/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brother's birthday

Fishman
12-19-2006, 09:38 PM
:sl:
This year my younger sibling had a very unhappy birthday. His friends had to leave the house early, my dad went out and I went to an Islamic meeting. My mum felt very upset, and organised a trip to Laserquest for him and his friends. My brother wants to also take me and one of my friends too. The problem is, Laserquest plays music constantly in the background. I told my brother that I can't go because of this, and he is very annoyed. What should I do? Is it more important to make our family happy than to not listen to music, or should we make following things like the music prohibition our prime concern?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
12-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Can't you ask them to turn off the music? Laser Quest rocks too much to pass up!

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Maybe you should go but even though the music is playing in the background don't listen to it.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Ohh that's a tough situation brother, at my workplce the music is always playing in the backgroud but I have work. I would be intrest to know the answer to this myself. *shouts for Bro Fi_sabilillah*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
12-19-2006, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Can't you ask them to turn off the music? Laser Quest rocks too much to pass up!
It's not a big party, just us four are going. I don't think they would turn it off for just one guy...

Muezzin
12-19-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
It's not a big party, just us four are going. I don't think they would turn it off for just one guy...
Sure they will. Just go up to the counter and ask a member of staff. The customer is always right. :)

al_faaris574
12-19-2006, 09:56 PM

Some relevant Fataawa.

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...=eng&txt=music

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...=eng&txt=music

Muhammad
12-19-2006, 10:06 PM

Or is it possible to go somewhere else... like bowling or something? The trouble is that most places probably have music in the background - even if you just want to go shopping, so it might be unavoidable.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-19-2006, 10:20 PM

This can be of relevance Insha'Allah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/586385-post14.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.