/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A parable - straying servant

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
The Straying Servant

A person who is concerned for himself is like a servant whose master has dispatched him on a mission. The master has sent him to some land that the master owns in order to procure some cloth there for him. When the servant arrives in that place, he begins to say to himself, "Where will I reside? Whom will I marry?" He gets preoccupied with these questions, expending all his energy on anxiety about these concerns until he is delinquent in executing the commands for which his master had sent him. When his master calls on him, his reward from the master will be that the master cuts him off and seperates himself from the servant, since he was totally preoccupied by his own affairs rather than observing the perogatives and rights of his master.

So it is with you my fellow believer. The true One has dispatched you to this world and commanded you to serve in it faithfully, and has undertaken to support and sustain your existence contingent on your service. If you beome engrossed in worrying about your own concerns for yourself and neglect the rights held over you by your master, then you have turned aside from the path of right guidance and slid down the low road to ruin.

Ibn' Ata' Allah Al-Iskandari's Kitab al-Tanwir fi Isqat al-Tadbir;

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-25-2007, 04:04 PM
May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) guide us to the straight path and keep us there.

Ameen (say Ameen)

JazakAllah khair, akhi.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Ameen, nice sign ! lets hope shaytaan doesnt come round and TURN IT ARUOND MAKIN THE WRONG PATH LOOK RIGHT !

chaste
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
yeh i hope he doesn't. n i hope we stay on the right path

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-25-2007, 07:16 PM
:sl:

JazakAllah Khair for the share brother ^^
Ameen to the Du'as.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.