/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any married brothers here?

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 11:12 AM
:sl:

:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
:salamext:

its better if you direct your question at the married brothers and they can reply as anonymous inshaAllah.

FBI
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM

There's bound to be a few.

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Why not ask your question in the brothers section.. asking here may provoke sisters to reply.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 11:19 AM

Ok well... Did you feel before marriage that you may need more than one wife?

Also did you feel 100% certain about your wife, before marrying her?

How long have you been married?

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 11:36 AM
On second thought.. wouldn't it be better to speak to brothers u know personally.. or an older relative? May even the imaam at the local mosque.

getting help here is like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I think you maybe right... But I want to ask anonymously too.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 11:46 AM
muslimah sister i completely 150% disagree, i think the brother can benefit from the married brothers responces inshaAllah. Lets try keep this a brothers only thread if it bothers sisters. I would say move it to the brothers section but i honestly think this brother doesnt have access.

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
I am right! it's stuff like this that really peeves me off... when u join the forum, you're welcomed like a long lost relative... then suddenly you're on your own.. that's why I've stopped welcoming ppl.. they'll only feel disheartened later.

you're better off ringing ur local mosque and speakin to the imaam.. you'll still be anonymous that way.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 11:49 AM
muslimah sis you dont understand how embarassing it can be, let the brother have some insight stop hammering him !!

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
muslimah sister i completely 150% disagree, i think the brother can benefit from the married brothers responces inshaAllah. Lets try keep this a brothers only thread if it bothers sisters. I would say move it to the brothers section but i honestly think this brother doesnt have access.
I can't help it... Anon bro has been banging his head here for questions in the other thread too. So far not one single married brother has replied. It'd be a miracle if someone does. I still think he'd be better off asking someone he knows personally. And you could be right, the bro may not have access to the bros section, but they have access here right? The only thing that bothers me is that I can't answer the bro's question cuz I'm not a bro.

soulsociety
12-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry, not married.

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
muslimah sis you dont understand how embarassing it can be, let the brother have some insight stop hammering him !!
I'm not hammering the bro.. He wants help but no one is bothering. I want someone to help him cuz I can't. I feel sorry for him.

the bro's post on the other thread..
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I can't help much if I am a buyer, it's the consumer society and all the choice that's thrown in our faces!

She does like me, basically everything was going to go ahead until my parents said are you 100% and I said "no 50/50 and but after marriage everything would be ok" - basically I was taking a "leap of faith". Then things were broken off and she was very upset, in tears and cried all day.

Are there any married people here?
how many times does the poor guy have to ask?

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Just feeling really down now :cry: I am listening to Quran on the commute and at work use one of those anti-depressant lights/day light simulator.:giggling:

Even at home I feel lonely. Can't really talk to mum. My brother has his uni/friends. My friends can't be around more than a few hours a week. I'm dreading the Christmas holidays... I just want to sleep and not wake up till summer imsad

IbnAbdulHakim
12-13-2006, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
Just feeling really down now :cry: I am listening to Quran on the commute and at work use one of those anti-depressant lights/day light simulator.:giggling:

Even at home I feel lonely. Can't really talk to mum. My brother has his uni/friends. My friends can't be around more than a few hours a week. I'm dreading the Christmas holidays... I just want to sleep and not wake up till summer imsad
sorry akhee, i would answer you but im not married. inshaAllah a married brother will answer shortly.

Muslimah_sis - forgive me, i see your intentions were good.

Ismahaan
12-13-2006, 12:00 PM
What is the big deal about him asking what he wants to anonymously? We are all anonymous on this forum if you think about it. For example, what difference would posting under "Anonymous" instead of Ismahaan make? At the end of the day I'm anon. to everyone on here because nobody knows me personally. I'm just an internet persona to you.

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
well at least the daylight simulator is makin u laugh lol. Looks like ur suffering from SAD (seasonal affective disorder). Maybe you could prolong the period of using the lightbox. Or move to sunnier climates. :X

Why don't u jus pick up the phone..ring the imam and say you're worry about blah blah blah..... I bet ya, he'll put ur mind at rest.. take my advice..it usually works lol.

Ismahaan
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Talking to the imam would be a very good idea. Sometimes all you need is the opinion of one very reliable and knowledgeable person. May Allah help you.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-13-2006, 12:08 PM

:w:

Does one have to be married to answer those questions?? because I think brother before they are married would have same answers when they are married.

I'm not married but i'll answer them anyway I dont feel I need more then one wife unless a problem/issue arises and it would be more benficial to get married again.

I think there will always be an element of doubt in the back of my mind but can anyone ever be 100% sure how the marriage will go???no

I have been married exactly 0 days.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the sisters were to answer the questions aswell? I think it would provide a better insight.

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Muslimah_sis - forgive me, i see your intentions were good.
lol it's ok bro.. misunderstandings happen.. it's cool.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ismahaan
What is the big deal about him asking what he wants to anonymously? We are all anonymous on this forum if you think about it. For example, what difference would posting under "Anonymous" instead of Ismahaan make? At the end of the day I'm anon. to everyone on here because nobody knows me personally. I'm just an internet persona to you.
he might know people here who know him personally... and not everyone remains anon. Some people go on to become more than jus net buddies. What's wrong with being anon. anyway? :?

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS

Does one have to be married to answer those questions?? because I think brother before they are married would have same answers when they are married.

I'm not married but i'll answer them anyway I dont feel I need more then one wife unless a problem/issue arises and it would be more benficial to get married again.

I think there will always be an element of doubt in the back of my mind but can anyone ever be 100% sure how the marriage will go???no

I have been married exactly 0 days.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the sisters were to answer the questions aswell? I think it would provide a better insight.
MashaAllahhh! Good reply!
Yeah and now dangerous bro has said it.. I do think sisters input will beneficial too. So here's mine inshaAllah.

As you're not married Anon bro, all your desires have been suppressed for so long that they are overwhelming you. I am sure this is the only reason you feel one wife won't be enough. I am certain that once you do get married you won't feel like you do now. Agree?

I'll stop there, although sumthin else did cross my mind. But I'll save that for now.

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
:sl: wr wb.

Ones enough lol.

No, thats the step u gota take. If you think too much about that, you'll probably never end up getin maried.. u can only truely find out by takin that step, but before that do istikharah inshaallah.

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
what's with the negativity sis he just asked a question.

can't he keep the 'more then one wife' thing to himself, or at least get one first!

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-
can't he keep the 'more then one wife' thing to himself, or at least get one first!
don't get me wrong I really don't have anything against it.....it's just a little cheesy when some guys are so fascinated about it.

Mezier
12-13-2006, 02:00 PM
im engaged.....

dont know if that helps?!

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
well u see he can't keep it to himself cuz that's the biggest dilemma he has... and that's why he scared of getting a wife in the first place..

PS sorry for talking about u as if ur not here anon bro.. it's jus easier..:uhwhat

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
... It comes down to that I don't want to hurt her or any prospective bride.:cry:

If I didn't care, I'd just marry her, have my fun and divorce her/marry another wife.

Snowflake
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
... It comes down to that I don't want to hurt her or any prospective bride.:cry:

If I didn't care, I'd just marry her, have my fun and divorce her/marry another wife.
you definitely wanna get married right? Cuz the other option is staying single and fasting for the rest of ur life. And I don't think u want that.

So you have to get married. And you don't want to hurt your wife either. :)

So if you care that much before ur married, then simply don't marry a second woman.

See life isn't all about fulfilling our own desires. Sometimes for others' sake we have to make sacrifices. And the biggest sacrifice is of our nafs. And the strongest point I'll make is that remember bro, the fulfillment of worldly desires is temporary.. so why stress if they are fulfilled or not?

Your real life is after death. Who cares if some of our desires are never fulfilled. It's not like we're here for ever and ever and ever.......... what's the big deal? :?

say Bismillah, have good intentions and go for it.

Abu Ibraheem
12-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Salaam

I am married and i do not feel i need another wife. I know Allaah allows that but i also understand that the revelation has been misunderstood and even abused.

The verse was revealed at a time when many Muslims were martyed in battle and that left many opharns that needed looking after. In order to look after the women and their orphans, and without falling into sin, the men were permitted to marry more than one wife.

It would only be fair, for myself to marry again if it was a woman seeking marriage and she had orphans to look after. Not for my own lusts.

With dual marriages women can also become deeply jealous and depressed, therefore it requires somebody, with a pure heart and sincere to maintain the emotional needs of these women.

wasalaams

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ibraheem
Salaam

I am married and i do not feel i need another wife. I know Allaah allows that but i also understand that the revelation has been misunderstood and even abused.

The verse was revealed at a time when many Muslims were martyed in battle and that left many opharns that needed looking after. In order to look after the women and their orphans, and without falling into sin, the men were permitted to marry more than one wife.

It would only be fair, for myself to marry again if it was a woman seeking marriage and she had orphans to look after. Not for my own lusts.

With dual marriages women can also become deeply jealous and depressed, therefore it requires somebody, with a pure heart and sincere to maintain the emotional needs of these women.

wasalaams
Were you certain of her 100% beforehand?

AnonymousPoster
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
you definitely wanna get married right? Cuz the other option is staying single and fasting for the rest of ur life. And I don't think u want that.

So you have to get married. And you don't want to hurt your wife either. :)

So if you care that much before ur married, then simply don't marry a second woman.

See life isn't all about fulfilling our own desires. Sometimes for others' sake we have to make sacrifices. And the biggest sacrifice is of our nafs. And the strongest point I'll make is that remember bro, the fulfillment of worldly desires is temporary.. so why stress if they are fulfilled or not?

Your real life is after death. Who cares if some of our desires are never fulfilled. It's not like we're here for ever and ever and ever.......... what's the big deal? :?

say Bismillah, have good intentions and go for it.
Currently she is a "free agent" and well I can't exactly stall her family while I do istikhara? Would they want to hear from me even anyway?

Angelzz
12-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Salaams - Please dont take this the wrong way and im not trying to be mean But dont ruin her life just because u cant decide and dont want to miss the boat - so to speak.
Sort out your own feelings and issues regarding marriage and when u feel ur ready to be a good muslim husband then decide to get married.

Hope u dont read this the wrong way .....but it is late in Australia now (gotta go sleep)... so forgive me if i havent phrased myself politely.

SirZubair
12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Give me another month, if everything goes according to plan, i shall return with good advise..

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Give me another month, if everything goes according to plan, i shall return with good advise..

congratulations and all the best.

Skillganon
12-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Assalamu alaikum

he! he! he! You going back home.

Back to the point. Get married when you feel ready & the duties that come with it.

Woodrow
12-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Going back to the original questions. Currently I am not married. However, it looks like that will change in about a year.

I have been Married twice in the past. First time for 25 years, second time for 17 years.

No, I was not 100% certain prior to marriage either time nor am I 100% certain now. However, I was certain that if any problems came up they would not be anything that could not be resolved.

I have never had and still do not have any desire for more then one wife at a time. My preference is to be able to be the best husband possible to one and not be a mediocre husband to more then one.

-Shakirah-
12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Going back to the original questions. Currently I am not married. However, it looks like that will change in about a year.

I have been Married twice in the past. First time for 25 years, second time for 17 years.

No, I was not 100% certain prior to marriage either time nor am I 100% certain now. However, I was certain that if any problems came up they would not be anything that could not be resolved.

I have never had and still do not have any desire for more then one wife at a time. My preference is to be able to be the best husband possible to one and not be a mediocre husband to more then one.

wow! it's a real honour to have someone your age here...

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Currently she is a "free agent" and well I can't exactly stall her family while I do istikhara? Would they want to hear from me even anyway?
istikhara is only a matter of few days bro. And if you believe in yourself then that should give you the courage to bring up the matter with her family again. No harm in trying is there?

AnonymousPoster
12-14-2006, 11:57 AM

Prayed istikhara yesterday night.

Had a few dreams.

One was about travelling.

One was about reciting Quran.

Nothing clear though...

Before things were broken off though, a few months ago, I did have a dream where I was praying in jamat with her brothers.

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 12:02 PM
was the feeling you had after waking up positive?

SirDemonic
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
marriage nope am not married or anything but..

dont want to waste my life away now :okay: got too many halal fun to do before i get hitched off :giggling:

AnonymousPoster
12-14-2006, 01:12 PM

Well yes, I was thinking of ways to get back to her family. But I've had that most days... I was hoping for a clear dream?

Dreams during the proposal a few months ago, included me married to different women.

The timeline of events were, I said "yes" unnofficially, then one of my parents raised objections (due to things that aren't her fault) and her family wanted slightly more than I budgetted for and a wedding different to what I had planned. That's when the doubts started happening. A relative told me that maybe that was my answer to istikhara then.

However, I was reluctant to say no... I mean again, thinking will I find someone like her again? Who will like me again? Eventually all the family agreed to her, just one of my parents was against it, but they were willing to go along with everyone else. I still hadn't resolved my own feelings, and stalled things, telling my family not to call her family for the official proposal yet. However, her family were aware that finally my objecting parent was now ok with it, and I even heard that some of her family had bought wedding items (nothing major) .imsad They were expecting things to go ahead now...

She contacted me one day, doubts, she was worried that I didn't really want her and that she was just someone that came along. I told her that she met my requirements (which she did) and I liked her and that did she like me, and she said yes.

Then one day at work, I thought, "what the hell, just do it!". Called my parents to tell them to go ahead with it, and that's when they asked "was I 100%?". I said "no, 50/50, but it will all be ok after marriage..." and so on. Ofcourse one of my parents was biased, being against her from the beginning and they were saying you have to be 100%. They even said maybe it's my "fate"/intuition? warning me against her. Is that superstition and islamically ok concept? After that conversation with my parent, I contacted her family and cancelled things (with a generic reason) .:cry:

Even after then I was still 50/50 and passed a message to her to give me some time to sort things out. She said ok and she'll wait, she was very upset as you can understand. Her family to console her may have told her otherwise, to get over it and move on etc.

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
OK, when I did istikhara prior to initiating divorce, I had a dream. But it wasn't the dream alone that hinted at what lies ahead. When I awoke, I felt from the bottom of my soul that a divorce will happen. That's what I meant about the feeling after waking up.

A good feeling indicates positivity and vice versa.

But there's something else.... Your gut instinct. What's it telling you?
Say if you didn't have that dilemma about needing a second wife, do you feel you will be happy with this girl? The 2nd wife thingy isn't your instint, but something you think you may want. Pretend that thought doesn't exist and you only want to marry one.

Now focus on your instincts about this one and see if they say you will be happy in this marriage. It should be a feeling you get all over, that refuses to go away. That's instinct. Like a little whisper in your head.

What are your instincts saying?

Ismile
12-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Soon to be married i will get back to you with some advice .

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 02:17 PM
May Allah grant you and Zubair bro a happy marriage life...ameen.

But you can still tell the brother if you think you'll be happy with just one wife? :)

Tania
12-14-2006, 03:08 PM
The married brothers are very happy to have only one wife. :) You will never hear a married brother thinking to take another wife.

Only those who are not married are thinking like you BUt once married you will see how much work you will have with one woman and you will even forget to take another one.

I can show you how many responsabilities do you have toward your wife, if you wish :-[ :)

AnonymousPoster
12-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I think if I marry her, I do feel I will be happy inshallah.

I think I may find someone "better" looking (as I'm sure she can), but like her no...

The times I've met her I felt good. But away from her felt the doubts/uncertainty.

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 07:07 PM
I think if I marry her, I do feel I will be happy inshallah.

I think I may find someone "better" looking (as I'm sure she can), but like her no...

The times I've met her I felt good. But away from her felt the doubts/uncertainty.
What kind of doubts? Can you be a bit more specific?

Thank God I'm not a counsellor in real life, I'd be ringing up clients to see how they're doing! They'd probably need counselling to get over my counselling! ;D

limitless
12-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Well well if it isn't my favourite topic; marriages!! WOOHOO! Wheres Fi bro :rollseyes .

Hypothetically speaking, I would only need one wife, no more. Yes, I would be eighty percent be confident in her because I would know her and how she is and her family. Why hypothetically it's simply because I will not get married for the rest of my life, and I have some personal issues with regards to women anyway.

No one is hundred percent ready for marriage. But some are ninety percent sure about their future wife because they know her and how she is and will be. It seems like your not ready for marriage, yet. You need a more broader perspective on marriage and pious wife; which is through knowledge and speaking through experienced couples. Reading the concerns and issues that generally arise in a marriage and how it is dealt with. Inshallah you will be confident soon, you just need more time to mature mentally for marriage and being confident about your prospective wife.

Al_Imaan
12-15-2006, 01:58 AM
u know u both r rite....muslimah sis wants him to get his answer in an easier way..and she's rite...i dont see the reason y the brothers here wont answer anonymous's question...

Al_Imaan
12-15-2006, 01:59 AM
i can't believe someone finally answered...i appreciate it Limitless...on anonymous's behalf

syilla
12-15-2006, 02:13 AM
mashaAllah...so many brother are getting married. Congratulations...
wow...everybody is following the sunnah...inshaAllah...:happy:

congratulations to brother woodrow too...if you don't mind me asking...who is the lucky girl...:D (sorry for being a busy body :hiding:)

btw...can i answer on behalf of my hubby? :rollseyes
(this is his sincere answer....lol...i asked him but...erm well maybe not that honest :rollseyes )

1. No...because i was blinded with love (:rollseyes :? the smiley is me)

2. Yes 100% because she is everything what i wanted her to be. (:rollseyes :?)

3. 2007 -2002... about 5 years.

i actually told him...to find a pious wife...if he is considering to remarry. So that maybe i can learn something from her...

his answered was...what are you talking about? :rant: i never ever think about that...(yeah...sure :giggling: ). i answered back...well maybe not now...maybe later when i'm 40+ ... and he kept quite ;D lol....

soulsociety
12-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Interesting....?

Would you really mind if he did that when you were 40+?

AnonymousPoster
12-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I seemed to have received quite an adamant message from her, that it's not meant to be :cry: imsad

Snowflake
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey bro, don't be sad. Everything happens for the best inshaAllah. Life's full of let downs but that's not bad, because every experience is a learning experience.

Make duaa to Allah to find you a pious loving wife whom you'll be pleased with.

And a big thank you to all the brothers who replied.

AnonymousPoster
12-15-2006, 02:38 PM
what makes me feel really bad is she said something that makes me feel like an oppressor/rapist imsad

SirDemonic
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
what makes me feel really bad is she said something that makes me feel like an oppressor/rapist imsad
Ohhh... **** bro dont worry :) you aint nothing like that, Allah knows best :D

Marriage life just waste of life

Snowflake
12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
If that's the case, then don't waste your energy feeling bad cuz of someone who didn't understand you. Not worth it. Allah has got someone better in store for you inshaAllah.

Marriage life just waste of life
Why do you say that Demonic bro?

Kittygyal
12-15-2006, 08:15 PM
salam,
am married whats your problemo :X me not a boy hehehe if ya want me to i will ;D
Ma'assalama

AnonymousPoster
12-16-2006, 07:25 PM

not only that... I think she's getting married imsad mashallah so quick, just 1 and a half months after me...

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 07:30 PM
so what bro? even romeo and juliet wouldn't have waited for each other forever... she's moved on, which she has the right to do and so should you.

and don't think I'm being harsh bro.. I'm just echoing reality.

(dats big sisters for u!) :giggling:

Just wait, inshaAllah you will find someone who you won't even have doubts about. :)

AnonymousPoster
12-16-2006, 07:33 PM
inshallah. But it will hurt for a while. It's my fault... wasn't much wrong with her, just me so stupid.

anonymous
12-16-2006, 08:48 PM
inshallah. But it will hurt for a while. It's my fault... wasn't much wrong with her, just me so stupid.
aww :cry: i feel bad for you, dont worry. for every person Allah has made them a suited partner. feel not sad but just strive to find your perfect girl, in days to come you will find her & thank Allah when you do subhanallah. Please dont beat yourself up about it imsad :cry:

Demonic brutha, mashallah at halal fun ;) i'm feeling you bro :D
gud luk, i pray allah gives you all pious sisters and husbands as partners ameen tke care

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 11:00 PM
don't be sad bro.. if something isn't in our fate then theres nothing we can do about it.. and when sumthin isn't meant to be then that's cuz it wouldn't have been good for either of you. Sometimes people even get married and then lose someone if it isn't meant to be.

Look at this way bro.. you took time to think. Maybe Allah made you stall because He knew this wasn't good in your favour in the long run?

Cheer up or I'll get u a bowl of Cheerios! lol Keep making duaa to Allah and do astaghfaar, give sadka and smile, Allah's given you lots to be grateful for and life's too short for sadness and regrets. :)

AnonymousPoster
12-16-2006, 11:11 PM

Did you feel before marriage that you may need more than one wife?
No.
Yes.

Just over 1 year.

AnonymousPoster
12-16-2006, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
don't be sad bro.. if something isn't in our fate then theres nothing we can do about it.. and when sumthin isn't meant to be then that's cuz it wouldn't have been good for either of you. Sometimes people even get married and then lose someone if it isn't meant to be.

Look at this way bro.. you took time to think. Maybe Allah made you stall because He knew this wasn't good in your favour in the long run?

Cheer up or I'll get u a bowl of Cheerios! lol Keep making duaa to Allah and do astaghfaar, give sadka and smile, Allah's given you lots to be grateful for and life's too short for sadness and regrets. :)
jazakallahkhair :)

SirZubair
12-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Asalam alaikum,

congratulations and all the best.
Jazakallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Assalamu alaikum

he! he! he! You going back home.

Back to the point. Get married when you feel ready & the duties that come with it.
No, i am not going back home. My home-land is Fiji, not the subcontinents :)

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Asalam alaikum,

No, i am not going back home. My home-land is Fiji, not the subcontinents :)
Well I never said you going back to the subcontinent. Inshallah your marriage will be successful.

Abu Ibraheem
12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Were you certain of her 100% beforehand?
I put my trust in Allaah, I didnt even know her but i said yes from what i heard about her. My marriage was not happy until we expierienced a loss together and that was Allaah's wisdom.

Abu Ibraheem
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Prayed istikhara yesterday night.

Had a few dreams.

One was about travelling.

One was about reciting Quran.

Nothing clear though...

Before things were broken off though, a few months ago, I did have a dream where I was praying in jamat with her brothers
Are her brothers going on Hajj by any chance because that just may have been the call to join them and Allaah knows best.

AnonymousPoster
12-18-2006, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless
Well well if it isn't my favourite topic; marriages!! WOOHOO! Wheres Fi bro :rollseyes .
Fi bro is married, mashAllah. I didnt know that.:)

- Qatada -
12-18-2006, 06:49 PM

Now i wna know hu u are :p

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Brother Fi_Sabilillah your married. I would never have guessed.

Abu Ibraheem
12-18-2006, 08:53 PM
he never told me either , dark horse .. :D Mubarak

Snowflake
12-18-2006, 08:58 PM
How about some marital advice Fi bro? :X

- Qatada -
12-18-2006, 09:01 PM

Anythin specific? [If the bro who created the thread doesn't mind us goin offtopic]

AnonymousPoster
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM

If you knew her, you would think I was insane to do what I had done.imsad

Feel like biggest mistake of my life. But what's meant to be is meant to be?

But it's still a mistake, doesn't change that. I'm so stupid.:hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

Kittygyal
12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Assalmualikum,
confused brother Fisabillah married yes or no? (invitation :p)
&& also what have you done AnonymousGender above me ^
Ma'assalama

AnonymousPoster
12-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Cancelled the proposal with her, that's what I have done.

As usual I was slow and indecisive.:hiding: imsad

syilla
12-19-2006, 12:48 AM
why all the married guy...aren't replying to this thread.

Are they afraid of their status/share will go down the drain..:rolleyes:

:lol:

Abu Ibraheem
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
bro, your dream of reading the Qur'aan was your sign!

You said you seen yourself travelling, so travel
you said you seen yourself reading al Qur'aan so travel to the places it was revealed
You said you seen yourself praying in jamaah with her brothers, then you should travel with them.

i dont think it can be any clearer.

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 01:05 AM
IF it's not to late. I suggest go for it. Better late than sorry,

If not don't wowwy, as their's lots of sisters out their who are looking for someone.

Snowflake
12-19-2006, 01:37 AM
^rofl! I never thought of that@syilla

AnonymousPoster
12-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Are there sisters religious, chaste, intelligent and that I'd find attractive?

Majority of the sisters I've never found attractive, except for two, but I'd say this one was the 1st/2nd most attractive I've found.:offended:

AnonymousPoster
12-19-2006, 01:38 AM
also too late for VISA for hajj.

Snowflake
12-19-2006, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Anythin specific? [If the bro who created the thread doesn't mind us goin offtopic]
well like, did you have thoughts about a second wife before you got married? I think anon bro wants to know if the majority of the people feel the same or not.

btw, Congrats! may Allah make your marriage happy and successful inshaAllah. Ameen.

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
How to be romantic?

AnonymousPoster
12-19-2006, 09:33 PM

not only that... I think she's getting married imsad mashallah so quick, just 1 and a half months after me...
Im posting this as anon for obvious reasons...

I was in "love" (thats what i thought) with a girl before. to the extent that if I wasnt with her i thought i would die (...). When it didnt "work out" i was crushed for a longggg time.

Believe it or not, I am sooooooooooo sooooooooo thankful it didnt!!!

I have found someone even better (maybe 1000x better) in my eyes. my heart has never felt like this for anyone. She practices islam, is intelligent, shy, beautiful (im not a shallow guy, but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder); all the qualities I was looking for.

One day you are going to find someone Inshallah, and when that happens, from that day on you cannot even imagine waking up in the morning without her next to you.

I know how you feel. This might not help much right now, but you WILL get over it inshallah. I'd bet on it (if it was halaal :P ).

Snowflake
12-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Aww mashaAllah! Thanks for sharing bro. I hope it helps anon bro to realise everything happens for a reason.

Malaikah
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I have found someone even better (maybe 1000x better) in my eyes. my heart has never felt like this for anyone. She practices islam, is intelligent, shy, beautiful (im not a shallow guy, but remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder); all the qualities I was looking for.

Mashaallah, did you end up married to her?

AnonymousPoster
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM

I can understand about finding someone better...

In this case I can only see finding someone more physically "attractive".

ZAYD
01-07-2007, 12:13 PM
i think the whole concept of istikhaara has been grossly misunderstood.

sudais1
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM
im not married but i will in about 6 years inshaAllah, she's somwhere on this planet maybe thousands of miles away but its so amazing how Allah brings you together, :lol:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.