/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh Ahmed Ali lectures

al_faaris574
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
:sl:

Shaykh Ahmad Ali emigrated from Pakistan to the United Kingdom at an early age. After completing his secular studies, he enrolled at Darul Uloom Al-Arabiya Al-Islamiya, a madrasa located in Northern England. There, he successfully completed the traditional Islamic studies course under the guidance of some of the best scholars in England.

Shaykh Ahmad Ali focused his attention on the sciences of aqidah, fiqh, hadith and tafseer. After graduating, Shaykh Ahmad Ali established the al-Mahad Al-Islami in Bradford, England. This institution provides Islamic counseling, education and guidance to youth and university-age students in the area.

Shaykh Ahmad Ali has also authored a number of books, given lectures at numerous institutions, including a special series on the signs of the Day of Judgment. Popular for his dynamic style of speaking, Shaykh Ahmad Ali has traveled across the United Kingdom and to the West Indies to spread the message of Islam.

A large selection of his lectures can be downloaded here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
I recommed his little book on Imam Bukhari and the first lecture I heard, Love for the Prophet, it is very passionate, I love it loads!!

By the way what does Mahad mean? Alot of somalis have that name, Mahad, Mahdi.

habiibti
12-15-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I recommed his little book on Imam Bukhari and the first lecture I heard, Love for the Prophet, it is very passionate, I love it loads!!

By the way what does Mahad mean? Alot of somalis have that name, Mahad, Mahdi.
It literally means thanks,maybe they name it to show thanks to Allah?someone correct me if i am wrong.

*Umm_Umar*
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM

I went to a talk at the london muslim centre last sunday titled 'Whos side are we on' and Shaykh Ahmed Ali was there, his lecture had all the sisters in tears. Masha Allah his really good!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-Shakirah-
12-15-2006, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
It literally means thanks,maybe they name it to show thanks to Allah?someone correct me if i am wrong.

Actually I think it means something like 'foundation' or the 'root-of'

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-15-2006, 06:03 PM
jazakAllah

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Recherché

I went to a talk at the london muslim centre last sunday titled 'Whos side are we on' and Shaykh Ahmed Ali was there, his lecture had all the sisters in tears. Masha Allah his really good!

sounds good, any links to it sis?

al_faaris574
12-17-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
sounds good, any links to it sis?

The people who organised it have said the talks will be found soon on the following website inshaAllah.

http://www.as-sabiqoon.com/home.html

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.