/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Miracles Experienced By the Salaf

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-20-2006, 10:43 PM
:sl:

The following narrations were collected by 'Abdullah 'Azzam in the second chapter of his book, 'Ayat ar-Rahman fi Jihad al-Afghan' (p. 82-94 of the second edition):

1 - Abu Bakr:

'A'ishah narrated: "When he was on his deathbed, my father said to me: "Verily, you have two brothers and two sisters." So, I became startled at this, as I only had two brothers and one sister. He referred to his then-pregnant wife, Bint Kharijah, saying: "I see that she is pregnant with a girl," and that turned out to be exactly the case."

[Reported by ash-Shatibi in 'al-Muwafaqat' (4/85), and Ibn Taymiyyah mentioned it in 'Majmu' al-Fatawa' (11/318)]

2 - Abu Qurfasah:

"The Romans imprisoned a son of the Companion, Abu Qurfasah. So, whenever it was time for prayer, Abu Qurfasah would climb the wall of 'Asqalan (in Syria) and call out: "O, son! It is time to pray!" And, his son would hear him all the way from the land of the Romans."

['Majma' az-Zawa'id' (9/396), and it is authentic]

3 - Ibn 'Abbas:

"Ibn 'Abbas died in at-Ta'if, and a bird, the likes of which had never been seen before, was seen at his funeral. The bird entered the hole in the ground where Ibn 'Abbas was to be buried. So, we looked and waited to see if it would come out, and it didn't. When his body was finally placed in the ground, we could hear the verse {"O, the one in rest and satisfaction! Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased and well-pleasing!"} [al-Fajr; 27-8] being recited from the edge of his grave, but we were unable to find out who had recited it."

[Reported by al-Hakim in 'al-Mustadrak' (3/543), and it is authentic]

4 - 'Umar bin al-Khattab:

'Abdullah bin Mas'ud narrated:

"A man from among the humans went out and was met by a man from among the jinn, who said: "Will you wrestle with me? If you throw me to the ground, I will teach you an verse which, if you recite it when you enter your house, no devil will enter." So, he wrestled with him and threw him to the ground. He said: "I see that you are very small and your forearms are like the front paws of a dog. Are all the jinn like this, or only you?" He said: "I am strong amongst them. Let us wrestle again." So, they wrestled again and the human threw him to the ground. So, the jinn said: "Recite Ayat al-Kursi, for no one recites it when he enters his house except that Satan leaves, passing wind like a donkey.""

It was said to Ibn Mas'ud: "Was that man 'Umar?"

He said: "Who else could it have been, other than 'Umar?"

['Majma' az-Zawa'id'; 9/71, and it is authentic]

5 - Zayd bin Kharijah al-Ansari:

Sa'id bin al-Musayyib narrated:

"Zayd bin Kharijah al-Ansari died during the reign of 'Uthman bin 'Affan. When he was wrapped in a shroud and being prepared for burial, a gurgling sound was heard coming from his chest, then Zayd got up and said: "Ahmad! Ahmad! He is in the first Book! Abu Bakr has spoken the truth! 'Umar has spoken the truth! 'Uthman has spoken the truth!""

['al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah'; 6/293; and it is authentic]

Sa'id then said:

"Then, another man died shortly thereafter. When he was wrapped in a shroud and being prepared for burial, a gurgling sound was heard coming from his chest. The man then got up and said: "Zayd bin Kharijah has spoken the truth!""

['Majma' az-Zawa'id'; 8/230, and it is authentic]

6 - Hamzah bin 'Abd al-Mutallib:

"When the bodies of the martyrs of Uhud were being relocated forty years after their burial (during the reign of Mu'awiyah), the foot of Hamzah bin 'Abd al-Mutallib was scratched in the process of being moved, and it started gushing blood."

['al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah'; 4/43, and it is authentic]

7 - al-'Ala' al-Hadrami:

Abu Hurayrah narrated:

"al-'Ala' al-Hadrami supplicated for rain, and it then began to rain in the middle of the desert. In another incident, he supplicated, and we were able to walk over the water in the Arabian Peninsula (near Bahrain), without even the bottom of our feet getting wet. When he died, we buried him, and after a while, we opened up his grave to find that he was not there."

['Majma' az-Zawa'id'; 9/276]

8 - Salman and Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas:

"When Sa'd and the Muslim army arrived at the Tigris River during the battle of Qadisiyyah, Salman stopped and said: "A river from the rivers of Allah. Will it not carry the soldiers of Allah?" So, he took Sa'd by the hand and stepped onto the water, leading all 30,000 soldiers across the Tigris River on foot. The Persians saw this and escaped, saying: "The demons have arrived! The demons have arrived!""

[Reported by at-Tabari in 'at-Tarikh' (3/123), and Ibn Kathir in 'al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah' (7/64)]

9 - Khalid bin al-Walid:

Khayshamah narrated:

"Khalid bin al-Walid came to a man carrying a jug of alcohol, so, he said: "O Allah! Turn it into honey!" So, it turned into honey."

[Reported by Ibn Hajar in 'al-Isabah fi Ma'rifat as-Sahabah'; p. 414]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nawal89
12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Subhanallah amazing :cry:

learningislam
12-29-2006, 11:23 AM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah......thats the first time i have read about this.
JazakAllah khair for sharing this.

:wasalamex

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-05-2007, 02:46 PM
10 - Ahmad bin Fudayl narrated:

"Abu Mu'awiyah al-Aswad went out for Jihad and took part in a battle in which the Muslims had surrounded a fortress on top of which a 'ilj (Roman disbeliever) was standing who would not throw an arrow or a stone except that he would strike his target. The Muslims complained about this to Abu Mu'awiyah, so he recited: {"And it was not you who threw when you threw. Rather, it was Allah who threw..."} [al-Anfal; 17] Then, he said: "Shield me from him."

Then he got up and said: "Where do you wish for me to strike him?"

They said: "In his private parts."

Abu Mu'awiyah said: "O Allah! You have heard what they have asked of me, so grant me what they ask of me!" Then he said 'bismillah' and shot the arrow. The arrow went straight for the wall of the fortress, seemingly about to miss the disbeliever. Then, right when it was about to hit the wall, it changed course and shot straight up, striking the 'ilj in his private parts.

Abu Mu'awiyah then said: "Your problem with him is over.""

['Siyar A'lam an-Nubala''; 8/43]

11 - Abu az-Zahiriyyah narrated:

"I went to Tarsus, so I entered upon Abu Mu'awiyah al-Aswad after he had become blind. In his house, I saw a Mushaf hanging from the wall, so said to him: "May Allah have Mercy upon you! A Mushaf while you cannot even see?"

He replied: "My brother, will you keep a secret for me until the day I die?"

I said: "Yes." Then, he said to me: "Verily, when I want to read from the Qur'an, my eyesight comes back to me.""

12 - Abu Hamzah Nasir bin al-Faraj al-Aslami - and he was a servant of Abu Mu'awiyah al-Aswad - narrates something similar:

"Abu Mu'awiyah had lost his eyesight. So, if he wished to read from the Qur'an, he would grab around the room for the Mushaf until he would find it. As soon as he would open it, Allah would return his eyesight to him. As soon as he closed it, his eyesight would leave him."

13 - Usayd bin Hudayr narrated:

...that while he was reciting 'al-Baqarah' at night, and his horse was tied beside him, the horse was suddenly startled and troubled. When he stopped reciting, the horse became quiet, and when he started again, the horse was startled again. Then, he stopped reciting, and the horse became quiet, too. He started reciting again, and the horse was startled and troubled once again. Then, he stopped reciting, and his son, Yahya, was beside the horse. He was afraid that the horse might trample him. When he took the boy away and looked towards the sky, he could not see it.

The next morning he informed the Prophet who said: "Recite, O Ibn Hudayr! Recite, O Ibn Hudayr!" Ibn Hudayr replied: "O Messenger of Allah! My son, Yahya, was near the horse, and I was afraid that it might trample him, so, I looked towards the sky, and went to him. When I looked at the sky, I saw something like a cloud containing what looked like lamps, and I went out in order not to see it." The Prophet said: "Do you know what that was?" Ibn Hudayr replied: "No." The Prophet said: "Those were Angels who came near you for your voice, and if you had kept on reciting till dawn, it would have remained there till morning for the people to have seen it, as it would not have disappeared."

['Sahih al-Bukhari'; # 5018]

14 - adh-Dhahabi reported:

"Salman al-Farisi and Abu ad-Darda' were eating out of a dish. Suddenly, the dish - or what was in the dish - began to say 'Subhan Allah.'"

['Siyar A'lam an-Nubala''; 2/348]

15 - Anas bin Malik narrated:

"One night, 'Ubad bin Bishr and Usayd bin Hudayr left the residence of the Prophet on a very dark night. Suddenly, a light appeared that lit their way for them. When they parted ways, the light disappeared."

['Sahih al-Bukhari' (3805), the 'Musnad' of Ahmad (3/138), 'al-Mustadrak' of al-Hakim (3/288), and 'Siyar A'lam an-Nubala'' (1/299)]

16 - Abu Hurayrah narrated:

...that Bint al-Harith said, when Khubayb bin 'Udayy was a prisoner of the Quraysh in Makkah: "...By Allah, one day, I saw him eating from a bunch of grapes in his hand while he was locked in a steel cage, and there were no crops growing in Makkah at the time."

['Sahih al-Bukhari' (3045, 3889, 4086, 7402) and 'Siyar A'lam an-Nubala'' (1/249)]

17 - 'Urwah bin az-Zubayr narrated:

"When 'Amir bin Fuhayrah was martyred, 'Amir bin at-Tufayl saw his body being lifted into the air. We considered that these were the Angels lifting him."

['al-Isabah fi Ma'rifat as-Sahabah'; 4/247]

18 - Umm Ayman narrated:

"When I was making Hijrah, and had no supplied or water with me, I was about to die of thirst. I was fasting, and when it was time to break my fast, I heard a noise above my head. So, I looked up, and saw a waterskin hanging above my head. I drank from it until I had quenched my thirst, and I was never thirsty again for the rest of my life."

[''Siyar A'lam an-Nubala'' (2/224), 'at-Tabaqat' of Ibn Sa'd (/224), and 'al-Isabah' (4/415)]

19 - Ibn Hajar narrated:

...that when az-Zanayrah was tortured by the Mushrikin so that she would renounce her Islam, her eyesight was taken away. So, the Mushrikin said: "al-Lat and al-'Uzza took away her eyesight!" So, she said: "No, by Allah!" So, her eyesight was returned.

[''al-Isabah fi Ma'rifat as-Sahabah'; 4/305]

Posted by a brother at IN --> http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=9641

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Idris
02-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Subhanallah

Goku
02-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Mash'Allah.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-05-2007, 03:46 PM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah. Those were amazing. They really make your iman increase in the way that they describe the miracles of Allah!

'Abd al-Baari
02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Subhanallah.......so amazing
Jazakllah for sharing

Maimunah
02-05-2007, 07:14 PM
subhanaAllah, thats was sooo amazing
am soo goan print it

jazakaAllah khayr

wasalaam

syilla
02-08-2007, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani
:
9 - Khalid bin al-Walid:

Khayshamah narrated:

"Khalid bin al-Walid came to a man carrying a jug of alcohol, so, he said: "O Allah! Turn it into honey!" So, it turned into honey."

[Reported by Ibn Hajar in 'al-Isabah fi Ma'rifat as-Sahabah'; p. 414]
oh i remember this story...is about repentence. How he is so afraid of Khalid bin al-Walid (because Khalid saw him and has suspected he is carrying alcohol) and when Khalid asked him, he said it was honey (at that time he has repented on the spot). Allah subhanahuwata'ala accepted his repentence and turned the alcohol into honey. :shade:

MashaAllah...

rieaane
02-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Subhanallah, really amazing...I want more!

Dhulqarnaeen
02-08-2007, 08:47 AM
:w:

May Allah show hidayah to people who like to curse the companions of Rasulullah,amin. Actually theyre just been blind and make fool of them self

Al-Hanbali
02-08-2007, 09:00 AM
:sl:

Subhan'ALLAH (SWT)

lyesh
04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
SUBHANALLAH!!! brother, have you got anymore....

جوري
03-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Love this thread and subscribes.. I so hope for a miracle or two myself insha'Allah..
Jazaka Allah khyran for posting a most excellent thread..

:w:

Hulk
03-23-2012, 11:46 PM
thank u for sharing!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.