RED ALERT

*Six people die in Johor
*Floods now in 6 states
*Klang Valley may be next

The dead:
1) Ahmad Sarkawi, 70 - drowned
2) Marsiah Ahmad, 69 - drowned
3) Nor Azahari Nordin, 28 - drowned
4) Teh Sook Ching, 61 - died after hanging for 24 hours for help to get her to hospital
5) M. Mageswari, 26 - found in a car submerged on a road.
6) A. Muniandy, 59 - found in a car submerged on a road.

The evacuees:
1) State of Johor - 50,000 people
2) State of Malacca - 6,860 people
3) State of Kelantan - 400 people
4) State of Pahang - 2,000 people
5) State of Terengganu - 260 people
6) State of Negeri Sembilan - 467 people

The Meteorological Department has issued a "Red Stage" warning and warn people to brace for emergencies. Heavy rain is expected to hit the east coast states in the peninsula as well as the Klang Valley.

"Red Stage" denotes heavy monsoon rain, and the warning has gone out to Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, as well as southern Selangor and Kuala Lumpur.

Source: The Star, 23.12.2006, page N3.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Here is a link to the Story:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...112&sec=nation

abdil han
12-23-2006, 06:23 AM
salam aleykum
may Allah help you all inshaAllah brother,
and we are waiting for rains here in turkey,some cities began to not to get enough water ...

wassalam

Dahir
12-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Another reason I am terrified by island-nations. You are very lucky that Malaysia has a good evacuation system; elsewhise you'd be like Sri Lanka or Banda Aceh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
12-23-2006, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Another reason I am terrified by island-nations. You are very lucky that Malaysia has a good evacuation system; elsewhise you'd be like Sri Lanka or Banda Aceh.
:sl:
Actually, Malaysia is not a small island-nation, it's bigger than Britian.
:w:

Skillganon
12-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Remember Allah(s.w.t) and the signs he sends down. So bessech Allah(s.w.t)

remember the people of Aad and Thamud.

- Qatada -
12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
:salamext:

The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit when he was sick and said, “Do you know who is a shaheed (martyr) in my ummah?” The people remained silent, then ‘Ubaadah said, “Help me to sit up.” They helped him to sit up, then he said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (is it) the patient one who seeks reward from Allaah for his patience?”

The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Then the martyrs among my ummah would be very few. Being killed for the sake of Allaah is martyrdom, the plague is martyrdom, drowning is martyrdom, stomach disease is martyrdom, and if a woman dies during the post-partum period, her child will drag her to Paradise by his umbilical cord.” The umbilical cord is that which is cut by the midwife when the child is born. The hadeeth was narrated by Imaam Ahmad in his Musnad with a saheeh isnaad. (al-Musnad, 3/489).

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...rown%20shaheed

starfortress
12-24-2006, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Actually, Malaysia is not a small island-nation, it's bigger than Britian.
:w:
Thank you for the explanations.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir

Actually,Malaysia consists of both island(Borneo) and mainland(Malay Peninsula) that builds up the unique geographic of Malaysia.:)

Thank you and Alahamdulillah for the cares and reminders,shows from our Brothers in Islam.Jazakallahu khayr to all .:)

Zulkiflim
12-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Salaam,

Well i just came backf rom holiday from Putrajaya..

Took the expressway,saw several houses and people waddling thru the waters,,,most having fun..

LOL

OIn some areas you can see the whole area submerged..Could not believe that it was that bad..

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 03:12 AM
it the worst flood in a century... in the northern region, it's cloudy (but it's not raining) and strong winds (maybe because we're situated between two major floods area (the southern region and Aceh, on the northwest)

It's hard to get seafood, as fishermen didnt go to the sea due to the strong winds... and the price of veggies went up....

My aunt is in Segamat, Johor visiting her daughter... their house is not flooded, but they have no access to the outside as the flood cut off all the way out... luckily they have one month food supply...

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 03:24 AM
CROCODILE THREAT LOOMS FOR FLOOD VICTIMS

MUAR, Dec 24 (Bernama) -- The residents of Parit Ponorogo in Jalan Tangkak claimed that besides the flood waters they have to contend with the threat of crocodiles which had escaped with the rising water from a nearby farm.

Mukim Kesang headman Ishak Abu Bakar said the villagers told himthat some 15 crocodiles from the farm are roaming free in the flood waters.

"They have noted the presence of a three-metre crocodile in Bukit Hijau and Tanjung Gading three days ago.

"In addition to the 15 loose reptiles, the presence of wild crocodiles from Sungai Kesang is also felt whenever the river overflows,"
he told Bernama here.

According to Ishak, the crocodiles were said to be roaming in Mukim Serom, Mukim Sungai Mati, Kundang and Teluk Rimba right up to Kampung Seri Makmur in Tangkak which were under up to 2m of water as a result of the floods.

He said the local authority had been informed of this situation.

--- Bernama http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/st...=238190&cat=st

rav
12-26-2006, 03:39 AM
i hope everything gets better where you are.

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 03:41 AM
yeah.... hoping for a good eid this weekend...

syilla
12-26-2006, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
CROCODILE THREAT LOOMS FOR FLOOD VICTIMS

MUAR, Dec 24 (Bernama) -- The residents of Parit Ponorogo in Jalan Tangkak claimed that besides the flood waters they have to contend with the threat of crocodiles which had escaped with the rising water from a nearby farm.

Mukim Kesang headman Ishak Abu Bakar said the villagers told himthat some 15 crocodiles from the farm are roaming free in the flood waters.

"They have noted the presence of a three-metre crocodile in Bukit Hijau and Tanjung Gading three days ago.

"In addition to the 15 loose reptiles, the presence of wild crocodiles from Sungai Kesang is also felt whenever the river overflows,"
he told Bernama here.

According to Ishak, the crocodiles were said to be roaming in Mukim Serom, Mukim Sungai Mati, Kundang and Teluk Rimba right up to Kampung Seri Makmur in Tangkak which were under up to 2m of water as a result of the floods.

He said the local authority had been informed of this situation.

--- Bernama http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/st...=238190&cat=st
in the later news...the number of crocodiles has increased to 27 :exhausted

i hope they are not having too much fun in the water...

Skillganon
12-26-2006, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
in the later news...the number of crocodiles has increased to 27 :exhausted

i hope they are not having too much fun in the water...
Wow, you have corocadaile in malaysian village?

syilla
12-26-2006, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Wow, you have corocadaile in malaysian village?
actually it is from the nearby crocodile farm...its has escaped.

syilla
12-26-2006, 06:33 AM

Tania
12-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Why the malaysian people need croco farms:?
I had no idea its so bad - in the first picture we can see only the house roof from the water :(. The authorities when said the weather will be improved or they didn't predicted anything.

syilla
12-26-2006, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I had no idea its so bad - in the first picture we can see only the house roof from the water :(. The authorities when said the weather will be improved or they didn't predicted anything.
we do have quite a number of crocodile farms...

i don't know why the needed it though...maybe for the skin :-[

The authorities predicted for Johor...that the weather will worsen. :exhausted

Skillganon
12-26-2006, 07:02 AM
we do have quite a number of crocodile farms...
i don't know why the needed it though...maybe for the skin :-[
Maybe it's some malaysian delicacy:?

syilla
12-26-2006, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Maybe it's some malaysian delicacy:?
nah...thats illegal :blind:

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
For skins.... and some Chinese eat the meat too...

Skillganon
12-26-2006, 07:06 AM
You sure?
Last time i checked in malaysia , "things are legal until you get caught"

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 07:06 AM
nah... it's not actually... crocodiles are not protected animal in MAlaysia... because we have lots of them in crocodile farms....

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 07:08 AM

what a sarcastic picture.....

"UNDILAH BARISAN NASIONAL"
"VOTE FOR NATIONAL FRONT"

"untuk kestabilan negara"
"for the stabilisation of the nation"

syilla
12-26-2006, 07:11 AM
nah... it's not actually... crocodiles are not protected animal in MAlaysia... because we have lots of them in crocodile farms....
yeah...there is one restaurant in pj that has crocodile in their menu.

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 07:15 AM
yeah...there is one restaurant in pj that has crocodile in their menu.
there are lots of Chinese here, but there are no restaurants selling animals like crocs, dogs etc... maybe Penangite Chinese love pork... than other animals..

there's one restaurant serving puppies in Pudu

north_malaysian
12-26-2006, 07:27 AM

This caused Kuala Lumpur - Singapore train services interrupted.

Tania
12-26-2006, 08:27 AM
there are lots of Chinese here, but there are no restaurants selling animals like crocs, dogs etc... maybe Penangite Chinese love pork... than other animals..

there's one restaurant serving puppies in Pudu
I hope the new king will forbid this farms and restaurants :offended:

You have right about picture - we can't talk about stabilisation when people remained without houses and are so big damages. Every year happens the floods or only this year :?

Woodrow
12-26-2006, 12:48 PM
May Allah(swt) give refuge to those in danger and protect them from harm.

My heart goes out to all who are now suffering. I pray that those who loose their lives will awaken in Jannah and that those who loose property will have it replaced with something of greater value.

Zulkiflim
12-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Salaam,

Hey luckily i did not take the old caueway if not i will be underwater LOL..

Some pics that i took of my trip...

about the flood of course..lol

335939204 8c87d70fd6 2?v0 -

335943006 eb65529ca8 2?v0 -

335948674 d6d3254cf1 2?v0 -

Tania
12-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Its arwful to see everything under water. The people saved their life but poor animals :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.