/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is sheesha?

aby5y
12-23-2006, 08:31 PM
:sl:
I was jus about to explain what a water pipe is... but i guess my friend has helped me with this. Jazak-Allah...:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
12-23-2006, 08:39 PM

Voila, one water pipe, for smoking flavoured tobacco.

aby5y
12-23-2006, 08:48 PM
yep exactly like ma bruv muzzi said its for smokin flavoured tobacco. u get it? u should know anyway..a thot it was heavy common down south..??

netprince
12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Whats normally smoked in Sheesha's isnt tobacco but something called flavoured molasses (its a left over of the sugar making process i think.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
12-24-2006, 03:51 PM
it isn't molasses (dried fruit) on it's own..there's tobacco mixed with it too.

al_faaris574
12-24-2006, 04:31 PM

Its also very haraam and unhealthy

:w:

aby5y
12-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah alot of people have mixed views on this topic. Personally, I think it is haraam because it does great damage to the human body (Your basically burning away your insides)....

aby5y
12-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Its Aby not Akhi..lol..Yeah I know its sooo popular in the Middle East...I went to Dubai and it was everywhere. Im currently on holiday in Pakistan and people are starting to smoke it here like crazy too. In the big cities (Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi) there are so many cafes opening. I guess businessmen see it as an opportunity to make money. Its upto us to tell them not open such Haram businesses..Insha-Allah

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aby5y
Its Aby not Akhi..lol..Yeah I know its sooo popular in the Middle East...I went to Dubai and it was everywhere. Im currently on holiday in Pakistan and people are starting to smoke it here like crazy too. In the big cities (Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi) there are so many cafes opening. I guess businessmen see it as an opportunity to make money. Its upto us to tell them not open such Haram businesses..Insha-Allah
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

Akhi means brother in arabic

Akhi do you think people are going to listen to us? nowadays people refuse to listen to muslim why? because they think were terrorist! :enough!:
&& everyone should know "drugs" are Haram anyway, but the majority of people think "drugs" are for fun && everyone think your "big timmers" but thats wrong.

I've never been to Pakistan but my step family are from there && one of my step cousin sister told me pakistain has spoilt there's too many druggies about humm Allah Hu Alim

Ma'assalama

aby5y
12-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Yep you have a point sister but we should still make an effort. Many of the Muslims nowadays are doing wrong things, so we should tell them aswell as non-muslims......Even when I look at my own Muslim friends I dont see good things. Many of them are doing drugs and involved in other haram activities. If we start by telling the people closest to us then Insha-Allah will open doors for us. Sincere Effort never goes to waste Insha-Allah.

Kittygyal
12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aby5y
Yep you have a point sister but we should still make an effort. Many of the Muslims nowadays are doing wrong things, so we should tell them aswell as non-muslims......Even when I look at my own Muslim friends I dont see good things. Many of them are doing drugs and involved in other haram activities. If we start by telling the people closest to us then Insha-Allah will open doors for us. Sincere Effort never goes to waste Insha-Allah.
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
i used to smoke, drink (when i was a christain) Alhamdulillah not anymore && trust me taking "drugs" is a waste all your doing is hurting your self i regret it now, i was really silly i used to smoke drink etc etc && even then i had a whole in my heart but i never refused to do it, but NOW the time has came were i have realised myself! but inshallah never will be taking it again INSHALLAH ALLAH AZWAJAL. :phew

inshallah we should all just do Dua'ah that Allah subahwnatallah helps everyone && shine thy light upon them inshallah

&& good point if our friends are like "druggies" we should tell them, if they don't listen then say it one more time to them still not listening then ALLAH knows our intentions inshallah

am out this thread now :omg: i've said enough :phew
Ma'assalama

aby5y
12-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Alhamdulila. Thanks for your advice sister...May Allah show us all the correct path. Ameen.

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
so if sheesha haraam is that the same for smoking

'Abd al-Baari
10-05-2007, 03:30 PM

^again there are mixed opinions in this..i believe acording to the Shafie' Madhab its haram whereas the Madhabs say that smoking is Mukrooh..Allahu A'lam. What we must remeber that in Islam causing yourself harm is haram and in the last few years we've learnt the damage that smoking does to the body

And Allah knows best :)

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 04:02 PM
but almost everyone we see smoke even moulanas

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 04:12 PM
^ there was a time when it was a "Dunno, could be halal", but recently most scholars been noticing the huge dangers of it.

lol i rememba my dad use to smoke, and he use to ask every now and then "is it really haram", i think he knew but the habbit was too strong, he gave it up for a year b4 it bit again.

Tawba is enuff inshaAllah, and cigarrettes are makhruh at least but most likely haram... the smell harms people a lot.

islamirama
10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hawaisat
so if sheesha haraam is that the same for smoking
smoking is more haraam than any sheesha or hookah. Smoking (cigarettes/cigars) is nothing but tobacco you're puffing thru a cotton swab or by itself. It destroys the lungs and gives you cancer.

I don't know anyone who smokes sheesha or hookahs who has any health problems. Sheesha is just flavored tobacco that doesn't even taste like tobacco since there's hardly any in it. hookah is SE Asia version of the sheesha. it's been used for centuries there without any lung related health problems. In fact, they have smoked it all the way to old age and easily lived upto 100yrs or more.

A hookah operates by water-filtration and indirect heat. It can be used for smoking many substances, such as herbal fruits and tobacco. The use of hookahs from ancient times in India was not only a custom, but a matter of prestige. Rich and landed classes would smoke hookahs. Tobacco is smoked in hookahs in many villages as per traditional customs. Smoking molasses in a hookah is now becoming popular amongst the youth in India. It is a growing trend amongst youngsters and adolescents. There are several chain clubs, Bars and coffee shops (such as Mocha) in India offering a variety of hookah.

The new trends emerging are that of non-tobacco hookahs with herbal flavours. Several modern restaurants are famous for this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

according to this, hookah/sheesha is more or just as dangerous as cigarettes
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hookah/AN01265

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.