PDA

View Full Version : Dr Zakir Naik - Sikhism



AvarAllahNoor
12-23-2006, 03:33 PM
STATEMENT: I'm not promoting my religion before i get scolded, it's a genuine request!

I was always curious about his opinion on sikhism though i always knew he would reject Sikhism but i always wanted to know the area in sikhism which he would choose to attack. so while searcing for his opinion this is the ONLY website i've found (which is another example of his decieving people by his skill) in his analysis of Sikhism the "concept of God in major religions" where he wrote very briefly about Sikhism and made grave mistakes in order to mislead people by writing like guru Nanak Ji was influenced by Shiekh Kabir Ji, and has nowhere mentioned the qualities of Guru Granth Sahib?

http://saif_w.tripod.com/interfaith/.../insikhism.htm

The thing is he cant pick whats wrong about Sikhism because its full of common sense, all he can say is Guru ji was influenced By Kabir Ji, which was nonsense. - Now i only ask because he's compared all other religions and refutes them, but not Sikhism, Why is the question i'm asking? Does anybody have any clips from youtube or other sources because i can't find a thing, only this one link?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aby5y
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Zakir Naik is one of the best speakers I ahve heard. Allah has blessed him with an amazing memory...May Allah give us all the ability..
Ameen
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
12-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Erm....anyone??
Reply

Mohsin
12-26-2006, 06:28 AM
To my knowlege, there is nothing on his views about sikhism. A friend once inqured IRF about sikhism, but all they said was we focus on the larger world religions more, but we can if you wish give you links to other websites about sikhism.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Israfil
12-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor


The thing is he cant pick whats wrong about Sikhism because its full of common sense, all he can say is Guru ji was influenced By Kabir Ji, which was nonsense.
I dont think he knows enough about Sikhism to "refute" it. Also, his study concentrates primarily on Christianity and Hinduism.
Reply

Silver Pearl
12-26-2006, 08:38 AM
:wasalamex and Greetings,

The topic should not be diverted into Insulting Dr Zakir Naik, this can easily fall into backbiting. I'll let this topic slide and give people the opportunity to discuss it further. However, no off-topics and no ad hominem attack regardless of your personal opinions about Dr Zakir Naik.

Please people try and keep to the topic and be aware of what you say.

Jazakallah khayr and Thank you:) .
Reply

SUMMAYAH
12-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I personally don'y know anything about sikhism as I know about other religions. Maybe becuase it's a very young religion and it's related to other religions as Islam, Christianity and Judism are.
Tell me a little about your religion in your own words so I can form an opinion for myself.
thanks
Reply

SQUID
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Dr Zakir naik !!!

:giggling:
Reply

CosmicPathos
12-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
STATEMENT: I'm not promoting my religion before i get scolded, it's a genuine request!

I was always curious about his opinion on sikhism though i always knew he would reject Sikhism but i always wanted to know the area in sikhism which he would choose to attack. so while searcing for his opinion this is the ONLY website i've found (which is another example of his decieving people by his skill) in his analysis of Sikhism the "concept of God in major religions" where he wrote very briefly about Sikhism and made grave mistakes in order to mislead people by writing like guru Nanak Ji was influenced by Shiekh Kabir Ji, and has nowhere mentioned the qualities of Guru Granth Sahib?

http://saif_w.tripod.com/interfaith/.../insikhism.htm

The thing is he cant pick whats wrong about Sikhism because its full of common sense, all he can say is Guru ji was influenced By Kabir Ji, which was nonsense. - Now i only ask because he's compared all other religions and refutes them, but not Sikhism, Why is the question i'm asking? Does anybody have any clips from youtube or other sources because i can't find a thing, only this one link?
Kabir developed his ideas in more or less the same context as that of Guru Nanak. Seems this particular time point in Punjabi history represents a stronger focus on asceticism and a new understanding of God within a milieu of Muslims, Hindus, Jains. Sikhism is a newer understanding that emerged in these communities during the time. It was also a response to the sectarian "wars" in Islam, Hinduism and Jainism. It surely picked on some characteristics of asceticism from Hinduism and the concept of one God from Islam.

But today, even Sikhs have divided into their understanding of the relationship between God and Guru Nanak. Some believe he was God-incarnate, just like how Krishna is God-incarnate. Others stick to a more monotheistic transcendental understanding of Om Kara.

Dr. Naik might not be an expert on Sikhism, but he has enough understanding of it to speak about it. If he makes a mistake, not a big deal, everyone does.
Reply

Raaina
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I just wanted to add, I reall enjoy Dr Zakir Naik lectures, but i've never seen him talk about Sikhism. Only Islam, Christianity and Hinduism.

But his lectures are amazing. He's an incredible intelligent guy!
Reply

Foulana
12-30-2009, 12:58 PM
asalam walaykum

someone sent me this link to a site refuting sikhism
click here
Reply

SQUID
12-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by mystical_moon
I just wanted to add, I reall enjoy Dr Zakir Naik lectures, but i've never seen him talk about Sikhism. Only Islam, Christianity and Hinduism.

But his lectures are amazing. He's an incredible intelligent guy!
;D

dr zakir converted a hindu girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzrZqfFCC4
Reply

GreyKode
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by SQUID
;D

dr zakir converted a hindu girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzrZqfFCC4
What a retard you are ;D
Reply

SQUID
12-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by GreyKode
What a retard you are ;D
sir you took it seriously , Dr naiks image is very jolly to non muslims , there are many fun videos related to Dr z .


one video i watched it says " Dr Naik converted to Christianity " :statisfie
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Hmmm...Zakir Naik is a great Speaker..
Reply

Charzhino
12-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist

But today, even Sikhs have divided into their understanding of the relationship between God and Guru Nanak. Some believe he was God-incarnate, just like how Krishna is God-incarnate. Others stick to a more monotheistic transcendental understanding of Om Kara.
This is true, however the real understanding from the Sikh scripture should be is that Guru Nanak was considered One with God. He had lost all individuality from the material world and had replaced it with the source of it all, God.
Reply

paradise88
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
I agree, Sikhism is a 'newer' religion thats why it is not compared alot and like someone said Islam links with the other big religions which are most of the population. Sikhism isn't explained or talked about enough in my opinion. I'd like to know about it more to be honest
Reply

Islam-Sikhism
01-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Asalaamu 'alaikum,

If you would like to know more about Sikhism from an Islamic point of view, with fully referenced articles then please visit:

http://www.islam-sikhism.info

wa salaam
Reply

SQUID
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Islam-Sikhism
Asalaamu 'alaikum,

If you would like to know more about Sikhism from an Islamic point of view, with fully referenced articles then please visit:

http://www.islam-sikhism.info

wa salaam
i checked your article " THE SLEEPING BOOK " at above site .

its true that Sikhs treat Guru granth sahib as living guru , i found these images







Reply

CosmicPathos
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
intereting pics. They also have women/men section separate. Very much like Muslims in Pakistan. And that music scene, also similar to Barelwi Muslims in pakistan.
Reply

GreyKode
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
intereting pics. They also have women/men section separate. Very much like Muslims in Pakistan. And that music scene, also similar to Barelwi Muslims in pakistan.
And... is that a hijab the women are wearing?
Reply

Supreme
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by SQUID
i checked your article " THE SLEEPING BOOK " at above site .

its true that Sikhs treat Guru granth sahib as living guru , i found these images







Sikhism looks like a beautiful religion, Sikhs look very proud. I love the temples (Gurdwaras) you have in Sikhism. I also like your holiest site, the Golden Temple. Looks beautiful.:statisfie
Reply

SQUID
01-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Supreme
Sikhism looks like a beautiful religion, Sikhs look very proud. I love the temples (Gurdwaras) you have in Sikhism. I also like your holiest site, the Golden Temple. Looks beautiful.:statisfie
:statisfie

above pictures are from Leemington ( hw much from London ?)

Goldem temple is truely divine n beautiful .


Reply

Supreme
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by SQUID
:statisfie

above pictures are from Leemington ( hw much from London ?)

Goldem temple is truely divine n beautiful .


http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...pa-communities

That's the article I've found on it. Sikhism's rather small, but in Britain it's the fourth largest religion and there are loads of Sikhs here in London, reminding me of the sheer diversity of the place! It doesn't actively seek converts does it? That temple looks beautiful, shame for all the hostility towards it. We've got a big gurdwara here in London.

Have you ever visited the Golden Temple? I just love the way there's a large lake surronding it... stunning!
Reply

SQUID
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
It doesn't actively seek converts does it?
ya ,we feel " ALLAH JEHOVA RAMA SATANAMA ........" All name of ONE ,
Snatam kaur she is an angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6agB...eature=related




Sikhs facing hard time in US these days ,Britain is Cool !!
http://www.realsikhism.com/index.php...3696645&ucat=5




Have you ever visited the Golden Temple? I just love the way there's a large lake surronding it... stunning!
;D i m from Amritsar !!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by GreyKode
What a retard you are ;D
I would say the same thing, without the laffing.
Reply

SQUID
01-10-2010, 06:50 AM
while reading Women status in Sikh n Islam @
http://www.islam-sikhism.info



QURAN

SHAKIR,4:43: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.



http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...t.html#004.034








Now Guru Granth sahib


First Mehl:


From woman, man is born; within woman, man is conceived; to woman he is engaged and married.

Woman becomes his friend; through woman, the future generations come.

When his woman dies, he seeks another woman; to woman he is bound.

So why call her bad/inferior? From her, kings are born.

From woman, woman is born; without woman, there would be no one at all.

O Nanak, only the True Lord is without a woman.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gur...&Lang=1&I=8593
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-10-2010, 02:42 PM
^^You are one weird person, seriously. Frist of all, this isnt a compare Islam and Sikhism thread. Second, stop twisting! I'm sick as hell of people like that. Get a life!!
Reply

Predator
01-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by SQUID
;D

dr zakir converted a hindu girl
Yes ,he did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfG4J7iINGE
Reply

SQUID
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^You are one weird person, seriously. Frist of all, this isnt a compare Islam and Sikhism thread. Second, stop twisting! I'm sick as hell of people like that. Get a life!!
:argue: is this not comparative religion section ? :haha:
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Oopsy, I mixed it up with another thread :-[

Consider the twisting comment...:s
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 03:07 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!