/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hamas and Fatah continue fighting & a rocket ment to kill Israelis goes off course

ManchesterFolk
12-22-2006, 02:03 PM
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A fierce gunbattle broke out between Hamas and Fatah militants in Gaza City early Friday, underscoring the fragility of a two day old truce that had largely ended factional violence there.
The street battle erupted when Hamas militiamen tried to free two kidnapped militants, including a senior member of the Islamic group. It died down after 20 minutes as Muslim clerics and other mediators worked to restore the cease-fire. Nobody was hurt despite the battle's intensity, health officials said.

Hamas said its fighters exchanged fire with Fatah-affiliated militants behind the abductions. The fight quickly spread, drawing in guards outside the residence of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah, and Hamas militiamen guarding the home of Foreign Minister Mahmoud Zahar of Hamas Zahar. Abbas was not in Gaza at the time.

Meanwhile, Palestinians stepped up rocket attacks on Israel, including one that veered off course and hit a Gaza home, injuring a 2-year-old Palestinian boy sleeping in his bedroom, officials aid.

Six other rockets landed in Israel, but nobody was hurt. The barrage threatened a separate cease-fire between Israel and the Palestinians that ended months of Israeli military activity in the Gaza strip.

A minister in Olmert's Cabinet said it was time to call off the cease-fire.

"Enough restraint," Binyamin Ben-Eliezer told Israel Radio. "Israel is many things, but a suicidal state isn't one of them."

A week of factional violence in Gaza has killed 16 people and left dozens injured across Gaza before the truce took effect Tuesday night.

Hamas blamed the Thursday night kidnappings on a clan affiliated with Fatah that was trying to avenge the deaths of two its members in an earlier round of fighting.

In Friday's battle, gunmen on rooftops fired at others in the streets. The presidential guard took up defensive positions behind newly built walls of sandbags and barriers of cement blocs outside Abbas' residence.

Hamas officials said the Fatah gunmen shot at Zahar's home.

One witness said several rocket-propelled grenades were also launched. Residents said they put their children in bathtubs for protection against stray bullets. Others tucked themselves in corners for safety.

The militant group Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for some of the rockets that landed in Israel, including one that hit a community center the southern town of Sderot. The army said the rocket caused some damage but nobody was hurt.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack that struck the Gaza home. In the past, similar cases of Palestinians being hurt by Palestinian rockets have led to backlashes against militant groups, whose attacks against Israel are generally supported by the public.

The boy, Samir al-Masri, suffered two broken legs, said Dr. Said Judeh of Kamal Adwan hospital. The boy's 4-year-old sister and 3-year-old brother were lightly wounded by shrapnel, said their uncle, Jad al-Masri.

Abbas, a moderate, has repeatedly called for an end to rocket fire, saying they only invite harsh Israeli retaliation.

In the West Bank town of Ramallah, Abbas said he hoped to hold a long-awaited summit with Olmert by the end of the year.

"We always showed our willingness to hold this meeting with Olmert, and it's no secret that we hope it will take place before the end of this year," Abbas said at a news conference with the visiting Italian foreign minister, Massimo D'Alema. "There is progress in preparations for this meeting."

The two leaders have repeatedly expressed readiness to meet for what would be their first summit. But preparations have bogged down amid disagreements over the agenda.

Abbas wants Israel to promise to release hundreds of Palestinian prisoners. Olmert has ruled out a prisoner release until Hamas-linked militants free an Israeli soldier they captured last June. Olmert's spokesman, Jacob Galanti, said he was not aware of firm plans for a meeting.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061222/...l_palestinians

So how does Israel make peace with the Palestinians when the Palestinians cannot even make peace with themselves? :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ManchesterFolk
12-24-2006, 04:22 AM
No comments?

I guess a Muslim boy killed by a Kassam rocket made to kill a Jewish boy, is a tragedy for you all, but a casualty of war when it kills a non-Muslim.

The silence in this thread speaks louder than 1,000,000 posts.

lavikor201
12-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Sad situation.

Skillganon
12-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Live Dialogue: Veteran Palestinian American Writer Ramzy Baroud

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
12-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Anything to offer to the conversation or just propaganda?

SilentObserver
12-25-2006, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk

So how does Israel make peace with the Palestinians when the Palestinians cannot even make peace with themselves? :heated:
The answer is obvious, as long as Hamas is allowed to even have an influence, peace will not exist.
The fighting and killing continues immediately following ceasefire between Hamas and Fatah. It is a waste of time for them to even discuss.

What kind of politics is that? Simply barbaric and uncivilized.

Dahir
12-25-2006, 02:01 AM
I don't want to play the blame game, but it was the West's idea to call for elections AFTER democracy had taken place and Hamas had one. The call was supported by Fatah, who lost fair and square.

That's a diplomatic slap in the face. And the assassination attempt on Ismail Haniya didn't help the peace effort a single bit.

Palestine is the third poorest nation/region in the world, what do you expect? Harmony and love? :statisfie

Sorry, not there. :X

Erundur
12-25-2006, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I don't want to play the blame game, but it was the West's idea to call for elections AFTER democracy had taken place and Hamas had one. The call was supported by Fatah, who lost fair and square.

That's a diplomatic slap in the face. And the assassination attempt on Ismail Haniya didn't help the peace effort a single bit.

Palestine is the third poorest nation/region in the world, what do you expect? Harmony and love? :statisfie

Sorry, not there. :X

That is very true.

Skillganon
12-25-2006, 05:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Anything to offer to the conversation or just propaganda?
Are you refering to me:?

ManchesterFolk
12-25-2006, 02:24 PM
I thought he was refering to me. :-[

abdmez
12-27-2006, 12:44 AM
I hate this violence, makes me sick inside.

SilentObserver
12-28-2006, 04:38 AM
I just heard on the tv news that Israel's Olmert is under increasing pressure to respond to the rocket attacks into Israel. He has ordered the military to not respond to the attacks from Palestinians firing rockets, in order to give the peace talks a chance. 46 rockets have been fired since then, trying the patience of the Israelis.

IzakHalevas
12-28-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver
I just heard on the tv news that Israel's Olmert is under increasing pressure to respond to the rocket attacks into Israel. He has ordered the military to not respond to the attacks from Palestinians firing rockets, in order to give the peace talks a chance. 46 rockets have been fired since then, trying the patience of the Israelis.
What is he suppose to do? The Palestinians continue to break the so called "treaty" they have with Israel by firing dozens of rockets into Israeli territory, and then will cry as the whole Islamic world will when Israel actually decides to respond and defend its citizens and country. What a pathetic situation, any country on this planet would have defended and crused an enemy firing rockets at there citizens, but Israel would be put under so much pressure if they did that because the world is so narrow minded and bigoted.

abdmez
12-28-2006, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
What is he suppose to do? The Palestinians continue to break the so called "treaty" they have with Israel by firing dozens of rockets into Israeli territory, and then will cry as the whole Islamic world will when Israel actually decides to respond and defend its citizens and country. What a pathetic situation, any country on this planet would have defended and crused an enemy firing rockets at there citizens, but Israel would be put under so much pressure if they did that because the world is so narrow minded and bigoted.
Not every Palestinian is a war mongering, iranian puppet like hamas. Some actually want Palestinians to get a state like Fatah and do not want another 100 years of war and suffering so extremists can continue there "war". :blind:

Warthog
01-02-2007, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdmez
Not every Palestinian is a war mongering, iranian puppet like hamas. Some actually want Palestinians to get a state like Fatah and do not want another 100 years of war and suffering so extremists can continue there "war". :blind:
The faster they drive out Hamas, the faster the will achieve peace.

Peace for palestinians and israelis.

miqu
01-02-2007, 11:51 AM
They Burn Government office, forcing palestinian to close their store, try to kill the palestinian elected-by-people Prime Minister, They also one of the faction that launched rockets to Israel.

And all blames go to Hamas. Nice work, Shabak:statisfie

to all victims of zionist propaganda,

please visit ifamericanknew

miqu
01-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Not every Palestinian is a war mongering, iranian puppet like hamas. Some actually want Palestinians to get a state like Fatah and do not want another 100 years of war and suffering so extremists can continue there "war".
Do you know that what military faction that often targeted by Israeli the Israeli forces?

its Islamic Jihad and Al-Aqsa Martyr Brigades, because they are the 2 faction that had the most contribution to the rocket attack

And in case you dont know, Al-aqsa Martyr Brigades is the military wing of FATAH

In case of hamas, the Israel forces dont focus on the Izzedin Al-Qasam (Hamas Military Wing) member, but in Hamas - Independent LAWMAKER

guest why ? because that stupid Abbas try to force a election that will be a violation of the Palestinian Constitution

rav
01-03-2007, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim
:sl:

Bismilaa Hir'aa maaniraheem,

The illegal state of 'Isreal' will continue to use their dirty tricks in occupied Palestine, this is no suprise to us. Fatah will be defeated and they will be crushed alongside their zionist masters.

Inshaa'Allaah'hu'ta'Allaah the Mujaahideen will continue to rain missiles and rockets upon the zionist state, the oppression and brutal persecution of the 'Isrealis' against the Palestinian people is clear for all to see.

May Allaah azzawajjaal give victory to the Muslims and the Mujaahideen over those who wage war against this 'Ummaah of Muhammad (sallallhualaayhee'wa'salaam).

:w:
Right... the rocket that goes off course and hurts someone else was a "zionist trick"... so how uneducated are you?

If that is the mainstream Islamic view than I could see why Israel would never want to give the Palestinians a state, why give them a state when you know they will just kill and attack you more? :enough!: Sounds like suicide.

Then again, we have had a Palestinian give us a mainstream view of sicko's like this who have their interests in mind, not the Palestinians.

I guess until the "Ummah" gets smart, the Palestinians will continue having no education, poverty, no life, and the world pushing them to blow themselves up and be a violent society.

miqu
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
If that is the mainstream Islamic view than I could see why Israel would never want to give the Palestinians a state, why give them a state when you know they will just kill and attack you more? Sounds like suicide.
oh yes the palestinian are barbarian murderoues children murderer anti semitism, look at the neturai karta rabbi, they lynched them right after they invite the JEWISH RABBI into the palestinian parlement

guest who invite THE JEWISH RABBI, ITS HAMAS THE ANTI SEMITIC FACTION

IT IS HAMAS THAT SHOOT HUNDREDS OF ISRAEL CHILDREN RIGHT THROUGH THE CHILDREN NECK. POOR ISRAELI CHILDREN, THE ISRAEL CAN ONLY RESIST WITH THAT STUPID ROCKET ATTACK.

ups:)

Akil
01-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger ----->Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death

The Israeli’s and Palestinians make enemies out of each other everyday

And everyday more die and another generation becomes jaded and hateful

It will take a courageous generation of Israelis and Palestinians coming together and finding a new reign of power to stop this cycle.

In the end the Israelis and Palestinians will rise together

Or die a painful death and the hands of their brother

Curious girl2
01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger ----->Hate -----> Violence -----> Death -----> Loss -----> Anger -----> Hate -----> Violence -----> Death

The Israeli’s and Palestinians make enemies out of each other everyday

And everyday more die and another generation becomes jaded and hateful

It will take a courageous generation of Israelis and Palestinians coming together and finding a new reign of power to stop this cycle.

In the end the Israelis and Palestinians will rise together

Or die a painful death and the hands of their brother

Wise words.

Peace CG

جوري
12-07-2011, 01:48 AM
What a disgusting thread I just noticed it.. Israel is a colonial settler cockroach state. The Palestinians who are the true Semites along with the Yemenis which your country seems to want to send its drones at every other day to wipe out entire villages are are at war with them, what kind of comment are you exactly hoping for OP? other than may God increase their losses!

best,

ariginality
12-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Terrorism: n.
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Israel was founded by means of terrorism and continues to be a terrorist state, defying countless U.N. resolutions, it remains the biggest threat to international security and civilization.

Every individual alive today is a victim of Zionism, not just the Palestinians; Including the American tax payer, the poor and homeless in Africa (and else where), every just cause that has missed out on the billions of dollars that the American government has wasted on supporting a country that no longer supports its logistical interest or any other interest. Whether the cause be for food, cure, education, or stabilization. We are all victims of the propaganda born in the hearts of "self-hating Jews" that runs through the corrupt American political system, the mainstream media, even the majority of Arab governments (the ones who have sold out "for a peaceful tomorrow," while Israel inhumanely treats, or rather kills, all of our brothers and sisters either in blood, religion, and/or humanity). Let a Zionist come tell me I'm filling the room with propaganda, should I bring the countless pictures of innocent lives taken by their "high-precision laser guided missiles" or bullets from snipers (was the baby crossing the street at the wrong moment?) or those of armored bulldozers knocking over families homes killing anyone in it's path, or who needs pictures when you have raw data. Let's bring the numbers killed on each side in the past 15 years (numbers that will clearly dictate which side is fighting for freedom and which side a bunch of coward terrorists), the destruction of the olive trees that men feed their families from, the illegal settlements that grow in number constantly, the mistreatment at checkpoints... the lists goes on and I don't need CNN or any other media to confirm what I've seen with my own eyes. But if you don't get the idea by now, then you're too blind for the rest to matter. Forgive me if I find it hard to make peace with the oppressor who has learned his techniques from Hitler, only to polish and finely tune them so that the victim may become the victimizer, as they cry wolf when the oppressed scratch the surface. And to those who wish to question who the victim is, I'm referring to those who were inviting the Jews into their homes before they started war and declared independence in 1948 by means of terrorism.

9/11, 3000 dead, was enough reason for America to take over 2 foreign countries in counting, in the same breath that they were funding billions of dollars to the prime minister/terrorist who was the general of the army responsible for Sabra and Shatila. Should I laugh at the hypocrisy, cry for the victims, or stress over the stupidity of humanity (or lack thereof). America built a case against Saddam for weapons of mass destruction... Just show the receipts from the Department of Treasury! ("Here's an apple if you're going to die from hunger, but I'll kill you if you eat it").... And at the end of the day, they didn't even exist? Must be mad conspiracy here. But please allow me to leave the obvious conspirators left unnamed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.