/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So..How old are u?

islamicfajr
12-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Assalam Alaykum..

DearAll..in the West also in the east..

u used wrong Expression : how old are u ?..

in Arabic.. ما عمرك ؟

due to ..there is no one know ..How old is he ?

but the right Expression is :.what is left of your life ?

in Arabic ما مضي من عمرك ؟

my advice to myself before to All my noble brothers /sisters here..
we should..Make the best use of time ..Make the most of your youth and your whole life by learning. Do not be deceived by procrastination and wishful thinking about the future. Every hour of your life that passes cannot be replaced. Do away with whatever you can of distractions and obstacles which prevent you from striving your utmost to attain knowledge. Hence the salaf encouraged keeping away from one’s family and keeping a distance from one’s homeland, because when a person is distracted he will not be able to understand facts of knowledge and subtle issues. Allaah has not given man two hearts in his chest, and similarly it is said that knowledge will not give you a part of it until you give it your all.

Remember that the path to knowledge is long, but it is easy for the one for whom Allaah makes it easy. So strengthen your resolve and seek the help of your Lord, and do not worry about your age. Perhaps what is left of your life will be better for you than what has passed, by Allaah’s leave.

Remember that the greatest companions of the Messenger of Allaah :arabic5:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not acquire knowledge until they started to get grey hairs, and they were older than you are now. It did not take long until they became masters of knowledge and worldly leaders. In them is an example for everyone. There is the example of al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam and Ibn Hazm and others who started to seek knowledge at and older age. So seek the help of Allaah and do not feel helpless.

finally..
u should keepin ur mind that :Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap things and vain talk. Instead, he limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit other people. Every minute of a person’s life carries the potential to raise his own status and to make his people happier, little by little.

If you are keen to attain the highest position, and bring the most happiness to your people, then forget about relaxing and keep away from empty amusement.

In one minute you can do a lot of good and earn much reward. In just one minute, by giving in charity, studying, memorizing, or striving to do good deeds, you can make sure that this minute of your life is not wasted. One minute may be recorded in your book of good deeds if you know how to make the most of it and take care of it:
Strive to make the most of each minute
If you forget it, you forget the most important thing, the truth.

ur Brother in islam Muhammed..

<wasalam>

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
12-20-2006, 02:35 PM
My teacher in Yemen taught me to say the same thing. Not ' how old are you' but ' how much of your age has passed?'

But I dont know......because when we say ' how old are you' it doesnt' mean that we are implicating that we know the persons age, but what we actually mean is how old are you at this moment.

Allahu A3lam, but Baarakallahu Feek lil fawaa'id ar-Raai3ah ya Akhi.

FollowingAlhuda
12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
This is a very interresting topic.

A few months ago i went to a dars.
Some Da'ee's counted what we do with out lives.

If a person lives 60 years and he sleeps 8 hours in a day, he is 15 years of his life!!!
And what do we do???? we whatsh the t.v. 4,5 hours. (ten years of your life)
3,4 hours on messenger ( five, seven years of your life)

LA Hawla Wala Quata Ila Bilah!!!

amirah_87
12-21-2006, 02:27 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

in Arabic.. ما عمرك ؟

in Arabic ما مضي من عمرك ؟
Kidtu Ansaa :heated:, JazaakAllahu Khayr Akhee.

And BarakAllahu feek For the Advice. Sahha Lisaanak.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamicfajr
01-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Wa Alaykum Assalam
bark Allah feekum 4 passing..
gazakum Allah khyiran..
<wasalam>

M for Maliki
01-02-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm old enough to realise just how little I know in the grand scheme of things and that the world isn't going to magically conform to my preconcieved notions.

A pity. Childhood was so much fun.

sudais1
01-02-2007, 08:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FollowingAlhuda
This is a very interresting topic.

A few months ago i went to a dars.
Some Da'ee's counted what we do with out lives.

If a person lives 60 years and he sleeps 8 hours in a day, he is 15 years of his life!!!
And what do we do???? we whatsh the t.v. 4,5 hours. (ten years of your life)
3,4 hours on messenger ( five, seven years of your life)

LA Hawla Wala Quata Ila Bilah!!!
funny but true

islamicfajr
02-17-2007, 01:04 PM
A pity. Childhood was so much fun.
Assalam Alaykum my noble brother..

i know our childhood was so fun alhamdulillah

But we are Youth Now Akhi..then we should work 4 the last day..

i leave u in care of Allah

<wasalam>

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 01:07 PM
salamualikum.
akhi, this life is NOT enternal :(
Ma'assalama

islamicfajr
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
akhi, this life is NOT enternal :(
Ma'assalama
ًWa alaykum Assalam
yeah ur Right Ukhti..subhan Allah..as we are living in a negative atmosphere filled with so many kuffaar and Muslims who do not adhere to their religion and who may not know anything about Islam other than its name, and surrounded with trials and temptations as you are, you have to cling to Allaah and adhere to His sharee’ah (laws), turn to Him and pray always to Him to protect us from sin and help us to adhere to our religion.
Always we should repeat this du’aa’: “Yaa muqallib al-quloob thabbit qalbi ala deenak (O Controller of the hearts, make my heart adhere firmly to Your religion).” Because our mother, the Mother of the Believers ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) narrated from her husband, your Prophet Muhammad :arabic5: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he used to recite this du’aa’ (Yaa muqallib al-quloob thabbit qalbi ala deenak) frequently. She asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, we believe in you and in what you have brought. Do you fear for us?” He said, “Yes, for people’s hearts are between the fingers of Allaah and He turns them as He wills.”
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2066. He said, this is a hasan hadeeth).

<wasalam>

Siraaj
02-17-2007, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamicfajr
Assalam Alaykum..

DearAll..in the West also in the east..

in Arabic.. ما عمرك ؟

in Arabic
ما مضي من عمرك ؟
i dunno, so i cannot answer that. :p

only Allah knows how much is left of our lives.

so, its much better to ask another question: what is your age?.....which i guess everybody can answer.

:w:

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 06:20 PM
ًWa alaykum Assalam
yeah ur Right Ukhti..subhan Allah..as we are living in a negative atmosphere filled with so many kuffaar and Muslims who do not adhere to their religion and who may not know anything about Islam other than its name, and surrounded with trials and temptations as you are, you have to cling to Allaah and adhere to His sharee’ah (laws), turn to Him and pray always to Him to protect us from sin and help us to adhere to our religion.
Always we should repeat this du’aa’: “Yaa muqallib al-quloob thabbit qalbi ala deenak (O Controller of the hearts, make my heart adhere firmly to Your religion).” Because our mother, the Mother of the Believers ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) narrated from her husband, your Prophet Muhammad :arabic5: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he used to recite this du’aa’ (Yaa muqallib al-quloob thabbit qalbi ala deenak) frequently. She asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, we believe in you and in what you have brought. Do you fear for us?” He said, “Yes, for people’s hearts are between the fingers of Allaah and He turns them as He wills.”
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2066. He said, this is a hasan hadeeth).

<wasalam>
salamualikum.
subhallah, shukran akhi for this.
may allah subhanwatallah reward you inshallah amin :)
Ma'assalama

islamicfajr
02-18-2007, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Siraaj
i dunno, so i cannot answer that. :p

only Allah knows how much is left of our lives.

so, its much better to ask another question: what is your age?.....which i guess everybody can answer.

:w:
Wa alaykum Assalam

No Akhi,versa is the correct....:)

due to..only Allah knows How old are u !..but u know only what is left of your life !......just think Twice insha`Allah i wish u get what i mean :)

<wasalam>

peacechaser
02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
:sl:

I agree, time is sooo precious, the most precious thing in this world. If there's no time, there's no doing!

BTW, Are the human do need relaxing for some time? I can't make searching knowledge as my full hobby...:(

amirah_87
02-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Wa alaykum Assalam

No Akhi,versa is the correct....:)

due to..only Allah knows How old are u !..but u know only what is left of your life !......just think Twice insha`Allah i wish u get what i mean :)

<wasalam>

I get what you mean akhee islamicfajr, but i think it caused a slight misunderstandin with the translation of the word " مضي" to "left" ..
I think (& Allahu A'lam) it's more correct to say: What has passed of your life.

!هنا معناه بقي و ليس مضى , فلهذا قال اﻻخ سراج : ﻻ يعلم ذلك اﻻ الله "left" ﻻن كلمة

اي : ﻻ يعلم ما بقي من عمرنا اﻻ ربنا

Hope you understood inshaAllah. :)

islamicfajr
02-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Assalam alaykum
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

I get what you mean akhee islamicfajr, but i think it caused a slight misunderstandin with the translation of the word " مضي" to "left" ..
I think (& Allahu A'lam) it's more correct to say: What has passed of your life.

) !هنا معناه بقي و ليس مضى , فلهذا قال اﻻخ سراج : ﻻ يعلم ذلك اﻻ الله "left" ﻻن كلمة

Hope you understood inshaAllah. :)
BismAllah Masha` Allah..gazakum Allah khyran 4 Clarification ..

i get what Brother /Siraaj means from ur Interpretation..

i leave u in care of Allah..

<wasalam>

Siraaj
02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
:sl: may be there was some misunderstanding.....but masha'Allah now you got it islamicfajr what I was trying to say :)

Books
02-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I also like saying saying : kam fii umrik? i think it's much easier to say than kam madha min umrik, and the meanning is still correct i hope.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!