PDA

View Full Version : The birth of Jesus - Biblical perspective



glo
12-24-2006, 10:22 AM
This is how the story is told in the gospel of Matthew:
The Birth of Jesus Christ
This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."

When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
And in the gospel of Luke:
The Birth of Jesus
In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to his own town to register.

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

The Shepherds and the Angels
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
Peace :)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
12-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Who are Luke and Mathew...???? what is called a Gospel???
Reply

glo
12-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Muzammil
Who are Luke and Mathew...???? what is called a Gospel???
Luke and Matthew were two of Jesus' followers, who told stories of Jesus' life. There are four gospels altogether.

I just wanted to share the Christian perspective of Jesus' birth, which we remember at Christmas.
I gather the story of Mary being visited by the angel Gabriel is very similar in the Bible and the Qu'ran. :)

Peace
Reply

Malaikah
12-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Should we share the Islamic version or something? :? After all it is the "comparative religion" section...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
glo
12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Should we share the Islamic version or something? :? After all it is the "comparative religion" section...
Why not, cheese?
I think that would be cool! :)

After all ... we all share a love for Jesus. :statisfie

Peace
Reply

The Ruler
12-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Greetings

if you dont mind, could you please answer my questions here?

Peace :)
Reply

Malaikah
12-24-2006, 01:04 PM
The story from Surat Maryam (Mary):

16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'ân, O Muhammad SAW , the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allâh) from you, if you do fear Allâh."

19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."

20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allâh): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allâh), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allâh).' "

22. So she conceived him[], and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24. Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allâh) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Hârûn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mûsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?[]"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;[]"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salât (prayer), and Zakât, as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salâm (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

Part of the recitation of these verses here:

Media Tags are no longer supported


sorry to anyone with dial up:hiding:
Reply

Grace Seeker
12-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Muzammil
Who are Luke and Mathew...???? what is called a Gospel???
With apologies to Glo for correcting her in public, Matthew was one of Jesus' disciples (a disciples is a student, in this case a student of Jesus), but not Luke. Luke was a companion of Paul (a man who wrote many of the letters found in the New Testament).

Both Matthew and Luke wrote Gospels about Jesus Christ. The word gospel literally means "good message" or "good news". The angel who spoke to the shepherds announcing the news of Jesus' birth said that the announcement of his birth was "good news" for all people because a savior had been born. When Matthew and Luke wrote their books which tell the story of Jesus' life, they told how he came to save people from their sins, so it was story of good news, not just a biography. Because of this these stories about the life of Jesus are called Gospels.

Matthew and Luke are only two of the four Gospels (good news accounts of Jesus' life) found in the New Testament. The other two are Mark and John. John was also a disciple of Jesus, and Mark was another companion of Paul for a very brief time. He also became a companion of Peter (another disciple of Jesus). They did not include the stories about Jesus' birth in their Gospel stories, not because it isn't important, but because the story of his death was seen as even more important in Jesus being a Savior and they focused on that aspect of the good news message more.

Many Muslims speak of the injeel, and by that they mean either the whole New Testament, or those 4 books which we Christians call gospels.
Reply

Dawud_uk
12-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
With apologies to Glo for correcting her in public, Matthew was one of Jesus' disciples (a disciples is a student, in this case a student of Jesus), but not Luke. Luke was a companion of Paul (a man who wrote many of the letters found in the New Testament).

Both Matthew and Luke wrote Gospels about Jesus Christ. The word gospel literally means "good message" or "good news". The angel who spoke to the shepherds announcing the news of Jesus' birth said that the announcement of his birth was "good news" for all people because a savior had been born. When Matthew and Luke wrote their books which tell the story of Jesus' life, they told how he came to save people from their sins, so it was story of good news, not just a biography. Because of this these stories about the life of Jesus are called Gospels.

Matthew and Luke are only two of the four Gospels (good news accounts of Jesus' life) found in the New Testament. The other two are Mark and John. John was also a disciple of Jesus, and Mark was another companion of Paul for a very brief time. He also became a companion of Peter (another disciple of Jesus). They did not include the stories about Jesus' birth in their Gospel stories, not because it isn't important, but because the story of his death was seen as even more important in Jesus being a Savior and they focused on that aspect of the good news message more.

Many Muslims speak of the injeel, and by that they mean either the whole New Testament, or those 4 books which we Christians call gospels.
these guys must have been pretty old as even the oldest parts of the gospels are written no earlier than 50 years after jesus.

almost all bible scholars admit that none of the 'authors' had met jesus, several seem to be simular accounts placed together and put under one author and the named people are not the disciples by the same names.

we know nothing about these authors, their lives etc, i dont understand why christians dont investigate the history of the bible and find out more about its forming, how it was put together etc.
dont take this from me, someone who doesnt follow your faith, go investigate it yourselves.

one final thing...
interesting discussion but shouldnt we have had this discussion either october time or feb / march as that is when jesus was supposed to have been actually born?
it was moved to this time of year to coincide with the pagan festivals of the romans by a pagan roman emperor who wanted to bring the new christian faith closer together with the pagan faith.

Abu Abdullah
Reply

Woodrow
12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Many Muslims speak of the injeel, and by that they mean either the whole New Testament, or those 4 books which we Christians call gospels.
almost correct. The Injeel would be the revelation given to Jesus(as) The Gospels of today contain partial memories and some distortions of what the Injeel was.
Reply

Muhammad
12-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for those explanantions, glo and Grace Seeker. Previously, I didn't really understand the full story behind "Mary and Joseph" and the shepherds going to the barn etc, but now it seems to be a bit clearer.

As far as I know in the Islamic version of events, Mary was not married to anyone, although she was from the family lineage of David and lived under the care of her brother-in-law, Zakariyya, who was a Prophet of the Children of Israel at that time. He was a great man among them, whom they would refer to in their religious matters.

Mary was dedicated to the service of the Mosque of the Sacred House in Jerusalem and was well-known for her remarkable acts of worship, devotion and perseverance.

It is interesting to note that Zakariyya saw astonishing miracles occur from Mary that amazed him, which are mentioned in the Qur'an:

Every time Zakariyya entered the Mihrab to (visit) her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Maryam! From where have you got this'' She said, "This is from Allah.'' Verily, Allah provides to whom He wills, without limit. [3:37]

It has been mentioned that he would find her with winter fruit during the summer and summer fruit during the winter. Is there anything similar to this in Christianity?



With regards to the conception and birth of Jesus, an interesting account has been mentioned in the exegesis of these verses (by the scholar Ibn Katheer), where we find mention of Joseph (Yusuf):
The Conception and the Birth
Allah, the Exalted, informs about Maryam that when Jibril had spoken to her about what Allah said, she accepted the decree of Allah. Many scholars of the predecessors (Salaf) have mentioned that at this point the angel (who was Jibril) blew into the opening of the garment that she was wearing. Then the breath descended until it entered into her vagina and she conceived the child by the leave of Allah. Muhammad bin Ishaq said, "When she conceived him and filled her water jug (at a well), she returned (to her people). After this, her menstrual bleeding ceased and she experienced what the pregnant woman experiences of sickness, hunger, change of color and there was even a change in the manner of her speech. After this, no people came to visit any house like they did the house of Zakariyya. The word spread among the Children of Israel and the people were saying, `Verily, her partner (in fornication) was Yusuf, because there was no one else in the temple with her except him.' So she hid herself from the people and placed a veil between herself and them. No one saw her and she did not see anyone else.'' Allah said;

[فَأَجَآءَهَا الْمَخَاضُ إِلَى جِذْعِ النَّخْلَةِ]

(And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm.) This means that her pains of labor compelled her to go to the trunk of a date-palm tree that was at the place where she had secluded herself. The scholars differed over its location. As-Suddi said, "Her place of seclusion was to the east and that was where she would pray at the Sacred House of Jerusalem.'' Wahb bin Munabbih said, "She ran away and when she reached an area between Ash-Sham and Egypt, she was overcome by labor pains.'' In another narration from Wahb, he said, "This took place eight miles from the Sacred House of Jerusalem in a village that was known as Bayt Al-Lahm (Bethlehem).'' I say, there are Hadiths about the Isra' (Night Journey of the Prophet ) that are reported by An-Nasa'i on the authority of Anas, and Al-Bayhaqi on the authority of Shadad bin Aws, that say that this took place at Bait Al-Lahm. Allah knows best. This is what is well known that the people all relate from each other. The Christians have no doubt held that the place of this occurrence was Bethlehem and this is what all the people relate. It has been related in a Hadith also, if the Hadith is authentic.
Peace.
Reply

glo
12-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
With apologies to Glo for correcting her in public, Matthew was one of Jesus' disciples (a disciples is a student, in this case a student of Jesus), but not Luke. Luke was a companion of Paul (a man who wrote many of the letters found in the New Testament).
I hope I will never be offended about you correcting me, Grace Seeker - I have learned so much from your posts over the past months! :)

I meant 'followers' as in believers in Jesus, rathern than necessarily disciples ... but I only chose that wording because I couldn't remember off-hand who was a disciple, and who wasn't ... :? :-[

Both Matthew and Luke wrote Gospels about Jesus Christ. The word gospel literally means "good message" or "good news". The angel who spoke to the shepherds announcing the news of Jesus' birth said that the announcement of his birth was "good news" for all people because a savior had been born. When Matthew and Luke wrote their books which tell the story of Jesus' life, they told how he came to save people from their sins, so it was story of good news, not just a biography. Because of this these stories about the life of Jesus are called Gospels.

Matthew and Luke are only two of the four Gospels (good news accounts of Jesus' life) found in the New Testament. The other two are Mark and John. John was also a disciple of Jesus, and Mark was another companion of Paul for a very brief time. He also became a companion of Peter (another disciple of Jesus). They did not include the stories about Jesus' birth in their Gospel stories, not because it isn't important, but because the story of his death was seen as even more important in Jesus being a Savior and they focused on that aspect of the good news message more.

Many Muslims speak of the injeel, and by that they mean either the whole New Testament, or those 4 books which we Christians call gospels.
Wishing you a blessed Christmas, Grace Seeker. :statisfie

Peace to all.
Reply

Grace Seeker
12-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
almost correct. The Injeel would be the revelation given to Jesus(as) The Gospels of today contain partial memories and some distortions of what the Injeel was.
Woodrow, thank-you for your correction on what Muslims mean by the Injeel.





Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

Thank you for those explanantions, glo and Grace Seeker. Previously, I didn't really understand the full story behind "Mary and Joseph" and the shepherds going to the barn etc, but now it seems to be a bit clearer.

As far as I know in the Islamic version of events, Mary was not married to anyone, although she was from the family lineage of David and lived under the care of her brother-in-law, Zakariyya, who was a Prophet of the Children of Israel at that time. He was a great man among them, whom they would refer to in their religious matters.

Mary was dedicated to the service of the Mosque of the Sacred House in Jerusalem and was well-known for her remarkable acts of worship, devotion and perseverance.

It is interesting to note that Zakariyya saw astonishing miracles occur from Mary that amazed him, which are mentioned in the Qur'an:

Every time Zakariyya entered the Mihrab to (visit) her, he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Maryam! From where have you got this'' She said, "This is from Allah.'' Verily, Allah provides to whom He wills, without limit. [3:37]

It has been mentioned that he would find her with winter fruit during the summer and summer fruit during the winter. Is there anything similar to this in Christianity?

Muhammad, very pleased to help in whatever little way one can. Nothing similar to the type of stories you mentioned are recorded in the Bible about Mary of Joseph. There is the story of Jesus circumcision, the flight to Egypt to escape Herod at the age of 2 (which is when the wisemen visited also), and again at age 12 a visit of Jesus to the temple with his parents. Beyond that no other stories of Jesus before he begins his ministry, and no more mention of Joseph at all. Of course, there are plenty of legends even back then, some of which may, at least in part, be based on fact. And I believe a few of them have made it into some of the books referred to collectively as the psuedopegraphia, but I can't fill you in on any details.





Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
these guys must have been pretty old as even the oldest parts of the gospels are written no earlier than 50 years after jesus.

almost all bible scholars admit that none of the 'authors' had met jesus, several seem to be simular accounts placed together and put under one author and the named people are not the disciples by the same names.

we know nothing about these authors, their lives etc, i dont understand why christians dont investigate the history of the bible and find out more about its forming, how it was put together etc.
dont take this from me, someone who doesnt follow your faith, go investigate it yourselves.

one final thing...
interesting discussion but shouldnt we have had this discussion either october time or feb / march as that is when jesus was supposed to have been actually born?
it was moved to this time of year to coincide with the pagan festivals of the romans by a pagan roman emperor who wanted to bring the new christian faith closer together with the pagan faith.

Abu Abdullah
Yeah we could have the discussion pretty much any time of the year. The Bible says that it was the 6th month when the Angel Gabriel came to Mary with her message, add nine months, and that makes it the third month. But that doesn't necessariy mean March as we know it because they were using a different calender; plus as the reference to the angel coming in the 6th month could be in reference to Mary's cousin Elizabeth's pregnancy as she was 6 months pregnant at the time and that was also part of the message the angel gave Mary. I suppose the reason we are having the discussion now is because Glo was simply posting the Biblical story of Jesus' birth because now is the time that Christians have chosen to celebrate it. Even the 5, 6, 7, and 8 year-olds at my church today seemed to understand that we don't know the real date when Jesus was born (we aren't even sure of the year), but that isn't what is imporant. What is important is that we celebrate that he was born.

The other views you expressed are opinions of various natures that would certainly be worth discussing, but I'll not in this thread as it was intended to talk about Jesus' birth from a Biblical perspective. The comparison with the stories from the Qu'ran are, I think, insightful elucidation on the similarities and differences between our two faith. The conjecture of subsequent theologians and supposed scholars, I think, is not.
Reply

Umar001
12-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Assalamu Aleykum Guys,

I think one thing that both Muslims and Christians can share withing the beauty of the miracle given to Mary and Jesus, is the emphasis that God has power over all things, big or small, and that sometimes we might view God as a Big Powerful Entity that controls the Universe and that controls big things like the Sun and the Moon, but at the same time we should remember that just as God made Jesus without a father, just as He controls the Big things, He also takes a very important role in each and every one of our lives, listening to us and always willing to welcome us onto the straight path.

Also, something that is, from what I have read, emphesised more in the Qu'ran, the reaction to this whole thing by Mary, we see a very human, scared, worried type of reaction. But again, just as God controls the Big things He also will help us if we help ourselves, and the example of Mary's peaceful submission, although clearly troubled is an example of human perfection.



Also, I don't want to get into debates about the authorship of the Gospels, but I will just say that there are different theories about who wrote the books and whether some were disciples who saw Jesus. But I guess that's another thread.

Eesa
Reply

Muslim Woman
12-25-2006, 01:57 AM
I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful


Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)


&&&


Christians believe that Jesus (p) performed his first miracle by turning water to wine ; on the contrary Muslims believe he defended his innocent mother ......after his miracle birth , that was his wonder by the Grace of Allah.


Is not it a wonderful belief ?? Can we share this info with our Chrsitians friends/ colleagues who don't know much about Islam ?


Christmas Greetings to all Christians participants :)
Reply

glo
12-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Christians believe that Jesus (p) performed his first miracle by turning water to wine ; on the contrary Muslims believe he defended his innocent mother ......after his miracle birth , that was his wonder by the Grace of Allah.


Is not it a wonderful belief ?? Can we share this info with our Chrsitians friends/ colleagues who don't know much about Islam ?
That's interesting.
Can you share more about this story?

Christmas Greetings to all Christians participants :)
Thank you! :)

Peace
Reply

Dawud_uk
12-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by glo
That's interesting.
Can you share more about this story?


Thank you! :)

Peace
peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence glo,

someone has already posted part of surah maryam (chapter of mary) but here are the verses you would be interested in...

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Hârûn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mûsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?[]"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;[]"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salât (prayer), and Zakât, as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salâm (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).
peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Abu Abdullah
Reply

Umar001
12-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Can you share more about this story?
There have been at least 3 incidents of Babies speaking in the history of mankind according to Islam, someone correct me if I am wrong.

One of these babies was Jesus, peace be upon him.

The background of the story goes like this:

Mary, peace be upon her, was as both Muslims and Christians believe found pregnent whilst a virgin. The implications of such a thing are many, one being that many would, quite naturally, accuse Mary, peace be upon her, of having done something sinful. The Almighty knowing this told Mary, peace be upon her,


..Then if you see any mortal, say: Surely I have vowed a fast to the Beneficent Allah, so I shall not speak to any man today.

Having taken this advice Mary, peace be upon her, went back to her people with the baby Jesus, peace be upon him. We can imagine how scary such a thing would be, yet she went forth, as the Qu'ran says,

And she came to her people with him, carrying him (with her).

And as to be expected they were amazed to see her carrying a baby,

They said: O Marium! surely you have done a strange thing.

They told her,


your father was not a bad man, nor, was your mother an unchaste woman.

Indicating that she had no reason to have commited such a sinful act, to bring shame upon her family and herself, especially since Mary, peace be upon her, was a woman who was given in dedication to the worship of God by her mother. Mary then,

pointed to him.

Thus fufilling what God has spoke to her that she should not speak to any of mankind at all, to which they said,

How should we speak to one who was a child in the cradle?

And it was at this point, an intense moment, in which we have one of the Best Women of Mankind, providing a best example for Submission and Trust in the Almighty by pointing to baby who cannot speak and keeping silent as she was told, with faith in God, that we see the baby, Jesus, peace be upon him, utter words, words of beauty, he said,

Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.

The words that we find hard on the lips of our teenagers today, are found on the beautiful lips of Jesus, peace beu pon him, as a miracle from the Most High, showing that this was no ordinary baby.

This is Jesus son of Mary.
Reply

glo
12-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence glo,

someone has already posted part of surah maryam (chapter of mary) but here are the verses you would be interested in...



peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Abu Abdullah
Thank you, Dawud and Eesa. :)

And apologies to Malaikah for missing her post! :-[

peace
Reply

Muslim Woman
12-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Salaam;

Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
[B]There have been at least 3 incidents of Babies speaking in the history of mankind according to Islam, someone correct me if I am wrong.

One of these babies was Jesus, peace be upon him.


---who are 2 other babies ?

Dear glo , u may read article of
Michael Wolfe , our revert bro to know more about Jesus (p)


Jesus Through a Muslim Lens

Many may be surprised to learn that Muslims believe in Jesus' miracles. But this shared interest goes much further


http://www.beliefnet.com/story/29/story_2964_1.html


related link:


The Islamic and Christian views of Jesus: a comparison



Do Muslims believe Jesus spoke in the cradle? YES


"Then she (Mary) pointed to him. They said: ‘How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?'


He (Jesus) said: ‘Verily! I am a slave of God, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet; " (19:29-30).

http://www.soundvision.com/Info/Jesus/inIslam.asp
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 321
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 03:54 AM
  2. Replies: 251
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 03:06 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 11:08 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 07:09 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!