Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-18-2006, 11:34 PM
:sl:

http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=5651

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Are his lectures any good?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islamicboy
12-19-2006, 12:51 AM
His lectures are really good specially since he does not fear to speak the truth.

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Are you sure? How come I never heard of him until now?

- Qatada -
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
:salamext:

He's a really famous brother, and got arrested because they realised that he was influencin the ummah alot. The case was over last year, or the year before i think.

He quoted sayid qutb who said that he shouldn't have to lie for something which is the truth.

And in his final speech in the masjid was the same as Ibn Taymiyya; what can my enemies do to me, my paradise is in my heart - it goes wherever i go. To imprison me is a khulwa (seclusion) with Allaah so i can worship Him, to kick me out of my land is part of my journey to Allaah, and to kill me is shahaadah (martyr-dom.) What can my enemies do to me?

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

He's a really famous brother, and got arrested because they realised that he was influencin the ummah alot. The case was over last year, or the year before i think.

He quoted sayid qutb who said that he shouldn't have to lie for something which is the truth.

And in his final speech in the masjid was the same as Ibn Taymiyya; what can my enemies do to me, my paradise is in my heart - it goes wherever i go. To imprison me is a khulwa (seclusion) with Allaah so i can worship Him, to kick me out of my land is part of my journey to Allaah, and to kill me is shahaadah (martyr-dom.) What can my enemies do to me?
walaikum assalam.

I probably would not heard about most muslim scholar's, honestly I did not have any understanding of Islam. It is strange to think back how I ended up here. I am still learning, consider me a new be at that and became a sponge, although it was easier for me being a muslim from birth.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-25-2006, 06:36 PM
:sl:

This is one lecture which I recommend to every person to listen to:

From the lecture by 'Ali at-Tamimi, titled 'Intellection Confusion of the Muslim Youth':

"The fourth cause which leads to intellectual confusion amongst the youth is the lack of zeal to order, to guide the people. In other words, instead of being zealous for the guidance of people, often, the youth were zealous for judging the people, zealous for passing out judgements: 'Well, he's astray, and he's on the guidance, and he's, well, he's OK, but he's not quite there, and this one is 10%, and this one, OK, he's 13.2%,' and so forth, and so on.

This is not the way of Allah's Prophet. This is not the way of the Prophet's Companions. Rather, they used to seek to guide the people, and Allah Said to the Prophet, in order to console him: {"...So, do not ruin yourself out of sadness for them..."} [Fatir; 8] See, the Prophet would be so sad when the people wouldn't accept the message, it used to affect him physically. So, Allah Tells him: "Do not allow yourself to be in such a state, that you are almost losing yourself out of sadness because they are not guided."

This is how the Prophet was.

Unfortunately, some of the youth take pleasure, they take glee; it's almost as if it gives them some sort of energy, some sort of, you know, happiness that they can judge somebody, and say: 'OK, you're a person of bid'ah,' 'OK, he's astray.' But, if they knew what they were saying, and if they realized the seriousness of the word, first of all, they wouldn't be so quick to judge. And second of all, even if they were correct in their judgement, they should be taken with sadness, because if that man is astray - if that person is truly a person of heresy - then, he is facing a very deadly doom in the Hereafter, and one should be saddened in wanting to guide him, not happy to see him in that state."
http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/audi...onfusion_1.ram

'Abd al-Baari
12-26-2006, 11:20 AM
jazakallah fr the links, his lectures are very good mashallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.