/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever experience something supernatural or beyond coincidence?

mysticalsilence
12-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Well I remember a few things happening to me and I got really freaked out but just don’t remember the exact situations to all of them.

One thing I do remember is that my fiancé before I knew I was going to marry her there was a time where I did not even speak to her for a whole ages she was someone I knew but never saw.
So much so she wouldn't ever cross my mind ever and one day I had a dream she died.
And I had to find out if she did and I went insane trying to find her contact info to see if she did. And when I finally did I found out she was in the hospital the day I had that dream she had a serious sun stroke and almost did die !

Back then I took it as huge experience but now I think it could be coincidence I dunno anymore everything apparently can be explained logically and psychologically. So now I even doubt myself and think its all in my head!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mysticalsilence
12-20-2006, 03:46 AM
test?

AmarFaisal
12-20-2006, 04:17 AM
This is something that would happen to my mother when my brother was abroad for studies. She'd dream abt him in dark, call him n find out he has just escaped death. It happend two or three times. But I can imagine a mother being alerted by her sixth sense about her child. DOn't know abt a fiance whom u don't care abt...

snakelegs
12-20-2006, 04:23 AM
no, but i'd like to!
i know other people who have had strange experiences, but not me (sigh)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-20-2006, 07:08 AM
The answer for me is no for coincidences. I do not believe there is any such thing as coincidences. I believe all events are to occur and we are merely seeing the universe unfold in the manner it is intended to.

Supernatural? I do not have a good understanding of the term. In my view all things are the will of Allah(swt) and therefore all that is, is the natural course of events so nothing is really Supernatural.

I will add another category that seems to fit what many people view as Supernatural, that is events that are in defience of our understanding of the physical world. Those I have had several experiences with. What happened I have no explanation for and there is no reason they should have happened. But, they happened.

I won't go into much detail as they are a bit personal. The most notable one was just before I was injured. That day I had a very deep feeling of dread. I sensed something very ominous. For some reason i kept thinking of my self as being unable to move for a long period of time. Yet, oddly a strange sense of calm came over me and I realised that if that were to happen I could use the time constructively and learn things like patience and how to deal with solitude. A few hours after that I was in the incident that resulted with me being in a body cast for over a year, with no chance of contacting family or friends and no one I knew to talk with. Yet, I never felt fear or anxiety. I knew as I lay in the hospital bed that in time all was going to be OK. It all felt like watching a movie being replayed.

While in that bed I met the Nurse who would eventually become my first wife. The calmness of that year was very strange. I had no fear that I would never walk again although the Doctors were not very optomistic about that. After finaly being able to get out of the body cast I was told that I would require intensive physical therepy, probably for at least several months before I could even stand on my own. Nearly every bone in my body had been shattered, my right leg alone had something like 15 fractures just between my knee and hip, my right arm was literaly powdered, my left ribs had virtualy exploded out ward, plus there were numerous other fractures, including all of my teeth being shattered. Yet, I was walking less than a week after being cut out of the cast and returned to full military duty in less then a month. I was certified combat ready less then 6 months later.

The whole incident felt like I had experienced it before and that I knew every event that would happen during that hospital stay and that I would survive and had nothing to fear.

Well my health did hold out for nearly 4 more years after which I had to take a Medical discharge. But that all leads to another story which has nothing to do with this thread.

Muezzin
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
There are no coincedences, only causality.

Unfortunately, as much as I like to read (and write) about the supernatural, I've never experienced it. If I did, I've a sneaking suspicion I'd probably just completely take the magic out of it with a scepitical wisecrack or three.

AvarAllahNoor
12-20-2006, 03:30 PM
I think this was odd - The bombings on the india train last year, i saw a vision that two bombs had gone off! - I had no inside information either just saw it clear as it happened on that day!

Muezzin
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I think this was odd - The bombings on the india train last year, i saw a vision that two bombs had gone off! - I had no inside information either just saw it clear as it happened on that day!
It's lucky you didn't tell the cops this information - they'd rule out clairvoyance in favour of terrorism quicker than you can say 'Paul McKenna'.

InToTheRain
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I did back home, although I was very young 5-6 years old. Ye I remember all the lights where out, and the Jinns came in, I heard no door open either, thing is they were invited guests! I don't know if it is allowed to make contact with Jinns...

A friend of mine in morroco saw his grandmother float in mid-air and the room was black and below her it was pitch black :O
Also saw a waxed up ball, inside which there was hair and some paper. This materialised within an empty cup over which there was a saucer, the Imam said some ayats, surahs (I was young) and it materialised!

...K thats nuff from me about my twilight zone experience!

AvarAllahNoor
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's lucky you didn't tell the cops this information - they'd rule out clairvoyance in favour of terrorism quicker than you can say 'Paul McKenna'.
I don't want the world to know my power. It's a gift!:playing:

amirah_87
12-20-2006, 03:45 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

Interesting read! :eek:

I kept on getting these thoughts and feelings that my father was going to die for like a week roughly, and then the phone rang one night and it was a long distance call, then the news was passed on that that was so. Strangely My sister was also feeling the same way at the time too. :-\

And if I get a feeling that something bad's going to happen, it usually does. but if I say it out loud & mention it, it does'nt! :uuh: :giggling:

SUMMAYAH
12-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Asalamualaykum.
I believe that sometimes Allah (s.w.a) allows a person to get a feel of what he might experiece in the future. It may be so they could be cautious and ask for Allah's help and guidence.
And yeah i've had a few what some may call 'unexplainable' encounters, but they're not really unexplainable because I without doubt believe all good and bad is from Allah alone.

Snowflake
12-21-2006, 08:28 PM
ummm.. I have this horrible knack of knowing when people aren't sincere with me.. it's horrible because there's no proof.. yet I know one day it will all come out.

I knew when my dad was going to pass away.. a week before I had a dream that my deceased sister is walking towards my dad's house wearing all black with a sad expression on her face.. I knew then.

A week later my dad went into hospital for a routine op and ended up on life support. I could feel my sister's presence in the hospital prayer room. I got really freaked out. My dad died 3 days later.

note: we don't believe in spirits, only jinn.. but I felt her presence all the same..

netprince
12-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Never had any supernatural experiences as such, although i have had a few dreams which have come true, but it is well known 'true' dreams exist so dont think that counts as supernatural.

Off the subject again but so was the first part of my post so why not eh....I have a freind who saw the prophet (saw) in his dream, dont think i have ever been as jealous of anyone as i was of him when he told me.

Ninth_Scribe
12-21-2006, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mysticalsilence
Well I remember a few things happening to me and I got really freaked out but just don’t remember the exact situations to all of them.
Yes. My entire life on earth is exactly like that. I remember each and every situation and at the request of an invisible friend, I'm writing it all down! But I'm not publishing the book until I leave this world ~ because it's just that... weird.

Ninth Scribe

chacha_jalebi
12-21-2006, 09:59 PM
elo ello :D

before the earthquake in pakistan happened, manz had a drm,that lil kids, wer goin under the ground n buildins wud fal on dem. and i had a drm that i phoned up mateys, tellin them d time of d janazah prayer of anova mateys dad:D & i woke up tinkin gay dream, cos d man is alive. den in d evenin i herd he died.

i

Snowflake
12-22-2006, 09:58 AM
SubhanAllah! Dreams give us a glimpse into the future. Well anyway, best not to tell dreams that haven't come true yet.

north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, in 2003 I dreamt of a huge wave destroying my mother's hometown Batu Ferringghi.

In 2004, tsunami hit that town, dozens are dead... but the town was not destroyed..

Eric H
12-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Woodrow,

The way you describe your experience of calmness in circumstances where most people would be feeling anxiety and fear seems strange. I feel that I can relate to what you are saying, somehow it feels like you are being given a stronger faith in order to do something.

Do you feel that Allah is preparing you for something greater to happen? Has your destiny been written?

In the spirit of searching.

Eric

Woodrow
12-23-2006, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

The way you describe your experience of calmness in circumstances where most people would be feeling anxiety and fear seems strange. I feel that I can relate to what you are saying, somehow it feels like you are being given a stronger faith in order to do something.

Do you feel that Allah is preparing you for something greater to happen? Has your destiny been written?

In the spirit of searching.

Eric
I feel we are all called upon for at least one specific task in our life time, and the accomplishment of that task is an essential part of our relationship to Allah(swt) even if we never understand what the task is. It may be something as complex as discovering a means to end famine or as mundane as leaving a foot print on a particular spot. Whatever it is, it is the single most imortant function of our earthly duties and we shall remain on earth until that task is completed. we may or may not live beyond the accomplishment of that task.

I may or may not have accomplished all I was intended to do already or there may still be an unfinished task. But, I have faith that Allah(swt) is in control and I need not worry over it.

There are still many things I have a strong desire to do. I will do my best to do those things. But, it is not important what my desire is, as long as I can do my best to serve Allah(swt)

hidden_treasure
12-23-2006, 11:19 AM
assalamu alaikum,
So far i have had two dreams about family members dying, and they have come true. The first was a beautiful dream that didnt scare me or cause me to worry. It was my husband, he passed away in my dream, and there were all brothers holding their hands up making dua for his soul, dressed in white, and my husband looked beautiful..this actually happened, masha allah.

The second dream i guess was preparing me for the death of my grandmother who was so dear to me. The circumstances were so close to what actually happened also, but this wasnt a good dream, as she died holding partners with Allah. This is how she died.

Snowflake
12-23-2006, 01:05 PM
SubhanAllah sis Hidden_treasure. May Allah grant your husband the most beautiful gardens of Jannah. Ameen.

Ok, here's what happened to me last night..

I went to sleep in total darkness.. no lamps on or nothing as I can't sleep in the light. And I had a few strangish dreams, only to wake up to find the main light in my bedroom switched on? :eek:

How? my bedroom door was locked from the inside and I was alone. Could I have been sleep-walking? :phew

DAWUD_adnan
12-23-2006, 01:19 PM
when the tsunami happened i was watching CNN BEFORE the Breaking News, and i told my brother: '' Man , CNN is out of a job, binladen is gone, no more news'' and then i switched channels and came back like ten seonds later and Breaking NEWs TSUNAMI >> HEAdlines

Muezzin
12-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Aw man, I've never had one of those dreams that predict the future. I just have strangely funny ones.

Which probably explains my weird sense of humour.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I went to sleep in total darkness.. no lamps on or nothing as I can't sleep in the light. And I had a few strangish dreams, only to wake up to find the main light in my bedroom switched on? :eek:

How? my bedroom door was locked from the inside and I was alone. Could I have been sleep-walking? :phew
Quite possibly. Do you recall actually walking around and doing things within your dreams?

Snowflake
12-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Actually yeah. I did go somewhere in my dream. In fact I visited loads of places :giggling:

I'd rather it was a jinn.. heck I don't wanna be sleep walking :eek:

Rehana
12-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Salam everyone.
i guess i just wanted to say that between me and a friend, we always manage to say the same thing at the same time, and it happens so often sometymes that we just find it hard to believe that it is a coincidence. :?

Shadow
12-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Amazing, alot of people here have had these experiences, unfortunately, im not one of them. Im very sceptical about this phenomenon. Till I experience something like this, I suppose ill stick to reason.

Al-Zaara
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I feel we are all called upon for at least one specific task in our life time, and the accomplishment of that task is an essential part of our relationship to Allah(swt) even if we never understand what the task is. It may be something as complex as discovering a means to end famine or as mundane as leaving a foot print on a particular spot. Whatever it is, it is the single most imortant function of our earthly duties and we shall remain on earth until that task is completed. we may or may not live beyond the accomplishment of that task.

I may or may not have accomplished all I was intended to do already or there may still be an unfinished task. But, I have faith that Allah(swt) is in control and I need not worry over it.

There are still many things I have a strong desire to do. I will do my best to do those things. But, it is not important what my desire is, as long as I can do my best to serve Allah(swt)
:sl:

Masha'Allah. Your post made much sense, it's alot of how I think of it too.

I haven't really experienced much, my life on this Earth is still rather short.

Weirdly enough, things have happened, for which I haven't found a logical explanation to. Like dreams which come true, this feeling of something happening just before it happens. Also a lot of déjà vue.

Like sister Rehana, I have the same situation with my best friend. Sometimes we actually think the same thought and do the same things at the same time.

One thing that never has happened to me is, "seeing a jinn" or hearing, witnessing something that has with jinns to do.

Brother Netprince, wow, your friend is blessed, masha'Allah.

:w:

Snowflake
12-23-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rehana
Salam everyone.
i guess i just wanted to say that between me and a friend, we always manage to say the same thing at the same time, and it happens so often sometymes that we just find it hard to believe that it is a coincidence. :?
yeh hehe me and a friend who I love very much, used to type the same thing at the same time :giggling:

Eric H
12-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Shadow;
Amazing, alot of people here have had these experiences, unfortunately, im not one of them. Im very sceptical about this phenomenon. Till I experience something like this, I suppose ill stick to reason
If you are looking for logic and reason then try thinking about:

If God can create the universe and life, then it should be within his power to give us ‘supernatural experiences’

I believe that first you have to trust that God can do it, if it should be his will.

My mother had a great faith in God, even though she had multiple sclerosis for the last thirty years of her life. She could not move her arms or legs and everything had to be done for her. Like Woodrow she seemed to experience a calmness and peace about her, despite all her suffering.

At one point she went into a coma and was taken to hospital, the doctors said she had hours to live so we called a priest. When the priest finished his prayers my mums gasping for air seemed to change, she seemed to relax and started to breathe more normally. What seemed like a fairly short time after, she came round and started to speak, she could not remember anything that happened in hospital for the last two days, or that the priest had said prayers over her.

She lived another ten years in her paralysed state, people might have said that it would have been kinder for her to have passed away in hospital. But somehow through my mums faith in God, I started to have a greater faith myself.

Many other things have happened to me personally that I believe are beyond normal understanding.

In the spirit of striving to trust in God

Eric

Ismahaan
12-24-2006, 01:06 PM
One night, 2 years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night suddenly and saw a man walk past my room. I stared at him, not believing what I was seeing. He smiled at me and I screamed so loudly I woke everybody in my house up. I hid under my duvet and started reading Quran. I hardly used to pray then. I think I'd missed Isha that night lol. Well I didn't ever again! I KNOW that I DID see the thing (call it a ghost or a jinn) because I saw him whilst the light outside my room was ON.

Another weird experience I had was in high school. I saw my brother waiting for me outside the my class. He was gesturing to me and telling me to hurry up. When my class was dismissed I ran out but he was nowhere to be seen. What an idiot I thought. Where's he gone? Anyway I make my way out of the school and find him waiting for me at the school entrance/exist. "Why didn't you just wait back there?" I said

"Back where?" he asked...........................He had not been waiting outside my class. He swore on Allah's name that he was telling the truth, when I wouldn't stop bugging him. I know that he had no idea I was in that class, at that particular time.

Also, when I was a child, about 4, I had an out of body experience. I was very ill and I feel as though my soul left my body because I was looking down at myself. My granddad was with me and I saw my mother and aunt coming from town with gifts. When I woke up they (my mum and aunt) were already with me, but I REALLY had seen them coming with gifts for me. My mother is amazed when I tell her about some things because she knows that I was unconscious, had my eyes closed and couldn't have known what was happening. :skeleton:

Snowflake
12-24-2006, 06:17 PM
^ Spoooooky!

A lot of people have had out-of-body experiences. Actually it isn't something that is unbelievable..at least not to me. The same things happens when we are asleep. The soul can leave the body and go places. Nice eh?

Btw, have you ever seen a person sleeping and their eyes are open? Or half open. It's so scary. They look dead. :phew

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-24-2006, 06:26 PM
^^ now thats creepy sis Ismahaan :offended:

You wana know a funni one. One of my Parakeets that i had, had laid a lot of eggs, which none of them would hatch. I had a dream that one of them did hatch...and it did happen! Except my other bird killed the poor thing :( Didnt see that one coming lol. Maybe that was all in my head, cuz i wanted it to happen :? lol

Eric H
12-24-2006, 07:31 PM

It seems that God works in mysterious ways; somehow he seems to give the same kind of faith to people of different religions. The more I talk with sincere people of other faiths, the more I feel that he works through all of us.

When I read your experiences in life, I can relate very closely with them, the feeling of clamness and peace through distress. Somehow it seems that we are all brothers and sisters of one God despite our differences.

In the spirit of searching for a greater meaning of one God.

Eric

Ninth_Scribe
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Your words are very wise, brother Woodrow... hence my sig.

Ninth Scribe, on course to resolve a family feud :)

Chuck
12-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes. Something led to me to the camping area once I got lost in a forest during a camping trip. Whatever it was looked like an old man, never saw the face except this man holding light ( a form of torch ) in one hand. I followed him and he disappeared when we reached the camping area. Who ever it was was pretty fast for an old man because I was young boy and could run very fast, but it was impossible to get close to this old man.

Ninth_Scribe
12-28-2006, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Yes. Something led to me to the camping area once I got lost in a forest during a camping trip. Whatever it was looked like an old man, never saw the face except this man holding light ( a form of torch ) in one hand. I followed him and he disappeared when we reached the camping area. Who ever it was was pretty fast for an old man because I was young boy and could run very fast, but it was impossible to get close to this old man.
What you're describing is the 9th card of tarot, known as The Hermit:

Ninth Scribe

Chuck
12-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Picture and reference to Tarot is haram

Muezzin
12-28-2006, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ismahaan
One night, 2 years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night suddenly and saw a man walk past my room. I stared at him, not believing what I was seeing. He smiled at me and I screamed so loudly I woke everybody in my house up. I hid under my duvet and started reading Quran. I hardly used to pray then. I think I'd missed Isha that night lol. Well I didn't ever again! I KNOW that I DID see the thing (call it a ghost or a jinn) because I saw him whilst the light outside my room was ON.
Jeez! Sounds like some sort of pervert to me.

Snowflake
12-28-2006, 08:03 PM
^LOL

Chuck it was probably a nice muslim jinn helping you!

Once upon a time yesterday, lol joke.. a long time ago I used to practice spiritual healing and my teacher had given me meditation lessons to do.

One night (me and sis shared a bed) my sis woke up and saw me sitting up in bed. She said my hair was loose and she thought I was meditating. But when she turned on her side she saw I was sleeping and this *something* was sitting right on top of me!!! arghhhhhhhhhhh!! :phew

I got so scared, I couldn't meditate in the dark again. :(

Chuck
12-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Chuck it was probably a nice muslim jinn helping you!
Maybe.

Miss_sara
12-28-2006, 11:32 PM
I always feel like someone quickly walks past me but i know there is no-one in the house. I feel someone is behind me staring at me and i look back of course there is no-one there. Maybe its just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.