/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fast foods

itsme
12-13-2006, 04:14 AM
:sl:

I live in a non-Muslim country and lots of fast food providers like KFC, Debonair, Pizza hut, McDonald supposedly have a certificate from religious authorities which state that all the food they provide are halal. I would very much appreciate all your opinions on the validity of these certificates. Am not questioning the authorities but rather whether the fast foods do really abide by the conditions laid out in the certificates. I don’t if any of you have ever worked in those famous fast foods and if you can enlighten me in the matter. For example, I went into Debonair few days back and saw a certificate dated 2005 and that too obtained not from the local authorities but from Australia. Now should not these certificates be renewed each year? Can we Muslims really trust those fast foods or should we avoid them? Your views will be highly appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM
ummm we can never be 100% sure.. so I don't eat anywhere except halal takeaways... best to avoid.

I'm sure it aint hard to sacrifice a bit of tasty food for our deen.

cihad
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
you never know but its better to eat at home anyway healthier too (yummy samoosas)...

i never eat at Mac or KFC anyway coz their food is gross

i nly have the ice-creams-yum

SirDemonic
12-14-2006, 12:31 AM
I eat KFC and Maccys (Fillet o fish meal) lol

Hmmm gotta stop eating KFC? daaaamn!! :okay:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
itsme
12-14-2006, 04:16 AM
i dont eat at these places too. but i'm the only one to avoid them among my family and friends. and they keep telling me that these places are certified by the highest islamic authority of the country. still am kind of doubtful n sometimes we get into conflict and sometimes i just give in. i think i must be stronger now and avoid them.

Inshallah
12-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Ummmm if you doubht it than don't eat it because i went to a kfc once it had a halal certificate and i asked the server if the food is halal, he's like "whats halal" and i'm like nevermind. I just went to a well known halal restuarant.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.