/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this Halal?????

Inshallah
12-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Islamic conferences such as ISNA and the big one being held in toronto with speakers such as zakir nayak. I have a question, are these conferences a good place to find your potentional soulmate instead of the many other haram places where young muslims meet up???? Mingling with the opposite gender is haram but if you are interested in someone you see there is this haram???? Please provide proper sources on your conclusion, jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
:sl:

interesting questions.....

this is already occurring here too......astagfirulla...

arent ppl forgetting the reality...are we forgetting that...we are going there to listen to speeches and expand our knowledge further on islam.....not for searching for soul mates....ya Allah...

it just simply shows our intentions is not correct....

DAWUD_adnan
12-22-2006, 10:25 AM
what is the ISNA ?

Inshallah
12-22-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler

interesting questions.....

this is already occurring here too......astagfirulla...

arent ppl forgetting the reality...are we forgetting that...we are going there to listen to speeches and expand our knowledge further on islam.....not for searching for soul mates....ya Allah...

it just simply shows our intentions is not correct....

I get your point, i'm taking your view as a opinion though not a fact or haram or halal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Inshallah
12-22-2006, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
what is the ISNA ?
ISNA= Islamic Society Of North America

The Ruler
12-22-2006, 03:26 PM

wouldnt it depend on you having a mahram with you or not :?

:w:

Inshallah
12-22-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

wouldnt it depend on you having a mahram with you or not :?

:w:
Well yes say if you do, does that make it halal????????

netprince
12-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Dont know about the Haraams or the Halaal of it.

Finding a husband/wife is a very important part of a persons life and if you happen to be a convert or from a lifestyle where mommy and daddy dont 'arrange' a partner for you, what do you do? Spent the rest of your life alone, or try and find someone?

Personally, i wouldnt think a conference would be a good place to try and find a partner. Becoming involved in the local muslim communities and/or organisations and meeting other muslims that way would probably be a better option. I've known freinds, find there partners through freinds. For example, one of my freinds wanted to get married so he discussed it with another freind, then that guy asked around and one of his freinds knew someone who was also looking for a husband. They had a 'meeting' in the company of other people, discussed whatever they needed to discuss and got married, they have now been happily married for something like 5 years now with 3 kids.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.