/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Cafe.....

aby5y
12-21-2006, 06:16 PM
My friend is thinking of opening a sheesha café in Pakistan that will play loud music (Bhangra, English etc). Is this allowed in Islamic Shariah? Will the income be Halal? I need to know so I can advise him.

Jazak-Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuSe
12-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Music is haraam...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...ing-music.html

Snowflake
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aby5y
My friend is thinking of opening a sheesha café in Pakistan that will play loud music (Bhangra, English etc). Is this allowed in Islamic Shariah? Will the income be Halal? I need to know so I can advise him.

Jazak-Allah
:sl:

Smoking sheesha is haraam because it is harmful. Even more harmful than cigarettes because of the carbon monoxcide from the charcoal.

Allah say's in the Quran: Do not cast yourselves into destruction by your own hands.(2:195)
There's plenty of evidence in shariah that suggests music is haram. Combining the two and you have an explosive cause for fitnah. Other than leading people away from Islam what benefits can such places have for muslims? None.

The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
"Whoever sits in an assembly of people who do not mention the name of Allah in their gathering, and who do not ask Allah for his blessings on their Prophet, will find it a cause of sorrow. And if He Allah wishes He will forgive them."[/
And he (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: "No people may rise from an assembly in which they have failed to mention the name of Allah, without it being as if they were getting off a dead donkeys rotting back, and it would be a cause of affliction for them."[/
Good and Bad Company

The Prophet (saw) likened good and bad company: bad company is like standing next to a furnace. Although you do not get burnt, the smoke comes onto you and others can smell the offensive odour on you. Similarly, keeping good company is like standing in a perfume shop, although you may not be wearing any perfume, other people will be able to smell the scent on you.

Traditionally it has been said that one should “not inquire about a man, but should observe his companions, for indeed one companion imitates the other”. Our Holy Prophet (saw) has said;

“A man takes on the religion of his companions”.
Please advise the brother on the dangers of running such cafes. Remind him that it is bad enough if we forget our duties towards Allah, let alone cause others to do the same.

:w:

aby5y
12-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey thanks Muse for the advice...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aby5y
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey Muslimah Sis...Thanks for your advice...I appreciate the detailed answer...Insha'Allah I will let my friend know. I did know it was wrong but I needed some more points of view. Jazak-Allah

Snowflake
12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
No problem brother. May Allah give us all hidayah. Ameen.

MuSe
12-21-2006, 07:53 PM
May Allah (SWT) guide your friend and all of us. Ameen.

Malaikah
12-23-2006, 03:31 AM

hmm so what's sheesha? :?

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

hmm so what's sheesha? :?
lol the hose some lebos stick in their mouths :p

Malaikah
12-23-2006, 03:48 AM

You mean this?

:offended: :offended:

Those things are disgusting!! Haram!:heated:

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 03:50 AM

You mean this?

+o(

syilla
12-23-2006, 05:41 AM
I have a better idea........

why don't you put a wireless broadband connection..

and then promote islamicboard to them

:D

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 05:42 AM
actually, wiFi idea is awesome for cafe's... hire out laptops 2 customers that would actually be a great marketing idea.... very few cafes do that i think!

all the best
salams :)

The Ruler
12-23-2006, 12:01 PM

arent sheeshas...something like flavoured something :?...i have seen loads of people in kuwait having them...and also one 'islamic' shop in coventry road in Birmingham :confused:...so how is it haram :?...also a few people i know that are muslims...like quit religious...but they do have sheesha :confused:

hidden_treasure
12-23-2006, 12:04 PM

You mean this?

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool...i hate em, they are sooo popular in egypt, even smoked by hijabi women...ewww..what a sight!

Muhammad
12-23-2006, 12:14 PM

We have quite a few threads on music, so Insha'Allaah you can search for them and they might be of help. Here are a few:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...c-singing.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...iew-music.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/405605-post2.html

I think the topic here has been dealt with, so if there aren't any further questions, I think it's best to have the thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.