/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Degree

Pure Imaan
12-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

I really want to do an islamic degree but my parents are hesistating and telling me there is no point as I will not get a job by doing this particular degree. I wanted to ask if anyone here is doing an islamic degree to inform me of the jobs it leads to.

Also I was thinking maybe if i do take this degree on board and inshallah completing it successfully maybe I can go into teaching but what do I need to do in order to be a teacher. I truly appreciate any replies I recieve and the help I gain from you all, jazakhallah for reading and replying to my thread. May ALLAH (swt) bestow His Mercy and Blessings upon us ALL, inshallah....ameen.

Take care brothers and sisters

Assalamualaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
soulsociety
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
:sl:

It's true, won't get you into a job. You will have to do a PGCE after your degree to become a teacher. Or you could study a teaching degree in the first place.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2006, 06:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Imaan

I really want to do an islamic degree but my parents are hesistating and telling me there is no point as I will not get a job by doing this particular degree. I wanted to ask if anyone here is doing an islamic degree to inform me of the jobs it leads to.

Also I was thinking maybe if i do take this degree on board and inshallah completing it successfully maybe I can go into teaching but what do I need to do in order to be a teacher. I truly appreciate any replies I recieve and the help I gain from you all, jazakhallah for reading and replying to my thread. May ALLAH (swt) bestow His Mercy and Blessings upon us ALL, inshallah....ameen.

Assalamualaikum

:sl: brothers and sisters.
sis, maybe you can teach what you may learn to little kids, or to a bunch of sisters that meet once a week, or something like that. Do you have to get a teaching degree?? no offence intended.

boriqee
12-19-2006, 08:32 AM
well, with only the degree, you could possibly very easily get a job in Saudi Arabia

if staing in the states or euro, then maybe that pcpe or whatever it was will help

itf you plan on staying in kuffar lands, then if you really wanted an Islamic degree, then 2 degrees may be beneficial, or you could phd it and become professor at a university.

asalamau laiakum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamicgirl
12-20-2006, 10:11 PM

i dont think so as i am willing to do islamic studies as my degree.

i know that u can teach islamic studies in an islamic school or schools who provide islamic studies subjects.

Takumi
12-27-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Imaan

Assalamualaikum

The purpose of getting an Islamic degree should be to include yourself in the verse that Allah has said:

28 And of men and AdDawab (moving living creatures, beasts, etc.), and cattle, in like manner of various colours. It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah. Verily, Allah is AllMighty, OftForgiving.

Faatir

Ask yourself this question:

If, in the course of your getting a degree in Islam, and suddenly, God forbids, you're unable to speak due to illness and you ultimately become mute, other than that, you're perfectly healthy human being; would you continue studying?

If your intention is primarily to put yourself in a group who fears Allah, then, you should continue, regardless.

Being knowledgeable in Islam brings many benefits one of which you will truly fear Allah and will make you more pious. Then, if you're skilled enough, you can teach others.

Teaching is a science and can be acquired through proper training.

I commend your effort to become knowledgeable in Islam and may Allah make it easy for you.

Ameen.

Woodrow
12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
An Islamic degree is wonderfull and to be treasured. But, it does not help for employment.

Remember that to be able to enjoy the benefits of an Islamic degree, there will have to be people in the workforce to help provide for your needs. Each of us has to look at the whole picture, not just our personal desires. Are we to be the providers or are we of the few destined for a Pure Islamic calling?

Saudi Arabia had the luxury of being able to afford to do away with all secular teachings in the schools and concentrate on pure Islamic Degrees. The sad part is they ended up with few people who had work abilities and as a result now need to send students to Western Schools to become employable. Sometimes a good thing can have bad results.

Look carefully at your reasons for wanting an Islamic Degree, if it is for your own desire, that may be for the wrong reason. If you have sufficient evidence to know it is the best way for you to serve Allah(swt) do not let anything or anybody stop you.

Pure Imaan
12-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Jazakhallah for all your comments, I truly appreciate them all, May ALLAH (swt) bless you all. I again spoke to my parents and they have given me the freedom to do the degree of my choosing, I myself do not intend to work this is why I want to do an islamic degree as it will benefit me, strengthen my imaan, increase my taqwa and other advantages, I really love ALLAH (swt) and wish to make Him happy at all times.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.