/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Somalia 2006 - The New Islamic State?

- Qatada -
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
:salamext:

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTkaIjQ7fyU

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aqonsi
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
allhu akbar, may allah bless somalis with peace and return them to the right path, may allah destory the ethiopians who are trying to invade somalia. ameen

FBI
12-20-2006, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aqonsi
allhu akbar, may allah bless somalis with peace and return them to the right path, may allah destory the ethiopians who are trying to invade somalia. ameen
Hey bro I've seen u on slife:D

- Qatada -
12-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Let's not cause disunity by saying all ethiopians, but may Allaah guide us all, protect us all and give us victory in every way soon insha'Allaah. ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FBI
12-20-2006, 04:33 PM
:sl:

Man I might get married and head back home.

habiibti
12-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Insha Allah we are on da verge of insha Allah attaining that but only if da west stopped called them extremists and terrorists.Majority of somalis and muslims are happy with it,i dont know what is bothering da others.

they have Allah on their side insha Allah they will pull thru.

- Qatada -
12-20-2006, 04:38 PM

Sister habiibti, we know that this will happen anyway. It's the sunnah of Allaah to test and try the believers to see if they will stay firm.

The muslims when they made hijrah to Medina were probably called extremists, and people spread propaganda about them too. But we know that with hardship, Allaah brings relief alhamdulillah. Insha'Allaah we will see the fruits, but with this comes hard work.

aqonsi
12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
Hey bro I've seen u on slife:D
lol, your not wrong, i left that filthy place,

anyway back to topic, ok not all ethiopians but the current goverment of ethiopia is up to no good. and may allah destory them :grumbling

yes habiiiti most somalis want them to do well and bring back some law and order. wallahi it makes me sick of these secularist calling them islamists like they r not muslim.

may allah destory ethiopia and those that support them.

habiibti
12-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Bro, i know every where most non believers see da word sharia and i dedicated believers they put their foot down.May Allah make da ummah one victorious nation under da same banner.amiin

habiibti
12-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Aqonsi,1st welcm to LI, can u please stop saying may Allah destroy ethiopia,there are thousands of innocent muslims and non muslims alike in ethiopia who did nothing wrong.U r maybe angry at da administration in ethiopia and not da whole population.bro dont let angry blind u,it is a weapon used by shaydaan.

aqonsi
12-20-2006, 04:56 PM
may allah destory those who fight against islam and the muslims

Umm Yoosuf
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Ameen to all the above du'as.

Lets remember the Muslim Ummah in our du'as.

starfortress
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Yes this is a good news indeed:thumbs_upAlhamdulillah and all Muslims should support them to rebuild their nation,even with our Dua

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Yes. I heard of the Islamic court all of my somalian freind are insupport of it. One my freind went to somalia, and he was pleased.

amirah_87
12-20-2006, 10:09 PM
As Salaamu Alaykum,

never watched it, but Ameen to the duaahs.

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Here is an open dialogue in Islamonline: http://www.islamonline.net/livedialo...GuestID=HsrJeY

Their was group of people angry over banning QAT.

Any somalian brothers and sisters care to explain?

he! he! eh! It is like banning phaan/shupari with a more narcotic effect.

FBI
12-20-2006, 10:21 PM

QAT
It's a drug which is in leaf form, it's chewed it's an intoxicant so it's haraam, but with the way u see some folks back home chew u'd think that's all they do all day.

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

It's a drug which is in leaf form, it's chewed it's an intoxicant so it's haraam, but with the way u see some folks back home chew u'd think that's all they do all day.
LOL. I had a somalian freind in college, who told me and showed me some.

Anyway what you think about the interim goverment?

AHMED_GUREY
12-20-2006, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Here is an open dialogue in Islamonline: http://www.islamonline.net/livedialo...GuestID=HsrJeY

Their was group of people angry over banning QAT.

Any somalian brothers and sisters care to explain?

he! he! eh! It is like banning phaan/shupari with a more narcotic effect.
Khat is a disease masha-allah that the Islamic Courts have banned it

a month ago Kenya put a ban on flights from and to Somalia but today Kenya is paying the price for that action cause that ban caused the ICU to ban the khat trade in it's whole wich is worth 3/500 million dollars a year

the people in Mogadishu because of the stability and the diaspora returning and opening new businesses have new jobs and therefore they don't need this trade

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
Khat is a disease masha-allah that the Islamic Courts have banned it

a month ago Kenya put a ban on flights from and to Somalia but today Kenya is paying the price for that action cause that ban caused the ICU to ban the khat trade in it's whole wich is worth 3/500 million dollars a year

the people in Mogadishu because of the stability and the diaspora returning and opening new businesses have new jobs and therefore they don't need this trade
Mashalla, May allah keep them firm in Islam and keep them away from misguidance.

any toughts on the interim goverment? The one heavily backed by ethopia and mainy the European umbrella known as the U.N?

AHMED_GUREY
12-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Mashalla, May allah keep them firm in Islam and keep them away from misguidance.

any toughts on the interim goverment? The one heavily backed by ethopia and mainy the European umbrella known as the U.N?

there ''are'' good Somalis in the interim government but the main leaders are lost sheep

the fact that 2 months ago 40 ministers left the government because of the foreign troops decision and the fact that the speaker of the parliament and 6/70 ministers went to the Islamic courts to seek a peacedeal and the fact that 600 government troops defected to the Islamic courts shows there are those in the Interim government who care for the ordinary Somali

but it doesn't look good for them cause 2 main government military bases have been sacked and the ICU soldiers are only a few miles away from the government seat

but but they might come to the peace table again as reports indicate

insha-allah this will happen

no more war insha-allah imsad

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
there ''are'' good Somalis in the interim government but the main leaders are lost sheep

the fact that 2 months ago 40 ministers left the government because of the foreign troops decision and the fact that the speaker of the parliament and 6/70 ministers went to the Islamic courts to seek a peacedeal and the fact that 600 government troops defected to the Islamic courts shows there are those in the Interim government who care for the ordinary Somali

but it doesn't look good for them cause 2 main government military bases have been sacked and the ICU soldiers are only a few miles away from the government seat

but but they might come to the peace table again as reports indicate

insha-allah this will happen

no more war insha-allah imsad
I wanted some somalian brothers & sisters opinion, however I cannot fathom the tribal war leaders that caused so much anarchy now are united and with a common supposed enemy Islamic Court.
As I can see Islamic court are trying to apply the Islamic Law with Justice, and they are introducing Islamic education to a reasonable level considering their is not adequate education structure to start with, a result of war.

I really don't see why they don't leave behind this Tribalism, and take the advice of the Quran. It is never to late for Allah's forgiveness. Bringing in the support of the UN and eithopia is a bad idea for the somalian, cause they will suffer no matter what supposed notion they hold.
If the interim goverment keeps with this stance, they will be facing lot of distaste from muslims in general all over the world.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-20-2006, 11:23 PM
MashAllah:thumbs_up May Allah help ease the pain of the Muslims and always lead them to succes, InshAllah. Ameen to the other Dua's as well.

Dahir
12-21-2006, 01:24 AM
There is only one problem with this picture.

It seems fully possible, and at least 90% possible that the Islamic Courts will win the whole nation, including the autonomous Somaliland.

But, therein lies the major problem, not of land or culture, but SECTARIANISM.

Yeah, boys and girls, that's right -- SECTARIANISM!!

You see, Islamic practice in Somalia is one of the most mysterious and alluring in almost all of the Muslim world.

The majority of Somalis practice Sufism, which they believe is Qutism -- which is a liberal translation of the Quran.

But the Islamic Courts has several members, like leader Hassan Aweys, who is a very conservatice Salafi, which I respect deeply.

He has raided many Sufi meetings and temples, cleansing the land like no other in its history.

But it won't end there. The Sufis, who head about 95% of the Islamic Courts, though not the power, will fight back, and they will get support from someone, and it could be Ethiopia or the West.

Somalia, if extremely lucky, will prosper into an Islamic nation, but Sectarianism is still a major issue in religious politics in the country.

Just my opinion, folks.....

Skillganon
12-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Brother I don't know about sufism in somalia.

Anyway I will ask my somalian brother.

Dahir
12-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Brother I don't know about sufism in somalia.

Anyway I will ask my somalian brother.
Take it from me, a fellow Somali, that Sufism is alive and well in Somalia, probably one of the highest concentrations in the Islamic world.

My grandmother, bless her innocent soul, has done a few 'Sufi' things, here and there, but I've prayed enough that hopefully she will be forgiven.

Many Somalis don't acknowledge that their form of Sufism is shirk, but that's just pure denial.

I've had my own mother tell me that certain bizarre rituals are justified, despite them being as extreme as some Hindu and Shia impalings and beatings.

'Tis a sad coming days in Somalia, and insha allah all goes well and smooth.

habiibti
12-21-2006, 02:29 AM
There are sufis in somalia but i dont think they are that organised or many in number,few here and there.And trust me,everyone is up for peace,be sufi or salafi,that is da common goal.Insha Allah we have Allah on our side and He never abandons his slaves when they need him.Just pray for our fellow muslims insha Allah

Hijrah
12-21-2006, 02:38 AM
hopefully, this is a reality insha'allah

Skillganon
12-21-2006, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Take it from me, a fellow Somali, that Sufism is alive and well in Somalia, probably one of the highest concentrations in the Islamic world.

My grandmother, bless her innocent soul, has done a few 'Sufi' things, here and there, but I've prayed enough that hopefully she will be forgiven.

Many Somalis don't acknowledge that their form of Sufism is shirk, but that's just pure denial.

I've had my own mother tell me that certain bizarre rituals are justified, despite them being as extreme as some Hindu and Shia impalings and beatings.

'Tis a sad coming days in Somalia, and insha allah all goes well and smooth.
LOL. Bizzare stuff? Brother t may be what you attributing to sufi thing's that was from the Jahillaya. Well at bangladesh and amongst certain people this are common. Just part of folk-lore, and they never heard of sufi's.

Dahir
12-21-2006, 04:20 AM
LOL. Bizzare stuff? Brother t may be what you attributing to sufi thing's that was from the Jahillaya. Well at bangladesh and amongst certain people this are common. Just part of folk-lore, and they never heard of sufi's.
Exactly what I mean. Lack of knowledge. That's the difference between ignorant Sufism and intellectual Salafism.

Salafism is strict and highly text-based, whereas Sufism is most times a completely blind practice.

The folklore does play a major part in fueling Sufism, and Somalia is the poet's society of Africa, which does not help the scenario a single bit.

But the Sufis, despite being highly unorganized and unaware of their practices altogether, have unimaginable numbers as Sufism is intertwined with Somali Islamic practices, which could avert any conflict.

I'm still hoping that Hassan Aweys, the more 'extreme' in the group, can lead the spiritual movement and leave the politics to the more youthful and friendly Sheikh Ahmed -- that would be a powerful and successful movement right there and it seems likely so.

New_Muslim
12-21-2006, 06:13 AM
InshAllah Islam will spread throughout the globe. Somalia is just the start.

aqonsi
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Exactly what I mean. Lack of knowledge. That's the difference between ignorant Sufism and intellectual Salafism.

Salafism is strict and highly text-based, whereas Sufism is most times a completely blind practice.

The folklore does play a major part in fueling Sufism, and Somalia is the poet's society of Africa, which does not help the scenario a single bit.

But the Sufis, despite being highly unorganized and unaware of their practices altogether, have unimaginable numbers as Sufism is intertwined with Somali Islamic practices, which could avert any conflict.

I'm still hoping that Hassan Aweys, the more 'extreme' in the group, can lead the spiritual movement and leave the politics to the more youthful and friendly Sheikh Ahmed -- that would be a powerful and successful movement right there and it seems likely so.

im a somali, and yes there is a long sufi tradition in somalia, but.... i don't think they are a organised well enough to fight against the islamic courts, first there must be peace.

its just becuase of a lack of education that people continue with these disgusting acts of shirk, but i garnetee you that once they recieve the correct education and somalis are given the right evidence that what they are doing is wrong. i believe this perverse ideas can be got rid off in one genteration.

but having said that, i also think its in the best interests of somalia to be moderate in our behaviour towards each other, killing is not always the solution. lets talk and debate and intellectually defeat these ideas not just kill the person.

may allah bring us towards the right way ameen.

Hijrah
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Can someone sum up the vid, I saw a little bit and it seems as if a jihaadi group is taking over, I sure hope not, I hope I just saw something wrong or am mistaken.

- Qatada -
12-21-2006, 08:36 PM

Their working hard to create an islamic state. The sisters in the vid are shown wearing niqaabs, the brothers growing beards and there are interviews with ex-warlords who would fight for tribalism, one said that he used to rape women and kill men and feel really strong - but now he has a real cause to fight for [for Allaah's sake.] They are calling the muslims to unite and to be those who will unite & start the islamic state. And they are preparing to fight some of the ethiopians who are fighting for the US's sake, and Allaah Azawajal knows best.

Hijrah
12-21-2006, 08:39 PM
don't they have to decide in a khalifa?

Dahir
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aqonsi
im a somali, and yes there is a long sufi tradition in somalia, but.... i don't think they are a organised well enough to fight against the islamic courts, first there must be peace.

its just becuase of a lack of education that people continue with these disgusting acts of shirk, but i garnetee you that once they recieve the correct education and somalis are given the right evidence that what they are doing is wrong. i believe this perverse ideas can be got rid off in one genteration.

but having said that, i also think its in the best interests of somalia to be moderate in our behaviour towards each other, killing is not always the solution. lets talk and debate and intellectually defeat these ideas not just kill the person.

may allah bring us towards the right way ameen.
Exactly what I meant.

At first, early in the conflict, I didn't really care, I thought, oh well its just another skirmish in Somalia, no news there.

But as I noticed the number of Salafis in the ranks of the Islamic Courts and their crackdowns on Sufism, I saw a real opportunity for Somalis to be educated on the dirty practices of Sufism!

This should be Somalia's coldest wake-up call in the religious department.

netprince
12-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Exactly what I meant.

At first, [U]early in the conflict, I didn't really care, [/U]I thought, oh well its just another skirmish in Somalia, no news there. .
So Muslims dying and killing each other is ok, as long as they are not salafi's ??

But as I noticed the number of Salafis
Whoa!! Pseduo Salafi's involved, must be ok to start caring now.

in the ranks of the Islamic Courts and their crackdowns on Sufism
They are cracking down other muslims and imposing 'our' ideals, this situation looks hopeful now.

, I saw a real opportunity for Somalis to be educated
To the way of the pseudo-salfi's

on the dirty practices of Sufism!
Halleluja!! Praise the Lord! We get o do what we enjoy, expose the faults of others and thereby feel better about our own faultless characters.

This should be Somalia's coldest wake-up call in the religious department.

- Qatada -
12-21-2006, 10:56 PM

subhan Allaah.. even when we discussing a thread of unity [an islamic state] we still argue over sects.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.