/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We have new king!!!

north_malaysian
12-13-2006, 05:38 AM
DYMM Al Wathiqu Billah Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Ibni Almarhum Sultan Mahmud Al Muktafi Billah Shah
Picture

DYMM Sultanah Nur Zahirah
Picture

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
12-13-2006, 05:40 AM
[BANANA]DAULAT TUANKU!!! (LONG LIVE THE KING!!!)[/BANANA]

cihad
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
whatever!
i don't believe in Kings (or Queens)

Keltoi
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Are the royalty in Malaysia mostly figureheads as they are in Great Britain, or do they have more significance as far as government policy?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
12-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Can i just call him Sultan ?

FBI
12-13-2006, 06:09 PM
:sl:

Is he planning on bring in a full sharia system if not I could care less for his existence.

Bittersteel
12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I am a nationalist republican of Bangladesh.I hate monarchs.

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
what's with the cloaks?

and the fancy head gear?

format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Is he planning on bring in a full sharia system if not I could care less for his existence.
lol!:giggling:

Muezzin
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

You mean you couldn't care less for his existence. If you could care less for his existence, that means you do care for his existence, but could care less; whereas if you couldn't care less, you don't care in the first place and so it's impossible for you to care less.

Comprende? :playing:

afriend
12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You mean you couldn't care less for his existence. If you could care less for his existence, that means you do care for his existence, but could care less; whereas if you couldn't care less, you don't care in the first place and so it's impossible for you to care less.

Comprende? :playing:
Yes................

Well monarchy should be put out completely and restored with the system of Islamic Khilaafat ;)

Dawud_uk
12-13-2006, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
DYMM Al Wathiqu Billah Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Ibni Almarhum Sultan Mahmud Al Muktafi Billah Shah
Picture

Picture
you've put me in a bad mood now, i was hoping that one of the yank loving arab kings had died (pretty hard not to get an improvement in just about every case there).

hmm... nice mustashe but think someone gotta have a word with him about following the sunnah and implimenting zuhd in his life,

o yeah and not allowing people to put pics of your mrs on the net for every perve to take a look at. that is just sick.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

MuSe
12-13-2006, 11:06 PM
If he implements the Khilafa, fine by me. But then again, those pictures make me guess that this will not be the case...

Keltoi
12-13-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
you've put me in a bad mood now, i was hoping that one of the yank loving arab kings had died (pretty hard not to get an improvement in just about every case there).

hmm... nice mustashe but think someone gotta have a word with him about following the sunnah and implimenting zuhd in his life,

o yeah and not allowing people to put pics of your mrs on the net for every perve to take a look at. that is just sick.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
What exactly is there to "perv" over? The purple hat?

Ismile
12-13-2006, 11:22 PM
I dont beleive in kings or queens every one is equal to ALLAH.

MuSe
12-13-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
What exactly is there to "perv" over? The purple hat?
The beauty of a woman should not be seen by anyone but her husband. Lustful eyes are prying everywhere as Shaytaan is still lurking around.

Dawud_uk
12-13-2006, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
how can someone put themselves down as a nationalist, or indeed a republician and still a muslim at the same time?

that is just a plane old oxymoron, that is putting two words together that dont belong together and so dont make sense. its like people who claim to be a muslim communist, you cant do it.

either you are a person who submits to Allah, or you are a person to submits to shaitan and follows man made systems like nationalism or such like.

either you are a muslim who believes all to be equal except in taqwa and action, or you are a nationalist who believes some are better than others or more worthy of love or help than others simply because of colour or race.

same with republicanism... either you are a muslim who believes shariah is correct, kalafate is correct, or you are a republician who believes a man made system of government and law is better.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Muezzin
12-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Either you are going to stick to the topic, or I am going to delete the posts which are off-topic. :)

starfortress
12-13-2006, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz

Here the Sultan institution had play a major roll in Islam development,so it is not easy for us to reject that system,it was proven,when the founder Sultanate of Malacca(1402),Raja Parameswara converted from Hindu to Islam then followed by all his kingdom without any force,war and bloodshed.:)His Muslim name was Sultan Megat Iskandar Shah.

Actually Islam first exists in Malaysia since the 10th century where the Terengganu Stone Monument was found at Kuala Berang, Terengganu were the first Malay state to receive Islam on 1303 and Sultan Muzaffar Shah I (12th century) of Kedah was the first ruler to be known to convert to Islam.But the conversion of the Sultanate of Malacca to Islam is the milestone of Islamification of Malay people in Malaysia.

For me i love my king for what they have done in the past Alhamdulillah,InshaAllah all the good deeds in the future.This Sultanate matters actually is a very symbolic and emotional to us esp the Malays.And i also wonder if all this king are still in their old relegion Buddhist,Hindu and animism without converted to Islam:cry: i gues Malaysia and Philiphine will be not much different in today.So everyone,everynation throught experience and history will have their own versions about King.And this is our version about our King THANK YOU.

zanjabeela
12-14-2006, 01:00 AM
To those who do not care: If you didn't care, why did you comment? Or look at the pics?

Good luck to the new King, and inshaAllah he will be as good for his people as he can.

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Are the royalty in Malaysia mostly figureheads as they are in Great Britain
Yes...

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 03:28 AM
All ordinary people dislike the "royalties" as we believe that all human being are equal.

But, we need monarch because, they're stabilizing factor of Malaysia. The King, is the protector of Islam and Muslims.

If the monarchy system abolished, there'll be riots etc. The Nationalists and Islamists are supporters of the King. And nobody dares to oppose the King. Plus, our kings are nice... and the new one, his Sultana wears hijab.

Umar001
12-14-2006, 03:31 AM
Does he shave?

I'd like to be a king, I think.

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 04:35 AM
I dont know whether he shave or not....

He's 44, the second youngest YDPA (PAramount ruler) ever elected (we have 9 sultans, which only one elected as YDPA for 5 years term)

There's rumours that he's pro-PAS (Pan Malaysian Islamic Party)... but .. it just a rumors...

Erundur
12-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Picture

Picture

What a very very very very long name :uuh:

But hey its nice that your happy.

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 04:48 AM
yeah...

Duli Yang Maha Mulia Al Wathiqu Billah Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin Ibni Almarhum Sultan Mahmud Al Muktafi Billah Shah, DKT, DKR, DMN, SUMZ, SSMT, SPMT, DK (State of Perlis), DK (State of Johor), DKMB (Brunei), DK (State of Perak), DK (State of Negeri Sembilan), DK (State of Kedah), DK (State of Kelantan), DK (State of Selangor), SPMJ, Commandeur de la Legion D'honneur (France)

so....................... long...(including his titles);D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-14-2006, 04:59 AM
Not supposed to have one, end of story ;)

Keltoi
12-14-2006, 05:01 AM
I think figurehead monarchies are actually a good thing in many cases. There is alot of history and culture surrounding any monarchy, yes some of it isn't good, but not all bad either. As long as the monarchy isn't really a monarch, I don't see any reason to wipe that away like it didn't exist. It is an important part of the history of Great Britain, and I'm sure this monarchy is very important to the history of Malaysia.

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 05:03 AM
I think figurehead monarchies are actually a good thing in many cases. There is alot of history and culture surrounding any monarchy, yes some of it isn't good, but not all bad either. As long as the monarchy isn't really a monarch, I don't see any reason to wipe that away like it didn't exist. It is an important part of the history of Great Britain, and I'm sure this monarchy is very important to the history of Malaysia.
Of course the monarchs are important... the Malays never live without a king.... they're used fo having kings.

syilla
12-14-2006, 05:09 AM
Muslim monarch ruling under the terms of shariah
The title carries moral weight and religious authority, as the ruler's role was defined in the Qur'an. The Sultan however was not a religious teacher himself.

The first to carry the title of 'Sultan' was the Turkmen chief Mahmud of Ghazni (ruled 998 - 1030). Later, 'Sultan' became the usual title of rulers of Seljuk and Ottoman Turks and Ayyubid and Mamluk rulers in Egypt. In the later stages Sultan was used mostly for the wives of the emperor. The spiritual validation of the title was well illustrated by the fact that it was the shadow Caliph in Cairo that bestowed the title "Sultan" on Murad I, the third ruler of the emerging Ottoman Empire in 1383; its earlier leaders had been Beys or Emirs.

At later stages, lesser rulers assumed the style "sultan", as was the case for the earlier leaders of today's royal family of Morocco. Today, only the Sultan of Oman, the Sultan of Brunei, and some titular sultans in the southern Philippines, Java, and in the former Malay States which are now part of Malaysia still use the title. The sultan's domain is properly called a sultanate. A feminine form, used by Westerners, is Sultana or Sultanah; the very styling misconstrues the roles of wives of sultans. In a similar usage, the wife of a German Field-Marshal might be styled Feldmarschallin (in French, similar constructions of the type madame la maréchalle are quite common).

Among those modern hereditary rulers who wish to emphasize their secular authority under the rule of law, the term is gradually being replaced by 'king'.
some info i got it from wiki. please correct it if its wrong...

btw....how old is the King. He looks so young.

Skillganon
12-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Sister, it's your countries King.

I wish them the best.

syilla
12-14-2006, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Sister, it's your countries King.

I wish them the best.
yeah i know....sorry :hiding:

but maybe nm can teach me more about him... :hiding:

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
some info i got it from wiki. please correct it if its wrong...

btw....how old is the King. He looks so young.
He's 44 years old....

i_m_tipu
12-14-2006, 06:47 AM
how can someone put themselves down as a nationalist, or indeed a republician and still a muslim at the same time?

that is just a plane old oxymoron, that is putting two words together that dont belong together and so dont make sense. its like people who claim to be a muslim communist, you cant do it.

like nationalism or such like.

either you are a muslim who believes all to be equal except in taqwa and action, or you are a nationalist who believes some are better than others or more worthy of love or help than others simply because of colour or race.
either you are a person who submits to Allah, or you are a person to submits to shaitan and follows man made systems
same with republicanism... either you are a muslim who believes shariah is correct, kalafate is correct, or you are a republician who believes a man made system of government and law is better.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Good Ans MasAllaah..

either we submits to Allah, or we are submits to shaitan.

one simple thing people must understand. All man and woman is equal. All are the same creation of Allaah (SWT).
so how come a man ruled others and himself by his or other man made thought where his creator gave clear indication.

We all say in every where Allaahu Akbar. (Allaah is most great)
Non muslim also say God is almighty/all powerful.

but in action we do exactly opposite and create other things most great/GOD (ILAAH).

We must not forget Allaah (God) never forgive shirk (creating partner beside Allaah).

None has the right to be worship beside Allaah (GOD).

May Allaah guide us.

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
Good Ans MasAllaah..

either we submits to Allah, or we are submits to shaitan.

one simple thing people must understand. All man and woman is equal. All are the same creation of Allaah (SWT).
so how come a man ruled others and himself by his or other man made thought where his creator gave clear indication.

We all say in every where Allaahu Akbar. (Allaah is most great)
Non muslim also say God is almighty/all powerful.

but in action we do exactly opposite and create other things most great/GOD (ILAAH).

We must not forget Allaah (God) never forgive shirk (creating partner beside Allaah).

None has the right to be worship beside Allaah (GOD).

May Allaah guide us.
So when David and Solomon became Kings .. they're not rightful?

i_m_tipu
12-14-2006, 07:33 AM
So when David and Solomon became Kings .. they're not rightful?
don't understand why you ask this question.

David and Solomon run by the law of Allaah(God). and Allaah make them established in that way(like kingship).

kingship is a system like khalifa.
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said only khalifa is his Suceesors.
so Allaah make us (Ummat of Muhammad (pbuh)) established in khalifa system.

it does not matter if he is a king or kalifah or imam or a simple general person not obey the law of Allaah or implement it intentionally can not call himself Muslim.

Inshallah
12-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Don't believe in kings or queens, just rubish. One man's say shouldn't be the law.

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
One man's say shouldn't be the law.
Not, our kings.

King just the head of the state, patron of Malays and Muslims. Just that.

We have parliament, and the most influential and powerful person in Malaysia, is actually the Prime Minister

starfortress
12-14-2006, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
Don't believe in kings or queens, just rubish. One man's say shouldn't be the law.
ermmm it's up to you akhii:thankyou:

So everybody,everynation throught experience and history will have their own versions about King.And this is our version about our King THANK YOU.

Inshallah
12-14-2006, 07:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
ermmm it's up to you akhii:thankyou:
Your def. right it is upto me but i am right just to let you know.

P.S. I got a pair of rayban's there nice

north_malaysian
12-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Not all kings are bad... David was a good king, so did Solomon and Cyrus...

AHMED_GUREY
12-14-2006, 09:22 AM
If a Sultan has a positive role in society like being a unifying factor or a upholder of important values of the society in question i don't see the harm of it

congradulations to Malaysia!:)

north_malaysian
12-15-2006, 08:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
If a Sultan has a positive role in society like being a unifying factor or a upholder of important values of the society in question i don't see the harm of it

congradulations to Malaysia!:)
Thanks... plus our queen, is the second queen who officially wears hijab.

blackwhite
12-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Assalam-u-alaikum, I am Abdul mohsin bin Muhammad Ashfaq bin Muhammad Mustafa,Iam an Indian,I have a question for you ,Is your king Pure Muslim,i mean is he a good muslim, does he pray five times a day?Reply me at sabdulmohsin@gmail.com or blackwhite@islamboard.com

north_malaysian
12-15-2006, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by blackwhite
Assalam-u-alaikum, I am Abdul mohsin bin Muhammad Ashfaq bin Muhammad Mustafa,Iam an Indian,I have a question for you ,Is your king Pure Muslim,i mean is he a good muslim, does he pray five times a day?Reply me at sabdulmohsin@gmail.com or blackwhite@islamboard.com
He's pure Muslim, practising Muslim.

He's ancestors Sultan Zainal Abidin was the most Islamic Malay Sultan...

Dawud_uk
12-15-2006, 12:12 PM
He's pure Muslim, practising Muslim.

He's ancestors Sultan Zainal Abidin was the most Islamic Malay Sultan...
assalaamu alaykum,

and the rafadiyyah imams claim their decent back to the best of creation, Rasoolullah saws so what does that matter?

look if he ruled by shariah, i would support him. if he doesnt then i would never support him. it really is that simple.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

IbnAbdulHakim
12-15-2006, 12:19 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

and the rafadiyyah imams claim their decent back to the best of creation, Rasoolullah saws so what does that matter?

look if he ruled by shariah, i would support him. if he doesnt then i would never support him. it really is that simple.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
:salamext:

but if you was under his rule you would obey every halal order he gives right?

Dawud_uk
12-15-2006, 08:12 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

if he was the emir, then yes i would respect him and obey all the halal orders as long as they dont contradict the orders of emir al mumineen also.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

SilentObserver
12-16-2006, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ismile
I dont beleive in kings or queens every one is equal to ALLAH.
Everyone is equal to Allah?! We are all god's?!

Skillganon
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
OK bro's let's not fight over stupid thing's like kings. LOL.

I am being seriouse. I do not love my Muslim malay brother because he is a malay or he has a king.(LoL) It is because he is a muslim, that goes for even for the King. Soon as people realise that the better.

We at this moment has to start off somewhere and this will not be achieved by distancing ourselve from everyone (because of certain issues.)

Skillganon
12-16-2006, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
Nah we are not all gods. Their are no god, (goddeses/gods) but Allah, and muhammad is his messenger.

Sweetness
12-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I hope your king is well.

Muslim Knight
12-16-2006, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
He should rephrase that sentence so that it becomes;

Everyone is equal before Allah.

Tania
12-16-2006, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuSe
If he implements the Khilafa, fine by me. But then again, those pictures make me guess that this will not be the case...
I wish for the malaysian people to have a good king, with a great sense of politics and justice which keep on good path Malaysia. Wisdom in every action.:) Under a good kind the nation can prosper.

His wife is well dressed so i really don't understand why this comment:uuh: And she must be elegant because she represents the country. I don't like her crown - she could have another one, more elegant than this.

starfortress
12-16-2006, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I wish for the malaysian people to have a good king, with a great sense of politics and justice which keep on good path Malaysia. Wisdom in every action.:) Under a good kind the nation can prosper.

His wife is well dressed so i really don't understand why this comment:uuh: And she must be elegant because she represents the country. I don't like her crown - she could have another one, more elegant than this.
Actually that's not her crown,i guess the hat including her dress were use when she was rewarded with a doctorate in management degree.

Tania
12-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Actually that's not her crown,i guess the hat including her dress were use when she was rewarded with a doctorate in management degree.
So her message would be: every woman should learn to become like me:? I thought its her crown, because the king has one - right:? The yellow hat is a crown!

starfortress
12-16-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
So her message would be: every woman should learn to become like me:? I thought its her crown, because the king has one - right:? The yellow hat is a crown!
It's Tengkolok,a Malay traditional head wears as far as i know.

Tengkolok Diraja/The Royal Headgear

Gendik Diraja/Royal Tiara

Tania
12-16-2006, 03:41 PM

Gendik Diraja/Royal Tiara
I like it. That should she wear it :)
Anyhow she must be elegant because she is a model for the young people.

north_malaysian
12-18-2006, 03:48 AM
I dont know about royal tiara, whethe it's hereditary from previous queens, or it's specialised to her...

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 04:07 AM
Hey, do you think if I visit Malaysia, I can visit the King?. I mean not just see him, but get to talk to him personally.

I got of plenty of Bahasa Malay I wan't to try out on him.

north_malaysian
12-18-2006, 05:38 AM
Hey, do you think if I visit Malaysia, I can visit the King?. I mean not just see him, but get to talk to him personally.

I got of plenty of Bahasa Malay I wan't to try out on him.
I dont think so.... he's like Queen Elizabeth II, lots of protocols... we can only see them waving ... but you can shake hand with them when they went to the mosque, but lots of people want to do it.... good luck.

Dawud_uk
12-18-2006, 09:04 PM
I dont think so.... he's like Queen Elizabeth II, lots of protocols... we can only see them waving ... but you can shake hand with them when they went to the mosque, but lots of people want to do it.... good luck.
why would it be good luck? what sort of superstitious stuff is all that?

also the rightly guided kalifs were right there, the people could go up and talk to him. sorry bruv but i am liking this guy less already. ok he might be better than some of the other kings you guys have had but still...

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Brother Dawud. COme on Malaysian are good people, and they are getting there. It might not be perfect like all the other Islamic state, but we got good pious muslim their.

Keltoi
12-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Brother Dawud. COme on Malaysian are good people, and they are getting there. It might not be perfect like all the other Islamic state, but we got good pious muslim their.
"It may not be perfect like all the other Islamic state"...what exactly does that mean? Are you suggesting there is a perfect Islamic state in existence?

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
No.

It's not perfect like all the other ones.

Keltoi
12-19-2006, 12:00 AM
No.

It's not perfect like all the other ones.
Oh, I get it. Sorry,read the sentence the wrong way.

syilla
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
why would it be good luck? what sort of superstitious stuff is all that?

also the rightly guided kalifs were right there, the people could go up and talk to him. sorry bruv but i am liking this guy less already. ok he might be better than some of the other kings you guys have had but still...
i think you misunderstood him...

i think all he wants to say is good luck to brother skillganon on trying to shake hands with the royalty...

i'm prety sure thats what he meant.

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 05:35 AM
why would it be good luck? what sort of superstitious stuff is all that?...
You misuderstood the statement...

I've said "Good Luck!" to skillganon as he want to meet the King personally.... people dont shake hand with king to have good luck....:giggling:

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 05:37 AM
i think you misunderstood him...

i think all he wants to say is good luck to brother skillganon on trying to shake hands with the royalty...

i'm prety sure thats what he meant.
yupp!!!

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Theri you go. It's a miss understanding.

How tall is the King?

Maybe I will be able to look down on him.

myaspires
12-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Does KING symbolises an Islamic nation?

A nation can be Islamic with or without KINGs don't you think so?

And with the long names and over-praising titles of a king...
and with all those title and symbols and praises given to the KING...
it is as if the praises and titles to GOD has been mild down and challenge...

Is this an irony?

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 05:51 AM
Theri you go. It's a miss understanding.

How tall is the King?

Maybe I will be able to look down on him.
:? I dont know...

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by myaspires
Does KING symbolises an Islamic nation?
Malaysia is not an Islamic nation... it is a Muslim-majority nation.

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Malaysia is not an Islamic nation... it is a Muslim-majority nation.
I think you should explained that in the biginning.

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 06:06 AM
I think you should explained that in the biginning.
well.... according to the census 60.4% are Muslims, but in Parliament it's only 50% Muslims - thus, how to be an Islamic country?

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 06:13 AM
well.... according to the census 60.4% are Muslims, but in Parliament it's only 50% Muslims - thus, how to be an Islamic country?
I know. I did a little research on Malaysia. As Jonothan Ross will say "Don't Wowwy" :shade:

syilla
12-19-2006, 06:23 AM
that is why for the muslims....is a secular country but the for non-muslims thats not enough...they want more secularism

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 07:16 AM
that is why for the muslims....is a secular country but the for non-muslims thats not enough...they want more secularism
But there are some maniacs calling this country an "Islamic" country... they're making both Muslims and non-Muslims confused...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.