/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much mercy can Allah show? Can i repeny my sins?

SirDemonic
12-14-2006, 12:27 AM
As a muslim, I know Allah is mercyfull but how much?

I committed so many sins in my life as a muslim, I broke every rule in islam apart from murder and stealing lol

Can I repent my sins? Will i be forgiven?

what does it say in islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-14-2006, 12:32 AM
:sl:

Say: "O 'Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

"And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islâmic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him, (in Islâm), before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.

(Quran 39 53-54)

SirDemonic
12-14-2006, 12:54 AM
hmmmm..

I see :)

Muhammad
12-15-2006, 02:05 PM

You will find many threads about encouraging forgiveness and expounding upon the immense Mercy of Allaah. Here are some for you to read Insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-want-die.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/594871-post6.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...rgiveness.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...rgiveness.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...rspective.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ture-sins.html

Also, you should ask for your username to be changed (from an admin) because nobody likes to be described as "demonic"!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
no sin is too great, just repent!! :) and make sincere intention to never return to the sin again!

- Qatada -
12-15-2006, 04:42 PM
:salamext:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

Remorse/Regret is good and is an important part of repentance.

Allah Most High in the Qur'an says says, "Turn towards Allah, O believers, every one of you, so that you may be successful." (24:31)

And He says in the Qur'an, "Ask your Lord for forgiveness and then turn in repentance to Him," (11:3) and He says, "O you who believe! Turn in sincere repentance to Allah." (66:8)

The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, “The one who repents from sin is like the one who never sinned.” [Ibn Maja (3240)] He also said, “Remorse is repentance.” [Ibn Maja (4242) and Ahmad (3387)]

habiibti
12-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Assalamu aleikum

Allah is so forgiving and merciful.The worst mistake youth make is think that Allah wont forgive them when they commit a sin and they sometimes sadly dig into deeper sins thinking there is no hope, but there is! ( sorry if i went off topic)

Bro just repent with sincere heart and vow not to repeat da sin again,insha Allah a whole weight will lift off ur shoulders.

lolwatever
12-16-2006, 10:57 AM
in short, definately, and teh sooner the better coz we never know when death can strike :)
:w:

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Sir Demonic, I just wanted to add...
Even if you committed murder and theft, you know your mom would forgive you because she loves you. But Allah loves you 70 times more than your mother. Can you imagine the extent of His Forgiveness and Mercy? SubhanAllah. :)

Malaikah
12-16-2006, 11:28 AM

On the authority of Abu Huraira, the Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (pbuh) is reported to have said: “Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it." [Sahih Bukhari]

Allah's messenger (saw) said, “When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, ‘My Mercy has overcome My Anger.” [Sahih Bukhari].

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 21:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi wasalam said, "When the people of Paradise will enter Paradise and the people of Hell will go to Hell, Allah will order those who have had faith equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed to be taken out from Hell. So they will be taken out but (by then) they will be blackened (charred). Then they will be put in the river of Haya' (rain) or Hayat (life) (the Narrator is in doubt as to which is the right term), and they will revive like a grain that grows near the bank of a flood channel. Don't you see that it comes out yellow and twisted"

Zulkiflim
12-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Salaam,

Beleive this..

If you are a muslim,and knew the Islamic laws and still commit the crimes then you sin in knwoledge..

For that it is already written in your record.

All i can say is that you better hope your good deeds outweigh your bad ones..

I remember that there is a saying,that muslim found wanting,for doing too many sin will enter hell..but for a time,as punishment for their sin..

FOR a time,,but even a short while in Hell is torment enough.

So rememeber and fear Allah and embrace faith and piety..

I sicnerely hope that muslim do not use the verses and prophecies that all muslim will enter heaven not wihtstadning,,as an excuse to do ill..

anonymous
12-16-2006, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirDemonic
As a muslim, I know Allah is mercyfull but how much?

I committed so many sins in my life as a muslim, I broke every rule in islam apart from murder and stealing lol

Can I repent my sins? Will i be forgiven?

what does it say in islam?
imsad so much sins and then we call ourselves muslims (that was implied at myself, dont jump the gun inshallah), whats gonna happen to us? even on the day the prophet's will be begging for forgivness for just one sin that they have commited during a lifetime.

tears will flow, fear shall overcome then, shame will shadow them..

where will that leave us? so many sins, so much regret and then hipocracy to carry the title of a muslim, yet we think we think we will be served jannah. 4 dunya we strive
imsad :cry: :cry:
allah have mercy

SirDemonic
12-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah does it not scare you,

As a muslim i still commit sins and as a muslim i know its wrong but i cant stop myself, :cry:

I still do it, i dont know how to stop

I skip jummah etc.. I try and pray :cry:

Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2006, 08:27 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
well brother^^ all i can say is try to do what is compulsory upon you. like prayer and fasting. so just concentrate on that for now, then when you feel that you have gotten into a pattern, then add something else to that. get what i mean??

Zulkiflim
12-17-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirDemonic
Yeah does it not scare you,

As a muslim i still commit sins and as a muslim i know its wrong but i cant stop myself, :cry:

I still do it, i dont know how to stop

I skip jummah etc.. I try and pray :cry:
Salaam,

Knowing and doing not..

who is to blame?

when you are hungy ,you can seek food,
when you are thirsty you seek water.

So pls,do not make excuses,if you cna do it and try..it is hard but make the effort.

There is a saying by the Prophet that siad even if you did not do it,you will get more reward BECASUE YOU TRIED..

Some may view my tone as harsh,but there it is,you know it,,,

Zuhaib
12-18-2006, 10:59 AM
if you repent properly then yes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.