/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Murderer Escapes In Veil

Snowflake
12-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Male murder suspect escapes UK wearing veil

Pc Sharon Beshenivsky was shot dead in Bradford

Britain's border controls have been condemned as "non-existent" after it was claimed that the suspected murderer of a policewoman fled the country by disguising himself as a veiled Muslim woman.

Police reportedly believe that Mustaf Jamma, a prime suspect over the fatal shooting of PC Sharon Beshenivsky, used his sister's passport and wore a full niqab to evade checks at Heathrow airport.

Shadow Home Secretary David Davis insisted there should be an urgent inquiry.

At the time of the 26-year-old's apparent escape between Christmas day last year and New Year's day, he was one of the UK's most wanted men and the airport was on high alert in the wake of the July 7 bombing attacks.

But it is thought that staff rarely ask those departing Britain to remove veils in order to make sure their identification is valid.

A BAA Heathrow spokesman told The Times: "Immigration control staff always do a visual check on people coming into the country but only random checks are made with outgoing passengers."

Suspect: Mustaf Jamma

PIC

Shadow Home Secretary David Davis insisted an urgent inquiry was needed into the breach. "The idea that under any circumstances you could be let through passport control wearing a veil is barely credible," he said.

"Doing so when an All Persons Bulletin for murder has been issued demonstrates that our borders are not just porous but non-existent."

Detectives have vowed to catch both Jamma, who is thought to be in Somalia, and Piran Ditta Khan, who is also on the run.

Pc Beshenivsky was shot and killed on November 18 last year as she arrived at the scene of a robbery in Bradford city centre on the day of her youngest daughter's fourth birthday

finally... got to edit my post!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
This kind of abuse of the veil is definitely going to fuel the fire.

The guy is Muslim (or at least he has a Muslim name), he should know better than to abuse the veil like this. Moreover, he should know better than to flee the country when he is a murder suspect. People tend to associate fleeing with guilt. I'm not saying he committed the murder necessarily, but it sure looks that way. That makes me sound naive. It's just, there have been cases where the majority of the evidence points one way, yet at the end of it, there's one piece of evidence exonerating the defendant. That's not necessarily the case here, it's just...

Man, this situation is just a big mess.

Mawaddah
12-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh Wow. I'm really anticipating the big furor on banning the veil which is sure to follow.

Erundur
12-20-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
This kind of abuse of the veil is definitely going to fuel the fire.
Indeed, they will use this incident frequently, I wonder if his sister actually helped him...:?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
12-20-2006, 04:23 PM
All veiled women should have their identity checked by a female airport worker entering and leaving every single country in the world, as part of routine.

Islamicboy
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
This kind of stuff never happened until the government said that criminals can rob banks wearing the veil and etc.. Recently something similar happened in toronto where a man wore the Veil and robbed a jewerly store.

FBI
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
:sl:

I got to admit though I cracked up when I heard his allaged escape plan

AvarAllahNoor
12-20-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
All veiled women should have their identity checked by a female airport worker entering and leaving every single country in the world, as part of routine.
:happy:

chacha_jalebi
12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
yeh lol i bet the guy is in their custody :p they jus using this as an excuse for banning the veil & they chattin crap, because i remember when i went through checking at heathrow, we had to wait ages, because they would ask the niqaabis to go into this little booth & a female officer would check whether the photo on the passport was actually the person :p so this is a lie or jus plain dumbness :D

Bint Abdusattar
12-20-2006, 11:43 PM
:sl:
well i find this exteremely hard to believe!!
As a niqab wearer myself, i have travelled by air many times and every time i go to check in, i have to remove my veil to show my face - i have asked for a female member of staff to do this. Then after check-in when giong to the gate, checking takes place again and the veil removed again!! so........ how did this person get away with all that???
I've had to show my face to the bank teller when i was withdrawing money and when i opened an account!!
My sister told me about a veiled girl who had to show her face to a bus driver so that she could usse her bus pass!!!!

Yet staff at Heathrow Airport did not ask for the face to be shown!!!!:rollseyes :rollseyes oh dear - what will be the next ploy that will marr the niqab:rollseyes

:w:

Umar001
12-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Lol at the Bus Pass :p

Plus, it would be good if the Muslims who admited to murder were put to death

IzakHalevas
12-21-2006, 12:09 AM
This wouldn't have happened at all if airport officials had checked the suspect's passport properly.
You obviously did not read the part of your own post where it says the man used his sisters passport, and the airport people did not want to disrespect the veil. You see, there very well might have bee shortage of female workers since I usually do not see many, and I am sure there would be harsh complaints if a male had to do it. Maybe I am wrong, but when I visited the UK, no such veil check happend to someone I was on a plane with because there was no female to check her underneath.

If you wish I can outline the part of your own post which says this:

Police reportedly believe that Mustaf Jamma, a prime suspect over the fatal shooting of PC Sharon Beshenivsky, used his sister's passport and wore a full niqab to evade checks at Heathrow airport.

rubiesand
12-21-2006, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OP
Police reportedly believe
It would be nice if there was proof, or even some evidence? Police also reportedly believed that Jean Charles de Menezes was a suicide bomber. They can keep their reported beliefs to themselves. Like this, they end up feeding the hysteria.

AHMED_GUREY
12-21-2006, 12:56 AM
;D come on that ain't true ;D

but i do hope they catch him he's embarrassing us:heated:

believes are irrelevant we need facts not officers speculating and trying to link the infamous veil with a killer on the run

i can believe 3+2 = 9 but that doesn't mean i'm right

fact = 5 untill they come with some concrete evidence to back their claims i will simply see this as another go at the muslim sista's veil

channel4 BBCnews Fivenews all were bombarding me with Somalia Somalia he's from Somalia Somalia Islamic courts oehh oehh watch out Somalia blablablah

not once did i see a report about the Somali Brother who won Gold in Italy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/6166845.stm

i sense something sinister here hmmm...

Panatella
12-21-2006, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
;D come on that ain't true ;D

but i do hope they catch him he's embarrassing us:heated:

believes are irrelevant we need facts not officers speculating and trying to link the infamous veil with a killer on the run

i can believe 3+2 = 9 but that doesn't mean i'm right

fact = 5 untill they come with some concrete evidence to back their claims i will simply see this as another go at the muslim sista's veil

channel4 BBCnews Fivenews all were bombarding me with Somalia Somalia he's from Somalia Somalia Islamic courts oehh oehh watch out Somalia blablablah

not once did i see a report about the Somali Brother who won Gold in Italy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/6166845.stm

i sense something sinister here hmmm...
Why would you find this so hard to believe?

You don't think that the police just 'think up' some explaination, and then just 'believe' it do you? Not that the procedures are infallible, but the police are critical thinkers, and in an investigation they don't state that they 'believe' something, unless they have good evidence and are pretty ****ed sure.
Why would you find this so hard to believe?

Malaikah
12-21-2006, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
You obviously did not read the part of your own post where it says the man used his sisters passport, and the airport people did not want to disrespect the veil. You see, there very well might have bee shortage of female workers since I usually do not see many, and I am sure there would be harsh complaints if a male had to do it. Maybe I am wrong, but when I visited the UK, no such veil check happend to someone I was on a plane with because there was no female to check her underneath.
Why couldn't they ask any female, such as another female passenger to check? It not like passengers don't have eyes.:rollseyes

strider
12-21-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Why couldn't they ask any female, such as another female passenger to check? It not like passengers don't have eyes.:rollseyes
Because it isn't the responsibility of immigration officials to check the identity of outgoing passengers. It's left to the airline the passenger is boarding with, and they by no means have the extensive powers officials have.

Snowflake
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
You obviously did not read the part of your own post where it says the man used his sisters passport,
Obviously not :X

Ninth_Scribe
12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Male murder suspect escapes UK wearing veil
He's not the only person who did that... but shhhh.

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.