/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Universities in the Muslim World and English

anonymous
12-19-2006, 11:54 PM
:sl:

I have applied for University, but through reading some Fatwaa on islamqa.com, I thought its best first, to check if there are gender segregated Universities, in the muslim world, that accept foreign students, and have English as their medium of teaching?

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Int'l Islamic University Malaysia does segregate male and female in the classrooms/lecture halls. 20% of the students are Internationals from 90+ countries...

The Ruler
12-22-2006, 02:26 PM

i heard that cambridge was segragated...is that true :?

:w:

Dawud_uk
12-23-2006, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

i heard that cambridge was segragated...is that true :?

no, not as far as i am aware. the fataawah on islam q and a are very clear on this matter it is best we stick with such clear evidence and avoid mixing at uni or in education.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
12-23-2006, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
no, not as far as i am aware. the fataawah on islam q and a are very clear on this matter it is best we stick with such clear evidence and avoid mixing at uni or in education.

Exactly, which is why I'm looking for a place to study in a muslim country, thats segregated, but so far, I haven't found anywhere, that teaches in English....and also accepts non-Arabs.

Dawud_uk
12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

Exactly, which is why I'm looking for a place to study in a muslim country, thats segregated, but so far, I haven't found anywhere, that teaches in English....and also accepts non-Arabs.

moqadishu university has four faculties in english and three in arabic, they accept anyone who is paying as far as i am aware.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

chacha_jalebi
12-23-2006, 03:57 PM
sumtimes its a mission to find a segregated school, let alone a uni :D

and anony:D as they say "it takes two too tango":p so as long as you keep ya self good, then it dont matter where you go, wherever you go, theres most likely to be males or females there, so if you can go to a uni in your local area, join the islamic society, chill with the muslim bros or sistas :D and woo hoo :D you dont gota mix with the opposite sex :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.