/* */

PDA

View Full Version : from heart to heart with non moslem

mariam.
12-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Peace be upon who follow the truth and seek for it :
It's nice to meet any one here to discuss about this question..with cultural and superior conversation .. With out fanaticism or extremism ..
Intelligent conversation from heart to heart
When you listen the word ( Islam ) what's the first thing you think about?
And why ? I waiting for you all .. peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
It's nice to meet any one here to discuss about this question..with cultural and superior conversation .. With out fanaticism or extremism ..
hola mariam,

gracias, i think this is a very good question..., and maybe can help identify what questions i should ask in the future... i want to answer honestly so please do not be insulted...

i think lots of things, "the middle east" because that is where i associate islam with regionally..., "arabic" because that is the language the quran is written in and the words muslims use are in arabic, "arabs" because i see islam as arab culture, "simple" because i think islam is very straightforward and easy to understand, at the same time i think in many respects it lacks depth in certain places..., "discipline" because i think it demands a lot of concentration and obedience and i think muslims follow that very well, "offensive" because i find a lot of things in islam antagonistic to christianity and a lot of the doctrines and things in the quran to be insulting to christians, "without Jesus" islam denies his divinity and his sacrifice, "monotheistic" because i think islam is extremely monotheistic and "political" because of the attention to the middle east politically right now...

i also think "alien" or "foreign" because of many of the reasons above... and aggression for some other reasons...

gracias

Jane B. Drake
12-14-2006, 08:36 PM
I am new to this forum, and I suppose I'm what you might call a "non-Muslim" though I identify myself as a "Jew, Christian, and Muslim." I have well "thought out" opinions of ALL the Prophets, from Abraham through Muhammad, and I've chosen to post one of my opinions" here, in the hope that some Muslims and non-Muslims will express their honest opinion.
I've entitled my piece as:
If Muslims believed Muhammad, They Could Transform the World.

Through the Koran, Muhammad tells Muslims to "Say: We believe in God and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael, to Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and what was given to Moses and Jesus and the prophets. We discriminate against none of them" (The Family of Imran 3:84).

Another time, Muhammad warns Muslims against drawing “…a line between God and His apostles, saying: 'We believe in some but deny others....’" (Women 4:150).

About 3,400 years ago, before the Hebrews had even entered the "Promised Land," Moses warned his people of a future day, when they would be "…driven out [of the Land] to the farthest parts under heaven…" (Deut. 30:4). But Moses also assured the Israelites that God "...will have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where the Lord your God has scattered you" (Deut. 30:3).

If, today, Muslims truly believed Muhammad, they would believe "what was given to Moses." And they would rejoice in the resurrection of Israel as Moses foretold. Instead, countless Muslims, "believe in some [prophets] but deny others," while they prepare to "wipe Israel off the map.”

In other words, if Muslims believed the Prophets who preceded Muhammad and drew no “line” between them, they would humbly admit to God and the world, "We have been wrong to fight against Israel." And an astonished world would behold Israel's deadly enemies evidencing incredible faith, unmatched by Jews and Christians throughout their bloody history!

If militant Muslims and their supporters renounced their ignorant rejection of Israel and transformed themselves into peaceful believers in Abraham’s God, astounded Jews and Christians would be hard-pressed to renounce their own ignorant dismissal of Muhammad as a “false prophet” and Islam as a “false religion.”

Then, Jews and Christians, following the Muslims’ unique example, could finally abandon their own erroneous manmade teachings about “the Messiah Jesus” (Women 4:171) and embrace Muhammad’s messages about him, which Jews and Christians have always scorned — the very messages that could create peace among all “believers.”

If Muslims believed Muhammad….

- Qatada -
12-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Jane. :)

Maybe it's just me, but the whole Palestine/Israel conflict is a war against the muslims due to the fact that their land got occupied in the 1960's.

Anyway, let's go back in history - the children of isra'eel were promised the land so long as they kept their covenant with Allaah/God. Their covenant involved them accepting the messengers which were sent to them by Allaah, and to obey the true messengers, which in return would leave them to keep the promised land due to the covenant which Allaah Almighty had blessed them with. A covenant is a two way thing right? Therefore if these people never kept their side of the covenant, then Allaah doesn't need to keep His covenant with them either?

Now we can rightly say that among these were rebellious people, those who rejected the messengers, the messengers of Allah who came with clear proofs, some were even killed by these people (i.e. Yahya/John the Baptist)

If these people rejected some prophets [i.e. Jesus (peace be upon him)], and killed others. Then they've broken their covenant with Allaah, and therefore Allaah doesn't need to keep His side of the covenant. What does that lead to? It mean's that the lands not promised to them no more.

Who does Allaah give the promised land to instead? To those who do believe in the messengers and prophets of Allaah, without rejecting any of them. The jews rejected Jesus (peace be upon him.) The christians rejected Muhammad (peace be upon him) - the final messenger of Allaah. So out of Allaah's Mercy, He will give it to those who accept the messengers, and accept the message of Allaah Almighty.

Now you might ask, how come the muslims don't have the land no more? How come it's been occupied by the jews once again? We can say this, that some of the muslims within Palestine had become nationalistic and when people stop enjoining good and forbidding evil - we see corruption, alot of the humiliation that we see today in the muslim world is due to the fact that we have turned away from the religion of Allaah. Due to this, Allaah may humiliate us, put us in a state of weakness so that we may turn back to Him, what better time is there for someone to turn back to Allaah except at a time of hardship?

Allaah is the Most Wise, and once we turn back to His religion whole heartedly, He will bless us once again insha'Allaah (God willing.) The same way the jews got humiliated because they turned away from the religion of Allaah, the same way we are getting humiliated because we have turned away from the religion of Allaah.

If you find this surprising, you will see that of the most frequently mentioned stories in the Qur'an and Ahadith [prophetic ways/sayings etc] are stories of the children of Isra'eel, and what mistakes they fell into. Why is this? Because the Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit (i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure (lizard), you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Apostle! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?"

Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith: 9.422

We have fallen into the errors of the children of Isra'eel, and the only way we can be successful is by turning back to Allaah Almighty, and His religion.

There have been many instances in our islamic history where Allaah has bestowed so many blessings upon the muslims, when these blessings are at an all time high - the people turn away from Allaah out of love for this world, instead of love for the hereafter, so they compromise their faith. So Allaah humiliates them once again so they may turn back to Him. We are in a similar stage. [Some events in islamic history include; The Abbasi Dynasty, The Spanish era/Al Andalus etc.] the people were only raised back up again from their humiliation once they turned back to Allaah whole-heartedly, this comes through patience, steadfastness, and by the will of Allaah Almighty.

You can read about islamic history from here, and how it lived in peace with the jews and christians, and how it actually made europe how we know it as today [by the will of Allaah Almighty]
http://www.load-islam.com/indepth.php?topic_id=12

The children of Isra'eel were of the weakest people on the earth when Pharoah oppressed them, but Allaah blessed them with islaam (which means submission towards the Creator.) Similarly, Allaah removed the humiliation of the arabs at the time when they were weak, so He sent a messenger from among themselves with clear proofs to guide them, and all of mankind away from the darkness towards the light of pure monotheism.

Similarly, Allaah will guide those who turn to Him whole heartedly, and bring victory for them, however - this victory can only come through hard work, patience and by putting ones trust and faith in Allaah, the Exalted whole heartedly. And Allaah is the source of strength.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
12-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Confusion is the first word. I find the religion of Islam confusing. Before I came on here when I thought of Islam I thought of muslims. Angry muslims that wanted to dominate the world. I'm always reading newspapers. When I heard about the muslims that killed a lad in Scotland for just "being white" I was furious. I also saw on the front page that muslims had vandalised British troops' homes, again I was furious.

- Qatada -
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey England.

The newspapers do a good job of promoting their propaganda, so i don't actually think thats the right place to turn to.

If you really want to just get a quick summary of what islaam is, check these links insha'Allaah (God willing):

http://www.beconvinced.com/

http://www.thewaytotruth.org/

It's easy to make rumours up about any group of people, the honest person tries to get a true understanding themself.

Peace.

Umar001
12-14-2006, 09:32 PM

For all that is worth before I was Muslim, and I heard 'Muslim' I would think, Iraqi with Ak screaming Allawakbar.

England
12-14-2006, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hey England.

The newspapers do a good job of promoting their propaganda, so i don't actually think thats the right place to turn to.

If you really want to just get a quick summary of what islaam is, check these links insha'Allaah (God willing):

http://www.beconvinced.com/

http://www.thewaytotruth.org/

It's easy to make rumours up about any group of people, the honest person tries to get a true understanding themself.

Peace.
Thanks for the links.
They weren't rumours, they were broadcast all over and they had been charged. What you could say though is that the media reports the bad bits rather than the good.

glo
12-15-2006, 07:05 AM
To return to the original question, when I hear the word 'Islam' I don't think so much of the Middle East, but of what I see in my neighbourhood:
I think of people wanting to protect their way of life and people keeping themselves isolated for the rest of society.
I think of people I could be friends with, if only I knew how!

Peace

mariam.
12-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Peace be upon you all:
Ms. Jayda thank you so much for your write and I agree with you in greater part of your answer but I have afew point to explaine :
1. Maybe our religion islam is simple and easy to understand but in different word it's deep .. Do you know why?.. it's give a chance to make a relation between you and your lord with out intermediary ..love relation
This relation can't be reality with out deep belief .
2. With out jesus ! I know exactly how much you love him… in other side you didn't know how much we love him ……... God said in his holy book:
"relate in the Book (The story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family To a place in the east.
* She placed a screen (To screen herself) from them; then we sent to her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
* She said: I seek refuge from thee to (God) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear God.
* He said: Nay, I am only A messenger from thy Lord, (To announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
* She said: how shall I Have a son, seeing that non man has touched me and I am not unchaste?
* He said: So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, That is easy for Me: and (we wish) to appoint him as a sign unto men and a Mercy from Us: It is a matter (so) decreed.
* So she conceived him, And she retired with him to a remote place.
* And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk Of a palm tree: She cried (in her anguish): Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!
*but (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm tree): grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
* And shake towards thyself The trunk of the palm tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee
*So eat and drink And cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see Any man, say, I have Vowed a fast to (God) Most Gracious, and this day Will I enter into no talk With any human being
* At length she brought The (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). they said: O Mary! Truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
* O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not A man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!
* But she pointed to the babe. They said: How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?
* He said: I am indeed A servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me A prophet;
* And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, And hath enjoined on me prayer and Charity as long As I live;
*(He) hath made me kind To my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
* So peace is on me The day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)
* Such (was) Jesus the son Of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
* It is not befitting To (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to him! when he determines a matter, He only says To it, be, and it is.
* Verily God is my Lord And your Lord: him therefore serve ye: this is a way that is straight"Our love to him make us follow the straight way that he follow befor ..
Ms. Jane thank for your answer but…can I explaine?
The conflict between us and jew.. isn't a conflict between religions
It's conflict between the landowner (palestinian) and who violate this land (israeli)
That's the truth that coming in the western media distorted .. To make you hate this merciful religion with out free will ..and I want you to know a point.. in palestin not only the muslems fight, there..the muslems and christian togather fight like brothers to protect there home palestine ..
You said that israeli have right to live in our land? To kill us ? To destroy our home? To violate our sacred place? To refuse us to pray in farthest mosque? Because moses peace be upon him said that ?! Have ever read this koranic verse:
"Glory to (God) who did take his servant for a journey by night from the sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts we did bless, in order that we might show him some of our signs: for he is the one who heareth and seeth (all things)
* We gave Moses the Book, and made it a guide to the children of Israel, (commanding): take not other than me as disposer of (your) affairs.
* O ye that are sprung from those whom we carried (in the ark) with Noah verily he was a devotee most grateful.
* And we gave (clear) warning to the children of Israel in the Book, that twice would they do mischief on the earth and be elated with mighty arrogance (and twice would they be punished) When the first of the warnings came to pass, we sent against you our servants given to terrible warfare: they entered the very inmost parts of your homes; and it was a warning (completely) fulfilled.
* Then did we grant you the return as against them: we gave you increase in resources and sons, and made you the more numerous in man power.
*If ye did well, ye did well for yourself; if ye did evil, (ye did it) against yourself. so when the second of the warnings came to pass, (we permitted your enemies) to disfigure your faces, and to enter your temple as they had entered it before, and to visit with destruction all that fell into their power."
Mr . England
in fact .. I estimate your view and I believe that you are right
You have preference to said that .. But I want to tell you some thing:
This people who killes their brother and sister in humanity does't belong to islam .. The real islam .
This is a verse from the holy koran that we follow: [ Let there be no compulsion in religion: truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand hold, never breaks. and God heareth and knoweth all things. ] ..
Our lord allow us to fight who violate our land and our rights
[ To those against whom War is made, permission Is given (to fight), because They are wronged; and verily, God is Most Powerful For their aid * they are) those who have Been expelled from their homes In defiance of right, (For no cause) except That they say. Our Lord Is God. Did not God check one set of people by means of another, There would surely have been Pulled down monasteries, churches, Synagogues, and mosques, in which The name of God is commemorated In abundant measure. God will certainly aid those who aid His (cause); for verily God is Full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (Able to enforce His Will ] thank you so much and ask our god who create us to show us the straight way .. peace

Jayda
12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Peace be upon you all:
Ms. Jayda thank you so much for your write and I agree with you in greater part of your answer but I have afew point to explaine :
1. Maybe our religion islam is simple and easy to understand but in different word it's deep .. Do you know why?.. it's give a chance to make a relation between you and your lord with out intermediary ..love relation
This relation can't be reality with out deep belief .
2. With out jesus ! I know exactly how much you love him… in other side you didn't know how much we love him ……... God said in his holy book:

format_quote Originally Posted by quran
"relate in the Book (The story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family To a place in the east.
* She placed a screen (To screen herself) from them; then we sent to her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
* She said: I seek refuge from thee to (God) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear God.
* He said: Nay, I am only A messenger from thy Lord, (To announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
* She said: how shall I Have a son, seeing that non man has touched me and I am not unchaste?
* He said: So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, That is easy for Me: and (we wish) to appoint him as a sign unto men and a Mercy from Us: It is a matter (so) decreed.
* So she conceived him, And she retired with him to a remote place.
* And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk Of a palm tree: She cried (in her anguish): Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!
*but (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm tree): grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
* And shake towards thyself The trunk of the palm tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee
*So eat and drink And cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see Any man, say, I have Vowed a fast to (God) Most Gracious, and this day Will I enter into no talk With any human being
* At length she brought The (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). they said: O Mary! Truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
* O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not A man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!
* But she pointed to the babe. They said: How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?
* He said: I am indeed A servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me A prophet;
* And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, And hath enjoined on me prayer and Charity as long As I live;
*(He) hath made me kind To my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
* So peace is on me The day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)
* Such (was) Jesus the son Of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
* It is not befitting To (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to him! when he determines a matter, He only says To it, be, and it is.
* Verily God is my Lord And your Lord: him therefore serve ye: this is a way that is straight"
Our love to him make us follow the straight way that he follow befor ..
hola Mariam,

gracias for responding to my post so quickly. i think i see what you are saying about depth coming from a personal relationship with God... but i do not know if i see how that relationship can develop in islam... could you perhaps discuss this a little more?

i see that Jesus is loved as a prophet in islam, but that is not all he is...

we are meant to love Him has God, Savior and Prophet,... but being a muslim means chosing to deny very important parts of his identity and so islam does not allow you to know him completely. it is very strange and sad to me. this is why i say "when i think about the word islam i think "without Jesus,"" .

His sacrifice and divinity are intimately tied to our personal relationship with God...

i appreciate your explanations in this regard but i do not think this is a difference that can be overcome..., perhaps it is best we accept this difference and my response as an unbridgeable difference and not discuss it further... i look forward to your thoughts!

Dios te bendiga

Jane B. Drake
12-15-2006, 07:46 PM
It is sad to me to hear someone who calls himself/herself
a "believer" while only quoting the organized
clergy of their own religion--instead of quoting all the
Prophets. The cleriges of all 3 organized religions are the
very people whose interpretations of their own Holy Book have
bred hatreds and divisions and endless bloodshed throughout
monotheism's history.

I "blame" the clergies of the religions because I don't
believe "laymen" will read the Hebrew, Christian and Muslim
Scriptures and draw conclusions such as you've written here!
The clergies are feeding you that stuff! I've been studying
ALL THREE BOOKS for many many years--as Muhammad, himself,
urged people to do, when, for example, he told us that the
Koran "confirms the Scriptures which came before it and
stands as a guardian over them" (The Table 5:48). I've also
written a book combining the teachings of ALL the Prophets
from Abraham through Muhammad. And I maintain a website and a
blog discussing what we learn about our Lord God and our
promised Messiah from ALL the Prophets. The Prophets NEVER
contradict each other--only the clergymen do that!

The Jews were expelled from the Promised Land when they
neglected and perverted the teachings delivered by their
Prophets--as members of all 3 religions are still doing! In
fact, the Hebrews were told ahead of time--by Moses and by
other Prophets--that they would be expelled for their
trespasses. But they were ALSO told they would be restored,
and they would
become "a name and praise among all the peoples of the earth"
(Zechariah 3:20.)

When Christian and Muslim clergies throw out God's promises
to the Jews, they are making the severe errors that are
driving us into a nuclear war--when we will suffer the "gross
darkness" of a nuclear winter that the
Prophets foretold (Isaiah 60:2). We urgently need to turn
our hearts to each other BY BELIEVING ALL THE PROPHETS (as
Muhammad specifically advised). But our proud, arrogant
clergymen have interpreted their own Books in ways that make
their religion right and the others wrong or obsolete--and
you've believed them!

Be wise, open your ears and your mind to ALL the Prophets--
not the clergies that twist what was said to glorify
their "own."

mariam.
12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Peace be upon you all:
Ms. Jayda it's nice to meet you in this lovely sit .. And thank you so much to your response and regard.
First of all you ask me about our relation with God !
Maybe I can't explain to you the wonderment and beauty inside of it.
It's give you peace and respose in your heart,mind and spirit
“And He is The Ever-Forgiving, The Ever-Affectionate”

The kindness and love we have to the dear people to us is all just a little part of the kindness and love God has for us.

The ever-affectionate wants us to complain to Him, tell him about our hardships, and to have this close relationship with him...There is a difference between asking Allah for something, and just talking to him about your problems, and remembering how close he is to you.* Telling Allah about your concerns is an act of worship that has its own beauty, and is very special because of how close it makes you feel you are to God .* The Quran mentions that through the story of the mother of Virgin Mary (Maryam) as related in the ayah that can be translated as, “Lord! Surely I have vowed to you what is in my belly in dedication; so (graciously) accept (it) from me. Surely You, (Ever) You, are The Ever-Hearing, The Ever-Knowing. So, as soon as she brought her forth, (i.e. gave birth to her) she said, “Lord! Surely I have brought her forth, a female.” And Allah knows best what she brought forth, and the male is not as the female. “And surely I have named her Maryam. (Mary) And surely I take refuge with You for her and her offspring from the outcast Ash- shaytan.” (The all vicious, i.e., the Devil) (TMQ, 3:35-36).
Mary’s mother had a very close relationship with Allah.* She talked to him about all her thoughts and hardships.* Now, when she faced the problem of delivering a girl instead of a boy as she thought she would, Allah did not turn her away.* He replied saying, what can be translated as, “Then, her Lord graciously accepted her with fair acceptance, and caused her to grow a fair growth, and He made Zakariyya (Zechariah) her sponsor. Whenever Zakariyya entered the Chamber to her, he found (a) provision in her presence. He said, “O Maryam however does this (come) to you?” She said, “It is from the Providence of Allah; surely Allah provides whomever He decides without reckoning” (TMQ, 3:37)

*The word Allah is the Arabic term for God. Although the use of the word "Allah" is most often associated with Islam, it is not used exclusively by Muslims; Arab Christians and Arabic-speaking Jews also use it to refer to the One God. The Arabic word expresses the unique characteristics of the One God more precisely than the English term. Whereas the word "Allah" has no plural form in Arabic, the English form does, and the word 'Allah' in Arabic has no connotation of gender. Allah is the God worshipped by all Prophets, from Adam to Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

I will keep doing tomorw because Iam sleepy now .. I hope you appreciate my write .. And thank you again
peace

- Qatada -
12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi Jane. :)

First of all, we accept the previous scriptures [the Old Testament, the Gospel etc.] When these verses were sent down to the prophets, it was upto the nation to preserve it.

We know that from among them, there were some people who distorted them. Why was this? Because they wanted to follow their own whims and desires. For instance we know that there are so much copies of the Bible today, each with its own different interpretation. None of these are in the original language, and we know that if a scriptures not in its original language - then it's just a translation, its not the actual scripture. [Look at the bible, and ask yourself why you're using that specific version, why can't it just be that you get the original one? The reason for this is because the original doesn't remain. What does this mean? It mean's that you can't compare any of these versions to see what the original message sent down to Jesus was.]

Therefore, we as muslims do believe that the previous scriptures were revealed to the prophets of the earlier nations, however - these got distorted, even though it was upto these people to preserve the message which was sent to their prophet. And we can rightly say that it doesn't exist no more.

Due to the fact that these scriptures were distorted, and the people started worshipping others besides Allaah, and said things about Him which they shouldn't have said (i.e. we're God's children etc.) Allaah sent the message to the final prophet - Muhammad (peace be upon him.) Muhammad (peace be upon him) would come to confirm what was in the previous scriptures [calling to the worship of Allaah/God Alone without any associates] and this message would be for all of mankind (instead of just for the children of Isra'eel.) This message will be preserved by Allaah, and no-one is able to alter it by Allaah's Mercy. We know that till this day [since over 1400yrs ago] the Qur'an is still in arabic and is still preserved the same way it was over 1400yrs ago.

Why you may ask? Why did Allaah not preserve the message of the previous prophets, yet He preserves the message of Muhammad (peace be upon him)? The answer to this is simple. When Allaah sent a messenger to his people, it was upto the people to preserve the message, but they never had to spread it to different parts of the world. However, the message given to Muhammad (peace be upon him) was for the whole world, so Allaah has preserved it, but it is our duty to spread it to mankind. [If you feel this is wrong, you will find verses from the bible which claim Jesus (peace be upon him) being commanded to “Go to the lost sheep of the House of Israel!” Matthew 10:6]

Whereas Muhammad (peace be upon him) is being told:

"Say: 'O mankind! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth." (Qur'an 7:158)

If you use try reading the Qur'an, you may find things which you find confusing, or verses which you don't understand. You may even accidentally take the verses out of context, so i'd just like to point out that the Qur'an can't be interpreted to our own understanding, rather - it should be understood according to how the Messenger of Allaah, and his companions understood it, due to the fact that they lived it throughout their life.

Therefore you'll have to look at the sciences of tafseer to get a true understanding of the interpretation of the Qur'an. You can do that by visiting these sites insha'Allaah (God willing: )

http://www.tafsir.com/

http://www.theholybook.org/

We don't totally reject the previous scriptures, we believe that they were original once upon a time. Think of it this way, the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Final Testament (the Qur'an.) The Final Testament confirms what was in the previous scriptures, yet whatever was fabricated/distorted in the previous scriptures has been refuted in the Qur'an/Final Testament, and the Authentic Sunnah [prophetic way/sayings etc.]

Yet by Allaah's Mercy there are still parts of the Bible which havn't been distorted which prophecise the coming of the final messenger - Muhammad (peace be upon him.):

Read more:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...sed-bible.html

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

mariam.
12-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Peace be upon you all:
Hi Ms. Jayda how are you? I hope you are right
I come back to continue our discussion about relation with our god .. Now I will leave you with your heart to read:
Our prophet mohammad peace be upon him said in a sacred hadith: the Prophet peace be upon him mentioned that Allah said: “Myself, Mankind and Jinn are in a great serious state. I create them, then they worship other gods that they make for themselves; I bless them with my bounties, then they thank someone else for what I sent them; My Mercy descends to them while their evil deeds ascend to Me; I endear them with my gifts even though I have no need to any of them while they alienate themselves from Me with their sins even though they are desperate for my help. Whoever returns to Me, I accept him no matter how far he is; and whoever turns away from Me, I approach him and call on him. Whoever leaves a sin for my sake, I reward him with many gifts and whoever seeks to please Me, I seek to please him. Whoever acknowledges My Will and Power in whatever he does, I make the iron bend for his sake. My dear people are those who are with Me (i.e. whoever would like to be with Me, let him supplicate to Me and remember Me). Whoever thanks Me, I grant him more blessings; whoever obeys Me, I raise him and endear him more. Whoever disobeys Me, I keep the doors of My Mercy open for him; if he returns to Me, I bestow him with My Love since I love those who repent and purify themselves for My Sake. If he does not repent, I still treat him by putting them in hardship to purify him. Whoever favors Me over others, I favor them over others. I reward every single good deed ten times over or seven hundred times over to countless times over. I count every single bad deed as one unless the person repents and ask for My Forgiveness in which case I forgive even that one. I take into account any little good deed and I forgive even major sins. My Mercy supersedes My Anger; My Tolerance supersedes My Blame; My Forgiveness supersedes My Punishment as I am more merciful with My slaves than a mother with her child."How we Do not feel ashamed after all that we have just read? Do we still eat the food that Allah has forbidden us to eat? Do we still lie? Are we still dishonest? Do we still not observe Allah in all our deeds? Do still refuse to live for Allah’s sake?
In another Hadith the Prophet (PBUH) told us that Allah (SWT) said, “ O, Dawood (David), if those (people) who stay away from Me know how much I love them and long for their return, they would have rushed back to Me flying (i.e. unable to wait). If this is My Desire towards those people who are not on My Path, how much do you think is My Desire towards those people who are steadfast on My Path?”Glory be to Allah the One.
How could you still persist on disobeying Allah instead of loving Him and trying to please Him?
It is as if Allah is the one looking for you and calling you to return to Him.
If, after you learned all this about Allah’s Mercy, we still insist on not feeling ashamed of our sins?
I am so sorry If I annoy you .. And thank you so much becouse you continue reading my answer to the last ..
Peace

mariam.
12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
To return to the original question, when I hear the word 'Islam' I don't think so much of the Middle East, but of what I see in my neighbourhood:
I think of people wanting to protect their way of life and people keeping themselves isolated for the rest of society.
I think of people I could be friends with, if only I knew how!

Peace
Peace be upon you all:
Ms. Glo :
Thank you for this poitive answer that display the reality of our relation with non muslem society..
In this relation that seems to you on this life picture every day
Have it's positive and negative our religion told us to preserve our manners and belief even if we are in another society that have different tradition ..
But , in another side God said : "O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things " ..
Yes we should partner the others .. We should know them and cohabit with them ;but, we have to protect ourselves..
Nothing prevent between you and to be friend with us if you regard our belief and understand us and so we are ..
Your friend mariam.

Muslim Woman
12-19-2006, 12:45 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Confusion is the first word. I find the religion of Islam confusing. Before I came on here when I thought of Islam I thought of muslims. Angry muslims that wanted to dominate the world. I'm always reading newspapers. When I heard about the muslims that killed a lad in Scotland for just "being white" I was furious. I also saw on the front page that muslims had vandalised British troops' homes, again I was furious.
Media always relate religion with crime when the alleged criminal is a Muslim. Same print & electronic media don't do this when non-Muslims commit more serious crimes. Media never bash Jesus (p) or condemn Bible for what Hitler did. Media don't put blame on Chrsitianity for the massacre Bush & Blair are doing in Iraq. Media don't condemn Torah for the ethnic cleansing Israel is doing in Palestine. But media bash the Last Prophet (p) or the Final Testament for any wrong doing of ordinary Muslims .

EVER WONDER?

Why a nun can be covered from head to toe and she’s respected for devoting herself to God,

and when a Muslim woman does that, she is ‘oppressed’?

Why a Jew can grow a beard and he’s just practicing his faith, and when a Muslim does that, he is an extremist ?

When a western woman stays at home to take after the house and kids, she is sacrificing herself and doing good for the household; but when a Muslim woman does that she ‘needs to be liberated’?

Why is that when a child dedicates himself to a subject he has POTENTIAL and when a child dedicates himself to Islam, he is HOPELESS?

When a Christian or Jew kills someone, Religion is NOT mentioned,

But when a Muslim is charged with a crime, It is Islam that goes to Trial?

But then again, why is after all that,
Islam is still the FASTEST GROWING RELIGION in the world?

:happy: :okay: :p :)

Pl. visit link & Enjoy English and Arabic Flash Nasheeds

http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~sm598/disco...everwonder.swf

Ghurabaa by 'sa'ad al ghamidi'
Related links:

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine46.html
Israeli Child Killers: Documentary Proof
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine29.html
THE WORLD MUST KNOW!

http://www.invitation2truth.com/islam/Hijab10.html
The Veil in Christianity

Jayda
12-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Peace be upon you all:
Hi Ms. Jayda how are you? I hope you are right
I come back to continue our discussion about relation with our god .. Now I will leave you with your heart to read:
Our prophet mohammad peace be upon him said in a sacred hadith: the Prophet peace be upon him mentioned that Allah said: “Myself, Mankind and Jinn are in a great serious state. I create them, then they worship other gods that they make for themselves; I bless them with my bounties, then they thank someone else for what I sent them; My Mercy descends to them while their evil deeds ascend to Me; I endear them with my gifts even though I have no need to any of them while they alienate themselves from Me with their sins even though they are desperate for my help. Whoever returns to Me, I accept him no matter how far he is; and whoever turns away from Me, I approach him and call on him. Whoever leaves a sin for my sake, I reward him with many gifts and whoever seeks to please Me, I seek to please him. Whoever acknowledges My Will and Power in whatever he does, I make the iron bend for his sake. My dear people are those who are with Me (i.e. whoever would like to be with Me, let him supplicate to Me and remember Me). Whoever thanks Me, I grant him more blessings; whoever obeys Me, I raise him and endear him more. Whoever disobeys Me, I keep the doors of My Mercy open for him; if he returns to Me, I bestow him with My Love since I love those who repent and purify themselves for My Sake. If he does not repent, I still treat him by putting them in hardship to purify him. Whoever favors Me over others, I favor them over others. I reward every single good deed ten times over or seven hundred times over to countless times over. I count every single bad deed as one unless the person repents and ask for My Forgiveness in which case I forgive even that one. I take into account any little good deed and I forgive even major sins. My Mercy supersedes My Anger; My Tolerance supersedes My Blame; My Forgiveness supersedes My Punishment as I am more merciful with My slaves than a mother with her child."How we Do not feel ashamed after all that we have just read? Do we still eat the food that Allah has forbidden us to eat? Do we still lie? Are we still dishonest? Do we still not observe Allah in all our deeds? Do still refuse to live for Allah’s sake?
In another Hadith the Prophet (PBUH) told us that Allah (SWT) said, “ O, Dawood (David), if those (people) who stay away from Me know how much I love them and long for their return, they would have rushed back to Me flying (i.e. unable to wait). If this is My Desire towards those people who are not on My Path, how much do you think is My Desire towards those people who are steadfast on My Path?”Glory be to Allah the One.
How could you still persist on disobeying Allah instead of loving Him and trying to please Him?
It is as if Allah is the one looking for you and calling you to return to Him.
If, after you learned all this about Allah’s Mercy, we still insist on not feeling ashamed of our sins?
I am so sorry If I annoy you .. And thank you so much becouse you continue reading my answer to the last ..
Peace
gracias Mariam, that answers my question :)

matobosha
12-25-2006, 02:07 PM
tHESE ARE DIFFICULT ISSUES TO COMPREHEND AND DISCUSS. I commend the thoughtful answer given by Fisabillllah

mariam.
12-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Peace be upon you all :
I thank you becouse of your intelligent and active answers..
Now, can I ask another question :
What about the moslem women ? How do you think about them? What about hijab [veil]? Do you think that it's injure, imprison, repress her ? If you are a moslem women do you agree to observe it? And why? I am waiting for you all … peace

mariam.
12-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Peace be upon you :
I don't know why your answer disapeared .. Not problem thank god I read it ..:statisfie
Ms. Jayda thank you so much for this explicit answer that I regard it .
But I have another thought about it I hope you agree with..
First of all there is apoint if you search every page in the history pages you will find this unjust look toward women
Maybe I don't know why .. But I think this look doesn't belong to God teaching .. It's come from our inside men and women.
Have you ever read that the french law until 1938 prevent the women to contracting without her husband or father agreement .. Whereas islam allow her to control her money with out any authority.
Islam freed us from this inferior look and ensure our purity and dignity ..
Now I will leave you with this koranic verses:
"say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.
And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms …"
"O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them. That will be better, so that they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah (SWT) is ever Forgiving, Merciful."
Our god order us men and women to preserve our modesty ..
He put in us this appetite then he congratulate it when we honor it to the right direction .. Marriage
" Among His Signs is this, that He created you from dust; and then, behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)
And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are signs for those who reflect."As well prophet mohammad peace be upon him said :
(Asma, when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it is not appropriate that anything besides this and this is visible of her. He said this while pointing towards his face and his hands.)Our religion doesn't order us to stay at home rather it's order us to be responsible for the society. With our family, with our children, on the streets (in public), at our jobs, with our relatives and our neighbours, these are all our responsibility.
"O Consorts of the Prophet ye are not like any of the (other) women: if ye do fear (God), be not too complaisant of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire: but speak ye a speech (that is) just "Yes it's ask us to preserve our femininity only for our good ..
They accuse the Qur’an of directing its speech in the masculine form; therefore, some assume it is talking only to men. In actual fact, the Qur’an talks in the singular form, which is masculine, and that’s because the grammatical rules of Arabic demand that. It would be impossible to speak to both (in plural) in every verse. When Allah says in the Qur’an, what can be translated as, “..and Allah sets forth, as an example to those who believe….” , what do we expect? We expect that He mentions Prophet Noah or moses (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them) or the believer in Surat Yasin; any of the great men. But, in the Qur’an Allah says what can be translated as, “And Allah sets forth, as an example to those who believe, the wife of pharaoh….” and this verse is liable to answer the accusations that are directed to religion which presume that religion says that women are deficient in intelligence and religion.
Where Allah says what can be translated as, And Allah sets forth, as an example to those who believe, He means to clarify for equally both men and women to follow an example in beliefs. The verse is meant to be an example to all humanity. When he gives the second example, we expect that example to be a man.
For the second time, the role model we should take example of is a woman named Maryam (Mary), the daughter of Umran. But why does Allah want the good example of a believer on this earth to be of a woman? And why was the figure to resemble perfect submission to him to be that of a woman? Because the two main problems that lead to a corrupt world, are: 1) money and fame 2) Chastity. These are two main factors that mislead men and, eventually, the world. That’s why Allah has given us those two examples
The wife of Pharaoh where she says what can be translated as, “she said: "O my Lord! Build for me, in nearness to Thee, a mansion in the Garden….” She says a mansion in paradise, not a castle in paradise, as she used to live in a castle on the Nile River. And her husband used to say, “Am I not the king of Egypt and all those rivers run under my feet.” She was not interested in the fame and money of Pharaoh. She refused money, glory and fame and preferred a house in Paradise. She resisted against the temptation of money and fame, and thus, is better by Allah than most men. Because of her resistance to the temptation of money and fame, she became an example for those men who let money and fame tempt and corrupt them.
Mariam the daughter of Umran that kept her virginity. She is an example for libidinal men and woman who are tempted by the other sex. This is our religion, which heightens the value of the woman.
There is a lot of stories in our history show us this high stature of us ..
But this bad picture that come from abusive tradition cover this shining picture of islam .. peace

mariam.
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
:laugh: where are you Ms. jayda?

ژاله
01-13-2007, 06:45 PM
peace!!!!!!!!
sis mariam. here???wow!good job lol
missing jayda too much?
she is offline:) lol

Pygoscelis
01-13-2007, 07:06 PM
When I hear the word "Islam" the first associated words that flash through my mind are "Surrender", "Conformity", and "Obedience".

mariam.
01-13-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faizi
peace!!!!!!!!
sis mariam. here???wow!good job lol
missing jayda too much?
she is offline:) lol
peace be upon you:
that's wonderful to see you here sis faizi!!
what a charming girl you are .. thank again
write to you soon :thankyou:

Keltoi
01-14-2007, 05:15 AM
I guess the first thing I think of when I hear the word "Islam" is God. All the politics and dogma associated with Islam is a different issue for me. The three great monotheistic religions have more in common than anything that might divide us, and it is a great tragedy that we seem to be so alienated from each other. Imagine the world we could live in if all three religions worked together to improve our planet. Obviously we have our doctrinal differences, but that shouldn't lead to the fairly antagonistic relationship that now exists.

glo
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I guess the first thing I think of when I hear the word "Islam" is God. All the politics and dogma associated with Islam is a different issue for me. The three great monotheistic religions have more in common than anything that might divide us, and it is a great tragedy that we seem to be so alienated from each other. Imagine the world we could live in if all three religions worked together to improve our planet. Obviously we have our doctrinal differences, but that shouldn't lead to the fairly antagonistic relationship that now exists.
Amen to that! :)

Peace

mariam.
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
When I hear the word "Islam" the first associated words that flash through my mind are "Surrender", "Conformity", and "Obedience".
Peace be upon who follow the truth and seek for it:
Mr. pygoscelis thank you for your respond that I agree with.
And I have nothing to say except this koranic verses:
"And whoever obeys Allah and the Apostle, these are with those upon whom Allah has bestowed favors from among the prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the good, and a goodly company are they!
This is grace from Allah, and sufficient is Allah as the Knower."(4,69-70)
"So be careful of (your duty to) Allah and set aright matters of your difference, and obey Allah and His Apostle if you are believers.
Those only are believers whose hearts become full of fear when Allah is mentioned, and when His communications are recited to them they increase them in faith, and in their Lord do they trust.
Those who keep up prayer and spend (benevolently) out of what We have given them.
These are the believers in truth; they shall have from their Lord exalted grades and forgiveness and an honorable sustenance." (8,1-2-3-4)
Finally I want to thank you again for your partnership that I regard .. And I ask you to read "struggling to surrender" by D. jeffery lang maybe it can help you.
peace :statisfie

mariam.
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
peace be upon who follow the truth and seek for it:
I am so happy to read your respond .. your honest words touch my heart
:laugh:

Imagine the world we could live in if all three religions worked together to improve our planet.
and I ask God to make this imagination become true .. amen

"recite that which has been revealed to you of the Book and keep up prayer; surely prayer keeps (one) away from indecency and evil, and certainly the remembrance of Allah is the greatest, and Allah knows what you do.
And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit."

thanks .. :statisfie

Jayda
01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
:laugh: where are you Ms. jayda?
hola mariam

i am so sorry! i thought i asked for my post to be deleted... and i did not know this thread was moved. my first post i thought might offend people so i asked for it to be taken away... but gracias for your answer, that does clear certain things up for me... but i am still concerned this topic will turn heated quickly so perhaps it is best we leave it with your kind explanation...

Dios te bendiga

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.