/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oddly Enough... Man stops robbery via internet

lolwatever
12-15-2006, 06:35 PM
A Brazilian businessman travelling in Germany watched by live video as a burglar robbed his house on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean in Brazil.

He alerted the police, who rushed to the house and arrested the robber as he was trying on his clothes.

The businessman, Joao Pedro Wettlauser, was in Cologne this weekend when he received an alert on his cell phone from the security system in his beach house in Guaruja in Sao Paulo state, police said on Tuesday.

He logged on to his laptop and via the Internet saw live images of the burglar at work. He then phoned his wife, who was not at the house but called the local police.

"She told us the details about the thief and where in the house he was as we surrounded the house," police officer Americo Rodrigues told Reuters.

The burglar used a ladder to break into the house. When the police entered, he had a pile of goods such as the stereo system in the kitchen ready to be taken away, Rodrigues said.

"He was surprised when realized he was being seen by cameras connected to the Internet," Rodrigues said.

:rollseyes

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7...9,00180007.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-15-2006, 06:42 PM
^o) errrrrrr ryt.. datz not strange...:rollseyes

'Abd al-Baari
12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
not strange but intresting how technology has develpoped so much that a man was able to stop a burglar from taking his posseions from his house whilst on the other side of the atlantic ocean

Snowflake
12-15-2006, 07:50 PM
he was just lucky he was on the internet at the time.. and doesn't it cost a lot of money to be able to do that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MH-UK
12-15-2006, 08:42 PM
:sl:

he was alerted via his phone.

Snowflake
12-15-2006, 09:40 PM
tsk I didn't read the post properly.. but that security system must've cost a bomb.

lolwatever
12-15-2006, 11:15 PM
:lol: cant wait till ur able 2 talk2the robber via loud speaker , when the cops arrive i'd b like "muhahahahaha" n the poor bloke would cop a heart attack ;D

SirDemonic
12-15-2006, 11:18 PM
hahaha... Nice... ;D

I should do that :)

Make my home a safer place to live :okay:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-15-2006, 11:24 PM
hmmm... 'trying on his clothes' LOL robbers these days back in the days they used take what they can and run.

I wouldnt like to have that system in my house though...god knows who else is watching you online lol.

SirDemonic
12-15-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
hmmm... 'trying on his clothes' LOL robbers these days back in the days they used take what they can and run.

I wouldnt like to have that system in my house though...god knows who else is watching you online lol.
trying his clothes lmao oh yeah.... daaaamn wonder if had any disorders or.... beep.... LOLLL

robbers this days need size and waist lengths ;D

Malaikah
12-16-2006, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
:lol: cant wait till ur able 2 talk2the robber via loud speaker , when the cops arrive i'd b like "muhahahahaha" n the poor bloke would cop a heart attack ;D

LOL!! ;D

What kind of robber is this guy... he actually stops to try on some of the guys clothes?!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-16-2006, 03:10 AM
I guess he's a picky robber. Lol!

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
What kind of robber is this guy... he actually stops to try on some of the guys clothes?!
maybe he wanted to go under cover ;D :hiding:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
^^LoL!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.