PDA

View Full Version : The Real Message Of Santa Claus

Abu Ibraheem
12-19-2006, 04:46 AM
Click here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dahir
12-19-2006, 04:52 AM
Whoever, Santa or Corporations, is making people spend their money, I am thankful! Yesterday, a woman came into my store and bought almost $200 worth of Christmas toys, and I collected a hefty amount in commission sales.

:giggling:

*Thanks Santa*

syilla
12-19-2006, 04:58 AM
:sl:

there will be ppl offended by this :rolleyes:

btw...can you please tell how much do they really spent on christmas?

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 05:01 AM
I agree sister syilla.

They may get offended. How much they spend? Way more than in malaysia.

In malaysia you can get anything very cheap. Rolex. yes they got Rolex and very cheap. He he he.

Those market stall's are a place of bargain.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
12-19-2006, 05:09 AM
I really don't know how offended people can get over a simple poster, and it only mocks the capitalist tradition associated with Christmas, I hear people joke about this topic a lot, and in all honesty, the opening picture opens the portal for discussion on the topic, not really offensive at all.

As for how much people spend, its crazy. One guy wanted to buy a Microsoft Zune MP3 Player, and we had to back-order it from Chicago just to satisfy his cravings -- the money spent during Christmas is not a joke by any measure.

I've had to do crunches in my basement just to prepare for Christmas day and eve sales (I'm the only person working those days, not even my manager will show up).

I'm counting down the time...:uhwhat

Abu Ibraheem
12-19-2006, 07:36 PM
I dont mean to offend but provoke thought,

heres another pic to express

Awoken786
12-19-2006, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

there will be ppl offended by this :rolleyes:

btw...can you please tell how much do they really spent on christmas?
Offended by what? santa is part of no religon that i know of???

he is an icon thought up by coca cola and represents something that takes christmas away from the memory of jesus?

santa is nothing and those who make the mistake of linking him to there religon should take a hard look at what there religon really entails.

Woodrow
12-19-2006, 07:47 PM
I have been debating as to if this thread can be offensive to any person's religion. Like with all things we will have those who will find it offensive.

However, in reading and looking over the thread more. I view it as being very pro religion to people of all faiths.

The thread is showing how often all of us deny God(swt) for the desire to fulfill human needs. Santa has become a mockery of all who believe in God(swt).

This symbol of wanton greed and denial of God(swt) is a good thing to be shown for what it really is.

Keltoi
12-19-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm not offended by it at all. Santa is just a symbol of what Christmas has become. Santa is the secular half of Christmas. People that don't have any religious beliefs at all still celebrate the gift-giving side of the holiday. It has become a consumer oriented holiday, with nothing at all to do about the birth of Christ. Not that I'm against getting gifts mind you.

England
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
How come my pictures of a friendly Santa handing out sweets to little children is deemed inappropriate and therefore deleted yet this is being given the go ahead????

afriend
12-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not offended by it at all. Santa is just a symbol of what Christmas has become. Santa is the secular half of Christmas. People that don't have any religious beliefs at all still celebrate the gift-giving side of the holiday. It has become a consumer oriented holiday, with nothing at all to do about the birth of Christ.
Yeah man....Who could believe in a slying fat man, with flying raindeers(Spelling?)

Not that I'm against getting gifts mind you.
lol who doesn't :p

Muezzin
12-19-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yeah man....Who could believe in a slying fat man, with flying raindeers(Spelling?)
Spelling of what, 'flying' or 'reindeers'?

IB-Staff
12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Greetings England,

format_quote Originally Posted by England
How come my pictures of a friendly Santa handing out sweets to little children is deemed inappropriate and therefore deleted yet this is being given the go ahead????
I have removed the picture of Santa, but seeing as the topic of this thread is focused on the message behind this figure and the secularisation of Christmas as opposed to simply posting his pictures, I have allowed it to stay.

The reason why I feel it inappropriate to be posting pictures of Santa is because it seems to bring the "festive spirit" of Christmas onto the forum, and as Muslims, we do not celebrate this occasion. Even if we say that Santa is only the secular part of Christmas, the association and implications are still there. I do not mean to offend, but only hope to do what is in the best interests of the forum, God-Willing.

Peace :).

Awoken786
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LI-Staff
Greetings England,

I have removed the picture of Santa, but seeing as the topic of this thread is focused on the message behind this figure and the secularisation of Christmas as opposed to simply posting his pictures, I have allowed it to stay.

The reason why I feel it inappropriate to be posting pictures of Santa is because it seems to bring the "festive spirit" of Christmas onto the forum, and as Muslims, we do not celebrate this occasion. Even if we say that Santa is only the secular part of Christmas, the association and implications are still there. I do not mean to offend, but only hope to do what is in the best interests of the forum, God-Willing.

Peace :).
Whats that got to do with having santas image? i mean i agree that he is an insult to christianity and god but your basing it on the fact that muslims dont celebrate christmas?

so a picture of santa will do what to us?

to remove such pictures on that bases seems a bit strange? just cos it brings the festive spirit??? theres nothing wrong with the festive spirit its forgetting jesus and standing up fake santas in his place im more concerened with i think removal of santa is fine its the motive behind it thats a bit off!?

Muhammad
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM

i mean i agree that he is an insult to christianity and god but your basing it on the fact that muslims dont celebrate christmas?

so a picture of santa will do what to us?

to remove such pictures on that bases seems a bit strange? just cos it brings the festive spirit??? theres nothing wrong with the festive spirit its forgetting jesus and standing up fake santas in his place im more concerened with i think removal of santa is fine its the motive behind it thats a bit off!?
I did say that the association and implications of Santa are still there, even if Santa himself represents a secular aspect of Christmas. The fact that we only see his pictures at Christmas time and how his image is like a 'symbol' of Christmas is reason for avoiding them on an Islamic forum where we wish to focus on Islamic teachings and not concern ourselves with the celebrations of other faiths.

Awoken786
12-22-2006, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

I did say that the association and implications of Santa are still there, even if Santa himself represents a secular aspect of Christmas. The fact that we only see his pictures at Christmas time and how his image is like a 'symbol' of Christmas is reason for avoiding them on an Islamic forum where we wish to focus on Islamic teachings and not concern ourselves with the celebrations of other faiths.
?? by talking by christmas or santa will not bring us down in any way nor does it insult islam talking or looking in to other faiths but furthers our knowledge of what the world is and why it is?

concerns of islam are everything within this world and how it works we should fear nothing nor think of another religon being mentioned on an islamic site an insult however this is your site so it is your choice but let us not make people think this is the way of islam on a whole.

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Assalamu alaikum brother's and sisters.

I think we are miss-understanding brother Muhammad post.
Their is no point in arguing with each other in something like that.

Panatella
12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Awoken786
?? by talking by christmas or santa will not bring us down in any way nor does it insult islam talking or looking in to other faiths but furthers our knowledge of what the world is and why it is?

concerns of islam are everything within this world and how it works we should fear nothing nor think of another religon being mentioned on an islamic site an insult however this is your site so it is your choice but let us not make people think this is the way of islam on a whole.
Hi Rou.

The mods have the right to moderate the forum however they see fit. After all, it is thier forum.

Muhammad
12-26-2006, 11:49 PM

Just to clarify, I did not say we should not talk about Santa Claus; by all means, have a discussion about him. I was simply against posting his pictures.

sagal-islam
12-27-2006, 03:08 PM
salam abu ibrahem i think u right what i got to say is that there is apeople daying all over the world and they dont have anything...
and in onther hand there is fighting between muslims they kill eachother
prophet mohammed (s.w)said alll muslims are brothers and sisters if one of us hurt all of us feel his r hers pain so we shouldn't be fighing we should be helping eachother and love each other if iam wrong just tell me brother thankz
salam calaykum

Awoken786
12-27-2006, 06:20 PM

Just to clarify, I did not say we should not talk about Santa Claus; by all means, have a discussion about him. I was simply against posting his pictures.

thank you for the clarifacation.

Panatella
12-27-2006, 07:33 PM
thank you for the clarifacation.
Hi Rou,

It is good to see that you understand now. I was worried that you were going to get yourself banned again for arguing with a mod.

zaria
12-27-2006, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Whoever, Santa or Corporations, is making people spend their money, I am thankful! Yesterday, a woman came into my store and bought almost $200 worth of Christmas toys, and I collected a hefty amount in commission sales.

:giggling:

*Thanks Santa*
Do you mean that yo have atoy store and she came to buy toys for Christmas

Sweetness
12-27-2006, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I really don't know how offended people can get over a simple poster, and it only mocks the capitalist tradition associated with Christmas, I hear people joke about this topic a lot, and in all honesty, the opening picture opens the portal for discussion on the topic, not really offensive at all.

As for how much people spend, its crazy. One guy wanted to buy a Microsoft Zune MP3 Player, and we had to back-order it from Chicago just to satisfy his cravings -- the money spent during Christmas is not a joke by any measure.

I've had to do crunches in my basement just to prepare for Christmas day and eve sales (I'm the only person working those days, not even my manager will show up).

I'm counting down the time...:uhwhat
I hope you get paid extra.

Hi, I know it is just a guy in a suit, but I personally like the message behind it. I think even athiests celebrate Christmas because of the nice message.

format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
Hi Rou.

The mods have the right to moderate the forum however they see fit. After all, it is thier forum.
Hi brother panatella, why do you call brother awoken "rou"?

Panatella
12-27-2006, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
I hope you get paid extra.

Hi, I know it is just a guy in a suit, but I personally like the message behind it. I think even athiests celebrate Christmas because of the nice message.

Hi brother panatella, why do you call brother awoken "rou"?
Rou is the name of a member that was banned for inappropriate behaviour.

Awoken786
12-27-2006, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
Hi Rou,

It is good to see that you understand now. I was worried that you were going to get yourself banned again for arguing with a mod.
Hi there brother pantella i think you have made a mistake??

and i was not arguing i was but debating wether mentioning santa on a muslim site would affect us in any way!? i dont think it would and as muhammed stated he was not talking of santa himself but rather his image.

Muhammad
12-27-2006, 09:03 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
What is the message behind it?

Sweetness
12-27-2006, 09:19 PM

What is the message behind it?
Family, and good will.

Muhammad
12-27-2006, 10:30 PM

Despite how we may personally feel about such things, we do need to remember what Allaah has given us as days of celebrations, blessings and joy, and honour these above all other traditions and practices.

If any member has any information about other members breaking forum rules, they are encouraged to contact a staff member via pm.

I think this thread has served its purpose, hence:

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.