or something like da one after ramadan
Sometime this weekend, it seems.

Try this thread, sister:
http://www.islamicboard.com/hajj-eid...ating-eid.html

Peace :)

nicegirlaaya13
12-27-2006, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2
As-Salamu Alaykum

Dont worry sis, I can understand how scared you are. Our families hold so much respect and influence for us, and rightly so. If you can make your mum understand how much this means to you and how much this has changed your life then Inshallah she will understand and support you.

I go to a new Muslims class at my masjid and there is a girl there not much older than you. She is 15 and has recently reverted herself. She has had such a hard life, she is in social services care as her mum couldnt look after her. Lots of issues around alcohol and drugs etc. She is going to be fostered and I really hope a good muslim family will take her and guide her.

Peace CG
can we talk again please, would like to ask u more questions plz. [email ad removed - please contact the mods for more info.]

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Its Eid ul Adha sis Ashley :) Jus check out the thread Glo gave ya :)

glo
12-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Sister Ashley ... this thread is very helpful too, if you want to know more about Eid ul-Adha:
http://www.islamicboard.com/hajj-eid...about-eid.html
:)

snakelegs
12-28-2006, 12:00 AM
ashley - good to see you back! :)

Sis_ReNa
12-28-2006, 07:11 AM
salam walkaum, i know iam older. but my mother was a devote christan .. (WAS) lol .. any ways i found islam in a book store. and i ran to her and showed her the book and what they bleved in and i was all exsited like i just got a new toy from the shop or even better like i just got my life back . at frist she was like wow . this is what you have been talking about for soo long. then she started to get scard i dont know if it was stuff she was hearing on the news. but she saw how islam and Allah changed me for the good. and changed me soo much that 6 months later she became muslim. I think that you should just go for it.. tell them in islam you have to listen to your parents unless they say to you something that is aguinst islam. i know that famies can be really hard on there love ones. me and my mom have family that wont talk to us and they do they calling us up to yell at us about what other muslims do .. instead of asking questions.. but that is life. the ultimit test is what are you going to sacirfice for Allah. our personal struggle (jihad) you might find out they wont care. or its not a big deal. and they might just be like oh your going thro a phase. and that is ok too . but you shouldnt hide it. be ahonst. be stright forword. and communicate as much as possible. let them know why you are doing this. inshAllah (Allah willing) it will be fine sis. NEVER forget you have Allah. and over a BILLION sisters and brothers to be here for you when ever you NEED us.
-may Allah bless you allways and have strong deen (relgion) and iman (faith) ameen~

FollowingAlhuda
12-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Subhanna Allah,

I live in Holland and their is also a sister of 13 years old that took the Shahada 5 months ago. She named herself Also Ayaa. And she has also not yet tell here mom.

Subhanna Allah this is very beutifull.
The girl has 4 bigger brothers. 3 reverted before her to Islam (the mother knows only about them) one brother conferted to Jahova's withness. The sister is scared to say it to her mom. But her mom begins to know something (we know she feels it!) But she doesn't say it.

MAy Allah ease it for you Insha Allah

Wassalam

Dawud_uk
12-28-2006, 02:37 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

allahu akbar, (Allah is the greatest) and welcome to Islam sister.

i help out with my local branch of the new muslim project, that is in sheffield. there are branches all over the country - east london, leicester, southampton, liverpool, blackburn, manchester, leeds, sheffield and contacts in other places as well but i cant remember all of them.

all GOOD masjids (mosques) will find someone to help new muslims pray so go to them first as your local muslim community should be your first step for help and maybe they can send an imam or other elder to speak to your family?

but not all masjids are so good, some are a bit lazy in their duties and hence why there is a new muslim project in so many places so make use of them if your local muslim community cant help.

i would suggest you be prepared for the best and worst, i.e some parents are happy their kids have found peace, others are opposed, some are violently opposed and throw their kids out. my parents fell into the middle catagory and i ended up moving out to get away from all the arguing and death threats from former friends (i grew up in a very rough working class coal mining village).

so perhaps have a word with your muslim friends parents and ask them if you tell your parents and they do something stupid like kick you out will they take you in for a few days until social services can sort something out?

i would tell them though, you dont know how they are going to react and surely you want to share this beautiful gift from Allah with them? but you cant do that unless you tell them first and the longer you leave it the more they will be hurt you never told them all about it and kept it from them.

take care sister and if you need any further help from me or advice them pm my wife who is sister 'dafodil' on here.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

ps...
take it steady, dont try to run before you can work. but not too steady, dont relax so much you stop learning and stop developing as a muslim.

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever

all the best sis, dont worry just go ahead with it insahalh, life is full of tests, so if they're happy that's cool, if not, that's also a test 4 u and you get rewarded for beign patient and nice to them :)

all the bset!
salams
i am trying to be patient and i know i hav to be nice to my parents as allah wants me to be nice and good to my parents but i wish i could tell them how i feel.

i dont know if i can keep it from them much more. aaya

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 03:16 PM
woow sis , thats soo good i was like u 2 or 3 months ago ,i wanted to be muslim bt was very scared 2 tel my mum and dad. i thought they would hate me or ne angry with me but thnak allah they didnt react as bad as i thought they would so who knows yours might not be soo badd about it either.
you know the thing that makes un-muslims hate muslims is cuz of media they here about people being blown away with boombs and they say its muslims and people get very scaredd:cry: *sighs*
sis insh allah i wil pray for you and ask god to make this easy for you:) :)

ashley can we talk more about telling my mum plz

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis_ReNa
salam walkaum, i know iam older. but my mother was a devote christan .. (WAS) lol .. any ways i found islam in a book store. and i ran to her and showed her the book and what they bleved in and i was all exsited like i just got a new toy from the shop or even better like i just got my life back . at frist she was like wow . this is what you have been talking about for soo long. then she started to get scard i dont know if it was stuff she was hearing on the news. but she saw how islam and Allah changed me for the good. and changed me soo much that 6 months later she became muslim. I think that you should just go for it.. tell them in islam you have to listen to your parents unless they say to you something that is aguinst islam. i know that famies can be really hard on there love ones. me and my mom have family that wont talk to us and they do they calling us up to yell at us about what other muslims do .. instead of asking questions.. but that is life. the ultimit test is what are you going to sacirfice for Allah. our personal struggle (jihad) you might find out they wont care. or its not a big deal. and they might just be like oh your going thro a phase. and that is ok too . but you shouldnt hide it. be ahonst. be stright forword. and communicate as much as possible. let them know why you are doing this. inshAllah (Allah willing) it will be fine sis. NEVER forget you have Allah. and over a BILLION sisters and brothers to be here for you when ever you NEED us.
-may Allah bless you allways and have strong deen (relgion) and iman (faith) ameen~
sister re_na i am not going through a phase honestly. could i talk to u more about it plz! i know im only just 13 but i really want to tell my mum but not step daddy. aaya

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
Subhanna Allah,

I live in Holland and their is also a sister of 13 years old that took the Shahada 5 months ago. She named herself Also Ayaa. And she has also not yet tell here mom.

The girl has 4 bigger brothers. 3 reverted before her to Islam (the mother knows only about them) one brother conferted to Jahova's withness. The sister is scared to say it to her mom. But her mom begins to know something (we know she feels it!) But she doesn't say it.

Wassalam
do you think my mum might also hav a idea. aaya

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

allahu akbar, (Allah is the greatest) and welcome to Islam sister.

i help out with my local branch of the new muslim project, that is in sheffield. there are branches all over the country - east london, leicester, southampton, liverpool, blackburn, manchester, leeds, sheffield and contacts in other places as well but i cant remember all of them.

all GOOD masjids (mosques) will find someone to help new muslims pray so go to them first as your local muslim community should be your first step for help and maybe they can send an imam or other elder to speak to your family?

but not all masjids are so good, some are a bit lazy in their duties and hence why there is a new muslim project in so many places so make use of them if your local muslim community cant help.

i would suggest you be prepared for the best and worst, i.e some parents are happy their kids have found peace, others are opposed, some are violently opposed and throw their kids out. my parents fell into the middle catagory and i ended up moving out to get away from all the arguing and death threats from former friends (i grew up in a very rough working class coal mining village).

so perhaps have a word with your muslim friends parents and ask them if you tell your parents and they do something stupid like kick you out will they take you in for a few days until social services can sort something out?

i would tell them though, you dont know how they are going to react and surely you want to share this beautiful gift from Allah with them? but you cant do that unless you tell them first and the longer you leave it the more they will be hurt you never told them all about it and kept it from them.

take care sister and if you need any further help from me or advice them pm my wife who is sister 'dafodil' on here.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

ps...
take it steady, dont try to run before you can work. but not too steady, dont relax so much you stop learning and stop developing as a muslim.
thank you for helping me. i really do want to tell mum but not my step daddy. i dont know if i can keep it from mum much longer. could i talk to sister dafodil about it. could you ask her for me plz. aaya

Sis_ReNa
12-29-2006, 04:00 PM
sister re_na i am not going through a phase honestly. could i talk to u more about it plz! i know im only just 13 but i really want to tell my mum but not step daddy. aaya
I didnt say you were going thro a phase ... I said they might. and that is ok they can think what ever they want.. I would tell them all .. and see what happends cus its hard to live life as a lie.. pretending your something your not. and you have people muslims sisters and brothers that will be there for you if you need us

Dawud_uk
12-29-2006, 04:50 PM
thank you for helping me. i really do want to tell mum but not my step daddy. i dont know if i can keep it from mum much longer. could i talk to sister dafodil about it. could you ask her for me plz. aaya
assalaamu alaykum sister,

i have emailed my wife as at work at the moment and asked her if she is able to get in touch with you and will talk to her tonight and ask her to get in touch with you insha'allah.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis_ReNa
I didnt say you were going thro a phase ... I said they might. and that is ok they can think what ever they want.. I would tell them all .. and see what happends cus its hard to live life as a lie.. pretending your something your not. and you have people muslims sisters and brothers that will be there for you if you need us
sorry for not understanding what u meant

nicegirlaaya13
12-29-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum sister,

i have emailed my wife as at work at the moment and asked her if she is able to get in touch with you and will talk to her tonight and ask her to get in touch with you insha'allah.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
thank you. will try to get online later when mum as gone to bed. aaya!

Ashley
12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
ashley can we talk more about telling my mum plz
sis if u tell your mum she won't take it that baad ,usually dad's take it more than mum's do,anywz sis take one day when she is in a good mood and make her sit down and tel her as gently as you can about muslims.. give your mum a book of islam ask her what she things of the religion islam. dont tel her your a muslim yet. try to make her understand you and tel her that muslims arent baad like the media makes them out to be.
then after she knows this tel her about how you feel. and tel her that eveen though your a muslim that doesnt mean you wiil love her less or anything. and she will always be your mother no matter what
sis i doo hope that helped you
you will be in my prayers sis and i will ask allah to make this easy for you
insha allah your parents wont take it that baad:statisfie :) :statisfie

nicegirlaaya13
01-02-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
salaams, breaking it to the parents is the hardest part, its like a plaster/bandaid, just pull it off strate away n ull realise it wasnt so bad.

yes there reaction might not be so gud but leave everything in the hands of allah swt, he bought u to islam n he will make it easy for u inshallah.
hello sister daffodil

is it ok for me to talk to u plz. about helping me tell my mum how i feel about islam. your husband said it was ok but he would get u to talk to me but i hav not heard from you. it means so much to me. plz try to talk to me if u can.

aaya

nicegirlaaya13
01-02-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Its Eid ul Adha sis Ashley :) Jus check out the thread Glo gave ya :)

hello its aaya

can i talk to u over telling my mum how i feel about islam. want to tell mum. do u hav yahoo messenger or yahoo messenger.

aaya

- Qatada -
01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum sister aaya.

If you want, i can forward your email address to sister tayyaba but i don't think its a good idea to give it in public. So if you want, i can pass it on through PM [private message] if you give me permission.

Peace.

nicegirlaaya13
01-02-2007, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Asalaamu 'alykum sister aaya.

If you want, i can forward your email address to sister tayyaba but i don't think its a good idea to give it in public. So if you want, i can pass it on through PM [private message] if you give me permission.

Peace.
yes plz. thank u. ...

- Qatada -
01-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Okay i will pass them on inshaa'Allaah. Thankyou for your patience.

sudais1
01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
if ur very serious then read the Quran preferably ayatul Kursi make dua to Allah and ask inshaAllah all will go well

ayatul Kursi is verse 255 of al baqarah chapter 1

if u cant read Arabic then read translation

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-02-2007, 08:12 PM
got u sis aaya. JazakAllah Khair bro Fi :)

skhalid
01-02-2007, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I got a teacher to tell them, rather than telling them directly.
Congrats...I understand ur situation...and it is very hard to tell ur parents that u want to convert to Islam...so if u are scared find some1 2 help u break down the good news...or actually bad news 4 dem init?! and if they throw u out or sumfin' ur r welcum 2 cum and stay round mine...or if u ask ur frendz I'm sure dey wont mind.

nicegirlaaya13
01-03-2007, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
Congrats...I understand ur situation...and it is very hard to tell ur parents that u want to convert to Islam...so if u are scared find some1 2 help u break down the good news...or actually bad news 4 dem init?! and if they throw u out or sumfin' ur r welcum 2 cum and stay round mine...or if u ask ur frendz I'm sure dey wont mind.
if my parents do throw me out and thaliyahs mum would not let me stay with thaliyah at her house would u really let me stay with u. its daddy im really worried about he does not like muslims. aaya

nicegirlaaya13
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Subhanna Allah,

Wassalam
its aaya. can we plz talk about me telling mum about how i feel about islam.

Goku
01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Asslamu Alaikum Sister Aaya, welcome to Islam, you are now a sister in our 1.6billion family of brothers and sisters.

As for telling your parents, try to test them to see how they feel about Islam first. You said your dad doesnt like Muslims, but what about your Mum, try saying something like you were studying Islam at school and found it interesting, see her reaction.

I hope all goes well for you and your parents accept you as a Muslimah. Just remember to pray to Allah SWT and make due.

nicegirlaaya13
01-03-2007, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Asslamu Alaikum Sister Aaya, welcome to Islam, you are now a sister in our 1.6billion family of brothers and sisters.

As for telling your parents, try to test them to see how they feel about Islam first. You said your dad doesnt like Muslims, but what about your Mum, try saying something like you were studying Islam at school and found it interesting, see her reaction.

I hope all goes well for you and your parents accept you as a Muslimah. Just remember to pray to Allah SWT and make due.
thank u.

nicegirlaaya13
01-03-2007, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
its aaya can i talk 2 u plz.

syilla
01-05-2007, 05:09 AM

sis how are you?

have you told your parents yet?

wassallam

nicegirlaaya13
01-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Subhanna Allah,

Wassalam
can we talk about me telling mum how i feel about islam plz. i am thinking of giving my mum a clue at weekend.

do u hav msn messenger chat or yahoo messenger chat.

aaya

nicegirlaaya13
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum

Peace CG
can i talk to u about telling mum about how i feel about islam as i want to tell mum on saturday or sunday. do u hav msn messenger chat or yahoo messenger chat. plz try to talk to me. aaya

Daffodil
01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
asalamulaikum sis,

im really sorry for not getting back to u sooner, i was in leicester visiting my mum n the rest of the family and they dnt have the computer there, we only just got back last night.

yea of course we can chat, ill private message you my email so u can add me to ur msn or if u live local then u can come down n visit or however u wanna chat just let me know.

nicegirlaaya13
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
asalamulaikum sis,

im really sorry for not getting back to u sooner, i was in leicester visiting my mum n the rest of the family and they dnt have the computer there, we only just got back last night.

yea of course we can chat, ill private message you my email so u can add me to ur msn or if u live local then u can come down n visit or however u wanna chat just let me know.
yes! could u plz private message me ure email so i can add u. thank u. aaya!

ZAYD
01-06-2007, 05:24 PM
mashallah! welcome back to islam, may allah strengthen your iman!

Ashley
01-06-2007, 06:31 PM
hello sis hop everytink worked out for u i wil pray to allah to help you find the right path:)
dont wory about ur parents they will come round, they always doo

nicegirlaaya13
01-06-2007, 09:48 PM
hello sis hop everytink worked out for u i wil pray to allah to help you find the right path:)
dont wory about ur parents they will come round, they always doo
thank u.

nicegirlaaya13
01-06-2007, 09:52 PM
asalamulaikum sis,

so much want to talk to u as i want to tell my mum how i feel about islam. i will wait for u. its 10.49 my time at night. aaya

nicegirlaaya13
01-07-2007, 09:29 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum

Peace CG
can we talk plz in the chatroom about me tell mum how i feel about islam. aaya

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
hey sis. have u told ur mom yet?

Angel
01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
woow its been so long since i been here ansywaz sis welcome 2 islam:statisfie
and i hope ur parents accept ur decision sis i wil make dua for u
if u need help ask away we r all here to help our new dear sis in islam

Irum
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
hey...

i know this post is old..just wonderin how you told ur parents Aaya?
Im 19 n just waitin to convert coz im wonderng how to tell my parents as well...im scared coz im inbtwn college n living in UAE where im on my dads sponsorship..so ill get kicked out of here if they disown me or somethin...
Also, I'm from a Hindu family...n tht makes it alott worse cz they have a lifelong hatred for Muslims...altho we do hav manyy family frnds...

will start a new post InshaAllah...
but was just wondering what you did eventually?
Thanks
Irum

Ali.
04-08-2009, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Irum
hey...

i know this post is old..just wonderin how you told ur parents Aaya?
Im 19 n just waitin to convert coz im wonderng how to tell my parents as well...im scared coz im inbtwn college n living in UAE where im on my dads sponsorship..so ill get kicked out of here if they disown me or somethin...
Also, I'm from a Hindu family...n tht makes it alott worse cz they have a lifelong hatred for Muslims...altho we do hav manyy family frnds...

will start a new post InshaAllah...
but was just wondering what you did eventually?
Thanks
Irum
Irum,

I doubt she will reply - it has been years. Some suggestions from other members on this thread were:

• Get teachers to tell them
  • Wait a while until you feel ready

I think it'd be best if you posted a thread in this section, as that particular sub-forum is dedicated to support, or this section, if you have any questions about Islam.

Also, don't forget to use the search function on the forum as some of the questions you may have may've already been answered :).

Hope you're doing well and I wish you luck for your decision. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask - also don't forget to ask Allah for guidance. :)

Ali.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.