a "national crisis".

A UNICEF report released this week said 7,000 fewer
girls are born in the country every day than the
global average would suggest, largely because female
foetuses are aborted after sex determination tests but
also through murder of new borns.

"It's shocking figures and we are in a national crisis
if you ask me," Minister for Women and Child
Development Renuka Chowdhury told Reuters.

Girls are seen as liabilities by many Indians,
especially because of the banned but rampant practice
of dowry, where the bride's parents pay cash and goods
to the groom's family.

Men are also seen as bread-winners while social
prejudices deny women opportunities for education and
jobs.

"Today, we have the odd distinction of having lost 10
million girl children in the past 20 years," Chowdhury
told a seminar in Delhi University.

"Who has killed these girl children? Their own
parents." In some states, the minister said, newborn
girls have been killed by pouring sand or tobacco
juice into their nostrils.

"The minute the child is born and she opens her mouth
to cry, they put sand into her mouth and her nostrils
so she chokes and dies," Chowdhury said, referring to
cases in the western desert state of Rajasthan.

"They bury infants into pots alive and bury the pots.
They put tobacco into her mouth. They hang them upside
down like a bunch of flowers to dry," she said.

"We have more passion for tigers of this country. We
have people fighting for stray dogs on the road. But
you have a whole society that ruthlessly hunts down
girl children."

According to the 2001 census, the national sex ratio
was 933 girls to 1,000 boys, while in the
worst-affected northern state of Punjab, it was 798
girls to 1,000 boys.

The ratio has fallen since 1991, due to the
availability of ultrasound sex-determination tests.

Although these are illegal they are still widely
available and often lead to abortion of girl foetuses.

Chowdhury said the fall in the number of females had
cost one percent of India's GDP and created shortages
of girls in some states like Haryana, where in one
case four brothers had to marry one woman.

Economic empowerment of women was key to change, she
said. "Even today when you go to a temple, you are
blessed with 'May you have many sons'," she said.

"The minute you empower them to earn more or equal (to
men), social prejudices vanish."

The practice of killing the girl child is more
prevalent among the educated, including in upmarket
districts of New Delhi, making it more challenging for
the government, the minister said.

"How do we tell educated people that you must not do
it? And these are people who would visit all the
female deities and pray for strength but don't
hesitate to kill a girl child," she said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
12-19-2006, 10:13 AM
hangon, 10 million :eek: that's FREAKY!!!!!!

subhanallah.... alhamdulialh for islam, otherwise arab Muslims would prob be like tht too :cry:

:w:

Goku
12-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Subhan Allah. That is bad.

Female infendicide is what the Prophet Muhammad PBUH stopped.

May Allah give those people guidence. Ameen.

Ismile
12-20-2006, 12:14 AM
WOW thats alot of people thats sad.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
limitless
12-20-2006, 12:16 AM
:sl:

Woah, that is like or more than genocide of girls.

:w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Astaghfirullah, no hearts at all...savages :(
Poor girls. At least they will go to Jannah, InshAllah.

"The minute the child is born and she opens her mouth
to cry, they put sand into her mouth and her nostrils
so she chokes and dies," Chowdhury said, referring to
cases in the western desert state of Rajasthan.

"They bury infants into pots alive and bury the pots.
They put tobacco into her mouth. They hang them upside
down like a bunch of flowers to dry," she said.
That just makes me wanna cry :cry:

Tania
12-20-2006, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
That just makes me wanna cry :cry:
I will never believe "They hang them upside down like a bunch of flowers to dry". There is the criminal laws which will send the parents in the cold places for at least 15 years or may be more. The new borns are protected by laws, you can't do what do you wish with them, even if its your child. This article need a serious check up.

AvarAllahNoor
12-20-2006, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I will never believe "They hang them upside down like a bunch of flowers to dry". There is the criminal laws which will send the parents in the cold places for at least 15 years or may be more. The new borns are protected by laws, you can't do what do you wish with them, even if its your child. This article need a serious check up.
Erm i think you'll find it's all true - India is now leading not only in HIV but also in infantcide. The country is in decline and the sooner they realise the better. They have a population of over a billion, yet they do nothng to control it. (not including the infantcide as a method)

I hope if anything like a tsumani should occur in india, it should wipe out all those responsible for killing those 10 million poor souls!!!
:grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

Muezzin
12-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Terrible news. These people will murder their own daughters in the name of 'pride' or 'honour'.

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I hope if anything like a tsumani should occur in india, it should wipe out all those responsible for killing those 10 million poor souls!!!:grumbling :grumbling :grumbling
Nah, tsunamis are too indiscriminate and might actually wipe out more innocent souls. Alien abduction on the other hand...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-20-2006, 06:18 PM
If they had correct laws to protect the children, they wouldnt be allowing the new borns to be killed. It does happen there, you'd be surprised.

starfortress
12-20-2006, 08:10 PM
:sl:

May i know,is there any specific tribes doing that cruel thing?

This killing girls traditions had been practised widely by the Jahiliyah Arab,maybe in the hole Hejaz land.Alhamdulillah our beloved prophet Muhammad(PBUH)was born amongst them then dismantled the cruel tradition by spread the Islamic teachings.

Hijrah
12-20-2006, 08:13 PM
talk about the return of jahiliyyah

starfortress
12-20-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
talk about the return of jahiliyyah
Excactly bro,"ignorance of divine guidance"-Jahilliyah is the perfect words to defines their immoral actions.

AvarAllahNoor
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Terrible news. These people will murder their own daughters in the name of 'pride' or 'honour'.

Nah, tsunamis are too indiscriminate and might actually wipe out more innocent souls. Alien abduction on the other hand...
Well this one would be specifically targeting the killers. Don't forget i have the gift to predict such events.

chacha_jalebi
12-20-2006, 08:54 PM
elo :D

manz remembers watching a documentary bout this, and i think they said figures like every 4 mins a girl "disappears" due to gender discrimination practices in india :( like ive heard they prefer boys to gals so they kill the girls, but erm, if there no girls then how will boys be born :p :D and erm erm erm preferrin boys to gals .... GAY:p

i think its jus a backward thought innit, like they think boys can work and bring wealth, and they dont think girls can do that, so they jus bury them alive or kill them! it reminds moi of surah takwir ....

"wa idhal Maw'uudatu sooilat, bi ayyi than bin qutylat"
"when the girl buried alive is questioned for what crime she was killed"

amirah_87
12-20-2006, 10:35 PM
As salaamu Alaykum,

SubhanAllah, That's shockin'.

May Allah give those people guidence. Ameen.
Ameen.

AHMED_GUREY
12-20-2006, 10:41 PM
and China with it's 1 child policy what's the estimated nr of girls being killed based on their gender there?

AHMED_GUREY
12-20-2006, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

manz remembers watching a documentary bout this, and i think they said figures like every 4 mins a girl "disappears" due to gender discrimination practices in india :( like ive heard they prefer boys to gals so they kill the girls, but erm, if there no girls then how will boys be born :p :D and erm erm erm preferrin boys to gals .... GAY :p

i think its jus a backward thought innit, like they think boys can work and bring wealth, and they dont think girls can do that, so they jus bury them alive or kill them! it reminds moi of surah takwir ....

"wa izaa alwuudatu sooilat, bi ayyi than bin qutylat"
"when the girl buried alive is questioned for what crime she was killed"
looooooooo
ooooooooo
ooooooooo
ooooooooo
oooooooool i swear this brother :D made me spill my drink

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-20-2006, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

manz remembers watching a documentary bout this, and i think they said figures like every 4 mins a girl "disappears" due to gender discrimination practices in india :( like ive heard they prefer boys to gals so they kill the girls, but erm, if there no girls then how will boys be born :p :D and erm erm erm preferrin boys to gals .... GAY:p

I know right. Its what i think everytime this kinda stuff comes up. You kill the females, ur just gunna lose ur coming generation. Wow, they're smart aren't they(sarcasm).

Tania
12-21-2006, 05:26 AM
I think this Jahilliyah arabs moved to India and thats why we can hear about murders. The indians are very friendly and everyone is welcomed to their land. If we look more closely at the family life we will can notice the girls are those who are helping with the house stuff, the boys are doing less upto 0 this kind of work. I don't see why the parents would decide to kill someone so useful for them. And regarding the marriage are men which require minimum dowry...so its not a big thing to marry your daughter if she wish that.

starfortress
12-21-2006, 07:19 AM
I think this Jahilliyah arabs moved to India and thats why we can hear about murders. The indians are very friendly and everyone is welcomed to their land. If we look more closely at the family life we will can notice the girls are those who are helping with the house stuff, the boys are doing less upto 0 this kind of work. I don't see why the parents would decide to kill someone so useful for them. And regarding the marriage are men which require minimum dowry...so its not a big thing to marry your daughter if she wish that.
Ermm,but i think the opposites way:hiding: ,from China to India,from India to Hejaz land,because if we talk about civilization, surely China and India are more civilised tahn the Jahil Arabs/Pagan Arabs at that time,how come a more civilised empires would absorbs a weird traditions from the Pagan Arab tribes.

Tania
12-21-2006, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Ermm,but i think the opposites way:hiding: ,from China to India,from India to Hejaz land,because if we talk about civilization, surely China and India are more civilised tahn the Jahil Arabs/Pagan Arabs at that time,how come a more civilised empires would absorbs a weird traditions from the Pagan Arab tribes.
Ohh but the arabs moved with their families, and during the years, having lot of children become more powerful in India,among the tribes and in this way they could spread this...i don't know how to call it because has no common sense what they are doing.imsad

starfortress
12-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Ohh but the arabs moved with their families, and during the years, having lot of children become more powerful in India,among the tribes and in this way they could spread this...i don't know how to call it because has no common sense what they are doing.imsad
There are many Persian lineage in India,which were there since b4 Islamic period,but the Arabs maybe moved there only after Islam were spread,by trading and spreads the Islam itself.Ancient and Medieval History of India claims the first Arab Muslims settled on the Indian coast in the last part of the 7th century AD.Yes it is still unclear whether the Arabs had arrive earlier in India b4 Islam.

Tania
12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I don't know too well India history but from what i heard or saw the indians keeps very much at their women. Before the first Guru the husband would not accepted his wife to live without him. He was able to kill her only to be always his. Now a man which keep so much at women how could harm a baby girl :? Has not sense either. Someone else are doing this and the state is not taking the right measure.

starfortress
12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
I don't know too well India history but from what i heard or saw the indians keeps very much at their women. Before the first Guru the husband would not accepted his wife to live without him. He was able to kill her only to be always his. Now a man which keep so much at women how could harm a baby girl :? Has not sense either. Someone else are doing this and the state is not taking the right measure.
Idon't think all Indians practising this what so called killing baby girls:? maybe there are specific tribes doing that.

Hopefully he will succes in his mission.:)
Indian premier calls for end to killing of unborn girls

chacha_jalebi
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
erm tania sister :p its nice that you blame the arabs for this :p and you speak of hindu women giving having rights and stuff!

well how comes when a hindu woman marries she has to think of her hubby as a god :p its like addin anova god to the collection :D astafirullah!!!!!

and when a hindu woman becomes a widow, she cant marry again, and she must wear white clothes for the rest of her life :p come on now if they have rights like that for women, then they wont care about babies

FollowingAlhuda
12-21-2006, 01:19 PM
La Hawla Wala Quata Ila Bilah!!!

Tania
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
Thank you to clear up this case.
The indian premier call for stop the" practice of killing unborn female foetuses" and the british medical journal establish too "A study by British medical journal The Lancet said this year that India may have lost 10 million unborn girls in the past 20 years, but Indian experts say the figure is not more than five million.

We can see now clearly its about controlling the births, making abortions and not killing a borned baby, like in the previous article was posted. The abortion is practiced even in states, so we can't say they are criminals because they are indians. India has lot of religions, not only hinduism, but regardless of their religion the people are very friendly and good husbands.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.