/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mid easterners prone to violence?

SilentObserver
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Why are people from the middle east so violent? It never ends. Car bombs. Suicide bombers. Gunmen. School attacks. When they are not trying to kill someone else, they are trying to kill each other. Palestinians on verge of civil war. Kill your political opponents children. Beheadings. Masked faces waving guns in the air. Teach children to hate. Fight, kill, violent protest. Shoot teachers in front of students. Shoot women and children in car. Qassam rockets. And on, and on, and on......kill, kill, kill, kill.
Why?
Life means nothing to them it seems. Life seems to have little or no value. Why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Every action has a reaction and every action has a cause. Im sure u know that. Im guessing ur referring specifically to Muslims? Until we figure out why people behave in such a way and know the ACTUAL truth, we wont find an answer by just looking at the surface. As for life, it is but a test for us all and we must strive to do our best for the sake of Allah and the hereafter.
Anways, i see your new. Welcome to LI :) Anymore questions, just shoot away or search the threads :)

Peace

Woodrow
12-16-2006, 05:42 AM
It is easy to come to that conclusion. The problem is not that the people are more prone to violence, it is the simple fact that the area is a war zone and has been for at least 50 years. We have third generation children who have never soon a day of peace and neither have their parents. Constant war is violent and people need to fight to survive. Without any standing armies and limited supplies, everybody becomes a soldier and every item is learned to be a weapon.

It is not the people. It is the constant war and the causes for it. The list of alleged causes is very long. Perhaps not every part is totaly responsible, but each has some contribution to the problem.

The Formation of Israel and the introduction of an entire new group of people almost overnight.

Oil and instant wealth for some,

Lack of arable land for food production

Poverty

Fear

Insufficient Schools

Interference from Western Sources

Lack of Industry

Lack of unity even within the same country

Skillganon
12-16-2006, 05:49 AM
I will probably put.

1. Inteference from west
2. Israel
2. Nationlism (Tribalism): This bring's disunity
4. Lack of proper Islamic Education in school, and promotion of removing this and replacing it(secularism).
5. Curruption, in the widest sense.

The above are all linked to each other somehow.

The rest poverty, industry e.t.c are and can be deemed neglible in respect to the above.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SilentObserver
12-16-2006, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Every action has a reaction and every action has a cause. Im sure u know that. Im guessing ur referring specifically to Muslims?
Why would you guess that? Are you suggesting that muslims are the problem?

Muslim Knight
12-16-2006, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
Why are people from the middle east so violent? It never ends. Car bombs. Suicide bombers. Gunmen. School attacks. When they are not trying to kill someone else, they are trying to kill each other. Palestinians on verge of civil war. Kill your political opponents children. Beheadings. Masked faces waving guns in the air. Teach children to hate. Fight, kill, violent protest. Shoot teachers in front of students. Shoot women and children in car. Qassam rockets. And on, and on, and on......kill, kill, kill, kill.
Why?
Life means nothing to them it seems. Life seems to have little or no value. Why?
This is a one-sided view. The West also has experienced high increase in violent crime rate, why isn't this exposed and discussed? At least in the Middle East there are people are fighting for their lives and rights against oppression. In the US we often hear about high school shootings and other violent criminal cases not because of survival or oppression, instead the motives are based on revenge or simply influence by TV. You are not being fair by highlighting only the scenes in the middle east.

SilentObserver
12-16-2006, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
This is a one-sided view. The West also has experienced high increase in violent crime rate, why isn't this exposed and discussed? At least in the Middle East there are people are fighting for their lives and rights against oppression. In the US we often hear about high school shootings and other violent criminal cases not because of survival or oppression, instead the motives are based on revenge or simply influence by TV. You are not being fair by highlighting only the scenes in the middle east.
I live in the west. I can't remember the last time I even saw a fist fight, let alone someone blowing themselves up on a bus full of people.

Muslim Knight
12-16-2006, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
I live in the west. I can't remember the last time I even saw a fist fight, let alone someone blowing themselves up on a bus full of people.
You would do well to observe what's happening in your own West before you turn on Fox news and watch something blow up in the middle east. High school shootings. Explain them.

SilentObserver
12-16-2006, 08:22 AM
You would do well to observe what's happening in your own West before you turn on Fox news and watch something blow up in the middle east. High school shootings. Explain them.
Er, ok. one high school shooting in a year in the west. Two car bombings, a suicide bombing, and gunbattles in the streets every day in the east. That's the same.

Sweetness
12-16-2006, 08:24 AM
He is right you know. There actually is alot more violence and killing in eastern countries everyday. I wonder too why there is more violence.

SilentObserver
12-16-2006, 08:28 AM
instead the motives are based on revenge.
This is the basis of conflict in the east.

Trumble
12-16-2006, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is easy to come to that conclusion. The problem is not that the people are more prone to violence, it is the simple fact that the area is a war zone and has been for at least 50 years. We have third generation children who have never soon a day of peace and neither have their parents. Constant war is violent and people need to fight to survive. Without any standing armies and limited supplies, everybody becomes a soldier and every item is learned to be a weapon.
True. It's the circumstances, not the people, and to change those you courage, luck, and a willingness to let the past be the past and look to the future... everybody's future. Unfortunately, in that part of the world, all three things are in short supply.

aamirsaab
12-16-2006, 11:21 AM
:sl:
I think it's because certain people still have this caveman mentality and think by killing someone you have power over them. The ability to kill is seen as more impressive than the ability to create life (I mean this in the sense of reproduction, as opposed to cloning). Human beings have been like this for a very long time and it looks to me that it'll continue. Which is sad, sad for mankind. We've not really progressed at all.

AHMED_GUREY
12-16-2006, 11:26 AM
the middle east consists of about 12/15 countries

the vast majority of them are stable countries

i think it has more to do with military aggression and wich causes retaliation in 3 hotspots of the region

that might have sparked your generalization of middle easterners as a whole

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.