/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religion and Life on other Planets

MTAFFI
12-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I guess my first question would be, if life were found on another planet would you still believe in God? Even if it were no more than a form of bacteria or some other micro-organism. Also as a Christian I know that my faith tells me that there is no other life accept the life on earth and in heaven and hell, is this the same in the Muslim faith? If life were found on another planet would this not make man in some way less significant to God since we would then not be his only world of creation? If a higher life form were found on another planet and did not have any of the same religious beliefs as the human race on Earth would this then signal that there is no God? I know this all seems sort of far fetched but it may not be in the next 30 or 40 years at the rate things are going with space exploration right now. :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey MTAFFI.

Try reading this:

ALIENS IN THE QURAN
http://www.answering-christianity.co...s_in_quran.htm

We also know that there are jinn, which is another creation on the earth whom we can't see, and this can explain the supernatural that we may see on the earth.

We also believe that there are other creations such as the angels, the creation specifically created for paradise [i.e. the hoor ul 'ayn etc.] etc.

So it wouldn't weaken our faith if we discovered anything like life on other planets, infact it may even increase it. And Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

Keltoi
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Actually my philosophy sounds like one from the movie Contact. If there isn't life in the whole universe besides our own, what a waste of space that would be. As a Christian, and I'm sure many disagree, my faith wouldn't be shaken by life on other planets. The idea is actually exciting.

Fishman
12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
:sl:
Yup, I think aliens exist. It's just very unlikely that we will have contact with them. Outside the realms of sci-fi, that is. But there is strong evidence, such as the black triangles (they exist, we are just not sure what they are), and the 'battle' over Germany in the middle ages.

The Nuremburg event, in which hundreds of spheres, cylinders and other shapes engages in 'battle' over the skies of Germany...

I'm sure Muzzy's going to post something humorous here soon...
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
12-21-2006, 09:54 PM
The "battle" over Germany. Do you have a link to any history behind this picture?

Fishman
12-21-2006, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The "battle" over Germany. Do you have a link to any history behind this picture?
I have a Wikipedia article and a cranky paranormal site. I suppose the former is more trustworthy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO#Past_accounts

The skeptical explanation is mass-hallucinations caused by lead paint. I don't understand how hundreds of people could have had the same hallucination though.

Keltoi
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I have a Wikipedia article and a cranky paranormal site. I suppose the former is more trustworthy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO#Past_accounts

The skeptical explanation is mass-hallucinations caused by lead paint. I don't understand how hundreds of people could have had the same hallucination though.
Very odd. I tend to disbelieve the mass hallucination explanation as well, but one never knows I suppose.

Woodrow
12-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I fail to see how the finding of life on another planet would bring about any loss of faith. The universe is a marvelous place. We have been blessed by Allah(swt) to have so much diversity that we can find his wonders in every new thing we see.

It was not long ago when Australia was discovered, with all of it's wonderous life forms that had never been seen by any Muslim, Christian or Jew. If anything were to shake mans belief in God(swt) surly the Duck-billed platypus would have. Here was a creature totaly unknown found in a land were land was not believed to be. and the marvel of finding living creatures there.

In the history of mankind and our knowledge of Gods(swt) word the finding of life on other planets should be anticipated and of much less of a shock to mankind than the finding of a platypus.

Trumble
12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
If life were found on another planet would this not make man in some way less significant to God since we would then not be his only world of creation?
I don't see why, God as Christians and muslims conceive him would certainly have the capacity to deal with more than one intelligent species. Man would be no less 'significant' just because he has company, you just need to expand the box to include all such life-forms. The only problem I can see at all is if you take the creation myth in relation to the earth seriously.

I don't believe that sort of God exists, of course, but if I did considering the size of the universe and the many wonders in it, it would be a terrible waste if mankind was the only species able to appreciate it. That, and maybe some of those others would be less screwed up than we are. Maybe one or more of their planets is free of war, famine, pain, suffering and wholesale slaughter and exploitation of the other species they share a planet with. Maybe part of the plan for us is that, one day, we will meet with and learn from them.

Hijrah
12-21-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hey MTAFFI.

Try reading this:

ALIENS IN THE QURAN
http://www.answering-christianity.co...s_in_quran.htm

We also know that there are jinn, which is another creation on the earth whom we can't see, and this can explain the supernatural that we may see on the earth.

We also believe that there are other creations such as the angels, the creation specifically created for paradise [i.e. the hoor ul 'ayn etc.] etc.

So it wouldn't weaken our faith if we discovered anything like life on other planets, infact it may even increase it. And Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

I recommend you avoid that site, it's run by a deviant who rejects hadith and uses fallacies to win arguments.

AvarAllahNoor
12-21-2006, 11:51 PM
It would increase my faith in God even more knowing he's created other lifeform besides us silly humans

New_Muslim
12-21-2006, 11:59 PM
If there is life on other planets it is no doubt from Allah swt

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.