/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mary the mother of jesus..

hamidah
12-14-2006, 09:44 PM
:sl: Assalamu Alaykom Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh...

my fellow muslims i only have questions about mary and i would like to ask honestly people i was watching sheikh khaled yasin's video that is called "Jesus the prophet of Allah" so the sheikh says that mariama had a son and she was married after she had jesus and had son named james is that true i never heard of it b4 this dvd i watched so plz donate ur time to correct me or tell me if its true or not:?

JAZAKUMULLAH...:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hamidah
12-14-2006, 09:46 PM
yeah plz send feedback....

glo
12-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Greetings, hamidah

I cannot give you a Islamic view on this, but what you say is supported in the Bible.

Jesus is reported to have had several brothers, one of which was called James:
When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?" they asked. "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" (Matthew13:55)
James is also believed to be the author of one of the letters in the New Testament.

Hope this helps ...

Peace :)

Muezzin
12-14-2006, 09:58 PM
How come this is in the marriage section?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM
James was the son of Mary and the brother of John. He was killed on the order of King Herod.

Umar001
12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamidah
:sl: Assalamu Alaykom Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh...

my fellow muslims i only have questions about mary and i would like to ask honestly people i was watching sheikh khaled yasin's video that is called "Jesus the prophet of Allah" so the sheikh says that mariama had a son and she was married after she had jesus and had son named james is that true i never heard of it b4 this dvd i watched so plz donate ur time to correct me or tell me if its true or not:?

JAZAKUMULLAH...:w:

Wa Aleykum Salam Wa Rhametulahi Wa Berekatu,

Did he say that? I'm gonna have to watch that again then, wow, erm, it does ring bells from Christianity. I have yet to see an islamic source for this, I dont think there is one.

mohammed farah
12-15-2006, 12:21 AM
i tought jesus was the only son of mary

Skillganon
12-15-2006, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
How come this is in the marriage section?
Use your power of MOD and move it to the appropriate section.

Al_Imaan
12-15-2006, 01:48 AM
if it's not stated in the Quran..then it's not true...the best source to use is the Quran and from my understanding Mary was never married

Umar001
12-15-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
i tought jesus was the only son of mary

I think Islamically that is the view brother.

syilla
12-15-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
if it's not stated in the Quran..then it's not true...the best source to use is the Quran and from my understanding Mary was never married
i too think...Mary never married...and how come she can have another child :?

can someone please clarify this as soon as possible...

BlissfullyJaded
12-15-2006, 09:13 AM
:sl:

*Thread Moved*

Malaikah
12-15-2006, 09:25 AM

I have never heard of this either. Are you sure he didnt say that was the Biblical versions of events?

Why do Christians call her the Virgin Mary if she got married? :?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

:salamext:

this is exactly what i was thinking :?

glo
12-15-2006, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

this is exactly what i was thinking :?
Because Christians believe that Mary conceived Jesus through God's intervention and without having intercourse. She was a virgin when she conceived, carried and gave birth to Jesus.
That doesn't mean she died a virgin.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
12-15-2006, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Because Christians believe that Mary conceived Jesus through God's intervention and without having intercourse. She was a virgin when she conceived, carried and gave birth to Jesus.
That doesn't mean she died a virgin.

Peace
lol now that seems so obvious, thanks Glo, nice of you to not laugh at me lol

Malaikah
12-15-2006, 11:07 AM

^lol bro even I realised that before I asked the question, but it still seemed a bit weird to me, so I asked, but it really isnt something important.

YusufNoor
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786

Assalamu 'alaykum,

A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I'm sorry to pick on this particular reply, but may Allah(SWT) guide us to the knowledge we need and that will help us.

being a recent revert, one of the things i've marvelled about the Qur'an is that we are told explicitly in places that it doesn't tell us everything! we don't know ALL the names of Allah(SWT), we don't know the entire story of the Jews, we are told that there are many more Prophets(as) than mentioned in the Qur'an.

i think i can prove my point with this: the Qur'an tells us that the original Injeel preached by Isa/Jesus(as) has been changed/modified. ALL Muslims agree with this, yes? that original Injeel is NOT in the Qur'an is it?? therefore, if the intial statement was correct, then there could be no original Injeel cuz it's not in the Qur'an!

actually, i believe that we won't realize everything that IS in the Qur'an until Qiyama! it's waaaaay tooo deeep!

but if we're NOT taught something, maybe we don't NEED to know it!

such as, by show of hands, how many Muslims are going to become apostates IF Mariam/Mary(as) got married and had other children after the birth of Jesus??

any??

i didn't think so!

if you want to know so you can "slam" Christians with knowlegde, i suggest that is NOT a good reason. go read the Qur'an, some Tafseer, Ahadith or Seerah.

if you are generally interested in something out of the Bible, please make sure that you have time and available "brain resources" to understand the matter.

the reason why Brothers Yusuf Estes and Shayk Khalid Yasin so such fascinating work in this arena is because they were aware of all the material BEFORE they reverted.

it's complicated stuff! if it weren't, there would be alot fewer "denominations" in Christianity.

i discuss some particular aspects of the "Jesus Movement" only because it was one of my main fields of interests over the last 3 decades. i'm at a disadvantage NOW, because i barely have time to read Qur'an and Seerah, let alone Ahadith. i do get some listening time at work now and then for Tafseer and Seerah and sometimes the Qur'an, but i have no time to go back and read some of the works i may bring up now and again.

as my old boss would say, "there's no doubt in my military mind" about some changes in faith, tradition and scripture. THOSE i discuss, others i should probably leave alone ( a recent post comes to mind! :heated: ) :giggling:

glo put a text that i believe states the current belief of Christians in this matter. the vast majority too!

unless we come across a Hadith that contradicts it, what's the problem?

i think it would interesting to challenge all the Muslim brothers and sisters here. those who have the time and resources, let's find as many things we can AGREE with Christians instead of disagree!

of course, i still intend to persue matters relating to the Sabbath, Easter, Christmas and a few others, but i'm mainly dealing with Grace Seeker on these issues. although, i might leave the Christmas debate alone until January. i UNDERSTAND how large an issue it is for alot of Christians. (tho i might kid Gene on something :okay:)

Brother Al, forgive me for using your post for this, as there are quite a few posts BY MUSLIMS recently that i should have challenged as regard to their usefullness or sincerity. but i think they would have gotten upset with me.

this is an incomplete post, but it's time for wudu and Fajr!

Salaam

:wasalamex

SirDemonic
12-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Virgin mary yup that jesus mum alright,

she just had the 1 kid I think.... :playing:

apart from BBC showing this program claiming she was R****ed..... :grumbling

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.