/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How strong is your Islamic society?

Umm Yoosuf
12-15-2006, 04:44 PM
:sl:

Well I think the question self-explanatory.

How active is your Islamic society at UNi or college? How is the brotherhood/sisterhood?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
12-15-2006, 04:46 PM
:w:
We've got none. imsad

Umm Yoosuf
12-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Subhan Allah. I got one that isvided. Kinda like "themagainst us" it’s so frustrating. I don’t really know how to deal with it. :(

Al-Zaara
12-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Hmm, don't know which is worse. Not having one, or having one which is divided. imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sabbir_1
12-15-2006, 04:58 PM
gotta be careful now,govermant planning to spy on muslim students at uni and college if they turn to extremist or terrorists...

Umm Yoosuf
12-15-2006, 05:00 PM
we are watched are allllllllll the time! But that doesn't bother us we got nothing to hide.

Woodrow
12-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Although I am well past my college years. The Islamic Society at the University of Texas, here in Austin is very active and has an out reach onto the community. Some of the things I am aware of are Monthly get togethers for non-Muslim, Non-Students. Several of the members do tutoring in Arabic and many more community things.

Here is a Little information about them:

http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/msa/index.php

Don't forget to click on the links and search the site. Right now it is between semesters so there are no current activities.

habiibti
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Just a little suggestion for those who say they dont have any islamic society,every society has been started by someone,why not make that someone u.Talk to ur muslims friends and classmates,it can start with as little as homework help.insha Allah it will prosper

We have a good society but we can be stronger.Actually we do more out in da respective community than on campus.

Al-Zaara
12-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Very good idea. :)

But not in my swedish school, 'cause we are few, very few Muslims in the Swedish schools here in Finland. We're two Muslims in my school of about 400 students. Also, there are few swedish schools here. Few Muslims > few swedish speaking Muslims > few swedish speaking Muslims attending swedish school = Doesn't really work.

The finnish schools do have some, and alhamdulillah, they're all really good. :)
I'm going to attend one soon, insha'Allah. :D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Well I'm not sure if we have one, but there is a "Desi Club." But I wouldnt join it, too much fitna. Guys hangin wit girls n stuff. Even tho there are hijabis in it...
they do like shows...nah ill pass. Ive been thinking about it. Itd be really good i think.
Even if there is one, its prolly not very strong. i never hear of it.

Aaqib Ahmed
12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Salaam,

I haven't got one. :(

Its hard for me because I haven't got others round me to give me that drive in Islam,but alhumdulilah Allah has always inspired me through thoughts,dreams,and protected me always.

We have a tough test with lack of muslims round us,but remember Allah never burdens a soul beyond its ability,so trust Allah,remember Allah and make duas to Allah.

Heres a short poem from me,

Remember Allah the Al-Might,
inshallah he'll guide u to the light,
forget the darkness,neglect the night and follow the striaght path in sight,
Islam is the best,
keep Quran in chest,
nothing need next,
remember Allah,trust Allah,success will be next......

Inshallah u like my poem.

I put three poems in poem section but can't be viewed as I'm new member inshallah soon u will see the poem I won a prize with.

May Allah guide us always.Ameen.

:w:

England
12-15-2006, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
gotta be careful now,govermant planning to spy on muslim students at uni and college if they turn to extremist or terrorists...
That's because not enough muslims are speaking out against these extremists. They're not reporting them so the government has taken it into their own hands. It's all for our safety and if you have got nothing to hide you're fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.