/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijra

Makky
12-20-2006, 10:00 AM
:sl:
We have been discussing Hijra in few threads before

Insha Allah this poll can help people who are thinking about hijra or planing to make it ..

so the question is : If you are supposed to make Hijra where would be your choice and why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Pakistan is home for me

Makky
12-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Pakistan is home for me
:) Egypt is home for me but I'll choose Saudia if i'm supposed to make hijra

I wish to live in Makkah or Madinah insh' Allah

Fishman
12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Where is Malaysia? No, I know where the country is, I just want to know why it's not on the list!
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Where is Malaysia? No, I know where the country is, I just want to know why it's not on the list!
Cause it is not in exactly an Islamic state.
It is muslim in majority.

It has less muslim than bangladesh, but bangladesh is not an Islamic state.

Makky
Please mods add the Malaysian option For brother Fishman :)

netprince
Arabia - To the Land of our Prophet (SAW) - To be in the blessed cities of Mecca and Medina.

Mauritania/Yemen - To seek traditional knowledge from people who still remember the ways of islam.

Pakistan - Back to the land of my forefathers - never to be a foreigner in a foreign land again.

Hijrah
12-21-2006, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Cause it is not in exactly an Islamic state.
It is muslim in majority.

It has less muslim than bangladesh, but bangladesh is not an Islamic state.
And all the other countries are? There is no Islamic State, it depends on whether or not Muslims control the government or whether or not they are a majority.

habiibti
12-21-2006, 02:34 AM
I wanna see malaysia on da polls.i have never been there,but i have a feeling it is a great place.i have seen some wonderful muslims from there.

netprince
12-21-2006, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
I wanna see malaysia on da polls.i have never been there,but i have a feeling it is a great place.i have seen some wonderful muslims from there.
Malaysia definitely should be included in any kind of poll of muslim countries.

Skywalker
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Salaam u aleikum, this is my first post on this forum *hooray*

Anyways, if you're going to get technical about what countries are "Islamic states" meaning they are governed by Shariah law, as opposed to countries with a Muslim majority, then the list is going to be a lot shorter.

If it's the former, then my vote goes to Malaysia for obvious reasons, but if the latter, then it would have to be Saudia, although I'm positive that Shariah is not being practiced anywhere the way it's supposed to be.

If I had it my way, I'd create a new Islamic state, and set up an Islamic government from scratch, using only the Qur'an and Sunnah as guides, not other people's assumptions and deductions...which in some cases are fuelled by corruption. :S

Skywalker
12-21-2006, 07:48 PM
By the way, what's so cool about Somalia? Why's everybody voting for it? Just out of curiosity...

netprince
12-21-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
By the way, what's so cool about Somalia? Why's everybody voting for it? Just out of curiosity...
Somalia seems to be heading for an 'islamic' government. The militias look like they have been brought under control and the country looks to be heading back on the right track. Do a search for Somalia, someone posted a link to a news report about it.

netprince
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Heres the link if your interested in watching the news report

netprince
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
Heres the link if your interested in watching the news report
Try again!

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...mic-state.html

Skywalker
12-21-2006, 08:35 PM
But it looks like it still has ways to go before any kind of permanent government can be established. Especially now that Eithopia is in the game. Not to mention the UN, and the whole "Al Qaida is using Somalia as a base" deal. I really wish that they would establish a good Shariah government and show the whole world that it can work, but realistically, it's not going to be easy at all. Especially because they're trying to enforce it instead of getting people to love it and ask for it, I see that as the biggest obstacle next to the political one.

- Qatada -
12-21-2006, 08:40 PM
:salamext:

Brother skywalker, thats part of Allaah Almighty's will :) the muslims were always under threat from the disbelievers in Medinah until the 5/6th year after hijrah of the Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam. They even had 3 crucial battles; badr, uhud, khandaq/ahzaab - so obviously the muslims will have to go through trials too.

netprince
12-21-2006, 08:44 PM
But it looks like it still has ways to go before any kind of permanent government can be established. Especially now that Eithopia is in the game. Not to mention the UN, and the whole "Al Qaida is using Somalia as a base" deal. I really wish that they would establish a good Shariah government and show the whole world that it can work, but realistically, it's not going to be easy at all. Especially because they're trying to enforce it instead of getting people to love it and ask for it, I see that as the biggest obstacle next to the political one.
Its a step in the right direction, moving away from the highly troubled and anarchic state Somalia has been in for a number of years and trying to achieve a semblance of order and peace.

I'm sure some Somali brothers/Sisters must be members of this forum, maybe they could shed some light on how good or bad the state of Somalia was and how much of a good/bad effect this new direction is having on the country and people of Somalia.

BlissfullyJaded
12-21-2006, 09:14 PM

There are a lot of Somali members here, so I suppose thats part of the reasoning why its getting a lot of votes.

I voted Saudi Arabia, naturally because of Makkah and Madeenah. Malaysia is also a good option.

netprince
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
I didnt actually vote for any of the options....

As my first post shows my heart would be divided, if it came down to a must then id have to say id move to Medina, as they were the people who welcomed our prophet (saw) in his time of need.

north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 03:05 AM
Well, I live in Malaysia... but if I'm forced to do hijra, I'll choose the emirates...

Skywalker
12-22-2006, 07:05 AM
Wow you're from Malaysia?! Mashaa-Allah, I'd love to go there once, at least just to visit. Just looking at your signature makes me want to start packing my bags ;)

format_quote Originally Posted by fi_sabilillah
Brother skywalker, thats part of Allaah Almighty's will the muslims were always under threat from the disbelievers in Medinah until the 5/6th year after hijrah of the Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam. They even had 3 crucial battles; badr, uhud, khandaq/ahzaab - so obviously the muslims will have to go through trials too
That's true, but unlike then, they have the world's current superpower to worry about, not to mention their media, which will portray them as criminals and terrorists to the whole world. The enemy now is not only stronger, but a lot more ruthless than anything prophet Mohammed (pbuh) had to fight.

I'm not saying that they don't have a chance, no, with the will of Allah anyone has a chance, but I think they still haven't fought their hardest battle. I think more media coverage of the improvements they've made to the country will go a long way for sparing them from such a battle.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen in the video that netprince posted a link to, they're already doing some things wrong in accordance to Shariah, so I'm not sure how much blessing that will receive from Allah. Of course, that is not to say that they're doing a lot of things right, which al7amdulilah is a very nice thing to see.

north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Wow you're from Malaysia?! Mashaa-Allah, I'd love to go there once, at least just to visit. Just looking at your signature makes me want to start packing my bags ;)
But dont come now... we're having the most awful monsoon season since 1971 .. it'll be raining heavily until Christmas.... 6 people already dead ... and 60,000+ evacuated. Hope this will end soon.. (but it's still shining here in the northern region)

Skywalker
12-22-2006, 07:34 AM
May Allah end the monsoon quickly and and help all our brothers and sisters stay safe and return safely to their homes as soon as possible ya Rab! Amin.

I also noticed that I can't edit my posts yet, so I'd like to just add a word to my last post:
"Of course, that is not to say that they're not doing a lot of things right, which al7amdulilah is a very nice thing to see."

north_malaysian
12-22-2006, 08:11 AM
May Allah end the monsoon quickly and and help all our brothers and sisters stay safe and return safely to their homes as soon as possible ya Rab! Amin.

I also noticed that I can't edit my posts yet, so I'd like to just add a word to my last post:
"Of course, that is not to say that they're not doing a lot of things right, which al7amdulilah is a very nice thing to see."
thanks for your du3a

Malaikah
01-14-2007, 02:33 AM

Mauritania... I've never heard of it before... is that the country known for its outstanding memorises of Quran? :?

lolwatever
01-14-2007, 06:31 AM
^ yep

netprince
01-15-2007, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Mauritania... I've never heard of it before... is that the country known for its outstanding memorises of Quran? :?
Indeed, one of the things they are well known for is their brilliant memories, and memorisation techniques.

muslima1
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM

I was torn between Madinah and Yemen but I chose Yemen because I went there for a day when I was going for umrah in the holy month of Ramadhan.
Subhanallah the way the live is in pure simplicity like they don't have any care for the world it just reminded of how the sahabahs lived.
There is a lot ilnm there aswell as amal.

Inshallah I want study further in tafseer of quraan after I finishmy course I want to go Yemen but my brother wants to go Madinah so I have no idea what I am going to do.

Güven
10-02-2008, 09:18 PM
its either Malaysia , Yemen or one of the two holy cities Mekka and Medina :)

truemuslim
10-02-2008, 09:24 PM
defidently saudi...or egypt...or yemen...but mostly saudi since i looooove mekka and medina!

Nájlá
10-02-2008, 09:24 PM
same as bro Guven^ and Egypt as well for me

Lamees
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Macca or Madina:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.