/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best Anti-Virus software???

Abdul-Raouf
12-23-2006, 03:28 AM
i have Norton by symantec... is that ok ???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
12-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Norton is very good in network environments.

for personal computer use, i recommend etrust Antivirus (formally known as 'Vet'), it's very compact and easy to use.

take care all the best :)

salams

Skillganon
12-23-2006, 03:51 AM
According to PCWORLD "BitDeffender 9" is the best.

I personally prefer my AVG (FREE). If you surf safe and don't download stupid stuff, than you won't have much problem with viruses.

Woodrow
12-23-2006, 04:02 AM
I find AVG to be at least as good as Norton and if used with a Spy remover program such as Spybot or Ad-aware it is outstanding.

Norton is one of the best known which is good. However it is also the one many hackers attempt to break with viruses most of the Klez Worms that go around are made to disable Norton and render Norton unable to detect viruses. Symantec usually catches them within a day and will send an update to correct for them. I did find customer support with Norton to be very good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M2A^AKIB^
12-23-2006, 05:01 AM
i don't like any of them... i think it just makes ur computer slower.

plus if u know how to use the internet properly, who need anti-virus!

if i get a virus in my pc i just restore the system and BAM,,, no virus...

lolwatever
12-23-2006, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
i don't like any of them... i think it just makes ur computer slower.

plus if u know how to use the internet properly, who need anti-virus!

if i get a virus in my pc i just restore the system and BAM,,, no virus...
lol problem is many viruses infect the restore files :X

ur right about performance... das y i like vet coz it's really small app that does its job quietly without any bells n whistles.

tc :w: :D

'Abd al-Baari
12-23-2006, 07:33 PM
i have bitdefender 9 and it is really very good

netprince
12-23-2006, 08:11 PM
In my experience AVG is.

i've tried Norton and Macafee but have had serious issues with both of them.

lolwatever
12-24-2006, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
In my experience AVG is.

i've tried Norton and Macafee but have had serious issues with both of them.
:w:
like what bro?
:sl:

ps: i agree norton 2me kinda should be used only in network environments... not that it does a bad job for local use from what i seen. just a lil less user friendly.

netprince
12-24-2006, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
:w:
like what bro?
:sl:

ps: i agree norton 2me kinda should be used only in network environments... not that it does a bad job for local use from what i seen. just a lil less user friendly.

I've had my PC start going 'wierd' and after trying to do virus checks using norton and macafee i find nothing wrong. Then i've downloaded AVG and rescanned and found my computer full of virus's (my old PC died as a result of virus infections, this was in the days i didnt know about the failings of norton). I have also seen this on my freinds PC which had Norton. His PC needed a completed rebuild. I work in the IT industry and have heard from good sources that a lot of virus's are designed to attack the more popular virus software such as Norton and Macafee, therefore, its always better to use one of the lesser known virus checkers, and to update the virus definitions as often as possible.

My current PC i have had for over three years and using AVG i have been able to avoid any serious viral damage. I still get the occasional virus/worm/trojan appear but AVG pretty much pick up everything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.