/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nun convicted of insulting Muslims

Showkat
12-15-2006, 11:43 PM
A nun was convicted of religious harassment after ranting against 'terrorist' Muslims in the middle of London's busy Oxford Street.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?s...ous_harassment

Sister Ruth Augustus, 66, was fined £200 after she shouted at two women in full robes and veils "you're probably terrorists, get back to your own country".

Later she told cops who arrested her they should go back to Iraq and have their heads chopped off.

City of Westminster Magistrates Court heard how trouble flared when Augustus, a missionary who has worked with prostitutes in the developing world, was handing out prayer leaflets outside Debenhams department store on Easter Tuesday.

When people of Muslim appearance passed she called out "Jesus loves Muslims," but two ladies in traditional dress took offence.

Fellow leafleter, Tony Rollins, told the court: "The ladies answered back and told her shut her stupid mouth.

"Sister Ruth said to them 'you're probably terrorists, get back to your own country'. They gave her a long, hard stare before walking away.

"I was cringing at what she said. It made me feel very uneasy."

WPC Natasha Walker said she heard a 'commotion' outside the shop and went to investigate.

The officer said: "I heard someone shouting 'terrorists, terrorists' more than once. It's busy on Oxford Street, so she must have been shouting really loud.

"I turned round and noticed there were a group of people standing outside Debenhams. Sister Augustus was shouting 'terrorists' repeatedly and other things about Muslims.

"I asked her to stop, but she refused. She said 'I will not stop, I'm a nun'.

"Because she refused to stop I arrested her. She said 'You're not arresting me, I'm a nun. It's a waste of tax payers' money. You're arresting me because you're a Muslim.'"

WPC Walker called for for colleagues to help bundle the 'agitated and aggressive' into the back of the police van.

WPC Keeley Pemberton said when she arrived she heard Augustus shouting at PC Walker "Take your dirty hands off me, you're a Muslim."

After a night in police cells Augustus was bailed to return to Marylebone Police Station in June, but when her solicitor didn't show, she launched into another tirade, it was said.

She called the two officers morons, referred to one as 'WPC Muslim Walker', and shouted in the public waiting area "This is a Muslim country full of terrorists," the court heard.

WPC Pemberton said Augustus became increasingly 'agitated and abusive'.

She said: "I asked her to be quiet and she shouted 'Go back to Iraq' and was pointing at WPC Walker. She said it very aggressively.

"Then she looked at me and said 'You should go with her and both of you will get your heads chopped off'."

WPC Walker said: "She said to me 'you should go back to Iraq where you belong, where all the terrorists are. You are likely to be beheaded. You deserve it'."

When she was arrested again she ranted at officers "You're all morons, especially that Muslim - she's a chimpanzee and she needs to go back to the zoo with the other chimpanzees," WPC Pemberton said.

Augustus, who represented herself after sacking her lawyer early in the proceedings, was frequently told to be quiet as she heckled the witnesses.

While giving evidence, she insisted on wearing a large placard with a picture of Jesus on it round her neck.

She claimed she had in fact suggested to the officers that they should stop wasting time on her and instead go out and catch paedophiles and rapists, or go out to Iraq to help our troops fight terrorists.

Augustus accused police of "religious bigotry and hatred" and claimed she was handled roughly, locked in a cell when she was ill, and strip-searched in the street.

She said: "I was responding to extreme provocation. The police were abusing me and were acting in a most satanic, brutal and unprofessional manner. I felt entitled to call them chimpanzees because that is how they were behaving."

The reference to beheading she said was in reference to the catholic missionary Margaret Hassan, who was kidnapped and murdered by insurgents.

Augustus, of Kensington, was found guilty of two charges of religiously aggravated harassment.

District Judge Emma Arbuthnot told her: "I have no doubt at all that Sister Augustus's behaviour amounted to religiously aggravated harassment.

"This was extremely upsetting and rude behaviour which harassed and alarmed not just the officers but others who were around at the time.

"It is clear from her behaviour today that she was an extremely difficult defendant to deal with. The officers I'm sure dealt with her as best they could and cannot be criticised."

She was fined a total of £200 plus £40 court costs. The judge told the pensioner: "By rights you should pay compensation but I'm not going to make you as you are not in a position to pay any more."

Augustus replied: "It's a disgrace. If this is British justice, I'm going back to Africa. They are more civilised there." She vowed to appeal against her conviction in the highest court

Comment:

Christianity is portrayed in the media as a peace loving religion while Islam is shown as a violent and bloodthirsty religion. Muslims are violent and Christians are polite and calm.

The reality is different. The Crusades were launched by the clergy and Kings and resulted in killing of civilians, rape and plunder. Many extreme organisations like the Ku Klux Klan claim justifications based upon the bible. Christianity has a very clourful past indeed.

Do we get to read , hear and see all this in the media? Of course we dont, because Islam and Muslims take up all the front page and headlines.

Quite funny how this nun thinks, totally the opposite to Jesus ( Isa ) peace be upon him, instead of attacking and arguing with Secularists who allow Jusus to be insulted and abused in the name of fredom of expression,she picks a fight with Muslims who have nothing but love and respect for Isa peace be upon him and his family.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirDemonic
12-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Ignore them thats the best thing :)

let them rant and bark or even abuse or insult muslim and islam ignore them :)

Woodrow
12-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Just added some validity to my belief that the world is a Fruit cake and some slices get most of the nuts.

shariq_0189
12-15-2006, 11:53 PM
yeh things like this happen...hey it happened to our Prophet PBUH...he was stoned and cursed at, but never retaliated. I juss hope muslims dont make comments like this to other faiths, it really hurts me to see when people discriminate others because of faith...reagrdless of them being muslim or non muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rubiesand
12-16-2006, 01:00 AM
If the report is fully accurate, then I am disappointed that the Muslim sisters apparently responded to the insults with harsh words. I hope that is not the case.

We can be met with insults from time to time, but it is important to remember that we are Muslims, that we follow the way of the Envoy of Allah (may peace be upon him) and we must not respond to insults with further insult. Instead, we must remember the words of Allah in the Quran....

"And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!" (Quran 25:43)

:rose:

glo
12-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Wow! That's some story!
(I liked your post, Woodrow!! :giggling: )

I googled, but only found one other reference to this story - possibly because the incidence happened 9 months ago.

But ... it includes a picture of the good Sister Ruth ( and it probably isn't what you were expecting ...)
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

Needless to say, if the story is accurate, that's appaling behaviour for anybody, let alone a professed follower of Christ! :uhwhat

peace

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Wow, thats not good. But then adding more fuel to the fire isnt gunna help calm it down! Always a neg reaction, comeon...

Malaikah
12-16-2006, 01:30 AM
:sl:

Anger managment anyone?:offended: :uuh:

It is also a shame the way the Muslims replied. :rollseyes But serious the nun over reacted.

LOL@ Woodrow. ;D

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 05:15 PM
What the big deal? The last thing we need is muslims nit-picking christian offenders like the western media picks on muslims.

glo
12-16-2006, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
What the big deal? The last thing we need is muslims nit-picking christian offenders like the western media picks on muslims.
That's a very interesting point-of-view, Muslimah_Sis - and very loving, forgiving and humble too!
(Can't rep you again ... otherwise I would! :))

Peace

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Thank you Glo. :)

And don't worry, there's always other opportunites for repping. :giggling:

Iwant2no2
12-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I can see ranting against the so-called Muslim 'terrorist/insurgenst', but the Nun was wrong in ranting against the two Muslims ladies since they were the innocent people.

From what I see and read on many different news media's' these so-called Muslim terrorist/insurgents have hijacked much of the Islamic religion. Muslim extremists seem to have interpreted their faith as a license to kill foreign "enemies of God, and even kill their own Muslim brothers and sisters and children as well. We all can look at what's happening in Iraq, and much of the mideast right now and see what I am saying is the truth.

Since I have heard and read about Islam being a peaceful religion, it's the Muslim extremist that have truly hijacked Islam. Since suicide is forbidden in Islam, and the killing of innocents, then I truly think that these so-called Muslim terrorist/Insurgents are not only against the west and Christianity, and other religions, but are also against the true Islam believers, since they are also being killed too! The terrorist have put a fear in the hearts and minds of billions world wide.

I think all religious people' no matter what religion in this world should take a stand "together" and fight against the regression, as there truly is no justification of violence, or killing in any religious books.

Long before these so-called Muslim fanatics hijacked the American airliners, they also hijacked something more potent and precious to the true Muslims" the religion of Islam. It's time we all fight back, in anyway that we can. TRUE Muslims need to take back their religion, and prove to the world they are a truly peaceful people, because Muslim fanatics are putting a BIG twist in interpretation of Islam, I feel that is why the Nun said and did what she did, she is scared, just as millions more are scared. These terrorist have put enough fear in everyone, including true Muslims. Now all true Muslims needs to have the courage, and take back Islam from these hijackers. March in the streets of the worlds cities, carry signs that say things against these so-called Muslim want2be Terrorist, show them who is boss, if that is what it takes. Take back Islam, before it's to late. Believe me' they can't kill us all.

Take care.. :peace:

Umar001
12-16-2006, 07:05 PM
From Jesus loves Muslims to Take your dirty hands off me, you're a Muslim, and calling someone a chimpanzee.

Amazing!

Iwant2no2
12-16-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Wow! That's some story!

I googled, but only found one other reference to this story - possibly because the incidence happened 9 months ago.

But ... it includes a picture of the good Sister Ruth ( and it probably isn't what you were expecting ...)

Needless to say, if the story is accurate, that's appaling behaviour for anybody, let alone a professed follower of Christ! :uhwhat

peace
After checking out the URL you posted, could the person pictured be non other than a Nun want2be? I have never seen a Nun dressed like that. It looks like a extremist GUY holding a figurine of the Church, wearing a red hard hat, and red t-shirt. :? :giggling:

Take care...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Yea, why would a "Nun" dress like that....weirdo person. I honestly thought it was a guy rofl.

NoName55
02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Showkat

Comment:

Christianity is portrayed in the media as a peace loving religion while Islam is shown as a violent and bloodthirsty religion. Muslims are violent and Christians are polite and calm.

The reality is different. The Crusades were launched by the clergy and Kings and resulted in killing of civilians, rape and plunder. Many extreme organisations like the Ku Klux Klan claim justifications based upon the bible. Christianity has a very clourful past indeed.

Do we get to read , hear and see all this in the media? Of course we dont, because Islam and Muslims take up all the front page and headlines.

Quite funny how this nun thinks, totally the opposite to Jesus ( Isa ) peace be upon him, instead of attacking and arguing with Secularists who allow Jusus to be insulted and abused in the name of fredom of expression,she picks a fight with Muslims who have nothing but love and respect for Isa peace be upon him and his family.
So, who were the people who arrested her, bore witness against her, convicted and fined her? Were they extraterrestrials from mars or Christians from UK?

NoName55
02-22-2007, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
If the report is fully accurate, then I am disappointed that the Muslim sisters apparently responded to the insults with harsh words. I hope that is not the case.

We can be met with insults from time to time, but it is important to remember that we are Muslims, that we follow the way of the Envoy of Allah (may peace be upon him) and we must not respond to insults with further insult. Instead, we must remember the words of Allah in the Quran....

"And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!" (Quran 25:43)

:rose:
:sl:
The problem is that all that appears on the surface not necessarily the truth.

There are cultural Niqaabis, there are sisters in Hijâb, big difference between the 2.
:w:

Shukria
02-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Sounds like someone was losing her mind. ...I just have to laugh because outside that shop, there used to be a guy that used to say "Jesus loves you" everytime a Muslim would go past..He stands outside Hammersmith Broadway now...LOL

NoName55
02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
mad or not, the extra provocation she recieved from those women, did not help matters. Fact remains that Eesa ibn Marriam (P.B.U.H) Does Love us.

He(P.B.U.H) is Going to be sent back to earth By Allah S.W.T. to save us from the fake mahdi/dajjal/antichrist

Ma'asalaama

ABWAN
02-23-2007, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Wow! That's some story!

peace
I used to have a different picture of a nun in my mind. Boy, the picture in the url completely changed my perspective! From a traditional look to this...the 'nun world' looks to have changed quite a bit! I hope the priests still look the same as they used to!

On a personal level, I wish such incidents get more coverage. After all its only fair to give equal coverage to such people in all religions and not just nitpicking only islam. A muslim blogger getting arrested gets to bbc headlines, while such incidents don't? Come'on thats not fair!!!

Edit:
On second thought, I think what would have definitely made it to news headlines would have been IF those 2 muslim ladies rebuked back at this 'nun' instead of just giving a scare

Iwant2no2
02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I just googled this so-called Nuns name. Check it all out, this person is real questionable.... :?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...tus+is+not+nun

This person, {which I am not sure is female, or male}:omg: "just kidding" :X is all over the news... I found a site online that states this:
http://blogs.salon.com/0003494/2005/05/29.html
The Catholic Church has warned the public to steer clear of the mystery, homophobic Sister Ruth who claims nuclear war is imminent and the next Pope will be a Satanist. The Church said she is not from any recognised order, but there is little they can do about her calling herself a nun. It say's much, much more about her, it, whatever she/he is!! :rollseyes

Then on this site http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34 a girl who knows the so-called nun says this: She's not a nun, she's a fantacist and remale Walter Mitty. She lives in the same block of flats as my mother and is causing a nuisance and harrassing people. Recently been committed, she is now out and accusing everybody of assaulting her. - Leigh, London
A REMALE... OKKKKKKKK!! I guess that puts the cards on the table now.... as now a girl who says she knows her says she/he was a he... :omg: Did I say that right? :D

Here BBC news says this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4589897.stm
A woman claiming to be a Franciscan nun has twice been barred from boarding a flight from Shetland to Aberdeen.

And the plot thickens!! :statisfie

Take care.....

Pk_#2
02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Astaghfirullah,

miss.nun *tsk tsk* attention seeking,

May Allah protect the ummah. Ameen

May Allah guide us all to the straight path.

Peace :)

Talha777
02-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

These people are becoming increasingly fearful as Allah has frustrated their nefarious designs to cut us off from our religion and make us assimilate into their satanic society. Furthermore, they see that their own people, in fact members from their own families, their sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, are accepting this religion in multitudes as predicted in the Holy Quran:

وَرَأَيْتَ النَّاسَ يَدْخُلُونَ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ أَفْوَاجًا

And thou dost see the people enter the religion of Allah in crowds
[An-Nasr 110:2]

Islam will prevail in the end, it is spreading to the extermities of the Earth. We must be steadfast in the face of their onslaught and harrasment of us. May Allah Tala shatter our enemies and give us a glorious victory. Amin.

Philosopher
02-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Ignore them. There is no use engaging in silly quarrels. If one treats you with offense, treat him/her back with kindness. That is what Islam is all about.

Pk_#2
02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Sis Glo, i thought you was joking, :-[

i never saw a nun like that, wait i never saw a nun :-\

seriously i havn't

i've seen a vicar :D (is that how u spell vicar)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.