/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Got a skin condition? Read this!

Mezier
12-14-2006, 03:39 AM
:sl:

I know this is long, but I think it is well worth the read - both for those with and without any skin conditions. Its a summarized version of what I have found out during these past 2 weeks. I know its not something even close to being published in a medical journal, but I wrote this in order to help others with the same problem, Inshallah.

Enjoy :)

My Story:

I am 19, male. I, like many people, had dandruff which I totally controlled with Head&Shoulders - my skin condition never ever gave me a problem. However, about a year ago I had noticed a more severe form of dandruff, which was later diagnosed as Seborrhea Dermatitis (basically the next level of regular dandruff). And this time Head&Shoulders wasnt helping much. I had tried every shampoo the docs recommended: T-gel, nizoral, stieprox…you name it I’ve tried it. It has been like this up to now.

What I Found:

I had read in a hadith book (dont remember which one) a few weeks ago about some natural foods the Prophet (pbuh) had suggested that can help treat several ailments; specifically olive oil and honey, also the blackseed. So after trying everything that was recommended by my doc, I decided to do some research on honey being used to treat skin conditions. I went onto a search engine and the FIRST result I got back was this:
http://www.denvernaturopathic.com/news/honeyherpes.html
I read it quite a few times. I was convinced! I even posted it here a couple weeks ago in another thread.

What I Did:

After finding this info, I thought to myself: “Whats the harm in trying it, I’ve tried everything else.” So that same day, I went and got some natural honey out of the kitchen cupboard (my mom drives 1.5 hours to get to this bee-farm where she buys it from) – the honey had bee's wax in it too. The article mentions the mixture to be “1 part honey, 1 part bee's wax, 1 part olive oil” with some water to dilute it a bit. I did exactly just that and put it into a little empty bottle I found laying around.

How I Used It:

As the article said, gently rub the mixture on any body parts with the condition. Mine was on my scalp. So that’s what I did. I left it there for 3 hours (was really sticky :P) then rinsed it out with water and ONLY water. What I noticed was that the bee's wax didn’t come out as easy so there were still little bits of it left behind which looked like flakes, however I rinse out the honey late at night before going to bed and wash it in the morning so by the morning all the bits of bee's wax were gone! I used it after I got home from school when I knew I would be home all night doing homework, about 7pm-10pm (3 hours).

How Long I Have Used It:

It’s been almost 2 weeks now and I apply it every second day. But I’ll admit that I have gone about 3 days now without applying it, so I’ll do it today!

My Results:

Now the article mentions that improvements were seen within about 1-2 weeks. After the first 2-3 times of applying it I still wasn’t seeing any changes other than the fact that after rinsing the mixture out, it would look like I had more flakes than what I started off with thanks to the bits of bee's wax. But I didn’t care since I knew it was just the beginning. Now for the best part: Its been 2 weeks now and the honey is working for my dandruff just as Head&Shoulders worked for it before, but now its all natural and sunnah!
To keep it short: The mixture worked, my flakes are no longer visible and have dramatically decreased after almost 2 weeks of treatment with the mixture.

What Will I Do Now:

I plan to keep using this mixture every 2 days for another 3-4 weeks, Inshallah so that I may totally rid myself of this. After that I will cut it down to once a week, for the rest of my life! And NO it is not a burden, my scalp feels soooo much cleaner and it’s worth it! Overall body fitness is something close to my heart (:P), so I thought to myself: "I take care of the rest of my body so why not my scalp?" You should too!

Other Notes:

After starting this, I have created my own olive-oil shampoo using only natural products (also from sunnah). I use it everyday. I haven’t used anything else since starting applying the mixture. The shampoo I made is mentioned at the end of this post.

Last Thoughts:

I’m excited about this. What surprises me the most was where I got the idea to start from - hadith, subhanallah!. Hopefully my scalp will keep getting better. I strongly encourage anyone who is suffering from a skin condition – and those who aren’t can also try this to get their scalp healthier – to try this out, it won’t kill you. It’s cheap to make and easy to do!
Subhanallah I will look deeper into the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and what Allah (swt) showed him, when it comes to medical treatments which I am sure has more cures than we currently know of!

If anything else comes up, I'll be glad to post in the future.

The Mixture:
- 1 part Honey (straight from the honeycomb is best!)
- 1 part beeswax (also comes with the honeycomb)
- 1 part Olive oil
- A little bit of water
- I heated the mixture on the oven for a bit when I first made it just to get it all mixed in well

The Olive-Oil Shampoo:
- 4 ounces castile soap flakes – You can find this at a lot of middle eastern grocery stores (I use olive-oil soap and just make flakes out of it using a little cheese grater)
- One quart boiled water. Once it boils, mix it with the soap flakes until dissolved.
- I add olive-oil after. For every cup of water, I add ¼ cup of olive oil
- Place in a old (and well rinsed) shampoo bottle. Shake well before applying.

****All olive oil was Cold Pressed and Extra Virgin****

Any questions? Ask away!

This little 'routine' brought me back to being like before: not worrying about my hair. It feels great, and Inshallah this will help someone like it helped me.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
12-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Lol at your sig!

and Interesting research!! I really want to see how it would feel to have honey in my hair but eh I cant be bothered.

habiibti
12-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Masha Allah.Isnt amazing how we look far and wide for something so natural and simple?thanks Bro for posting coz i am sure it is gonna help someone with da same conditions.

i know of a sister who tried everything but nothing worked,so i am gonna print out this page if u dont mind and give it to her.insha Allah.may Allah give us all sabr.

Mezier
12-14-2006, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
Masha Allah.Isnt amazing how we look far and wide for something so natural and simple?thanks Bro for posting coz i am sure it is gonna help someone with da same conditions.

i know of a sister who tried everything but nothing worked,so i am gonna print out this page if u dont mind and give it to her.insha Allah.may Allah give us all sabr.
:sl:
From now on I will look at the sunnah before anything else when it comes to medical treatment.

Of course I dont mind. I hope she gets some benefit from this, Inshallah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-14-2006, 04:54 AM
i'll try ...i'll try...

thank you for sharing....

but first i get to find bee wax :uuh:

Mezier
12-14-2006, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i'll try ...i'll try...

thank you for sharing....

but first i get to find bee wax :uuh:
bee's wax is the honey comb that comes from natural honey. i dont think its hard to find. look for honey with the honey comb. if you dont find it, im sure honey is enough! :)

Snowflake
12-14-2006, 09:52 AM
SubhanAllah! That's the sweetest thing I've read in ages. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.