/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

SeekingOne
12-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I am happy to have found this forum and I look forward to learning from everyone.

I am a former Methodist pastor that has finally come to realize there are too many discrepancies in Christianity to continue on that path.

I know God to be the One, True God, so now I must come to the understanding of Muhammad as His Messenger. For so many years of my life, I've understood only Jesus to be His Messenger. But I want to come home to true faith in God alone, so allow me to be a sponge to soak up your wisdom.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuSe
12-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Welcome. I hope the forum will help you on your search insha'Allah. May Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) guide you towards the truth. insha'Allah. Amîn

rubiesand
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Seeking One.

I hope you will find your time with us beneficial.

I would like to recommend two books for you to read on the subject of our Prophet (peace be upon him):

Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources and Remembrance and Prayer: The Way of the Prophet Muhammad.

These are both excellent books full of wisdom and insight. I believe you will find them useful in your spiritual journey.

Skillganon
12-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. We are in a way all are student from variouse age and background, trying to learn more. So welcome and do not be afraid to ask questions.

Are you sure you are you did not join this forum before?

I think by the name "sojourner"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum SeekingOne :).

I am very happy to hear of your recognition of God and your sincere search for His true path. May you find what you are seeking on this forum and we will be most pleased to help you in any way we can.

I hope your stay will be beneficial and enjoyable, God-Willing.

Peace.

FollowingAlhuda
12-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Peace to you o SeekingOne.

May Allah, lead you to his truly light of Islaam.

In the Quran Allah Says:

"And they (non-believers) try to put out the light of Allah (Islaam) with their mouths (by speaking bad about this religioun). But Allah continous his light, even though the wrongdoers do not like it!"
(shafa)

I hope you will find your anwsers Insha Allah.

SeekingOne
12-22-2006, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Are you sure you are you did not join this forum before?

I think by the name "sojourner"
No, that was not me. Sojourner appears to be here in the States, but is a Baptist minister.

Frankly, I just discovered this forum today. I am ashamed to relate that I have vBulletin forums of my own, yet I never thought to seek out Islamic forums for more information.

Having once "wrestled" with God over His calling me into His service, I seem to sense His comforting hand upon me as I study and learn more about Islam. I recently watched a video about a former Christian that had reverted to Islam and without trying to sound cliche, I agree with what he kept repeating in the video. The more I learn about Islam, the more I realize Islam is what I wanted Christianity to be.

Reverting to Islam seems more and more like returning to the home that I have longed for, these many years.

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 01:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekingOne
No, that was not me. Sojourner appears to be here in the States, but is a Baptist minister.

Frankly, I just discovered this forum today. I am ashamed to relate that I have vBulletin forums of my own, yet I never thought to seek out Islamic forums for more information.

Having once "wrestled" with God over His calling me into His service, I seem to sense His comforting hand upon me as I study and learn more about Islam. I recently watched a video about a former Christian that had reverted to Islam and without trying to sound cliche, I agree with what he kept repeating in the video. The more I learn about Islam, the more I realize Islam is what I wanted Christianity to be.

Reverting to Islam seems more and more like returning to the home that I have longed for, these many years.
Inshallah you will find your way. Just remember everyone had to start from somewhere, the early companions of the prophet (prophets) where reverts.

Just Ask Allah(s.w.t) to guide. Any help just ask.

syilla
12-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Welcome...and have a beneficial stay.

Yes indeed....

cleo
12-22-2006, 05:32 AM
I will say, you will be lead to perfect understanding, and peace in your heart. That is what I found in Islam. I am sure you will be guided to the light, for you to know, Allah is one and only...Welcome..

SeekingOne
12-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Cleo, I have realized a fresh and new peace in my heart, simply by posting here as I have. I trust this is God's way of reminding me that I am moving in the proper direction. Thank you for your welcome.

The Ruler
12-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Greetings,

:welcome: to the forums...hope you have a great and beneficial stay.

Peace

Pk_#2
12-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Hello :)

Welcome and May God guide you!

Tc :D

Aisha20
12-22-2006, 06:35 PM
hi

welcome to Li

peace

- Qatada -
12-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey. :)

Don't worry, Prophet Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) weren't the only prophets. It's been authentically reported that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that there have been a total of 124,000 prophets, and around 315 messengers of God.

The prophets and messengers came to their own people and spoke their language so the people could accept the message clearly without doubts.

And We sent not a Messenger except with the language of his people, in order that he might make (the Message) clear for them. Then Allah misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. [Qur'an 14:4]

All the prophets called to the worship of Allaah Almighty Alone, but they came specifically to their own nation. Muhammad (peace be upon him) - the final messenger of Allaah was given the responsibility to spread this message to all of mankind. After all of the arabian peninsula had accepted islaam, the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) passed away, by the wisdom of Allaah Almighty.

Due to the training the Prophet (peace be upon him) gave to his companions, in all aspects of life [i.e. in their faith, lifestyle etc.] these companions were fit enough to spread islaam to different areas of the world justly. Therefore within a few decades, islaam had spread as far as the west of Spain [al andalus] and reached as high as North of Africa. This was a blessing from Allaah, and we sit here today pleased with our Creator just because Allaah blessed one man, with one mission, the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.)

We believe that Jesus will come back, and He will slay the anti - christ. Jesus is a respected messenger of Allaah, yet Allaah is One and only does what befits His majesty. So he doesn't need a child, nor does He need any other relative. Allaah is One, and there is none worthy of worship except Him, to Him we will be returned, and who is truer in His words than Allaah?

Beblessed
12-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Welcome!:)

Woodrow
12-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Welcome Seekingone, I am a revert myself. I started life as a Roman Catholic. Had intended to become a priest. My early college days were as a semenarian. But, instead of becoming a priest I became agnostic and called myself a Buddhist. It took me 40 years from that point to discover I was really a Muslim. Reverting to Islam was like a return home to where I belonged.

My early days introduced me to Jesus(as) but it was as a Muslim I learned to truly know and understand him.

If you have any question please post them here of if you have personal questions feel free to PM me. New limited members can use the PM system to contact Mods.

SeekingOne
12-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I want to share some really great news with everyone. Let me begin by saying -

Assalamu Alaikum!

On this day, I have declared Shahadah and embraced Islam in my heart of hearts. Allahu Akbar!

I recognize this is the very first step of an infant in Islam and pray you will all recognize, in sha' allah, you are not exempt from answering my many questions! I will doubtless be leaning on all of you (and relying on your patience), in the coming days.

- Qatada -
12-23-2006, 09:15 PM
wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Maasha'Allaah kooooooooooooooooooool! :D :D can you post your revert story plz? :) praise be to Allaah who guides those who turn to Him sincerely.

Woodrow
12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Mashallah Brother and welcome home. Yes, we will be here to help you in any way we can. It may not be any one specific person, but you will find that your Brothers will be with you.

Welcome Home to Islam. May you feel the Joy of returning, because you were Muslim the day you were born, this is a home coming not a conversion.

Kittygyal
12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Assalmualikum,
welcome akhi i myself is a revert aswel Alhamdulillah am becoming an 3limah inshallah allah azwajal, have fun && stay active mashallah your a revert aswel kewliow :)
may Allah subahnwatallah lead us all to thy right path inshallah
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-23-2006, 09:24 PM
:sl:
MashAllah brother Seeking. Im glad to have another brother in Islam. Welcome to the Ummah :) Ask any questions you may have. InshAllah we will help you the best we can :) Looking forward to your posts and reading about your story. As that will only boost our Imaan more, InshAllah.

Allahu Akbar!

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-23-2006, 09:59 PM

Welcome back :D Alhamdullilah. We are very happy to have you here with us. :D

rubiesand
12-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Wa alaikum assalam brother!

It really is wonderful news! It's a source of great joy to all of us to witness that Allah has guided a soul to the truth.
Alhamdulilah.

Allahu akbar!

SirDemonic
12-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Welcome Brova :D

Enjoy the forum

SeekingOne
12-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Brother Woodrow, it sounds as if you and I may have much in common.

My story is a simple one. I was raised in a Christian home and after several years of denial, accepted a calling into ministry. It looked, for a brief time, that I might be moving overseas and left my puplit as a result.

For several months previous to this, I had been studying various translations of the Holy Bible and kept discovering the innovation of man, rather than the inspired Word of God. This was a very low point of my life, as I began to question what my service in the puplit had really been worth. I felt very distant from the familiar comfort of my faith.

I began to look into Islam and the more I looked, the more I liked. The Qur'an is not this decade's version of a holy book, rather it is the same, unchanging Qur'an it has been for centuries.

As I continued to examine Islam, I once again could feel God's proximity, a feeling that I had been longing for. As I read bits and snippets from the Qur'an, I began to hear it's verses singing in my heart. I consider myself to be very fortunate, for I have heard God speaking to me, several times in my life and today was one of those days. His message was to clearly ask me what I was waiting for and why was I not declaring my faith. And this just two days before one of the holiest of days in Christianity!

I truly believe in the structure of Islamic faith. Far too many Christians are losing themselves in the relaxed and "feel good" nature of the modern church, whereas Muslims are daily reminded that we are to say and do all things, in fact live our lives to honor Allah (swt).

So you see, I believe that a large part of my heart has been Muslim for many years. It just took time for this "thinking man's" brain to catch up with his heart.

I thank Allah (swt) for blessing me with each and every one of you. Your encouragement and your welcomes are of great worth to me.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Beautiful story bro, MashAllah. May Allah(swt) guide u always, InshAllah, Ameen. Your always in our dua's bro like the rest of this Ummah :)

Muhammad
12-24-2006, 01:28 AM

Masha'Allaah, congratulations on your reversion to Islam, brother! :)

It is truly a great piece of news that you have shared with us, and all praise is due to Allaah for guiding you to Islam!

I am sure that we will all try our best to help and support you in any way that we can Insha'Allaah.

May Allaah help you and increase you in knowledge and faith, Aameen!

YusufNoor
12-24-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SeekingOne
Brother Woodrow, it sounds as if you and I may have much in common.

My story is a simple one. I was raised in a Christian home and after several years of denial, accepted a calling into ministry. It looked, for a brief time, that I might be moving overseas and left my puplit as a result.

For several months previous to this, I had been studying various translations of the Holy Bible and kept discovering the innovation of man, rather than the inspired Word of God. This was a very low point of my life, as I began to question what my service in the puplit had really been worth. I felt very distant from the familiar comfort of my faith.

I began to look into Islam and the more I looked, the more I liked. The Qur'an is not this decade's version of a holy book, rather it is the same, unchanging Qur'an it has been for centuries.

As I continued to examine Islam, I once again could feel God's proximity, a feeling that I had been longing for. As I read bits and snippets from the Qur'an, I began to hear it's verses singing in my heart. I consider myself to be very fortunate, for I have heard God speaking to me, several times in my life and today was one of those days. His message was to clearly ask me what I was waiting for and why was I not declaring my faith. And this just two days before one of the holiest of days in Christianity!

I truly believe in the structure of Islamic faith. Far too many Christians are losing themselves in the relaxed and "feel good" nature of the modern church, whereas Muslims are daily reminded that we are to say and do all things, in fact live our lives to honor Allah (swt).

So you see, I believe that a large part of my heart has been Muslim for many years. It just took time for this "thinking man's" brain to catch up with his heart.
I thank Allah (swt) for blessing me with each and every one of you. Your encouragement and your welcomes are of great worth to me.

Congradulations on your brain catching up with your heart! :D

most folks don't realize that Islam is a religion of reason, and as such lacks the contradictions of other religions. lots of folks have links to nifty info and there's always someone here if you need encouragement.

take advantage of those older Brothers that know where to turn.

find good audio of the Qur'an with both English and Arabic. if you think reading a few snippets sang to your heart, wait until you hear some of the Surah's that deal with Abraham(as), Yusuf(as) and Adam(as)! i'm a revert of near 9 months and when i started listening to the Qur'an it was like the Red Sea parting or the Walls of Jericho tumbling down! not only will it make perfect sense, but as you're familiar with the O.T., you will realize what was missing!

May Allah(SWT) guide you and strengthen you. May He(SWT) limit your tests to what you can handle! May He(SWT) increase you in knowlegde that will benefit you and keep from knowlegde that you don't need.

Yusuf

- Qatada -
12-24-2006, 11:16 AM
:salamext:

Great revert story masha'Allaah :) I'm sure many of us have experienced similar moments when we get the urge to come closer to Allaah and find it, praise be to Him.

Like brother Yunus said, you can get hold of some good recitations in arabic of qur'an with english translation, verse by verse from this link inshaa'Allaah:

http://www.sabbir.com/DownloadHalal.html

Remember that islaam removes all the sins that came before it, and may Allaah allow us into His paradise which is the true reward for the believers.

Samira_01
12-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome 2 dis forum akhi.. Hope U enjoy ur Stay

SeekingOne
12-25-2006, 02:09 AM
I appreciate this link, although it keeps me from accomplshing anything else, as I listen to it. The Qur'an overflows with the beauty of Allah (swt), in both the written and recited words.

FollowingAlhuda
12-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Masha Allah!

May Allah increase our knowledge of Islaam. And may Allah turn our harts to his faith. Allah leads whom he wants. And he loves you Walhamdolilah!

Some advise:
Try not to influence other. Because when you are a beginning Muslim, others can influence you where simply. Try to avois nun Muslims friends. and try to find PRACTISING muslim friends. For they muht teach you about you religion. Look out for sects. The best way is to follow the Quran and the Sunna of our beloved Prophet (Peace and Blessing be upon him). And the best understanding is the understanding of the Sahaba and the Tabi3een and Atba Tabi3een (Followers , an the next) those are cald Selefou Salih.

It is authentically reported on the authority of `Umran Ibn Husain (ra), that he said: "Allah's Messenger said:

"The best of my Ummah is my generation, then those who follow them, then those who follow them'' (Narrated by Muslim)

The Messenger of Allah informs us in this Hadith that the best of this community of Muslims are his Companions and the two or three generations who succeeded them due to their adherence to Islam and their correct beliefs and practices and their freedom from hypocrisy, deviation and innovation. After them, the good will decrease in this Ummah and evil will increase with each succeeding generation until there will be seen people who will belittle the importance of giving testimony so that they will offer it even before it is requested from them and they will betray those who place trust in them and when they swear oaths, they will not keep them and they will become so immersed in the life of this world that obesity will become common amongst them due to their excessive eating of rich foods and lack of work or exercise.

Wassalamo Aleikom

syilla
12-26-2006, 07:51 AM
MashaAllah...brother congratulations on your reversion...

Your reversion story is a good one...

Jazakallah khayr brother...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!