/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Impeach Bush... Now" Campaign

Ninth_Scribe
12-22-2006, 05:12 PM
That's right folks! These guys are amassing a ton of testimony and they mean business, so by all means, show them the love.

The alleged impeachable acts of President George W. Bush include:

1. Ordering and directing "first strike" war of aggression against Afghanistan causing thousands of deaths;

2. Removing the government of Afghanistan by force and installing a government of his choice;

3. Authorizing daily intrusions into Iraqi airspace and aerial attacks including attacks on alleged defense installations in Iraq which have killed hundreds of people in time of peace;

4. Authorizing, ordering and condoning attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq on civilians, civilian facilities and locations where civilian casualties are unavoidable;

5. Threatening the use of nuclear weapons and ordering preparation for their use;

6. Threatening the independence and sovereignty of Iraq by belligerently proclaiming his personal intention to change its government by force;

7. Authorizing, ordering and condoning assassinations, summary executions, murder, kidnappings, secret and other illegal detentions of individuals, torture and physical and psychological coercion of prisoners;

8. Authorizing, ordering and condoning violations of rights of individuals under the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eight Amendments to the Constitution and of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and other international protections of human rights;

9. Authorizing, directing and condoning bribery and coercion of individuals and governments to obtain his war ends;

10. Making, ordering and condoning false statements and propaganda and concealing information vital to public discussion and informed judgment to create a climate of fear and hatred and destroy opposition to his war goals.

http://www.impeachbush.org/site/News...s_iv_ctrl=1061

Needless to say, I am supporting the accusations numbered 3, 7, 8 and 10.

The Ninth Scribe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-22-2006, 05:26 PM
At the very least this is a very loud voice to GW that we do not like the way the country is being treated. Although my own feeling is that he is basicaly a willing scapegoat and the main orrenders are some of our members of Congress.

It is time we all got off our easy chairs and remind Washington that it is a Government of the people, by the people and for the people. They serve us, we don't serve them.

Keltoi
12-23-2006, 12:01 AM
The architects of the Bush foreign policy approach aren't in congress, they are old friends and associates of George H W Bush. Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Perle, etc. On the issue of impeachment, I don't think the basis is there for any sort of legal action, especially since Congress failed in their oversight responsibilities, which might be the issue with Congress Woodrow was referring to. It might get the lefties excited, but the chances of actually impeaching Bush are next to nothing.

snakelegs
12-23-2006, 12:07 AM
i find it ironic that the media and the people clamored so loud for impeaching clinton on the basis of some stupid things he did which had nothing whatsoever to do with the abuse of power.
here we have a president who has taken us in to war on the basis of lies and hundreds of thousands of people have been killed or permanently maimed (physically as well as psychologically) - and there is almost dead silence on the impeachment issue.
actually, it's kind of creepy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
12-23-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i find it ironic that the media and the people clamored so loud for impeaching clinton on the basis of some stupid things he did which had nothing whatsoever to do with the abuse of power.
here we have a president who has taken us in to war on the basis of lies and hundreds of thousands of people have been killed or permanently maimed (physically as well as psychologically) - and there is almost dead silence on the impeachment issue.
The issue with Clinton was lying under oath, it doesn't matter what the lie was about, the idea of a president lying under oath is "kind of creepy" to many people. Most of those who want Bush impeached do so on the basis of their ideology, not some high moral compass. The "based on lies" assumption is faulty as well, since the intelligence used to justify the Iraq War was also researched and accepted by many nations outside the U.S. In other words, the intelligence Bush used to justify military action didn't come from the Bush administration alone. That being said, I want U.S. troops out of Iraq too, just for other reasons than political ideology.

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2006, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
Because the man is a tyrant and he plays a dirty game of pool. That's why! It isn't a question of having enough evidence. That evidence exists, but if you try to go up against Bush, he'll sick his top dogs on you! General Casey was never a push over. The man is not easily swayed and has always been stead-fast, yet a visit from Bush's new dog, and Casey did a complete 180 on the issue of troop surge (despite the last failure) after just one meeting!

It's a very small window of time that is fragile due to the health of one of the members of congress. If his health fails him, the balance of power will tip back into Bush's favor, so never mind about the donation requests, just sign the **** petition!

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2006, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The "based on lies" assumption is faulty as well, since the intelligence used to justify the Iraq War was also researched and accepted by many nations outside the U.S. In other words, the intelligence Bush used to justify military action didn't come from the Bush administration alone. That being said, I want U.S. troops out of Iraq too, just for other reasons than political ideology.
Bush is a handful to face-off with. There are few countries today who do not view him as a loose cannon and thus, will go along with whatever he says because he is just that overbearing to deal with. The man eats generals for breakfast, and a trillion bucks to him is the equivilent of a box of cheerios, because he doesn't think about the genrations to come. His stance on Greenhouse gases proves that. The fact that several scientists pressed charges because (they claim) the Bush Administration silenced them from speaking... gives you a good idea of what happens to people who, heaven forbid, disagree with him in any way, shape or form.

This isn't ideology we're dealing with. The man does not represent the people, will not represent the people and has slandered the names and reputations of the people, in favor of his dream, If I Could Rule the World.

To be honest here, I'd rather deal with the Mafia. At least that would be without fake pretenses.

Ninth Scribe

BTW: Keltoi, if you are 101st, meet up with 102nd... pull the **** records and then tell me there is no evidence for item #3.

Skillganon
12-23-2006, 06:32 PM
No offense to anyone. I have created a new phrase for his lies:

"BUSH CRAP"

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
No offense to anyone. I have created a new phrase for his lies:

"BUSH CRAP"
Hahahahahahahahaha! That was great!

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
12-23-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Bush is a handful to face-off with. There are few countries today who do not view him as a loose cannon and thus, will go along with whatever he says because he is just that overbearing to deal with. The man eats generals for breakfast, and a trillion bucks to him is the equivilent of a box of cheerios, because he doesn't think about the genrations to come. His stance on Greenhouse gases proves that. The fact that several scientists pressed charges because (they claim) the Bush Administration silenced them from speaking... gives you a good idea of what happens to people who, heaven forbid, disagree with him in any way, shape or form.

This isn't ideology we're dealing with. The man does not represent the people, will not represent the people and has slandered the names and reputations of the people, in favor of his dream, If I Could Rule the World.

To be honest here, I'd rather deal with the Mafia. At least that would be without fake pretenses.

Ninth Scribe

BTW: Keltoi, if you are 101st, meet up with 102nd... pull the **** records and then tell me there is no evidence for item #3.
I'm not sure what "time of peace" # 3 is referring to, but U.S. aircraft were being fired upon on a fairly routine basis after the first Gulf War. According to the cease-fire aggreement which Saddam Hussein signed, any act of aggression on his part would bring about a return to hostilities. Since the Iraqi army was crushed escaping from Kuwait, limited airstrikes seemed to be punishment enough under the circumstances.

Ninth_Scribe
12-23-2006, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I'm not sure what "time of peace" # 3 is referring to, but U.S. aircraft were being fired upon on a fairly routine basis after the first Gulf War. According to the cease-fire aggreement which Saddam Hussein signed, any act of aggression on his part would bring about a return to hostilities. Since the Iraqi army was crushed escaping from Kuwait, limited airstrikes seemed to be punishment enough under the circumstances.
Not Desert Storm. Seek and you shall find~~~

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
12-23-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Not Desert Storm. Seek and you shall find~~~

Ninth Scribe
It isn't my job to "seek" your point, you should be able to express that yourself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.